• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-1 Week 9 Matchups and Playoff Talk

Started by Tiger4Life2015, October 25, 2016, 12:33:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger4Life2015

Gravette @ Shiloh - Shiloh by 21+, Shiloh is by far the more superior team in this one and will beat them as much as they please. Get ready for next weeks big matchup with Pea Ridge at the Ridge!

Berryville @ PG - PG by 21+, they are just way to much to handle for the entire conference especially the bottom half of the conference. This was a competitive game the first qtr and a half last year before PG ran away with it. PG seals the #1 seed in the conference with this win and will march their way into the playoffs a serious favorite to make it to the semis.

Lincoln @ Gentry - Gentry by 8, Gentry has went back to more of a spread type offense and Lincoln is feeling their last 2 games. Faulkenberry will be too much to handle for Lincoln and is wishing they went to the spread offense sooner rather than later. He pretty much scored 28 pts on PG last week by himself with several scrambles turning into 20+ yarders. If he can do that on PG, he will for sure torch Lincoln plus it's their Senior Night, and they are looking to play playoff spoiler for the Wolves this year while finishing on a high note for their first year Coach.

Pea Ridge @ Huntsville - Pea Ridge by 20, Huntsville will give the Ridge all they want the first half of this one before the speed of Pea Ridge gets the best of the Eagles in the 2nd half and they run away with this one as they get ready to defend their home turf the last week of the season for a shot at conference runner-up.

Playoff talk- The #1 seed is clearly Prairie Grove, 2 and 3 seed will be decided next week at Pea Ridge when Shiloh comes to town. The question is will they play for conference runner-up and tougher side of the playoff bracket or try to throw this game to take the easier 3 seed route away from Nashville... Hope they show enough respect for the game and for their kids to not try and throw a game, but we shall see. The 4 seed is all but sealed up for the Gravette Lions. The 5 seed is the only spot that is open in my opinion going into possibly the final week with our 5 seed looking at Gosnell who is undefeated from Region 4. If Gentry beats Lincoln and Berryville beats Huntsville we are looking at a tie between those 2 teams with the advantage in favor of Berryville because of head to head matchups.

dukes424

Not so sure to be honest if PG will be the favorites to the semis.High probability they will either get Ashdown or Robinson in the third round. That is gonna be a good one. Good thing for PG to have home field though.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: dukes424 on October 25, 2016, 02:39:50 pm
Not so sure to be honest if PG will be the favorites to the semis.High probability they will either get Ashdown or Robinson in the third round. That is gonna be a good one. Good thing for PG to have home field though.

That home field advantage would probably make them the favorites on paper. They play well at home no doubt about it.

Tiger4Life2015

I agree. Home field will definitely help them. Correction on Gentry, their Coach is in his 2nd year. I still think they are a favorite to make semis, not saying they won't get beat by a Robinson or someone else, but they are still the favorite.

prHOG13

Good thoughts and I agree with you on the Pea Ridge/Shiloh matchup. You can't play scared and lose a game on purpose just to have the potential to win 1-2 more games in the playoffs. The goal is to get better and to win football games, regardless of the opponent. Pea Ridge played Nashville last year and they were absolutely shellshocked walking in to that stadium and that environment. They've played the best that there is in 4A and got their butts whipped, but it was a good learning experience for a young team. They've also played some very good teams outside of the 4a-1 and won.

I think and hope Pea Ridge tries to continue the winning streak over Shiloh and continue building toward being a state title contender. Pick your poison and show up and play ball. PR was big underdogs against a loaded Robinson team last year and came out on top. Nashville is an animal that will take a perfect storm to beat, but you can't hide from it.

~WPS~

The 2 seed from 1-4A better worry about beating the 5 from 7-4A in the 1st round before they worry about Nashville.

dukes424

Agreed and Nashville better come out serious every game to play or anything can happen in the playoffs.

~WPS~

Nashville has their hands full this week with Malvern. It looks like Malvern will be the 5 seed. I really don't care to play them twice.

Tigerdad2

Quote from: dukes424 on October 25, 2016, 02:39:50 pm
PG will win if they play Robinson or Ashdown.  PG has proven to be more physical than both of those team.  It will be cold and PG will block and tackle

prHOG13

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on October 27, 2016, 01:44:06 pm
PG will win if they play Robinson or Ashdown.  PG has proven to be more physical than both of those team.  It will be cold and PG will block and tackle
Both Ashdown and Robinson are very physical teams themselves. Montaric Brown of Ashdown will take your head off.

I think it would be a great game and I would love to watch

~WPS~

Quote from: Tigerdad2 on October 27, 2016, 01:44:06 pm
I don't disagree with you, but Ashdown and Robinson are better than past years.

Tiger4Life2015

PG will be by far the more physical team and at home. Will PG have enough speed to contain those teams is the question, which I think they got just enough to do that with Disney and the gang.

Coach Steve

Lions over Saints by 4
PG by 51
Gentry by 20
Ridge by 14

Youknowwhothisis

im gonna be honest that i would pick Robinson to beat Prairie Grove

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas