• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any thoughts on the LR Parkview coaches kneeling during the anthem? Haven't seen this in 4A.

Started by Sigmund Sauer, October 11, 2016, 07:49:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigmund Sauer

SUGARTOWN

If the school districts allow it and are fine with it, so be it. It has nothing to do with the play on the field.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 11, 2016, 08:02:58 am
If the school districts allow it and are fine with it, so be it. It has nothing to do with the play on the field.

"LRSD's athletic director told Channel 7 News he had not been made aware of the situation until our inquiry."

These are not NFL players or coaches. These are men and women paid by tax dollars from parents of the children they coach. Paid by the government, the same one they are protesting against. Seems ignorant on many levels to choose that moment to protest.

AirWarren

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on October 11, 2016, 07:49:53 am
We saw prayer being attacked at Dover, now coaches protesting our flag in 5A.

http://katv.com/news/local/beebe-alum-says-lr-coaches-seen-taking-knee-during-national-anthem-need-to-apologize

I think it's garbage.

If those morons that knelt feel like they are set back or this country is against them, myself and many others would be happy to buy a plane ticket to their destination of choice. While they are kneeling, a US warship was nearly hit by rockets over the weekend near Yemen. I'm sure those soldiers in the Middle East would appreciate a couple of boneheads kneeling to the flag while they protect them so can coach on a grassy field.

This is what's wrong with society. Morons look up to idiots like kaepernick and not people of substance.

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on October 11, 2016, 08:07:25 am
I think it's garbage.

If those morons that knelt feel like they are set back or this country is against them, myself and many others would be happy to buy a plane ticket to their destination of choice. While they are kneeling, a US warship was nearly hit by rockets over the weekend near Yemen. I'm sure those soldiers in the Middle East would appreciate a couple of boneheads kneeling to the flag while they protect them so can coach on a grassy field.

This is what's wrong with society. Morons look up to idiots like kaepernick and not people of substance.

BINGO!!!!

SUGARTOWN

As I said, we're all at the mercy of our bosses, lol. If they tell them not to do it and they still do it then it's a problem. If people would stop making a big deal out of it this practice would probably go away anyway.

IMO, you can have respect for your country while still not agreeing with all aspects of it which is what I think this is.

AirWarren

Like many, there are multiple things I disagree with this country about. However, you won't catch me disrespecting our country or the men who fight for us.

SUGARTOWN

I think it's garbage.

So if you think something's wrong you just shut up and don't say or do anything?

This country was founded by people who felt they were treated unjustly. I'm not going to call someone a moron when I haven't sat in their shoes for one minute and have no idea what's in their head. Disagree with what they're doing? Sure, that's your right, but they have they have rights too.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on October 11, 2016, 08:13:52 am
Like many, there are multiple things I disagree with this country about. However, you won't catch me disrespecting our country or the men who fight for us.

You do know that many veterans support Kaepernick don't you? His right to do this is EXACTLY what they fought for...

Thread locked in...3....2...1....

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 11, 2016, 08:15:39 am
You do know that many veterans support Kaepernick don't you? His right to do this is EXACTLY what they fought for...

Thread locked in...3....2...1....

I think we can discuss this like adults, no reason to lock. Sugartown, I know teachers aren't allowed to pass their political agendas or beliefs, including religion onto their students in public schools. Therefore, I'm curious if these coaches can keep their jobs after this. Rules are different at tax supported institutions. Now, at a private school, they can protest as they please.

Gray lizard

Let them do as they please.  They are way past being oppressed in this Country.  They are now oppressing their own.  Get an education it will cost them nothing but desire and effort. Get a job and go to work.  Working people do not have the problems they feel are oppressing them.  Just take a look at all these people in the news involved in the shootings.  How many of them do you think have a job?

SUGARTOWN

Some could say that by NOT doing it you're passing on your political beliefs or agenda by "condoning" the issues that are being protested. Political beliefs or agendas are taught at every school, every day, they're just not so obvious.

I'm sure they'll probably be told not to do it and this will cause a big controversy which is what the purpose of it is anyway.

The cat's out of the bag now so to speak, no good remedy for this situation IMO.

Lacerta agilis

Kudos to the players for not following their coaches lead and standing for The National Anthem. Perhaps the coaching staff should put more effort into football rather than political issues with that 1-4 record.

AirWarren

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on October 11, 2016, 09:02:16 am
Kudos to the players for not following their coaches lead and standing for The National Anthem. Perhaps the coaching staff should put more effort into football rather than political issues with that 1-4 record.

Please. That's the problem with the LRSD. Focusing on "issues" and not the kids. They have a queen of "issues" to lead the "issue" focus on Pamela Smith.

green-eagle

What beef has this coach have against this country? Us, fans have our own beef..... it's called respect!

we do many things each day that we don't like, politically and personally, but we still DO IT out of respect.....for family, god, friends and country...

this man kneeling DOES NOTHING! if a million people kneel...still nothing! Quit paying your taxes! NOTHING! million people quit paying Taxes! NOTHING!

AirWarren

Quote from: green-eagle on October 11, 2016, 09:14:05 am
What beef has this coach have against this country? Us, fans have our own beef..... it's called respect!

we do many things each day that we don't like, politically and personally, but we still DO IT out of respect.....for family, god, friends and country...

this man kneeling DOES NOTHING! if a million people kneel...still nothing! Quit paying your taxes! NOTHING! million people quit paying Taxes! NOTHING!

Just a couple of idiots.

They needed to be at the corner of kanis after that young lady was shot multiple times the other night. Or when that young male was killed at the apartments behind bale chevrolet. Or at the multiple shootings in swlr over the weekend. Why not protest that? Instead you follow behind Colin kaepernick(who was raised by a well off white family) that's knows absolutely nothing about oppression. Went to the best schools, got an education at a good college, and is now making millions. Yeah, that screams oppressed. I'm sure he has a lot of knowledge about the parkview lifestyle and their mediocre coaching.

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on October 11, 2016, 09:02:16 am

This is the positive part of this whole negative situation. Often times players will do things they themselves don't believe in just to please their coaches. Even these young people had more values than the men who are supposed to be "leading" them. These payers are the leaders.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on October 11, 2016, 09:18:59 am
Just a couple of idiots.

They needed to be at the corner of kanis after that young lady was shot multiple times the other night. Or when that young male was killed at the apartments behind bale chevrolet. Or at the multiple shootings in swlr over the weekend. Why not protest that? Instead you follow behind Colin kaepernick(who was raised by a well off white family) that's knows absolutely nothing about oppression. Went to the best schools, got an education at a good college, and is now making millions. Yeah, that screams oppressed. I'm sure he has a lot of knowledge about the parkview lifestyle and their mediocre coaching.

Haven't heard the coaches say exactly what they were protesting, have you?

And you're making the biggest misconception about the Kaepernick protest. He never said HE was oppressed. That's not what he's protesting, he is: "protesting racial injustice in this country, particularly the killing of black men by police officers."

Just because he's a millionaire that doesn't mean that he can't see or comment on what he thinks is going on in this country. Heck, most of the politicians that we task to correct the ills of society are millionaires. Should they not comment either since "they're not oppressed"??

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 11, 2016, 09:39:57 am
Haven't heard the coaches say exactly what they were protesting, have you?

And you're making the biggest misconception about the Kaepernick protest. He never said HE was oppressed. That's not what he's protesting, he is: "protesting racial injustice in this country, particularly the killing of black men by police officers."

Just because he's a millionaire that doesn't mean that he can't see or comment on what he thinks is going on in this country. Heck, most of the politicians that we task to correct the ills of society are millionaires. Should they not comment either since "they're not oppressed"??

They don't have to say it. They know and you know good and well what they are doing.

Lion QB

IMO its disgraceful and disrespectful. Social media has many people blinded by the real truth and they only put out what they want people to see just to keep this country racially divided. These people that are kneeling need to look up the statistics on what there kneeling about. Floyd Mayweather I have more respect for than any athlete now. He said it best "ALL LIVES MATTER".       

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: AirWarren on October 11, 2016, 09:42:38 am
They don't have to say it. They know and you know good and well what they are doing.

Yes, they're protesting the cops killing innocent people.

Oldbadger

I heard that the Head Coach didn't kneel.  Someone correct me if that isn't right.  Also, I  hope nothing is done to these guys.  It would just blow this whole thing out of proportion and give the protesters what they want, which is; a diversion from their (as AW so astutely put it) mediocre coaching.  They better be glad they work in the LRSD, because I doubt any other would hire them after this. 

Lumberjackfan1978

I think it's garbage.

+1exactly what you said

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 11, 2016, 09:46:38 am
the cops for the most part or doing a good job they put their lives on the line every day they put their uniforms on to go out and protect you and me and everyone else

KREWSAWHEWSKI

WRONG!!!  They are protesting the killing of "black" people.  Statistics show that far more "black" people are killed by other "black" people.  We should all be concerned about "Americans" being killed.  But until the racial qualifiers are removed from our protests, coalitions, associations, charities, etc, then we will be fighting these same battles for years to come. 

Seems in the 60's there were a lot of protests to remove racial qualifiers from everything, but in the end it only "changed" what racial qualifiers are acceptable. 

ALL LIVES MATTER!!!  Especially the lives willingly given so that we can sleep safely at night and even willingly given so some (boneheads) can protest the National Anthem.  Protest some other way, please.

Lacerta agilis

"Innocent people" is the contentious part of the issue. No one believes innocent people should be killed by law enforcement.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: KREWSAWHEWSKI on October 11, 2016, 10:02:17 am
  ALL LIVES MATTER!!!  Especially the lives willingly given so that we can sleep safely at night and even willingly given so some (boneheads) can protest the National Anthem.  Protest some other way, please.

This is the main issue here. No one wants a violent protest, now, no one appears to want a silent protest either....what other way do you suggest they protest?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on October 11, 2016, 10:03:29 am
"Innocent people" is the contentious part of the issue. No one believes innocent people should be killed by law enforcement.

I also don't happen to think that petty criminals should be killed by law enforcement either. Very few crimes in this country deserve the death penalty and that's for a jury to decide.

OLDSCHOOL82

Its amazing how far our society has deteriorated in such a short amount of time. 

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 11, 2016, 10:09:48 am
This is the main issue here. No one wants a violent protest, now, no one appears to want a silent protest either....what other way do you suggest they protest?
I just don't understand how protesting a flag which was fought for by many black and white American equates to protesting police officers. This isn't just offensive to White veterans, but Black veterans, Asian veterans, Native American veterans, etc. The flag represents a nation, not just law enforcement.

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 11, 2016, 10:11:05 am
I also don't happen to think that petty criminals should be killed by law enforcement either. Very few crimes in this country deserve the death penalty and that's for a jury to decide.
I also don't happen to think that law enforcement should be killed by petty criminals either.

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 11, 2016, 10:09:48 am

Obviously a violent protest isn't the answer.  That will only lead to more unnecessary deaths, imprisonments etc.  I just don't like that this method of protest spits in the face of our military.  Maybe they have an organized protest that is within the laws.  Maybe they actually appeal to lawmakers for reform in the legal system.  Maybe they cry for EQUAL rights instead of special rights.  Maybe they respect police authority. 

If authority continues to be un-respected, then there will be more senseless killings.  We have to trust the system to decide guilty or not guilty.  If the system is broken, take the appropriate steps to fix it. 

LeftBench

The lack of perspective and understanding by some of you is pretty amazing. But, I don't expect much more, anyway. It's funny when y'all type in all caps to imply shouting, though. And one guy actually said he respects Floyd Mayweather as much as any athlete now. That's embarrassing to say.

AirWarren

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 11, 2016, 10:11:05 am

Noone is advocating a police officer deciding guilt or innocence.  That's not their intent either.  Their intent is to uphold the law.  Sometimes they are wrong, but if people cooperate they will not be shot.  Understandably, police officers are on high alert right now and that could lead to them making a mistake.  BUT if people will cooperate, then this will be unlikely to happen.

blueandwhite

Many of my friends who are currently active or are veterans see nothing wrong with people kneeling. They say that this is those individuals right. They fought for these people to have the right to do this.

The problem I have is that I am sure the schools have policies on teachers expressing their political views. If they allow this, then they need allow the English teacher to wear their Trump or Hillary pin in class.

FYI- I don't agree with the kneeling during the national anthem. I think it is disrespectful

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on October 11, 2016, 10:23:10 am
I also don't happen to think that law enforcement should be killed by petty criminals either.
you are so right if criminals would quit being criminals that would stop the killings police have a right to protect their selves to

Gray lizard

Lumberjackfan1978

It is so disrespectful to kneel during the national anthem, I don't agree with it

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Gray lizard on October 11, 2016, 10:46:19 am
Sugartown do you have a Hillary sign up in your yard?

Why do you say that? Because I want equality for all? That's in the pledge of allegiance "Liberty and Justice for All", but it's funny how you equate that with the Democrats.

KASH dba The Lumberjack

When criminals, petty or major, decide to points guns or objects that resemble firearms at police or other authority figures, they take the right to trial out of the equation. Peoples who serve and protect have the inherent right to protect themselves as well as the public they serve.
As a vet myself, I can't fathom not standing for the national anthem. I get tingly every time I hear it. It bothers me that people protest it but for us that would have given our lives for those people who don't stand or salute, we know deep down that what we would have died for is for them to be able to demonstrate and that's the country we defend. Freedom is what makes this country great and protesters are free to voice their opinions.
I don't agree with coaches kneeling because their checks come for the very government they are admonishing and that's hypocritical to me.

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on October 11, 2016, 11:14:19 am
When criminals, petty or major, decide to points guns or objects that resemble firearms at police or other authority figures, they take the right to trial out of the equation. Peoples who serve and protect have the inherent right to protect themselves as well as the public they serve.
As a vet myself, I can't fathom not standing for the national anthem. I get tingly every time I hear it. It bothers me that people protest it but for us that would have given our lives for those people who don't stand or salute, we know deep down that what we would have died for is for them to be able to demonstrate and that's the country we defend. Freedom is what makes this country great and protesters are free to voice their opinions.
I don't agree with coaches kneeling because their checks come for the very government they are admonishing and that's hypocritical to me.

Very well said.  Thanks for your service.

waltflanagansdog

The HC did not kneel. As stated on 5A board he was unaware of what they were doing. He's a former police officer.

Gray lizard

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 11, 2016, 11:04:37 am
Why do you say that? Because I want equality for all? That's in the pledge of allegiance "Liberty and Justice for All", but it's funny how you equate that with the Democrats.

Yes and I am considered a racist, because I do not think people that do not work and are not productive should not have the same rights as people who do.  I don't care what color people are I just want them to be productive.  It is the nonproductive people that are causing all the problems.  The Democrats work hard at keeping them that way.  They do that by taking from my productive family and giving to nonproductive no goods.  Then they hoop and holler because they don't have the things I have.

KREWSAWHEWSKI

Quote from: waltflanagansdog on October 11, 2016, 11:31:03 am
The HC did not kneel. As stated on 5A board he was unaware of what they were doing. He's a former police officer.

I trust that he will handle it then.  Those coaches are more than entitled to their opinions, but when it comes to what they do in front of the team, there is more responsibility there than wins & losses.

PiratePride03

PiratePride03

Gray lizard

Jack1990

How is this different than the coach in Washington who was fired for praying after the game.  Is that not expressing his personal views (political and religious views have already been mentioned above) the same as the coaches from Parkview? 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Gray lizard on October 11, 2016, 11:34:25 am
Yes and I am considered a racist, because I do not think people that do not work and are not productive should not have the same rights as people who do.  I don't care what color people are I just want them to be productive.  It is the nonproductive people that are causing all the problems.  The Democrats work hard at keeping them that way.  They do that by taking from my productive family and giving to nonproductive no goods.  Then they hoop and holler because they don't have the things I have.

Who said anything about people that don't work? That has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. But just to clarify, you don't like people that don't pay their fair share and just keep taking from the rest of us? I agree with you on that, and that sounds a lot like someone who's been in the news quit a bit the past year or so.  :D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas