• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pocahontas @ highland let's get it started

Started by Redskin2015, October 22, 2016, 01:28:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Oughta be close

Pocahontas
19 (79.2%)
Highland
5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: October 30, 2016, 01:31:35 pm

Redskin2015

What're your thoughts looks like a matchup of two stud running backs in this one always has been a good game between these two

Pokey03

Big rival game. Always enjoy playing the Rebels will be a great atmosphere. Hard to predict a rival game on the road, although I think Highland will play the Skins tough. I think the Skins will rebound after a tough loss to Gosnell.

TBone70

Yeah, a good rival. Will be a good game to watch. Will decide the playoff bracket seeds. Since it got messed up last night. But looking forward to this one all year.

Redskin2015

Has highland upgraded their away seating yet usually not enough room

highlandfan70

Highland I do not believe their seating has been updated.

TBone70

October 22, 2016, 06:09:14 pm #5 Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 06:11:07 pm by TBone70
Seating the same, actually our stand's are twice the size of Pokey's. Bad thing is the location is not centered on the 50 Due to the fact if the stands were longer going south they would of been in left field of our baseball field.

Redskin2015

Thanks for the information Pocahontas should have a visitor seating upgrade coming soon I imagine

TBone70

Quote from: Redskin2015 on October 22, 2016, 06:19:01 pm
Thanks for the information Pocahontas should have a visitor seating upgrade coming soon I imagine
We should soon I hope. We no longer use that baseball field.

Redskin2015

Maybe put a dome over the field too gets pretty windy up there ;D

TBone70

October 22, 2016, 06:37:32 pm #9 Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 06:40:32 pm by TBone70
Yeah, not yet. Bad thing I've noticed and so will you. Our concession stand is located on our southeast side of the field and the smoke from the hamburger grill blows across field and right into visitor stands. I guess a good marketing strategy to make you come buy some. Lol but back to football. We are both 4-1 in conference and both have a lose to Gosnell. If they win out they have won the conference. So this most likey will be for second seed for who ever wins friday. I really think you guys have a better team but its at Highland and in this game anything can happen, as you guys know.

Redskin2015

Pokey03

Quote from: Redskin2015 on October 22, 2016, 06:19:01 pm
Visiting side from our view at Schoonover looks scary, and ghostly I'd be afraid to sit over there never know what's lurking in the woods behind you.

TBone70

Quote from: Pokey03 on October 22, 2016, 08:30:34 pm
Visiting side from our view at Schoonover looks scary, and ghostly I'd be afraid to sit over there never know what's lurking in the woods behind you.
It ain't that bad, at least I can see that clown coming, you got a practice field between the stands and the woods. You can tell Halloween is close with these comments.

bigchief72455

That field back there usually just has little kids playing football on it during the game. Their games are sometimes pretty good. Lol.

Pokey03

October 23, 2016, 12:09:57 am #14 Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 12:12:39 am by Pokey03
Quote from: Redskin2015 on October 22, 2016, 07:06:41 pm
I'll take pokey 32-20 should be exciting

Pokey03

Quote from: TBone70 on October 22, 2016, 06:37:32 pm
Yeah, not yet. Bad thing I've noticed and so will you. Our concession stand is located on our southeast side of the field and the smoke from the hamburger grill blows across field and right into visitor stands. I guess a good marketing strategy to make you come buy some. Lol but back to football. We are both 4-1 in conference and both have a lose to Gosnell. If they win out they have won the conference. So this most likey will be for second seed for who ever wins friday. I really think you guys have a better team but its at Highland and in this game anything can happen, as you guys know.
Depends....does Highland plan on wearing their lucky black alternate jerseys from 2014? 😃

Ghs21

Should be a good game I'll take pokey though by 3 touchdowns , highland and Truman will play for 3rd

Nomad1324

Pocahontas better not let last week beat them again.

I've got the Skins, but who knows in a rivalry game.

Lumberjackfan1978

BIGRED15

highland has a very good receiver in gurley as long as he gets a big enough helmet for this week and pokey has a weak secondary but.. dont let the fool you will be pokey game with our hungry powerhouse bark chewing up the line      pokey by 12

TBone70

Quote from: Pokey03 on October 23, 2016, 12:15:00 am
Depends....does Highland plan on wearing their lucky black alternate jerseys from 2014? 😃
I hope they do, We won that game. I hope this game will be a full game, Last year was a great first half and close, it was anybody's game until you guys came out the second half and whooped our butt. I honestly think last years team was your best team in a long time and had a chance to win it all until the QB issues. It seamed like you guys had a well oiled machine that was on a roll and nothing was going to stop you. Its going to be a good game and I like this foe. If Booth our teams sucked and bottom of the conference, this would be the only game that mattered to these boys. Good Rivalry. 

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Last year was our year, until Coates got in trouble and was suspended against Star City. I was surprised at how good Oreweiler was in his first ever start. But this year has been almost confusing in the conference to me. Next year will be a down year for the regulars I feel, which could slip up Trumann or Westside (my biggest surprise so far)

bigchief72455

Quote from: PokeyRedskinStudentScout on October 26, 2016, 11:06:21 am
Last year was our year, until Coates got in trouble and was suspended against Star City. I was surprised at how good Oreweiler was in his first ever start. But this year has been almost confusing in the conference to me. Next year will be a down year for the regulars I feel, which could slip up Trumann or Westside (my biggest surprise so far)
Who knows. I have seen teams that did not have near the talent play in the state title game. Crazier things have happened.

bulldoghistorian

Pokey was the real deal last year!! They were as good as advertised when we played them in the second round! That was one of the most exciting finishes to a Star City game I've seen in years!!!

bigchief72455

They are back in the hunt this year. The junior high group coming up is just as good.

BIGRED15

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 26, 2016, 12:28:35 pm
They are back in the hunt this year. The junior high group coming up is just as good.
better

TBone70

Here we go boys, just about game time. Good luck and Go Rebels.

bigchief72455

Let's go Skins. Finish this season out strong. Rebels,The Nation is Coming.

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

Rebels aren´t man enough to show up in the jungle, so we bring the jungle to Rebel country. You will see the biggest away crowd you´ve probably ever seen. And, by the way, I like to get loud, so you´ll definitely hear me tonight (crazy band kid)

Redskin2015

Pokey 39 highland 20 got some very good jr. High champs that got moved up

TBone70

Redskin2015

Pokey 21 highland 6 at half great performances by both bands

TBone70

Good game guys, hope Sorg is ok. Good luck rest of year.

OnlyTheBench

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

skins68

Quote from: TBone70 on October 28, 2016, 09:34:41 pm
Good game guys, hope Sorg is ok. Good luck rest of year.
+2 good luck to highland also! A lot of sportsmanship on both sides last night! Rolled his ankle, should be fine! Thanks for asking T-bone!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas