• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

booneville at dardanelle

Started by rattler33, October 16, 2016, 07:39:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rattler33

Boonville is getting better every week should be a good game. I have bearcats by 7

WPWells

This could be the de facto conference championship. I've got Booneville by 14

Lumberjackfan1978

Should be a good game that's for sure

OLDSCHOOL82

backwoods

CapnObvious

Booneville is hitting on 7 of 8 cylinders right now which is enough to get past the lizards .. Cats by 14 .

Gray lizard

I just do not see the bearcats beating the sandlizards at home.  This will be a favorable matchup for Dardanelle.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: CapnObvious on October 17, 2016, 06:30:01 am
Booneville is hitting on 7 of 8 cylinders right now which is enough to get past the lizards .. Cats by 14 .

We are more of a straight 6 this year.  Will be more like a V8 next year!

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Gray lizard on October 17, 2016, 08:29:48 am
I just do not see the bearcats beating the sandlizards at home.  This will be a favorable matchup for Dardanelle.

Enlighten us?  I think its a favorable matchup for the cats regardless of location.  I wish it was at bearcat stadium but we don't serve tamales!!  Theres not too much speed on the dardy side that we cant handle it with our youth.  We have a quick defense.  The throws aren't precision so that helps.  Biggest threat I see at the moment is not letting brown be too destructive.

Gray lizard

I just feel like Dardanelle will win the matchup in most every position.  If they play a good clean game.  I would expect a 2 to 3 TD win. I am no expert by any means just my 2 cents. This game will tell a lot if the 4-4A can make any head way in the playoffs.  I am hoping one team can show dominance and think it will be Dardanelle.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 17, 2016, 08:45:20 am
Enlighten us?  I think its a favorable matchup for the cats regardless of location.  I wish it was at bearcat stadium but we don't serve tamales!!  Theres not too much speed on the dardy side that we cant handle it with our youth.  We have a quick defense.  The throws aren't precision so that helps.  Biggest threat I see at the moment is not letting brown be too destructive.

I think it will be close if Dardanelle's passing game is as ugly as it's been all year. Not sure what is going on with the QB. He actually looked pretty good passing last year, maybe he's not had as much time in the pocket. If they have the passing game on point it could in fact be a much more dominant final in the points department for Dardanelle.

Lacerta agilis

Lizards were 7 of 10 in the passing game last year vs the Bearcats. Hopefully our ground game stays solid and we won't HAVE to throw, but I think we can pass when/if we want to.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on October 17, 2016, 12:07:13 pm
Lizards were 7 of 10 in the passing game last year vs the Bearcats. Hopefully our ground game stays solid and we won't HAVE to throw, but I think we can pass when/if we want to.

Completely different bearcat team.  And, a good bit different lizard team.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 17, 2016, 12:15:03 pm
Completely different bearcat team.  And, a good bit different lizard team.
Lizards QB and 2 receiving threats the same, but I get your point, the O-line "is a good bit different". My take is this game will be like the last 4 Dardanelle/Booneville games. The guys with their hands on the ground will decide who wins the game.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on October 17, 2016, 12:27:05 pm
Lizards QB and 2 receiving threats the same, but I get your point, the O-line "is a good bit different". My take is this game will be like the last 4 Dardanelle/Booneville games. The guys with their hands on the ground will decide who wins the game.

My take on that.

2012 matchup.  Young cats, close game.
2013 matchup.  No contest
2014 matchup.  Dardy too powerful.
2015 matchup.  Dardy not as powerful but still heads and tails above Booneville.  (Even with kershner on the side)
2016 matchup.  Completely different cats.  Dardy, not as strong a line.  No burner.  Cats, young, improving weekly, stingy, feisty, not too big, not to small.  No burner.

Lizard 47

Started and played a lot of the same personnel last year including the rb. O-Line is better than ppl think. D-line, well we all know what's lurking in the middle there. This is gonna be a violent, smashmouth affair. Make no mistake, dardy will bring it.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Lizard 47 on October 17, 2016, 03:11:55 pm
Started and played a lot of the same personnel last year including the rb. O-Line is better than ppl think. D-line, well we all know what's lurking in the middle there. This is gonna be a violent, smashmouth affair. Make no mistake, dardy will bring it.

We changed offenses and only pass now. 

Lizard 47

Are you pulling my leg? We are talking about Bonneville here, right? Lol

OLDSCHOOL82

Its true.  Our backs are so long and lanky that we have abandoned the power formations. Utilizing an RPO offense to take advantage of defenses.

Lacerta agilis

Can we look forward to the unveiling of the spread attack you said was coming back in 2014 (if it doesn't rain)?  ;D

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on October 17, 2016, 03:33:44 pm
Can we look forward to the unveiling of the spread attack you said was coming back in 2014 (if it doesn't rain)?  ;D

You can book it.  Spread only.  Let "The Coach" know so he can adjust his defense and get the LB's out in the flats covering.  Wont need them in the middle as we wont even look at running the ball up the middle.  Might as well go ahead and move #63 out there also. 

PiratePride03

I don't think Booneville completed one pass against Dover.   Mostly runs up the middle,  which Dardanelle will shut down.  Should be a good game,  but I believe Dardy takes this one by 2 scores or more.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 17, 2016, 03:36:20 pm
You can book it.  Spread only.  Let "The Coach" know so he can adjust his defense and get the LB's out in the flats covering.  Wont need them in the middle as we wont even look at running the ball up the middle.  Might as well go ahead and move #63 out there also.
Just sent coach a text. #63 is moving to free safety today!

OLDSCHOOL82

We trashed that offense PP03.  Similar to your thoughts on dover, after the stall in the second half of the dover game, we fired our oc and put him on tape duty only and moved our 7th grade OC up to call for sr high.  We don't stand for a lack of production in south logan county. Tried the new o out last week.  Gotta work out a few bugs but should have it ginning smoothly by Tuesday evening.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on October 17, 2016, 03:39:00 pm
Just sent coach a text. #63 is moving to free safety today!

That's a more natural position for him anyways.

Lacerta agilis

That's our secret weapon. He doesn't get many picks, but he will get in your receiver's head on crossing routes.

PiratePride03

Shoot it worked lol.  Yall were getting 3-6 yards every run because we kept expecting a pass for some reason,  and would never stack the box.   Our D-Line isn't big like everyone else's,  they're fast.  That's why those runs up the middle worked so well against us.  Dardy and Pottsville have a bunch of wide bodies on their lines.  I can't really remember what yall's lines looks like,  but I'm sure they're bigger than ours.  That's why blocking is such a huge issue with us right now.   How big is Waldron and Ozark?   Yall have played both of them already,  so you might remember.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on October 17, 2016, 03:45:54 pm
That's our secret weapon. He doesn't get many picks, but he will get in your receiver's head on crossing routes.

Like literally !  His number better be changed to an appropriate one.  And, I have heard nothing of the Tamales which I have inquired about several times.  They better be hot and fresh when I arrive.

Lizard 47

Looking back, he does have at least one pick, lol

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: PiratePride03 on October 17, 2016, 03:47:09 pm
Shoot it worked lol.  Yall were getting 3-6 yards every run because we kept expecting a pass for some reason,  and would never stack the box.   Our D-Line isn't big like everyone else's,  they're fast.  That's why those runs up the middle worked so well against us.  Dardy and Pottsville have a bunch of wide bodies on their lines.  I can't really remember what yall's lines looks like,  but I'm sure they're bigger than ours.  That's why blocking is such a huge issue with us right now.   How big is Waldron and Ozark?   Yall have played both of them already,  so you might remember.

Pottsville has some big lug TNT's.  Waldron has some bigs but there on the sidelines and come in occasionally.  Ozark has decent size. 

PiratePride03

Pottsville and Dardanelle are just about identical size wise. 

Lacerta agilis

For the record, if Booneville runs the spread, I'll cover all you can eat Tamales for Oldschool Friday night.

OLDSCHOOL82

On that note, what percentage of the time for me to qualify for the all you can eat tamale bar?

PiratePride03

Lol he gonna be begging coach to throw the ball!  "Come on bro,  we're talking bout free tamales coach!"

Lacerta agilis

50%+ to be considered a scheme change.

OLDSCHOOL82

Get your note pad and calculator ready to figure the percentage!

Lacerta agilis

Don't need to. If the spread is killing us, the sprinklers are coming on at half. Band has been told their on standbye.

Gray lizard

I would bet Bonneville does not pass over 5 or 6 times (which would be a lot) even if they are in 3rd and long all night.

Lizard 47

Probably a good plan not to, we have a lot of pics and forced fumble recovery/scoop and scores in that area of the game

nastynice

Quite amusing so far!

Quote from: Lizard 47 on October 17, 2016, 04:47:57 pm
Probably a good plan not to, we have a lot of pics and forced fumble recovery/scoop and scores in that area of the game

Especially that first game, huh?

Ned_Flanders

Chief I'm pullin for ya in this one.   I would love to watch this one.   But I'm going to Atkins this time.  With Dardanelle playing Charleston close.  I'm guessing this will be a real blow out by Dardanelle.  Will there be a teepee set up and a grill going before the game?  I could always swing by on my way down to Atkins. 

nastynice

Quote from: Gray lizard on October 17, 2016, 09:32:47 am
I just feel like Dardanelle will win the matchup in most every position.  If they play a good clean game.  I would expect a 2 to 3 TD win. I am no expert by any means just my 2 cents. This game will tell a lot if the 4-4A can make any head way in the playoffs.  I am hoping one team can show dominance and think it will be Dardanelle.
I think the last two weeks of eating cupcakes may have your expectations a little high. You guys may very well win this game, but it won't be by 3 TDs.

Lizard 47

Don't be surprised when it happens

nastynice

Nothing surprises me. "If I wake up with my head sewn to the carpet in the morning," it won't surprise me!

Lizard 47

OLDSCHOOL82

The threads are very calm.  We may have to turn it up a notch!  Lizard, I appreciate your support of the lizards. But, for some info. Many times over the long history of dardy vs Booneville the teams have been fairly closely matched as far as the strength of the football team.  Many times, the lizards, on paper, had the better team.  Most times, the cats came out on top.  Some recent years have been different.  2013, the lizards had no shot.  2014, we should of, but after the game started, the cats had no shot.  2015, we knew what the outcome would be before the game started.  2016, different year.  We are back to fairly equally matched teams.  With the exception of pea ridge, the games the cats have lost this year have been because the cats lost them, not because the other team beat us.  That's not an excuse.  If you have been around or participated in sports, you will understand that statement.  Our young team gets better each week.  I know, I know, dardy does as well.  But, neither one of us is too powerful for the other to make it a close game. 

Lizard 47

I do not disagree. This should be the conference championship game. I bet it's gonna be a good one.

Sigmund Sauer

The more I think about it, home field advantage may be a bigger factor than I previously thought in this one. Oldschool, does Booneville do a live stream? Dardanelle does, but it isn't great. Pottsville sure has an amazing stream service for their games.

Lacerta agilis

October 19, 2016, 08:30:57 am #48 Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 08:33:34 am by Lacerta agilis
If either team wins by 21+, it will be because the other team is having turnover issues. I don't believe either team is 3 TD's better than the other.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on October 19, 2016, 08:26:46 am
The more I think about it, home field advantage may be a bigger factor than I previously thought in this one. Oldschool, does Booneville do a live stream? Dardanelle does, but it isn't great. Pottsville sure has an amazing stream service for their games.

Let me check.  I think its online.  I don't miss any games so ive never had to watch!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas