• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any thoughts on the LR Parkview coaches kneeling during the anthem? Haven't seen this in 4A.

Started by Sigmund Sauer, October 11, 2016, 07:49:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 20, 2016, 03:37:41 pm
Perhaps a better way to phrase the question would be, "how many might cause a life to be lost?"

Of course, since I am retired, I am the most dangerous when I drive.  But one never knows when one says the wrong thing to someone, perhaps as a counselor, coach, or teacher, when a young person may take their own life.  I have known of a few students who committed suicide and you wonder, "did someone say or do something to cause this young person to do that?", or, you might ask yourself, " could I have done or said something to stop it".  So, no matter your profession, I can see where decisions might have cost a life in some way.  I am sure that isn't what you were referring to, but as a retired teacher, that is how I would answer. The above could happen when a young person is ridiculed or bullied and a teacher might shrug it off and not take the students feelings seriously.

This post is why Oldbadger is one of the best on here and I think others agree. Heck, even other times when I have disagreed with him he has ways of getting his points across to hear his side and understand where he is coming from...... +1 to this and all his posts on the kneeling topics!

duecek

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 11, 2016, 08:15:39 am
You do know that many veterans support Kaepernick don't you? His right to do this is EXACTLY what they fought for...

Thread locked in...3....2...1....

And you do know that like you said they respect his right to do so but they DO NOT agree with him doing it. There a lot of things that we have a right to do. That does not make it moral to do so. A woman has the right to have a baby dismembered in the womb and aborted  but does that make it moral?

beach bum

Quote from: duecek on October 20, 2016, 04:14:46 pm
And you do know that like you said they respect his right to do so but they DO NOT agree with him doing it. There a lot of things that we have a right to do. That does not make it moral to do so. A woman has the right to have a baby dismembered in the womb and aborted  but does that make it moral?

This is the opposite of the example 2 posts above of why I said Oldbadger is so great on here.... You just tried to compare having an abortion to silently protesting. That is such a leap I just laughed. Stay on topic and people will listen I promise even if they disagree with you. Deflecting to another issue to try justifying or not justifying another action usually never makes any sense.

duecek

Quote from: beach bum on October 20, 2016, 04:19:05 pm
This is the opposite of the example 2 posts above of why I said Oldbadger is so great on here.... You just tried to compare having an abortion to silently protesting. That is such a leap I just laughed. Stay on topic and people will listen I promise even if they disagree with you. Deflecting to another issue to try justifying or not justifying another action usually never makes any sense.

Morality is involved in nearly every action you take and every decision you make. What are they protesting? Their home? Because this country is their home. The police? Who serve and protect them? Our military men and women who have died and made great sacrifices to defend our rights and freedom? Tell me what they are protesting please? People don't go to or watch football games to see this ridiculous attention grabbing stunt. If you have a problem with something vote people in that will work to help with your problems  and with the people in your communities. What is kneeling during the anthem or throwing up the black panther fist gonna do? NOTHING BUT MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A FOOL. It accomplishes NOTHING.

cuckoobird

I agree it does nothing to help a cause. I think if they really wanted to help there are ways to volunteer in the community to educate both sides. Maybe they should join in on the ride along program to better understand the foolishness that police officers see every day. Maybe they could volunteer at the local community clubs for boys and girls to educate them on respect for officers who don't know their intentions and give the kids encouragement that they can be successful in life no matter their situations. They can kneel all they want but it doesn't change anything on either side of the debate. Imho all they are doing is drawing attention to themselves but they have that right

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: beach bum on October 20, 2016, 04:13:15 pm
This post is why Oldbadger is one of the best on here and I think others agree. Heck, even other times when I have disagreed with him he has ways of getting his points across to hear his side and understand where he is coming from...... +1 to this and all his posts on the kneeling topics!

These are excellent examples, and thank you for your input and service as a teacher Oldbadger , as is my Wife , but I said take a life, only ones I can think of are military, Law enforcement, protection agencies ie secret service, FBI.....
I'm talking about leaving your family and may have to Make a split second decision to shoot or not shoot.

Oldbadger

Sorry, NEA, I see what you're saying now.  Unless you belong to one of those professions you mentioned, probably none of us who post fit your description.  I personally would hate to have to make that decision in today's law enforcement climate.  Female policeman last week hesitated to shoot when most policeman would have and she was beaten senseless, almost killed.  Needless to say, when she goes back on the street, she will err on the side of self-preservation.  Sad state of affairs.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 23, 2016, 02:30:52 pm
Sorry, NEA, I see what you're saying now.  Unless you belong to one of those professions you mentioned, probably none of us who post fit your description.  I personally would hate to have to make that decision in today's law enforcement climate.  Female policeman last week hesitated to shoot when most policeman would have and she was beaten senseless, almost killed.  Needless to say, when she goes back on the street, she will err on the side of self-preservation.  Sad state of affairs.

Yes , prayers go out to all our Law enforcement and Military, may they make the right call in a stressful and low paying profession ,not to mention the people they try to help or save may ambush and kill them.

AirWarren

I saw where some idiot kneeled during the national anthem while performing it for an NBA game.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas