• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ozark @ Dardanelle with conference title on the line

Started by TurfToe, October 25, 2016, 02:37:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TurfToe

Might as well get this started.... Thoughts? Predictions? Close game? Blow out?

Seems like Dardanelle has played solid ball all season and Ozark has had its ups and downs. Is Ozark finally putting it all together at the right time?

Hoping it's a good, clean game with minimal mistakes to see who the better team really is. If so, it could come down to the wire for a winner.

While I think it would take a perfect game from Ozark and some help from Dardanelle, a win for the Hillbillies would be huge on the road.

SUGARTOWN

October 25, 2016, 02:57:47 pm #1 Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 03:05:51 pm by SUGARTOWN
This game is not necessarily for the conference title. I guess it would be if Dardanelle wins, doubt they lose to Waldron in week 10, but if Ozark wins the possibility of a 4 way tie at 5-2 exists.

Lacerta agilis

If the Lizards come out flat like we did against the Hillbillys last year, we could start in a hole that we can't get out of. I think that 62 point display by Ozark last week has our boy's attention. I agree, with a clean game and minimal mistakes, this should be a good one.

OLDSCHOOL82

TurfToe

StevenGlen

Two good team in what I believe will be the game to decide the conference champion, or at least the 1 seed to the playoffs.  Ozark is coming off their best played game of the season against Pottsville.  That is not my thoughts, that is what folks in the press box at Ozark were saying.  Dardanelle has played consistently well the entire season.  Still, even on the road I actually believe Ozark wins 28-21 in a back and forth game decided late in the fourth quarter. 
Just remember, with my opinion and a dollar bill you can buy a Coke from vending machines all over the State. 

Steve

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: StevenGlen on October 26, 2016, 08:31:51 am
Two good team in what I believe will be the game to decide the conference champion, or at least the 1 seed to the playoffs.  Ozark is coming off their best played game of the season against Pottsville.  That is not my thoughts, that is what folks in the press box at Ozark were saying.  Dardanelle has played consistently well the entire season.  Still, even on the road I actually believe Ozark wins 28-21 in a back and forth game decided late in the fourth quarter. 
Just remember, with my opinion and a dollar bill you can buy a Coke from vending machines all over the State. 

Steve

I don't know man, at some places those Cokes cost more than a dollar.  :)

Gray lizard

I think Dardanelle wins this game, but at this point nothing would surprise me.  I would have never thought Ozark would lay 62 on Pottsville.  Considering Pottsville beat Booneville and played Dardanelle well.  May just be a sign that Pottsville is all over the place from game to game and does not travel at all.

Lizard 47

I don't believe Ozark can score 28 on our defense at our house. Ask Booneville how easy it is to score here. Lizards take care of business this Friday night

Lizard 47

x14113

Quote from: Lizard 47 on October 26, 2016, 08:25:58 pm
What? No retort? Really?

K, I'll give one.

We won't need to score 28 points at your house, if our Hit Squad is as good as they've looked for most of the season.

Expect a quick, low-scoring slobberknocker on Friday night! May both teams be ready.

Lizard 47

Lizard 47

Oh yeah, booneville just called, they said they weren't impressed with your hit squad

x14113

Ah, good to see the Bearcats are still in good spirits after last week.

Send back my regards.  ;D

Lizard 47

I doubt it, they didn't look none too happy when they left

ChucktownTiger

No question after seeing both of these teams at Alumni Field, Dardy has the more physical team and ive heard they have only improved since then. So I'm going with the Sand Lizards  in this one over our neighbors to the North. Sand Lizards by 6

Lizard 47

Thanks chucktown, sorry we fumbled in the 4th quarter. It was just about to get interesting......

ChucktownTiger

Quote from: Lizard 47 on October 26, 2016, 11:50:42 pm
Thanks chucktown, sorry we fumbled in the 4th quarter. It was just about to get interesting......

You did yourself a favor. Our D was just getting primed up. =)
No question you guys are the most physical team we've played and have the size to go along with it. Until this last week we haven't even come close to playing anyone as physical.

Lizard 47

Yeah I knew Atkins was gonna be much improved this year. Looks like y'all took care of business though

Lizard 47

And by the way, our o-line told me your d-line was puking on the field. Is that a priming tactic?

OLDSCHOOL82

Dardy will win the line of scrimmage which in turn equals a victory for the lizards. 

Lizard 47

Big strong line, tough defense, extremely physical. Very difficult to overcome all that

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

I think Dardanelle by 12, but Ozark proved last week that they can play hard. But it depends on which Ozark team shows up.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Lizard 47 on October 27, 2016, 09:01:54 am
Big strong line, tough defense, extremely physical. Very difficult to overcome all that

They key this year is the strength of the TNT's of dardy compared to everyone else.  More specifically, the ability of Brown and having to game plan around him or consistently double.  Without that, the rest is weak. 

Gray lizard

You are correct about the young man.  I have seen him block many of defenders to the ground and blow though many big O lineman. He must be accounted for or he will be in your backfield very quick.  Not many teams can keep him out for long even with double team blocking.

TurfToe

I guess I will venture down to the Jr High game tonight as well. 8-0 vs 8-0....probably gonna be a good battle there as well.

From the sounds of things, it will be interesting to see how Ozark handles this Brown kid on Friday night. From what I have seen, read, and heard, it sounds like both teams should match up nicely. Could come down to experienced starters and turnovers for the deciding factor.

No matter the outcome this week, I think these 2 teams will battle fiercely for the next few years.

nastynice

Only way Ozark wins this game is if Dardy has some kinda hangover from last week and turns the ball over 2-3 times. Or maybe an early injury. Other than that, Dardy wins by 21.

Lizard 47

Browns not the only one with multiple pancake blocks, he's just the best one. We have 2 tackles about his size, the left one is extremely physical and continues way downfield. We are proud of our line they are getting it done every week

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Lizard 47 on October 27, 2016, 10:31:29 am
Browns not the only one with multiple pancake blocks, he's just the best one. We have 2 tackles about his size, the left one is extremely physical and continues way downfield. We are proud of our line they are getting it done every week

I agree.  Dardy has 2 good linemen.  The other is just big.  But, take what I will call the "Brown Factor" out of the equation, and it all breaks down. 

Negan4Life91

Just wanted to start by saying that x14113 is the worst kinda fan. He screams and shouts and annoys people at the hillbillies games every Friday yet he gets on here under his quote Halloween costume unquote and trashes us be true to us or leave. And when it comes to dardy you're not invincible not even close! And if its going to take turnovers to beat y'all then you might as well stay home because we average three turnovers a game on defense and our starting  D has only given up 19 points in conference this year I think we will be just fine. Oh and trust me we aren't underestimating y'all we know you can beat us we know you're good theirs no denying that heck y'all might be the best but you are not unbeatable so on that note we will see ya Friday ;).
Ozark 24
Daddy 14
Oh and our junior high will win tonight as well lol.

Sigmund Sauer

October 27, 2016, 01:28:00 pm #30 Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 06:49:45 pm by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: Negan4Life91 on October 27, 2016, 01:23:39 pm
Just wanted to start by saying that x14113 is the worst kinda fan. He screams and shouts and annoys people at the hillbillies games every Friday yet he gets on here under his quote Halloween costume unquote and trashes us be true to us or leave. And when it comes to dardy you're not invincible not even close! And if its going to take turnovers to beat y'all then you might as well stay home because we average three turnovers a game on defense and our starting  D has only given up 19 points in conference this year I think we will be just fine. Oh and trust me we aren't underestimating y'all we know you can beat us we know you're good theirs no denying that heck y'all might be the best but you are not unbeatable so on that note we will see ya Friday ;).
Ozark 24
Daddy 14
He gives honest assessments of football. Why are you trolling the forum for one person?

Gray lizard

Ozark 24
Daddy 14

You might as well come out and say what you are thinking don't hold it back. :'(

Lacerta agilis

Ozark 24
Daddy 14
If your in English class, put the freaking phone up and pay attention. You need lots of work in this area before graduation.

PrivateLesson

Man, What's with all the dislike for the poor little sand lizards and X?? 

OLDSCHOOL82

Ozark 24
Daddy 14

Sounds like we are all getting along.  TWD got you all pumped up about your username.

Negan4Life91

I didn't mean any offense I just hate getting on here and seeing people say that this game will be a cake walk because we are Ozark lol I mean really? We sucked the last three years I agree full heartedly but we are not that team our record should show that! I respect Dardanelle to the fullest they are a good team A VERY GOOD TEAM I just believe we can beat them this time either way its going to be a good game probably might be the game of the year in 4A (hold me to that) but the x14113 guy is starting to ruffle some feathers here in ole Ozark. And maybe because I can Sigmund!

Lizard 47

Wow, what a rant. Nobody said that we're invincible. We're not but we're better and we're gonna win this game. I've seen the Ozark/Waldron and Ozark/Pottsville games. Ozark is a good team but they will not match up like that against a very physical Dardy team

PrivateLesson

Sigmund Sauer

October 27, 2016, 01:43:03 pm #38 Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 06:50:38 pm by Sigmund Sauer

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Lizard 47 on October 27, 2016, 01:42:19 pm
Wow, what a rant. Nobody said that we're invincible. We're not but we're better and we're gonna win this game. I've seen the Ozark/Waldron and Ozark/Pottsville games. Ozark is a good team but they will not match up like that against a very physical Dardy team
Worried about Waldron, ehh??  :)

Sigmund Sauer

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on October 27, 2016, 01:45:25 pm
So, I'm up to one now!!!!
You are moving up in this Fearless Friday Chain Gang! lol! 😂😂😂  :)

Sigmund Sauer

October 27, 2016, 01:50:10 pm #42 Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 07:32:18 pm by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 27, 2016, 01:47:27 pm
You are moving up in this Fearless Friday Chain Gang! lol! 😂😂😂  :)

Lizard 47

PrivateLesson

Well....that's what Pottsville thought and look where that got them.... :)

Negan4Life91

We have a tendency to start slow hence booneville , waldron, and west fork but then I also seen how dangerous we can be when we start fast hence pottsville! And y'all may not have but trust me I have heard it time and time again! I mean will it actually take us beating dardanelle to get respect? And idk what happened in the boonevile game we just played our worst game of the entire season that night but yes I honestly mean no disrespect dardanelle is beast.

Lizard 47

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 27, 2016, 01:53:23 pm
Well....that's what Pottsville thought and look where that got them.... :)
in about another 32 hrs we'll start thinking about Waldron. We got some business to tend to first. But don't worry, you'll get your turn.......

nastynice

Ozark 24
Daddy 14
Son, x14113 has forgot more about football than you'll ever know. He keeps it real and doesn't have a false idea of where his team sets. Now go study your play sheet and don't get in #63's way or he'll twist your head off and spit down your windpipe!

Negan4Life91

I'm like four years older than x ask ur mom and I'd slap #63 just for looking at me wrong.

HeberFan

Quote from: Lizard 47 on October 27, 2016, 01:51:15 pm
Not even a thought

Waldron has more to be proud of this year than Ozark and Dardanelle put together. Those kids, especially the seniors, have fought through years of winless seasons but kept coming back to practice and hitting the weights.  That takes character like you seldom see these days.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas