• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren at Monticello. The saline river shootout. Let's get it started.

Started by AirWarren, October 14, 2016, 10:15:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Warren has dominated Monticello since 2000. Can the goats change that this year?

AirItOut21

Sports Guru

Crossett came back trailing 0-18 at half to beat Monticello 34-25. Warren by 45

AirWarren

Let's go ahead and make the trophy a permanent fixture in the Warren trophy case.

Lion QB

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: AirWarren on October 14, 2016, 10:40:49 pm
Let's go ahead and make the trophy a permanent fixture in the Warren trophy case.
Thought you said it was ignorant to call out a team 2 weeks away? Permanent  fixture? ... counting your chickens ain't ya?

AirWarren

Quote from: HBG PRIDE on October 14, 2016, 10:46:25 pm
Thought you said it was ignorant to call out a team 2 weeks away? Permanent  fixture? ... counting your chickens ain't ya?

Warren and Monticello play for a trophy sponsored by union bank. The saline river shootout trophy.

HBG PRIDE

Quote from: AirWarren on October 14, 2016, 10:53:23 pm
Warren and Monticello play for a trophy sponsored by union bank. The saline river shootout trophy.
oh, ok...yal got that

cuckoobird

KASH dba The Lumberjack

This is always a hard fought game between these two teams. I think the Billies will come out fired up at home and keep it closer than Warren fans want. Jacks will pull away late. 42-21 Jacks

Lumberjackfan1978

Jacks need to have a good week of practice this week and take care of business.I think they will. Jacks by four touchdowns

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Yep, we need to stay focused on the game to be played, not any of the weeks after

~WPS~

AirWarren

LJ06

~WPS~

I thought so. Anything can happen in rivalries. Usually the lesser talented team finds a way to play up a level in a rivalry.

Big Fan

Quote from: ~WPS~ on October 18, 2016, 12:11:04 pm
Wasn't this a pretty close game last year?
Yes and Monticello is better than last year, while Warren (while very good) is not as good as they were last year.  That is what gives me hope....ya gotta have something to hang your hat on. 

Here's the skinny on this year's game.  Offensively the Billies should be able to run the ball on the Jacks, but with no break-away speed will have to produce long clock-eating drives.  Monticello will have to eliminate turnovers which have plagued them this year, to produce those drives.  Defensively Warren is down from last year, providing a chance for Monticello to control the game.

Defensively and on coverage teams Monticello must not give up the big play, which is a huge obstacle when playing the Jacks.  The Billies overall lack of team speed has shown itself when a missed assignment occurs defensively.  This has resulted in giving up big plays several times this year.  The Billies defense is pretty good, but must play mistake free against the speedy Jacks.

Looking forward to another Saline River Shootout! 

Billie Blue

Quote from: Big Fan on October 18, 2016, 02:09:02 pm
Yes and Monticello is better than last year, while Warren (while very good) is not as good as they were last year.  That is what gives me hope....ya gotta have something to hang your hat on. 

Here's the skinny on this year's game.  Offensively the Billies should be able to run the ball on the Jacks, but with no break-away speed will have to produce long clock-eating drives.  Monticello will have to eliminate turnovers which have plagued them this year, to produce those drives.  Defensively Warren is down from last year, providing a chance for Monticello to control the game.

Defensively and on coverage teams Monticello must not give up the big play, which is a huge obstacle when playing the Jacks.  The Billies overall lack of team speed has shown itself when a missed assignment occurs defensively.  This has resulted in giving up big plays several times this year.  The Billies defense is pretty good, but must play mistake free against the speedy Jacks.

Looking forward to another Saline River Shootout!
Well spoken  I can agree with your opinion

LineStepper

HBG PRIDE

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: HBG PRIDE on October 18, 2016, 09:17:00 pm
Warren by 14
could be a close game The goats would love to upset the Jacks.i don't think they will though

AirWarren

I feel confident in Warren stopping the backs. The ability of their QB in the running game is what makes me nervous. Warren traditionally struggles with big running QBs.

Lion QB

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on October 18, 2016, 11:44:56 pm
could be a close game The goats would love to upset the Jacks.i don't think they will though
It won't be close. Mercy rule before 3rd quarter is over I think. Jacks win big.   

Big Fan

Quote from: Lion QB on October 19, 2016, 09:02:06 am
It won't be close. Mercy rule before 3rd quarter is over I think. Jacks win big.   
There you go thinking again....be careful...

KASH dba The Lumberjack

I have to disagree BF, I think we are better this year than last. We are better in every spot except linebacker. Tons better at receiver, O-line and D line have gelled nicely this year. Offense is more fluid than last year. We won't be unprepared this year. The Jacks were looking ahead to Hamburg last year, but this years team doesn't want to be the one to give up the trophy.

Lion QB

Update B&J BBQ (Big Willie) will be at the Piggly Wiggly parking lot on Friday @ 7:00. How many of you BBQ eating fools are going to miss the game now? 

KASH dba The Lumberjack

I take it he's BBQ'ing goat to set the mood for tomorrow night. Hoping for a huge turn out from both towns tomorrow night.

AirWarren

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Superjack45

HBG PRIDE

Lion QB

Big Fan

You
Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on October 21, 2016, 10:49:23 am
Great weather for a great rivalry game! Go Jacks!!!
You're right about that Kash. No weather or field excuses for the Jacks tonight. No excuses at all, except for that unfortunate Hamburg thread. 

Thrasher

Why isn't there a score update? Or play by play update like it usually is?

SCRAPYARD

Quote from: Thrasher on October 21, 2016, 08:02:56 pm
Because they are NOT winning.

owl84

~WPS~

You can always count on Warren to have at least 1 game a year that they don't show up.

Jack1990

AirWarren

Quote from: ~WPS~ on October 21, 2016, 08:08:13 pm
You can always count on Warren to have at least 1 game a year that they don't show up.

Bad play of Warren.

AirWarren

Quote from: Thrasher on October 21, 2016, 08:02:56 pm

Just tuned in. Been out back with my daughter roasting marshmallows. Hard to watch on the phone and update

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

What. On. Earth.

Folks, this is what happens when you take an opponent for granted and focus on the "next" week. Players better pull their heads outta their rear ends and get focused QUICK. Billies smell blood in the water right now.

-Kyle

AirWarren

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on October 21, 2016, 08:15:05 pm
What. On. Earth.

Folks, this is what happens when you take an opponent for granted and focus on the "next" week. Players better pull their heads outta their rear ends and get focused QUICK. Billies smell blood in the water right now.

-Kyle

Yup. This a rival. Monticello will come to play.

Jack1990

Lumberjacks go in from 3 yards out on a QB keeper by Lassiter. The 2 point conversion is good!! With 7:02 to go in the third. The Jacks now lead the Billies 14-7.

Jack1990

After recovering the on side kick. L..the Jacks score on a 36 yard run by Lassiter. Yepes XP is good! With 6:49 remaining in the third the Jacks lead the Billies 21-7.

AirWarren

Hard fought game. Monticello came to play. Hats off to them.

Way to go jacks.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Good game. Monticello fought hard and played a good game. Slow start and penalties hurt us tonight. Good to have the trophy in Warren for another year.

AirWarren

Question for Monticello.

Is this the last year for the head coach?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas