• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any thoughts on the LR Parkview coaches kneeling during the anthem? Haven't seen this in 4A.

Started by Sigmund Sauer, October 11, 2016, 07:49:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 11, 2016, 11:40:48 am
Who said anything about people that don't work? That has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. But just to clarify, you don't like people that don't pay their fair share and just keep taking from the rest of us? I agree with you on that, and that sounds a lot like someone who's been in the news quit a bit the past year or so.  :D

Yes, but it does.  They are the ones getting shot cause they are not at work and are up to no good.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Gray lizard on October 11, 2016, 11:45:16 am
Yes, but it does.  They are the ones getting shot cause they are not at work and are up to no good.

You heard it here first folks....all criminals are unemployed.  ::)

AirWarren

Quote from: Jack1990 on October 11, 2016, 11:39:59 am
How is this different than the coach in Washington who was fired for praying after the game.  Is that not expressing his personal views (political and religious views have already been mentioned above) the same as the coaches from Parkview? 

Because. It's the socially "popular" protest.

This board has turned into the Arkansas times.

AirWarren

mr.b@sc

i must say on this subject that here in Star City we have our problems but honoring our flag and servicemen is not one of them. I do not ever see this happening in SC and am curious to see how many others posters feel that it would or would not happen in your towns...

Gray lizard

Quote from: mr.b@sc on October 11, 2016, 11:56:38 am
i must say on this subject that here in Star City we have our problems but honoring our flag and servicemen is not one of them. I do not ever see this happening in SC and am curious to see how many others posters feel that it would or would not happen in your towns...

It just takes one nut moving into the district. Look at Dover for your proof.

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: mr.b@sc on October 11, 2016, 11:56:38 am

Unfortunately, no community is immune to this. 

Old Scrapper

Some people are doing this for the attention it brings. I'm sure these two coaches are no different. That is my nice version!

PiratePride03

Lol Gray, anyone that calls me racist only has to meet my best friend.  He looks like Wesley Snipes with a tan lol.   Dude is blacker than shoe polish, but I'd take a bullet for him and his family.

PiratePride03

Oh and by the way,  he's a Democrat (not a liberal), and I'm 100% conservative,  but we're best friends because we don't talk politics lol.

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: PiratePride03 on October 11, 2016, 01:59:21 pm
Lol Gray, anyone that calls me racist only has to meet my best friend.  He looks like Wesley Snipes with a tan lol.   Dude is blacker than shoe polish, but I'd take a bullet for him and his family.

??? 
Phrases like this should help ease the racial tension in our society
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SportsDad

IF.... the coaches on staff at the school my boys attend EVER pulled this stunt... #1 It would cause an uproar in our town...#2 they would no longer be playing for the coach, if the coach still had a job come Monday morning....

AlumniLights

Quote from: AirWarren on October 11, 2016, 08:07:25 am
I think it's garbage.

If those morons that knelt feel like they are set back or this country is against them, myself and many others would be happy to buy a plane ticket to their destination of choice. While they are kneeling, a US warship was nearly hit by rockets over the weekend near Yemen. I'm sure those soldiers in the Middle East would appreciate a couple of boneheads kneeling to the flag while they protect them so can coach on a grassy field.

This is what's wrong with society. Morons look up to idiots like kaepernick and not people of substance.

Can I get an AMEN AW! Tell it like it is!

PiratePride03

And why not KREW?  Why see racism where it don't exist.   I'm fish belly white,  and he's black as night,  but neither of us see each other's race.   We're brothers,  no matter what color we are.  If more people could joke like that instead of creating racism where none was intended,  then this country would be a lot better off.

Dr. Defense

Quote from: AirWarren on October 11, 2016, 08:07:25 am
I think it's garbage.

If those morons that knelt feel like they are set back or this country is against them, myself and many others would be happy to buy a plane ticket to their destination of choice. While they are kneeling, a US warship was nearly hit by rockets over the weekend near Yemen. I'm sure those soldiers in the Middle East would appreciate a couple of boneheads kneeling to the flag while they protect them so can coach on a grassy field.

This is what's wrong with society. Morons look up to idiots like kaepernick and not people of substance.

This is awesome +1000 if i could

SUGARTOWN

Just to be clear, the majority here thinks that a teacher or student shouldn't share their political views at a public school, but religious views are ok?

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 11, 2016, 03:17:55 pm
Just to be clear, the majority here thinks that a teacher or student shouldn't share their political views at a public school, but religious views are ok?

The issue is how they share their view and it actually distracts from the message and confuses it all together....

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 11, 2016, 03:24:17 pm
The issue is how they share their view and it actually distracts from the message and confuses it all together....

How so?

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 11, 2016, 03:27:33 pm
How so?

Even on this thread people have to be directed to the actual underlying reason of the protest.  People will assume its against the military, our country in general, an attack on the fallen, all races, etc, etc...  Like black lives matter, it is inherently racist...  How about Black lives matter too?

The flag should be sacred, don't disrespect it...  As you can see it pisses just about everybody off and it should...

BobKat

They are simply just using one of the five rights to First Amendent of the United States Constitution, the freedom of assembly which is the individual right or ability of people to come together and collectively express, promote, pursue, and defend their ideas.

HBG PRIDE

What happened to HONOR and RESPECT? Common sense is a thing of the past.Our country and our society is in trouble.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 11, 2016, 03:39:24 pm
Even on this thread people have to be directed to the actual underlying reason of the protest.  People will assume its against the military, our country in general, an attack on the fallen, all races, etc, etc...  Like black lives matter, it is inherently racist...  How about Black lives matter too?

The flag should be sacred, don't disrespect it...  As you can see it pisses just about everybody off and it should...

I would think turning your back on the flag would be WAY more disrespectful than taking a knee which is usually a sign or respect or reverence. We take a knee when a player is injured, we take a knee to pray...

This issue is like most of the divisive issues in our country, most people think THEIR way is the only way and everybody else is wrong and no one is willing to see the other side.

For the record, I personally would never kneel during the anthem but I'm a white male so my view may be skewed somewhat. I also don't have a problem with praying before a game but I can see where some might see a double standard. As I said earlier, we all answer to somebody and it's up to you and your conscience how you deal with people. Personally, I think we would all be better off if we didn't worry about what someone else is doing if it has nothing to do with you. We all don't have to agree but we do have to get along.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 11, 2016, 03:55:30 pm
I would think turning your back on the flag would be WAY more disrespectful than taking a knee which is usually a sign or respect or reverence. We take a knee when a player is injured, we take a knee to pray...

This issue is like most of the divisive issues in our country, most people think THEIR way is the only way and everybody else is wrong and no one is willing to see the other side.

For the record, I personally would never kneel during the anthem but I'm a white male so my view may be skewed somewhat. I also don't have a problem with praying before a game but I can see where some might see a double standard. As I said earlier, we all answer to somebody and it's up to you and your conscience how you deal with people. Personally, I think we would all be better off if we didn't worry about what someone else is doing if it has nothing to do with you. We all don't have to agree but we do have to get along.

They can do it and they have the right.  You stated you would not do it and I wouldn't either.  I also would prefer they don't and find a better delivery.  With no effort I could think of 10 ways to better serve their cause...  Make a real impact not edify themselves and create further divisiveness.  Just my view...

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 11, 2016, 04:05:43 pm
They can do it and they have the right.  You stated you would not do it and I wouldn't either.  I also would prefer they don't and find a better delivery.  With no effort I could think of 10 ways to better serve their cause...  Make a real impact not edify themselves and create further divisiveness.  Just my view...

10 ways? Ok, go for it.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 11, 2016, 04:07:14 pm
10 ways? Ok, go for it.

PM me and I'll give you my cell phone...  We can discuss it that way much easier... I say this because I do this in my local community...  Simple things but they can make a real difference...  I absolutely don't mind sharing some ideas with you....

Gray lizard

We stand up for all those who have fallen defending and can't.  I think that is why the kneeling offends so many.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 11, 2016, 04:09:42 pm
PM me and I'll give you my cell phone...  We can discuss it that way much easier... I say this because I do this in my local community...  Simple things but they can make a real difference...  I absolutely don't mind sharing some ideas with you....

You stand up for people of color that feel they have been wronged by the justice system? Hats off to you man.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 11, 2016, 04:17:46 pm
You stand up for people of color that feel they have been wronged by the justice system? Hats off to you man.

I actually have a family of color, do more than you think and still welcome your PM....

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 11, 2016, 04:23:21 pm
I actually have a family of color, do more than you think and still welcome your PM....

You can post your 10 ways on here or PM them to me. I'd be happy to peruse them.

G-Town38

Easy solution for everyone who does not agree with this idealistic form of protest. It is their right, as an American, to do so. But, it is my right, as an American, to protest their protest.
I feel that it is disrespectful to all who have served this country in some form or fashion, therefore I will not support their cause by paying to watch this behavior. I will not watch NFL, NBA, MLB, or other factions that allow this to continue. If any of the Razorbacks did this, I would turn off my TV.

Lumberjackfan1978

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Jack1990 on October 11, 2016, 11:39:59 am
How is this different than the coach in Washington who was fired for praying after the game.  Is that not expressing his personal views (political and religious views have already been mentioned above) the same as the coaches from Parkview?
that's different they can kneel, but they don't want us to pray so sad the shape our country is in and only going to get worse

beach bum

The kneeling for the flag thing is just like the gay marriage topic..... who cares about actions that how zero bearing on my life on a daily basis. I have always and will always stand for the national anthem as I see no point in what they are doing. It makes no sense to me, but it is within their rights under the first amendment. This is the same reason I do not care if people pray before games even though I do not follow organized religion whatsoever. The reason I do not care if they pray is because them praying doesn't change my life one bit. Just let people be and worry about yourself people when it comes to things that have ZERO bearing on your day to day life. You become a lot happier that way.

Winnerscircle

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 11, 2016, 09:39:57 am
Haven't heard the coaches say exactly what they were protesting, have you?

And you're making the biggest misconception about the Kaepernick protest. He never said HE was oppressed. That's not what he's ptheyrotesting, he is: "protesting racial injustice in this country, particularly the killing of black men by police officers."

Just because he's a millionaire that doesn't mean that he can't see or comment on what he thinks is going on in this country. Heck, most of the politicians that we task to correct the ills of society are millionaires. Should they not comment either since "they're not oppressed"??
They don't know what they are protesting because they are not protesting, they are to lazy to make a difference should remove them from the Government "tax payer funded school program " and just have school . It is a privilege to play sports not earned ! If they want to do something do something positive in their community.

beach bum

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on October 11, 2016, 07:28:01 pm
that's different they can kneel, but they don't want us to pray so sad the shape our country is in and only going to get worse

Don't let facts get in your way of that being proven not true. Countries like Iceland, Sweden, Finland, and Norway are by far the least religious in the world and have no crime. Religion has nothing to do with morality.... I have heard they are about only at 10% of those that attend religious services on a regular basis and their is virtually no violence in their culture...... Our actions are what matters, nothing else. Prayers won't help or hurt in either way. Our actions will..... As I said above I personally could care less if people want to pray before games, but to paint it as that is why our nation has problems isn't true. We have a nation of 330 million people. Not everything is going to go well with that many people in one nation. It just is what it is....

AirWarren

Trojanbird

I thought that this type of issue was no longer allowed to be discussed here on FF.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Gray lizard on October 11, 2016, 12:03:16 pm
It just takes one nut moving into the district. Look at Dover for your proof.
yup one moving in can make you a jugger not.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: beach bum on October 11, 2016, 08:01:02 pm
Don't let facts get in your way of that being proven not true. Countries like Iceland, Sweden, Finland, and Norway are by far the least religious in the world and have no crime. Religion has nothing to do with morality.... I have heard they are about only at 10% of those that attend religious services on a regular basis and their is virtually no violence in their culture...... Our actions are what matters, nothing else. Prayers won't help or hurt in either way. Our actions will..... As I said above I personally could care less if people want to pray before games, but to paint it as that is why our nation has problems isn't true. We have a nation of 330 million people. Not everything is going to go well with that many people in one nation. It just is what it is....
well their's a lot of people's actions in this country need to change then because it ain't getting no better just my opinion

Redskin2015

Redskin2015

polksalet

RoadWarrior

A lot of posters on this thread are yelling its disrespectful to the military or disrespecting the brothers and sisters that have falling. You guys have no clue. Most of the soldiers in the military are not fighting for this country, they are fighting for their families and their brothers beside them. You may start out that way before you join but you soon realize that the military is just the bullet in the gun of the greedy and corupt politicians of this country. Do we get the job accomplished and amazingly change to world for the better??? YES NO DOUBT but in the process people always die and someone ALWAYS get rich off death. I am a veteran with 3 separate tours in a combat zone under my belt and 20+ years of decorated military service; so I speak from personal experience. Also since you guys think that kneeling is disrespect so what do you think about talking because I've been to soooo many events that even though most stand and face the flag, majority ppl are laughing and talking but now you have a problem with someone quietly kneeling. I could think talking and moving about during the anthem is disrespectful. Kap isn't trying to be disrespectful however he is trying to get your attention .....and guess what? Good or bad; he got it

sevenof400

Quote from: RoadWarrior on October 12, 2016, 06:10:35 am
A lot of posters on this thread are yelling its disrespectful to the military or disrespecting the brothers and sisters that have falling. You guys have no clue. Most of the soldiers in the military are not fighting for this country, they are fighting for their families and their brothers beside them. You may start out that way before you join but you soon realize that the military is just the bullet in the gun of the greedy and corupt politicians of this country. Do we get the job accomplished and amazingly change to world for the better??? YES NO DOUBT but in the process people always die and someone ALWAYS get rich off death. I am a veteran with 3 separate tours in a combat zone under my belt and 20+ years of decorated military service; so I speak from personal experience. Also since you guys think that kneeling is disrespect so what do you think about talking because I've been to soooo many events that even though most stand and face the flag, majority ppl are laughing and talking but now you have a problem with someone quietly kneeling. I could think talking and moving about during the anthem is disrespectful. Kap isn't trying to be disrespectful however he is trying to get your attention .....and guess what? Good or bad; he got it

So now we know Kap is an imbecile - his mission accomplished.

$aintMaximu$

cuckoobird

Road warrior don't group every serviceman or former serviceman as having your same pount of view. I don't share it

Sigmund Sauer

I am not arguing with any persons right to protest. In fact if those coaches want to go home and stomp on a flag and film it for the world to see, it's their right, whether I agree with it or not. The problem I have is they are doing their protest while receiving a tax paid salary. Coaches represent their athletes, the football family, and community. The word TEAM means everything is done as a team. A true coach with any class or dignity would never take their own personal agenda onto the field of a public school. Apparently they knew better than to pull this stunt at the home stadium. This was nothing more than a cry for attention "look at me, look at me!" Maybe they didn't receive enough attention as a child. My son would be transferred as soon as the season was over because it's important to me that his coaches are role models. Again, I applaud the players for remaining standing, they obviously recognized how ignorant a few of their leaders (I use that term loosely) looked.

AirWarren

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 12, 2016, 07:40:05 am
Road warrior don't group every serviceman or former serviceman as having your same pount of view. I don't share it

Cuckoobird and Roadwarrior, thank you both for your service...  I will stand for both of you and for our country.  For that brief moment we ALL stand together. After that we can disagree, protest, hate private schools and even vote for a lesbian :).....  But for that one moment let's all stand together and have some hope for the future....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas