• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ozark JV?

Started by PiratePride03, October 21, 2016, 09:20:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PiratePride03

October 21, 2016, 09:20:37 pm Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 10:16:58 pm by PiratePride03
Did someone authorize the JV to play tonight?!  Them boys put a whoopin on Pottsville!  Did anyone outside of Ozark see anything like this happening?  Are they for real,  or did Pottsville forget what sport they were supposed to be playing? 

x14113

I checked through the records--this is the most points scored by the Hillbillies since they hung 67 on Waldron in 2000.

While we Hillbilly fans felt a win was feasible tonight (even though I predicted otherwise on the pick 'ems  ::) ), few if any expected the result we got.\

(BTW, our last two scores were by the backups, so...)

Apache4Life

I'm betting that was a long bus ride home.

PiratePride03

One of Pottsville's coaches is my neighbor, and I haven't talked to him yet.  I'm giving him time to calm down before I ask any questions. 

Apache4Life

PirateP , PLEAAASE  drop what your doing and run over there and ask. 

PiratePride03

Lol no sir.   Wound's too fresh!  I'm super curious to know what happened though.  Lord I hope Ozark isn't as good as that score says they are.

1-Adam-12

Something must have happened to Pottsville.  Booneville shut out that same Ozark team.

x14113

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on October 23, 2016, 12:58:00 pm
Booneville shut out that same Ozark team.

And for that, we cannot thank you enough. It seems to have lit a spark on our offense, much like how your Bearcats were sparked back in 2000. 

Still, I expect Dardy to be a better litmus for where we really stand as a team.

Sigmund Sauer

October 23, 2016, 09:39:31 pm #8 Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 09:41:28 pm by Sigmund Sauer
Pottsville is a very young team made up of many sophomores who are very talented and will be a force in the coming years. The Apaches were down 3 starters going into the Dover game, 2 of the biggest offensive threats and their best linebacker. I can imagine the close win over Dover may have been by much more had those boys been game ready. However, we see what happened with 2 of them still absent against Ozark. The Apaches will be better next year and much better the following.

TurfToe

Quote from: x14113 on October 23, 2016, 04:19:17 pm
And for that, we cannot thank you enough. It seems to have lit a spark on our offense, much like how your Bearcats were sparked back in 2000. 

Still, I expect Dardy to be a better litmus for where we really stand as a team.

Yes, Ozark's offense was having a terrible time moving the ball at Booneville. But let's not forget that Booneville's only 2 scores came from turnovers. One was a INT, which Booneville later scored on, and the other was a blocked punt for a scoop and score.

Minus the turnovers, that game could have easily came down to who scored first and ended 7-0. Very good defensive battle.

I agree x14113, there is a new found spark in Ozark after that loss. Not sure it's on the same scale at the 2000 Bearcats, but I would like to hope so. Friday night should clear things up a little more for everyone.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: TurfToe on October 24, 2016, 01:25:29 pm
Yes, Ozark's offense was having a terrible time moving the ball at Booneville. But let's not forget that Booneville's only 2 scores came from turnovers. One was a INT, which Booneville later scored on, and the other was a blocked punt for a scoop and score.

Minus the turnovers, that game could have easily came down to who scored first and ended 7-0. Very good defensive battle.

I agree x14113, there is a new found spark in Ozark after that loss. Not sure it's on the same scale at the 2000 Bearcats, but I would like to hope so. Friday night should clear things up a little more for everyone.

What gives?  I know theres some issues at the moment in Pottsville... but that score!!  Are yall back in the wishbone?  Have 6 or 7 move ins that are ineligible but playing or what!!  Made a deal with the devil?!

Sigmund Sauer

I wasn't there, but heard there were 6 interceptions thrown by Potts.

hillbilly

There were only 4 interceptions. 3 interceptions by sophomores from Ozark. Just to clarify.

Sigmund Sauer

October 24, 2016, 02:40:50 pm #13 Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 01:52:37 pm by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: hillbilly on October 24, 2016, 02:24:00 pm
There were only 4 interceptions. 3 interceptions by sophomores from Ozark. Just to clarify.
Appreciate the info. not many Apache or Hillbilly posters lately. I was curious as too how it went down, some insight

TurfToe

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 24, 2016, 01:29:49 pm
What gives?  I know theres some issues at the moment in Pottsville... but that score!!  Are yall back in the wishbone?  Have 6 or 7 move ins that are ineligible but playing or what!!  Made a deal with the devil?!

Yes, back in the bone.....please tell the Sand Lizards to prepare for a heavy dose of the bone!!!  ;D ;D ;D

I'm not really sure what has happened to be honest. Looks like a different team from early in the season.

TurfToe

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on October 24, 2016, 02:40:50 pm
Appreciate the info. not many Apache or Hillbilly posters lately. I was curious as too how it went down, some insight into the train wreck.

Turnovers by the Apaches didn't help, but to be fair, I know Ozark had at least one INT, maybe more turnovers.

The Hillbillies had over 500 yards rushing so I would say the primary train wreck was Pottsville run defense.

Lacerta agilis

Pottsville's run D has been sketchy most of the year. I don't know what the official stats were, but I'd guess Dardanelle was pushing 400 yards rushing when we played them.

Lizard 47

Ozark WILL NOT get many rushing yards this week.

Gray lizard

For some reason Pottsville just can not play on the road this year.  It is like they field two different teams. I am hoping they get their first road win this week.

AirItOut21

Does anyone feel good about Ozarks chances this week?

TheSpecial

I want to talk to the defensive mastermind who help Ozark JV to as few as 62 points... I'm sure that has to be a season low...

TurfToe

Quote from: AirItOut21 on October 24, 2016, 06:39:17 pm
Does anyone feel good about Ozarks chances this week?

Hootens has Dardanelle by 1 point. I don't put a lot of faith into Hootens though. They had Ozark by 3 over Pottsville....

I would say if both teams execute without turnovers it should be a good battle. If mistakes are made, it could get ugly early.

Lizard 47

Our defense creates turnovers every week. This should be a great game. Might be interesting to note how many opponent points have been scored at Keenan field this season........

Sigmund Sauer

October 26, 2016, 08:06:18 am #23 Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 08:43:46 am by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: Lizard 47 on October 25, 2016, 11:54:26 pm
Our defense creates turnovers every week. This should be a great game. Might be interesting to note how many opponent points have been scored at Keenan field this season........
The starting defense has allowed 7 points (Booneville) at home this season, 2nd and 3rd string allowed 7 total points. 14 combined.

TurfToe

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on October 26, 2016, 08:06:18 am
The starting defense has allowed 7 points (Booneville) at home this season, 2nd and 3rd string allowed 7 total points. 14 combined.

Very impressive! Sounds like a good, solid defense for sure! Not holding out a lot of hope, but just maybe, Ozark can change that stat this Friday night.

Sigmund Sauer

October 26, 2016, 09:35:17 am #25 Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 09:41:20 am by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: TurfToe on October 26, 2016, 09:23:16 am
Very impressive! Sounds like a good, solid defense for sure! Not holding out a lot of hope, but just maybe, Ozark can change that stat this Friday night.
I can assure you no one in Lizard country is counting Ozark out. Especially after the statement they made against Pottsville. I think the question we're trying to answer is did Pottsville just fall apart or has Ozark suddenly found something on offense they didn't know they had. We'll see Friday, I'm looking forward to it.

TurfToe

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on October 26, 2016, 09:35:17 am
did Pottsville just fall apart or has Ozark suddenly found something on offense they didn't know they had.
As a Hillbilly, I am still trying to answer this question myself. I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a game where one team has 4 turnovers and it is a blow out before halftime. I would like to see a good, clean game to see which team is really the best. I think I know the answer to that, but would like to see the proof on Friday night.

PrivateLesson

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: PrivateLesson on October 26, 2016, 02:56:10 pm
nm
Must have been epic, way too fast to be a deleted liquid courage post, and those are much more common on Friday night. :)

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on October 26, 2016, 03:35:15 pm
Must have been epic, way too fast to be a deleted liquid courage post, and those are much more common on Friday night. :)
lol!  Love this!!   Just give me time, I make my fair share of mishaps!:)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas