• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ashdown @ Joe T Robinson Week 9 7-4A 2 Seed

Started by RyanLR, October 21, 2016, 11:26:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanLR

October 21, 2016, 11:26:18 pm Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 11:40:53 pm by RyanLR
Robinson has never beaten Ashdown (0-4). This is for the outright 2 seed in the 4-A playoffs. Ashdown has a lot of good athletes. I'm expecting a dog fight.

LJ06

Quote from: RyanLR on October 21, 2016, 11:26:18 pm
Robinson has never beaten Ashdown (0-4). This is for the outright 2 seed in the 4-A playoffs. Ashdown has a lot of good athletes somIm expecting a dog fight.

Robinson takes this one

~WPS~

This should be a very good game. Great matchup of skill players.

polksalet

RyanLR

I'm gonna be at the game so I'll be posting on the score thread

panthers fan

Should be a great game. I think Ashdown takes it in a close one.

HBG PRIDE

~WPS~

This game will depend on which Ashdown team shows up. It's tough for them to get up for two big games in a year.

Top Shelf

Metal detectors at the gate- 48
Metal detectors needed at the gate- 21

MasterChef

I'm confused as to which team needs metal detectors at the gate and which team has metal detectors at the gate...

hogdiggity

Quote from: MasterChef on October 24, 2016, 02:02:41 pm
I'm confused as to which team needs metal detectors at the gate and which team has metal detectors at the gate...

Robinson always has metal detectors, Ashdown only has them when playing Nashville.

OLDSCHOOL82

This should be a great game to be a spectator!

RyanLR

Quote from: hogdiggity on October 24, 2016, 02:17:03 pm
Robinson always has metal detectors, Ashdown only has them when playing Nashville.
Yeah we would enjoy it if you would go ahead and NOT bring your firearm into the game.

hogdiggity

Quote from: RyanLR on October 24, 2016, 03:22:25 pm
Yeah we would enjoy it if you would go ahead and NOT bring your firearm into the game.

I agree.  I guess it is just the difference in small town Arkansas and metro LR.  I don't think there is anything wrong with it, just the only place I go regularly that has metal detectors.  The only other place I can think of I went to that had them was Dollarway.  The main reason, I think, they were at our Nashville game was there has been some treats in the last year from one particular person from Nashville.  The guy is a bit unstable.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: hogdiggity on October 24, 2016, 03:35:30 pm
I agree.  I guess it is just the difference in small town Arkansas and metro LR.  I don't think there is anything wrong with it, just the only place I go regularly that has metal detectors.  The only other place I can think of I went to that had them was Dollarway.  The main reason, I think, they were at our Nashville game was there has been some treats in the last year from one particular person from Nashville.  The guy is a bit unstable.

I think it's policy for all LR schools, it's not just Robinson.

hogdiggity

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 24, 2016, 03:49:35 pm
I think it's policy for all LR schools, it's not just Robinson.

I would think so

HBG PRIDE

Look A Here

Would think this should be the game of the week with all the talent on the field. Interested to see how the Brown kid from Ashdown matches up against Jackson from Robinson, then what happens with Page on the other side of the field vs. Ashdown's other College kid...Ashdown's QB vs Robinson's QB I think this could be a track meet.  Ashdown 42 Robinson 41

Top Shelf

A lot of people are comparing scores when each played Nashville.  The big difference between the 2 games was the 3 onside kick recoveries by Ashdown.  That was 3 times Ashdown scored and 3 times Nashville didn't.  If JTR recovers when Ashdown onside kicks, JTR wins by 27..
Skill guys are a wash in this game, JTR lines are superior and will be the difference in this one.

has a private school feel- 48
has an inner city school feel- 21

Carmine Scarpaglia

Carmine Scarpaglia

Look A Here

October 26, 2016, 10:09:48 am #21 Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 10:26:47 am by Look A Here
Keep hoping to see some new post about this.  I guess the posters for each schools are nervous.  Question to Robinson people, how big are home crowds?  Thinking about watching this game, heard both teams are loaded with talent and possibly 3-4 future Razorbacks playing and a few others that will be division 1 football players, so really wanting to check it out in person

eaglefan200

Having seen both of these teams play this season, I would have to go with Robinson in this one. Both teams have great skill players, however Robinson's are just a bit bigger and more athletic. Robinson has a much better line than Ashdown, and that will be the difference in the game.

Final Score: Robinson 48, Ashdown 28

Top Shelf

Quote from: eaglefan200 on October 26, 2016, 10:16:17 am
Having seen both of these teams play this season, I would have to go with Robinson in this one. Both teams have great skill players, however Robinson's are just a bit bigger and more athletic. Robinson has a much better line than Ashdown, and that will be the difference in the game.

Final Score: Robinson 48, Ashdown 28
why didn't you just copy & paste?

Maynard G Krebs

October 26, 2016, 11:02:26 am #24 Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 11:04:19 am by Maynard G Krebs
Impressed with the game Ashdown gave Nashville, but not seen them play.  Don't think they have the same number of marquee players of Joe T and it being a home game for the Senators, I'll take Joe T by three TDs. 

STUNNA

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 26, 2016, 11:02:26 am
Impressed with the game Ashdown gave Nashville, but not seen them play.  Don't think they have the same number of marquee players of Joe T and it being a home game for the Senators, I'll take Joe T by three TDs.

lol... Ashdown might have the most college athletes on a team in 4A

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: STUNNA on October 26, 2016, 03:00:44 pm

Ok. Joe T by 2 TDs

scrapman

Quote from: STUNNA on October 26, 2016, 03:00:44 pm
In the state

polksalet

Burks

This game will come down to which team win the Battle in the Trenches. Ashdown skill people WILL matchup with Joe T's. In my opinion Ashdwon has the BEST secondary in the State regardless of the classification. Panthers by 6

THE D.O.C

Quote from: Burks on October 27, 2016, 02:57:05 pm
This game will come down to which team win the Battle in the Trenches. Ashdown skill people WILL matchup with Joe T's. In my opinion Ashdwon has the BEST secondary in the State regardless of the classification. Panthers by 6
I agree with secondary but I can't see them matching up with those big offensive linemen. Ashdown rely on quickness but Robinson is big and quick.

~WPS~

Ashdown will be able to throw on Robinson's secondary. Robinson will be able to run on Ashdown's front 7.

Robinson onside kicks and goes for 2 frequently, I think those two things make the difference in the game, one way or the other.

RyanLR

Well I expected a close game but Robinson rolled 42-7 in a game that was never in doubt. Defensively the Senators held the Panthers to less than 200 yards of total offense and forced two interceptions.

~WPS~

Welp Ashdown still can't show up for more than 1 game a year.

sportsguy80

Well I guess we can end that "best secondary in the state" talk...

MasterChef

RyanLR

October 29, 2016, 05:47:53 am #37 Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 05:52:15 am by RyanLR
During the game one of the weirdest calls I've ever heard was made. Myles Fells took a handoff inside the 5 yard line, a defender dove at him and he jumped OVER the defender into the end zone for a would be touchdown. A flag was thrown and the ref said "Personal Foul Hurdling 15 yard penalty". Has anybody ever heard of a personal foul for "hurdling"? I thought that was just football.

Edit: After googling I found out that yes, hurdling is illegal which I had no idea. I've never seen it called before tonight though.

SCRAPYARD

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: RyanLR on October 29, 2016, 05:47:53 am
During the game one of the weirdest calls I've ever heard was made. Myles Fells took a handoff inside the 5 yard line, a defender dove at him and he jumped OVER the defender into the end zone for a would be touchdown. A flag was thrown and the ref said "Personal Foul Hurdling 15 yard penalty". Has anybody ever heard of a personal foul for "hurdling"? I thought that was just football.

Edit: After googling I found out that yes, hurdling is illegal which I had no idea. I've never seen it called before tonight though.

Yes, it's illegal in high school. You can only hurdle a defender if they are lying prone on the ground. It's a safety issue, Ty Kosters of Arkadelphia tried it 2 years ago against Stuttgart in the first game and blew his knee out when he got upended. So it's a useful rule, but it's hard to tell players NOT to do it when instincts take over.

Great win for Joe T. last night, clearly the 2nd best team in 4A IMO.

RyanLR

I wonder if that is a call that a lot of referees miss often? I know for a fact TJ Hammonds jumped over about four people last season and I never saw that call made. I can see why it would be a safety issue.

The people that were at the game last night were pretty interesting. Gary Anderson, who is one of my favorite Razorbacks of all time was there, he has a daughter graduating this year. Obviously Keith Jackson and family were taking selfies with people. I saw a few Ashdown fans come over to the home side to take pictures with him and he obliged everyone. Coach Barry Lunney Jr was there checking out the recruits, and he brought TJ Hammonds back to Charlie George Stadium which was a nice homecoming.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas