• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2-4A Week 9

Started by SUGARTOWN, October 24, 2016, 08:21:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

October 24, 2016, 08:21:02 am Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 06:01:47 am by SUGARTOWN
It's week 9 and Heber Springs no longer has sole possession of first place although they do still have the #1 seed at this point. The playoff teams are set but no seeds are locked in place, we still have a big 2 weeks left of games.

CAC @ Baptist Prep---No problems for CAC here, they win handily.

Southside @ HWH---SS is coming off the biggest win in school history and going on the road to a tough place to play. HWH is coming off of a loss, will they bounce back and will SS suffer a let down? I think HWH squeaks out a win.

Heber Springs @ Riverview---Heber should get a nice bounce back win here setting up a big road game at HWH in week 10 as they try to lock up the #1 seed.

Lonoke @ Stuttgart---Big win for the Birds last week, it's been way too long since they've beaten Lonoke, I think they get it done at home this week.

Heberpanthers

The Heber West Helena game is at Heber

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Heberpanthers on October 24, 2016, 11:38:28 am
The Heber West Helena game is at Heber

Ok thanks. They have it listed wrong on here then, that's what I was going by.

cuckoobird

Heber loses again in one of their next two games and the birds take a week off first round of playoffs

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 24, 2016, 12:42:30 pm
Heber loses again in one of their next two games and the birds take a week off first round of playoffs

I thought they might lose AT Helena, but if that game is at Heber then I'm not so sure. Still should be a good game though.

Little Bear

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 24, 2016, 12:42:30 pm
Wrong   Stuttgart still has to go to CAC.    Unless you are assuming they will win that game? 

cuckoobird

SouthernerPride

Anyone know anything ab HWH?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: SouthernerPride on October 24, 2016, 09:20:49 pm
Anyone know anything ab HWH?

Biggest lines you'll see all year, fast defense that will hit you, decent RB's. Their weakness is their QB, or at least he was last Friday, he was overthrowing the WRs all night. Maybe he just had a bad game, but it wasn't a good performance. If he's accurate they will be tough to beat.

I believe penalties have been a problem for them as well this year.

Kanndie39

Baptist CAC game is at Baptist

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Kanndie39 on October 25, 2016, 12:33:13 am

I have corrected it, but does it really matter?

SUGARTOWN

Not sure if there's any Lonoke fans on here anymore, but there will be tailgating allowed INSIDE Mosley Stadium this Friday prior to the game. Proceeds go to the Ricebird Booster club, I can hook you with the people you need to contact about reserving a spot. Message me if interested.

RoadWarrior

SS/Helena and Stuttgart/Lonoke will be big games this week with playoff seedings at stake. Helena will trying to right the ship after a seemingly disastrous game offensively against Stuttgart last week. SS looks like its the hottest team in the conference right now and the will be fired up going into the playoffs. Will they come out firing at Helena or will Helena impose their size and physicality on them....We shall soon see.

As far as Stuttgart/Lonoke goes; you can throw out all the records when these two meet. This rivalry has been going on quite some time now and its always been a good game no matter what sport. Stuttgart is coming off a good win vs Helena despite not playing at their best. Lonoke has had some tough breaks this year with coaches and injuries but seem to still come out and be fired up each game. I think this game could have the potential to be a really good one. 

HeberFan

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 24, 2016, 08:21:02 am
It's week 9 and Heber Springs no longer has sole possession of first place although they do still have the #1 seed at this point. The playoff teams are set but no seeds are locked in place, we still have a big 2 weeks left of games.

CAC @ Baptist Prep---No problems for CAC here, they win handily.

Southside @ HWH---SS is coming off the biggest win in school history and going on the road to a tough place to play. HWH is coming off of a loss, will they bounce back and will SS suffer a let down? I think HWH squeaks out a win.

Heber Springs @ Riverview---Heber should get a nice bounce back win here setting up a big road game at HWH in week 10 as they try to lock up the #1 seed.

Lonoke @ Stuttgart---Big win for the Birds last week, it's been way too long since they've beaten Lonoke, I think they get it done at home this week.

CAC should handle Baptist Prep, but you gotta hand it to Prep. They only have 22 players this year and will give a team all they want in the first half. Prep has a good inside running game that eats up clock. As long as the game is close they are dangerous.

Southside played great last week beating Heber, and, the Southerners are now a two quarterback team. Joshy Football is good but he doesn't make the team. However, I think they come out flat this week. That, along with the long bus ride, gives HWH the win and the momentum they'll need coming into the season finale against Heber.

Heber looks to get back on track at Riverview, but, better not be looking ahead. Riverview had three touchdowns called back last week in a close win. The Panthers have always had good luck playing on the grass at Searcy. Will it continue? I'll give a closer-than-expected win to Heber.

Lonoke at Stuttgart? Past great games aside, Lonoke just doesn't have the horses this year. It took the Birds half a season to gel, but, now they're a good team. Stuttgart takes this by at least two scores.

HeberFan

Quote from: Kanndie39 on October 25, 2016, 12:33:13 am

Doesn't really matter. The schools are close together, and, CAC has a tendency to underperform at home. 

Jacketman65

Might be the first ricecake rabbit humping since 2011 if I'm not mistaken!  They may finally finish the job this year. IMO HA

Rabhog

Maybe Lonoke can win on goal line again

Rabbittrax

Lonoke gonna have to play good complete game to compete. Starting qb out for year & others injured still. Next man up gotta step up & play ball

cuckoobird

I think someone loses a beard finally

SUGARTOWN

cuckoobird

I won't recognize him if it happens. Been way too long

SUGARTOWN

Stuttgart- Lonoke audio only: www.country973.com or Country 97.3 FM, also on mobile app

razorhogs72501

Southside wins again 35-26 @ Helena. Led at one time 35-12.

cuckoobird

What's the heber score?

razorhogs72501

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas