• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-4A Pickum week 9 and leaders

Started by Gray lizard, October 24, 2016, 07:55:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

3 Dollar                             67
Airitout21                          59
Elvis26                              54
Fred Bird                           50
Rskyb33                            50
The Coach                         47
Devils                               45
Lumberjackfan1978           44
Sapper6                            42
Nastynice                          41
X14113                             40
Danvillegrad77                   36
Piratepride03                     34
Horsefeather                     23
Purpleandgoldbearcat82     21
Young-gun                        13
The Green Moose               10
CrossetteEagle14                7
Lizard1984                         2

This weeks games.  Bonus game Ozark @ Dardanelle.  Double point if correct pick 5 points if within 3 and double if exact.

Ozark @ Dardanelle
Boonville @ West Fork
Waldron @ Dover
Pottsville @ Subiaco

Good Luck!

PiratePride03

Dardanelle by 14
Booneville by 42
Dover by 14
Pottsville by 35

The Coach

October 24, 2016, 08:11:23 am #2 Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 12:59:07 pm by The Coach
Dard by 14
Booneville by 36
Dover by 6
Pottsville by 37

PrivateLesson

I know many are going to pick Dover to beat Waldron, more or less due to the fact they defeated Dardanelle BUT I want to say, I am super excited to see that Waldron has improved enough to even be in the FB picture. 

I can't wait to hear what the Bulldogs do next year.  They have far exceeded many people's expectations this year.

#GoDogs    Waldron by a field goal....they have a kid that can make it from the 45 with room to spare. 

3 Dollar

Ozark @ Dardanelle (24)
Booneville (41) @ West Fork
Waldron @ Dover (2)
Pottsville (33) @ Subiaco

Devils

Dardanelle +9
Booneville +38
Waldron +3
Pottsville +42

AirItOut21

Dardanelle (14)
Boonville (35)
Dover (13)
Pottsville (35)

elvis26

;D dar by 14
     boon by 35
        dov by 14
        potts by 31

Lumberjackfan1978

Dardanelle by21
Boonville by 40
Dover by 3
Pottsville by 32

young_gun

Dardanelle by 10
Booneville by 35
Waldron by 1
Pottsville by 32

WPWells

Dardanelle by 21
Booneville by 35
Dover by 14
Pottsville by 42

Sapper6

Dardanelle by 20
Boonville by 35
Dover by 6
Pottsville by 41

x14113

So much for desert mojo...pretty hard to keep up if you keep picking .500.

Time to play it safe, I guess...

Ozark @ Dardanelle ( 8 )
The highest-scoring team in the conference hosts the side with the fewest points allowed in all of Class 4A for a share of the title and the inside track for the top seed. The Lizards have looked dominant at home this season, but it took last week's win over Booneville to give it any substance. Even then, Dardy was held to its lowest point total of the season, which doesn't bode well prepping for a defense whose starters have allowed all of three touchdowns over the course of conference play. The key to this game will once again lie in the play of the Hillbilly offense: After facing some obvious struggles early on, they predictably had their way with the cellar teams before smashing shockwaves through the conference by hanging 62 on Pottsville. It will be up to Caden Brown and his fellow linemen to try and relegate that to a mere flash in the pan.

Waldron @ Dover (6)
You could argue that this is an even bigger game, mainly because the outcome has the most impact on the playoff picture. The Pirates took their frustrations from the previous two games out on West Fork last week, but they'll need to make sure to have the fuel to keep it going. The Bulldogs are elated to be in position to clinch a berth after four years of futility, but they'll need to take care not to compare scores in preparing for this one. Dover must win this game if they are to continue their playoff streak; otherwise, they would have to rely on an unlikely outcome to even get a chance.

Booneville (35) @ West Fork
It was a valiant effort, but the Bearcats finally faded late against Dardy. The good news is that they can use the final two weeks to work on the kinks and prep for a playoff push. The bad news is that they cannot control their own seeding: There is still an outside shot for the top seed (they and Dover would have to win out, while Ozark beats Dardy), but they could also fall into the 3rd seed just as easily, all while they win out. In the end, I'd imagine Booneville isn't too concerned with what Week 11 may hold: It'll just take care of business and let the pieces fall where they may.

Pottsville (29) @ Subiaco
Ozark finally brought to light what seemed to lurk around the Apaches all season: The defense has not been up to the task. Allowing no fewer than 19 points in a game is a concern. Allowing over 30 in a game thrice is a warning. Allowing opposing reserves to answer your scores both times is an utter red flag! On the bright side, the next two weeks can help lower said flag. Even if it wins out, however, there is an outside shot for Pottsville to miss the playoffs outright.

Lacerta agilis

As always, a good breakdown x14113. I'm surprised (just a little) you didn't go with the Hillbillies, but you don't go the homer route on your picks. Curious, what's your take on the JR High showdown? 

Danvillegrad77

DARD +13
BOONE +45
DOVER +8
POTTS +35

Negan4Life91

Ozark by 7
Booneville by 35
Waldron by 3
Pottsville haha by 28

x14113

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on October 27, 2016, 12:35:34 pm
Curious, what's your take on the JR High showdown?

Looks to be a very even matchup on paper. The final scores against common opponents are eerily similar.

Very unusual that the same two programs will vie for a conference title in different tiers of play in the same weekend...!

Lizard 47

Quote from: x14113 on October 27, 2016, 02:08:15 pm
Looks to be a very even matchup on paper. The final scores against common opponents are eerily similar.

Very unusual that the same two programs will vie for a conference title in different tiers of play in the same weekend...!
I guess it aint going away soon then

rskyb33

Ozark @ Dardanelle     Ozark by 7
Boonville @ West Fork  Booneville by 35
Waldron @ Dover         Dover by 17
Pottsville @ Subiaco      Pottsville by 42

nastynice

Dardy 21
Booneville 28
Dover 21
Pottsville 35

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas