• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gosnell @ Pocohontas

Started by Ghs21, October 15, 2016, 02:15:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

vote winner

Gosnell
13 (40.6%)
Pocohontas
19 (59.4%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Ghs21

This game should be for the conference championship, gosnell is improving every week as is pokie, any thoughts?

skins68

Should be a great game! Gosnell has a more complete team than they did last year. Really can't just key on one player like last year. Our defense is really going to have to make sure that they each play their assignments. Pocahontas has finally found a passing game that should help them on offense. Both teams look to be peaking at the right time. Should be a burn burner.  I got to go with my skins!!!    Poky 28 Gosnell 24

CaveMan2016

Should be a good one. Gosnell has the secondary to help on the pass game. Very athletic. Do they have the Dline to stop the run. Pokey game up 5 passing TDs themselves however with over 300 yds passing... Interesting is Gosnell using their own athletes to run down field for the deep ball

bigchief72455

Quote from: CaveMan2016 on October 15, 2016, 02:30:45 pm
Should be a good one. Gosnell has the secondary to help on the pass game. Very athletic. Do they have the Dline to stop the run. Pokey game up 5 passing TDs themselves however with over 300 yds passing... Interesting is Gosnell using their own athletes to run down field for the deep ball
It was also in Cave City's favor that the Skins did not practice this past week due to Homecoming activities. You can bet they will be more prepared for Gosnell this week.

Ghs21

Gosnells corner returned last night and played his first game of the year (had a broke arm) which one of the big reasons they shut down highlands passing game. Very fast athletic kid who also plays receiver and had some catches last night. They have very athletic db"s

CaveMan2016

Sounds like a BigExcuse. Pokey is talented. But not like last year. I'm sure they will be more prepared. Lot of yelling on that sideline second half.  For your prediction of winning by 50 over a below average 24 man roster you were a little off and pokey defense was exposed. Gosnell is almost as athletic as Nettleton. I'm sure it'll be excited. Both very well coached and Gosnell can use last years blowout as a bad taste for revenge or to go into it hesitant.. Good luck

Redskin2015

October 15, 2016, 06:25:46 pm #6 Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 06:33:00 pm by Redskin2015
Quote from: CaveMan2016 on October 15, 2016, 03:57:04 pm
Sounds like a BigExcuse. Pokey is talented. But not like last year. I'm sure they will be more prepared. Lot of yelling on that sideline second half.  For your prediction of winning by 50 over a below average 24 man roster you were a little off and pokey defense was exposed. Gosnell is almost as athletic as Nettleton. I'm sure it'll be excited. Both very well coached and Gosnell can use last years blowout as a bad taste for revenge or to go into it hesitant.. Good luck
Gosnell would be destroyed by nettelton the closest that game would be is 0 to 0 in the 1st quarter with 12 minutes on the clock. But then again you are from cave city so we all know how much y'all know about football

Ghs21

Quote from: Redskin2015 on October 15, 2016, 06:25:46 pm

Gosnell would be destroyed by nettelton the closest that game would be is 0 to 0 in the 1st quarter with 12 minutes on the clock. But then again you are from cave city so we all know how much y'all know about football
I think your a little
Off buddy. I don't think Gosnell would get "destroyed" by nettleton. Have you watched Gosnell play this year? Gosnell is much better than you think.

Redskin2015

Quote from: Ghs21 on October 15, 2016, 06:34:54 pm
I think your a little
Off buddy. I don't think Gosnell would get "destroyed" by nettleton. Have you watched Gosnell play this year? Gosnell is much better than you think.
Lost to rivercrest but doesn't think they'd get destroyed by a much more athletic nettelton team oh no you're totally right "sarcasm" gosnell seem to be fair weather fans just kinda like how their stadium was last year ya know?

Redskin2015

Ghs21

Teams that want to win don't take a whole week off of practice homecoming or not. I know Gosnell was there till 6 on homecoming week

Ghs21

Quote from: Redskin2015 on October 15, 2016, 06:37:43 pm
Lost to rivercrest but doesn't think they'd get destroyed by a much more athletic nettelton team oh no you're totally right "sarcasm" gosnell seem to be fair weather fans just kinda like how their stadium was last year ya know?
lol rivercrest is a rivalry game. It doesn't mater how bad rivercrest is and how good
Gosnell is that game is always close. Gosnell can lose
To rivercrest and Come out and destroy a much better team. And I love that you keep bringing up last year.

Redskin2015

Quote from: Ghs21 on October 15, 2016, 06:40:07 pm
lol rivercrest is a rivalry game. It doesn't mater how bad rivercrest is and how good
Gosnell is that game is always close. Gosnell can lose
To rivercrest and Come out and destroy a much better team. And I love that you keep bringing up last year.
Now that sounds like an excuse right there if I've ever heard one. Pokey beats gosnell this 28-12

Ghs21

Quote from: Redskin2015 on October 15, 2016, 06:41:52 pm
Now that sounds like an excuse right there if I've ever heard one. Pokey beats gosnell this 28-12
lol no it's not an excuse. Cmon now. You were
Comparing scores the other day.. Cave city put up 40 points on yawl

Redskin2015

Quote from: Ghs21 on October 15, 2016, 06:43:27 pm
lol no it's not an excuse. Cmon now. You were
Comparing scores the other day.. Cave city put up 40 points on yawl
Agreed we played terrible I'm man enough to admit that focus was obviously not on the field and they cannot do that next week against y'all and I completely agree we are not the same team as last year but we're still good may not be a blowout every time we play a team but we're gonna come out to win

CaveMan2016

Heard Gosnell got the Star City film from last year..

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 15, 2016, 03:31:44 pm
It was also in Cave City's favor that the Skins did not practice this past week due to Homecoming activities. You can bet they will be more prepared for Gosnell this week.
they didn't practice any just because it was homecoming wow never heard of that before that's almost a ticket to loose

NEA Razorback olfan

Having seen both these teams this should be a very good game.
Gosnell has more offensive weapons this year. Ground and air.
Pokey has the same with a deep Bench. McShain is tough to stop on the ground for the Pirates.
Pokey has sorg on the ground plus accurate QB with solid receivers.
Defense will decide this one in my opinion, whoever can stop the ground game will win.

bigchief72455

Quote from: CaveMan2016 on October 15, 2016, 07:48:01 pm
Heard Gosnell got the Star City film from last year..
At least we have playoff film for people to view.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on October 15, 2016, 08:37:43 pm
they didn't practice any just because it was homecoming wow never heard of that before that's almost a ticket to loose
Didn't play the starting rb either.

bigchief72455

Quote from: CaveMan2016 on October 15, 2016, 03:57:04 pm
Why don't you brag about how our starting rb got 0 yards against your defense.  ::)

bigchief72455

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on October 15, 2016, 08:37:43 pm
I think  better description would be that it wasn't a normal week of practice. There were more distractions than usual.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 16, 2016, 01:42:34 am
I think  better description would be that it wasn't a normal week of practice. There were more distractions than usual.
that's for sure Homecoming is always a distraction players have a lot more on their mind than just football

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

I just hope coach Baty drills the defense this week. Gosnell is smaller and quick. Last small and quicker team they faced: paragould. We all know how that turned. But gosnell is a bit bigger. Senior night will get all the guys leaving pumped up. And the experience factor also comes into play. 15 senior redskins, all have beat gosnell the first two times, and want to close out their regular season home careers with a bang. Pirated, get ready. We certainly are

Ghs21

It's gonna be a tough game. Gosnell is undersized every game, but they are strong and fast, neither o or d line is very big but they are a scrappy group, more of a team this year than last year. Coach barbaree has done very good with getting this group playing the way there playing even after all the injuries they've had. They lost 2 of there starting linemen one before the season and one in the middle of the season. I can't wait for this game

skins68

Good luck to Gosnell! It is going to be a great game! My son plays for Poky and he has several friends on Gosnell's team! Very good young men!! He was also buddies with Carlos from last year.  Save travels to Poky and we will pray for no injuries in the Game for both teams!!

Big Country

Redskin2015

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 16, 2016, 01:32:26 am

At least we have playoff film for people to view.
Apply cold water to burnt area

bigchief72455

Apparently my comments earned me a few more slaps. If I get too many more I may get confused with some of the Warren elite commentators. lol.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 17, 2016, 11:17:53 am
Apparently my comments earned me a few more slaps. If I get too many more I may get confused with some of the Warren elite commentators. lol.
lol

Big Country

didn't y'all bow out in the 1st round last year ?

bigchief72455

Quote from: Big Country on October 17, 2016, 12:32:14 pm
Were ya'll even in the first round?

birddawg1986

If Gosnell couldnt get it done last year @ Gosnell (Lost 40-0) they aint getting it done this year up in Randolph Co. Pokey by 24

Big Country

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

We got the first round bye for conference champs and lost our star QB for the Star City game. This year´s starter (Haston Oreweiler) started that game and had a good on, but 8-4A defense slowed us, not to mention multiple college bound players

Redskin2015

Quote from: Big Country on October 17, 2016, 12:32:14 pm
And who exactly are you repping

bigchief72455

Ghs21

Quote from: birddawg1986 on October 17, 2016, 01:32:46 pm
If Gosnell couldnt get it done last year @ Gosnell (Lost 40-0) they aint getting it done this year up in Randolph Co. Pokey by 24
Gosnell is better as a team than they were last year defense and offense

Redskin2015

Quote from: Ghs21 on October 17, 2016, 05:27:16 pm
Gosnell is better as a team than they were last year defense and offense
I just see y'all getting beat in the second half

Ghs21

Quote from: Redskin2015 on October 17, 2016, 05:45:36 pm
I just see y'all getting beat in the second half
i don't know they have played there best in the 4th quarter so far this year besides the rivercrest game..there in much better shape than last year

Redblue

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 15, 2016, 03:31:44 pm
So Coach Baty called off practice all week because of Homecoming? Give me a break!  ???

bigchief72455

October 18, 2016, 07:32:19 am #41 Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 07:37:38 am by bigchief72455
Quote from: Redblue on October 18, 2016, 05:43:33 am
  So Coach Baty called off practice all week because of Homecoming? Give me a break!  ???
I also explained in another post how it was more of a distraction thing with Homecoming more than a not practice thing. If you would read more than 4 posts you might be able to figure that out.

bigchief72455

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 18, 2016, 07:32:19 am
I also explained in another post how it was more of a distraction thing with Homecoming more than a not practice thing. If you would read more than 4 posts you might be able to figure that out.
Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 16, 2016, 01:42:34 am
There I helped you.

Qhcaoc

Question of the week is will Sorg play this week?

bigchief72455

Redskin2015

Quote from: Qhcaoc on October 18, 2016, 11:20:31 am
Question of the week is will Sorg play this week?
Sorg was nursing an ankle injury he could of played this past week but he would not have been 100% he's coming back this week 100%

Ghs21

Is gosnells linebacker playing this week?

GHS_08

Quote from: bigchief72455 on October 17, 2016, 12:41:11 pm
Were ya'll even in the first round?

We beat Lonoke in the first round and played CAC pretty good until late in the game .

bigchief72455

Quote from: Big Country on October 19, 2016, 10:36:47 am
sounds about right
LOL. I'm messing with you guys. Gos has a good program. My honest thoughts about this game are that it will be who has the stronger defense and that tends towards Pocahontas. It will be a good game though.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas