• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-4a jugger not

Started by Gray lizard, October 10, 2016, 10:39:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

October 10, 2016, 10:39:30 am Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 11:31:35 am by Gray lizard
I think we all knew this might be a strange year for the 4-4A, but this is worse than I thought.

Boonville             2-1
Dover                 2-1
Dardanelle          2-1
Ozark                 2-1
Waldron              2-1
Pottsville             1-2
West Fork           1-2
Subiaco              0-3

Here is how I see it form here.
Subiaco wins no more games 0-7.
West Fork wins no more games 1-7
Ozark Wins 1 more game 3-5.
Waldron wins 1 more game 3-5
Pottsville wins 3 more games with a loss this week to Dover 4-4.
Booneville wins 3 more games with loss to Dardanelle 5-2.
Dardanelle wins 4 more games 6-1.
Dover wins 4 more games 6-1.

This will put Dover at the #1 spot. Dardanelle #2.  Booneville #3. Pottsville #4. and Ozark puts Waldron out for #5.

hillbilly

Bold prediction. You have Ozark losing to West Fork this week. Interesting!

OLDSCHOOL82

I don't see it falling out exactly as you.  But hey, you have your opinion.  Are you sure you meant to say Ozark would lose to west fork?  Don't really see that happening.  But, if it does, that place will completely implode.

Gray lizard

Quote from: hillbilly on October 10, 2016, 11:21:20 am
Bold prediction. You have Ozark losing to West Fork this week. Interesting!

No you are correct I missed that one.

Lacerta agilis

October 10, 2016, 11:31:20 am #4 Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 11:33:11 am by Lacerta agilis
I haven't got to watch every team yet, but it sure looks like outside of West Fork and Subi, any team can beat any team on any given Friday night. I wouldn't even attempt to predict how this thing will play out. And I'll book that West Fork over Ozark prediction. I'll even give points!

bulldoghistorian

No doubt tbp system will be used at the end of the year lol! Should be fun to try to figure this out!

TurfToe

It is indeed a gigantic mess with no clear conference powerhouse yet. I, too, agree that any team can win on any given Friday night, with the exception of West Fork and Subiaco.

As far as talent goes, it seems that most of the teams are very equal. The wins are coming from executing better and making less mistakes than the opponent. Ozark could easily be a one loss team right now without all of the mistakes. Missed extra point cost them the Gravette game. INT and blocked punt were the difference in the Booneville game. I am by no means saying Ozark is great, or even good, but they have been their own worst enemy so far this season.

Ozark could easily pull off some upsets, like Waldron did against Pottsville, but I just don't think they are as disciplined as a Coach May team.....Waldron at Booneville this week might clear some things up though. Should be an interesting game.

3 Dollar

Predictions on finishing???

Could be Lizards, Bearcats, Pirates, Hillbillies, Apaches or Bulldogs???

I'm gonna go with the following:

1...Dardanelle 6-1
2...Booneville 5-2 (Tiebreaker over Ozark)
3...Ozark 5-2
4...Pottsville 4-3 (Tiebreaker over Dover)
5...Dover 4-3
6...Waldron 3-4
7...West Fork 1-6
8...Subiaco 0-7

The #1 & #2 could easily flip after Week #8.  The Booneville @ Dardanelle game should be for all the marbles!

Gray lizard

Quote from: 3 Dollar on October 11, 2016, 12:33:03 pm

1...Dardanelle 6-1
3...Ozark 5-2
5...Dover 4-3
6...Waldron 3-4
7...West Fork 1-6
8...Subiaco 0-7

The #1 & #2 could easily flip after Week #8.  The Booneville @ Dardanelle game should be for all the marbles!

So you have Dover with losses to Pottsville and Ozark?
Are you aware of possible injury to running back and player ejection for Pottsville? 
If they don't have those two boys I just do not see a win Friday.

BlackandSilver

1...Dardanelle 6-1
3...Ozark 5-2
5...Dover 4-3
6...Waldron 3-4
7...West Fork 1-6
8...Subiaco 0-7

So you have Dover losing two more games. Who are those losses to?  Just curious.
By the way Dover plays the worst game of the year and loses by 7 and now everyone puts them at the 5th seed. Very interesting. Continue I find this amusing.

OLDSCHOOL82

1...Dardanelle 6-1
3...Ozark 5-2
5...Dover 4-3
6...Waldron 3-4
7...West Fork 1-6
8...Subiaco 0-7

Not exactly how I see it shaking out but many things can happen.  We will have a fairly clear picture after week 8. 

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: BlackandSilver on October 11, 2016, 12:51:50 pm
So you have Dover losing two more games. Who are those losses to?  Just curious.
By the way Dover plays the worst game of the year and loses by 7 and now everyone puts them at the 5th seed. Very interesting. Continue I find this amusing.
Unless I missed something, the only way his numbers work is Dover losing to Pottsville and Ozark.

The Coach

DARD played their worst game of the season vs Dover to allow Dover to beat them. It happens and the top 4-5 in this conference are all pretty close so Dover could easily lose another maybe 2.

3 Dollar

Just predictions!

Even those will change from week to week!

I am by no means an expert on predictions.  Why, just look at the pick 'em contests!

3 Dollar

Are you aware of possible injury to running back and player ejection for Pottsville? 
If they don't have those two boys I just do not see a win Friday.
[/quote]

Are you aware that this is high school football?

marine

I think Dover will finish strong and have a 6-1 conf record. The thing that worries me is i feel like Booneville can knock off Dardanelle. Which could lead to Booneville winning Conf. But those are just my thoughts.

OLDSCHOOL82

Don't let it worry you.  It's gonna be ok!!  That's the weird thing about this year without a team that is heads and tails above everyone in conference.

Lumberjackfan1978

I think Dover will still finish strong much better than a 5th seed

Redskin2015

1 dardnelle 6-1
2 Booneville  5-2 tie breaker over Pottsville. Loss too dardnelle
3 pottsville 5-2
4 Dover 4-3 tie breaker over Waldron. Losses too Pottsville and Waldron
5 waldron 4-3
6 ozark 3-4 rest of match ups not favorable for the hillbillies
7 west fork 1-6
8 subiaco academy 0-7

Gray lizard

October 13, 2016, 08:06:53 am #19 Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:10:18 am by Gray lizard
Quote from: Redskin2015 on October 13, 2016, 01:36:29 am
1 dardnelle 6-1
2 Booneville  5-2 tie breaker over Pottsville. Loss too dardnelle
3 pottsville 5-2
4 Dover 4-3 tie breaker over Waldron. Losses too Pottsville and Waldron
5 waldron 4-3
6 ozark 3-4 rest of match ups not favorable for the hillbillies
7 west fork 1-6
8 subiaco academy 0-7

Do not understand how tie brake works.  I would think Pottsville would be ahead of Booneville in this case. Due to head up loss to Pottsville.

PiratePride03

Lol he says Dover will lose to Pottsville and Waldron too,  but still has Dover ahead of Waldron.   

Redskin2015

Quote from: PiratePride03 on October 13, 2016, 08:09:25 am
Lol he says Dover will lose to Pottsville and Waldron too,  but still has Dover ahead of Waldron.
They're called tie breakers sir

Sigmund Sauer

October 13, 2016, 10:51:19 am #22 Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 11:25:36 am by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: Redskin2015 on October 13, 2016, 10:42:43 am
They're called tie breakers sir
But if Dover loses to Waldron, as you say (they wont) wouldn't the tie breaker go to Waldron, or does the victory over Dardy trump that?

PrivateLesson

All these high priced speculations!!!    Woooo.  lol

bulldoghistorian

If Pottsville and Booneville end up in a 2 team tie at the end of the year, Pottsville would be the higher seed since they beat Booneville  head to head.

bulldoghistorian

Same thing with Dover and Waldron. If they end up in a 2 team tie, the winner of that game would get the higher seed.

OLDSCHOOL82

October 13, 2016, 12:52:59 pm #26 Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 11:27:14 am by OLDSCHOOL82
Remaining 3 games for top 6 and my predictions. (OUT OF ORDER BUT ADJUSTED FROM LAST WEEKS POST)

Booneville
-@ Dardy, @ Westfork, Subi......3-0 in final 3.  GETTING STRONGER EACH WEEK.  HUGE GAME THIS WEEK.

Dover
-West fork, Waldron, @ Ozark.....3-0 in final 3. WALDRON AND OZARK COULD CAUSE THEM FITS.  DEPENDS ON IF THEY HAVE THROWN IN THE TOWEL.

Dardy
-Booneville, Ozark, @ Waldron.....2-1 in final 3.  LOSS TO BVL.

Ozark
-Pottsville, @ Dardy, Dover....0-3 in final 3.  TIED FOR 1ST AT THE MOMENT.  UNFORTUNATELY, NOW THEY HAVE THE HARD GAMES.

Waldron
-Subi, @ Dover, Dardy...... 1-2 in final 3. HOPE THEY CAN STIR UP SOME TROUBLE IN WEEK 9/10.

Pottsville
-@ Ozark, @Subi, Westfork...... 3-0 in final 3.  SMOOTH SAILING.  EVEN THOUGH SEVERAL HAVE THE HILLBILLIES PICKED.

Redskin2015

Quote from: Sigmund Sauer on October 13, 2016, 10:51:19 am
But if Dover loses to Waldron, as you say (they wont) wouldn't the tie breaker go to Waldron, or does the victory over Dardy trump that?
It'll come down to points and Dover will play the better teams such as Booneville etc. better than Waldron will

Lacerta agilis

Quote from: Redskin2015 on October 13, 2016, 01:09:24 pm
It'll come down to points and Dover will play the better teams such as Booneville etc. better than Waldron will
See bulldog's posts above. I think you still don't get it.

OLDSCHOOL82

^ I agree LA.  Tiebreakers aren't to difficult to figure out.

Redskin2015

That's not necessarily how it works out every time point systems come into play quite often in ties

Lacerta agilis

October 13, 2016, 01:25:02 pm #31 Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 01:27:50 pm by Lacerta agilis
Quote from: Redskin2015 on October 13, 2016, 01:22:54 pm
That's not necessarily how it works out every time point systems come into play quite often in ties
Not if it's 2 teams tied. You go by head to head. Period. Booneville is the only team that totally controls it's own destiny of being the #1 seed.

Redskin2015

Quote from: Lacerta agilis on October 13, 2016, 01:25:02 pm
Not if it's 2 teams tied. You go by head to head. Period. Booneville is the only team that totally controls it's destiny of #1 seed.
Ok I was not aware of that I had Waldron beating Dover and losing to dardnelle so I thought since Dover had beaten dardnelle it went to points in that case

PiratePride03

There's your problem right there.   Waldron has no chance in Dover.   Problem solved lol.  And Booneville is gonna have to play perfect and hope Dardy makes a few mistakes, to beat them lizards.  Possible,  but highly doubtful.

OLDSCHOOL82

^ Kind of like Waldron had no chance against Pottsville?  Weird things happen when highschool kids are involved.

PiratePride03

That's true.  I could be wrong,  but I just don't see a loss there.  Maybe Pottsville,  but hopefully not.

the green moose

The Moose counted 30 dressed out players for Ozark. Isn't that an unusually small team for Ozark?

Lacerta agilis

October 14, 2016, 10:29:12 pm #37 Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 10:45:43 pm by Lacerta agilis

1...Dardanelle 6-1
3...Ozark 5-2
5...Dover 4-3
6...Waldron 3-4
7...West Fork 1-6
8...Subiaco 0-7

Definitely could be. Booneville can sew it up with a W, Dardanelle would still have some work to do week 9 and 10 with a W.

beach bum

The loser of Waldron vs Dover is going to be the odd team out in the playoff picture.....

3 Dollar

[/quote]

Still amusing?

Lizard 47

OLDSCHOOL82

Remaining 3 games for top 6 and my predictions. (OUT OF ORDER BUT ADJUSTED FROM LAST WEEKS POST)

Booneville
-@ Dardy, @ Westfork, Subi......3-0 in final 3.  GETTING STRONGER EACH WEEK.  HUGE GAME THIS WEEK.

Dover
-West fork, Waldron, @ Ozark.....3-0 in final 3. WALDRON AND OZARK COULD CAUSE THEM FITS.  DEPENDS ON IF THEY HAVE THROWN IN THE TOWEL.

Dardy
-Booneville, Ozark, @ Waldron.....2-1 in final 3.  LOSS TO BVL.

Ozark
-Pottsville, @ Dardy, Dover....0-3 in final 3.  TIED FOR 1ST AT THE MOMENT.  UNFORTUNATELY, NOW THEY HAVE THE HARD GAMES.

Waldron
-Subi, @ Dover, Dardy...... 1-2 in final 3. HOPE THEY CAN STIR UP SOME TROUBLE IN WEEK 9/10.

Pottsville
-@ Ozark, @Subi, Westfork...... 3-0 in final 3.  SMOOTH SAILING.  EVEN THOUGH SEVERAL HAVE THE HILLBILLIES PICKED.

3 Dollar

Well, B&S!  Was just wondering if you still find this amusing?

StevenGlen

October 24, 2016, 10:31:18 am #43 Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 02:18:29 pm by StevenGlen
My Finish prediction:
1. Ozark at 6-1 (yes I'm picking Ozark for a road win at Dardanelle)
2. Dardanelle 5-2 (tie breaker over Booneville)
3. Booneville 5-2
4. Pottsville (tie breaker over Dover)
5. Dover (this assumes a home win over Waldron and road loss at Ozark)

I've got Waldron finishing 3-4 with losses at Dover and at home against Dardanelle. 

This finish could really be wild, and fun. 

WPWells

Well, it may turn out that Charleston beat the top two from this conference....

Jimbo Morphis

Lacerta agilis

A "jugger not" is a word that describes the top 6 teams in the 4-4A this year. We may not have any juggernauts, but we have 6 jugger nots.

TurfToe

Quote from: StevenGlen on October 24, 2016, 10:31:18 am
My Finish prediction:
1. Ozark at 6-1 (yes I'm picking Ozark for a road win at Dardanelle)
2. Dardanelle 5-2 (tie breaker over Booneville)
3. Booneville 5-2
4. Pottsville (tie breaker over Booneville)
5. Dover (this assumes a home win over Waldron and road loss at Ozark)

I've got Waldron finishing 3-4 with losses at Dover and at home against Dardanelle. 

This finish could really be wild, and fun.

Being a lifetime Hillbilly, I like these predictions! Gonna be a tough final 2 games for Ozark. Even as a Hillbilly, I'm going with a 1-1 finish for the final 2 games for Ozark. Seriously contemplating the drive to Dardanelle Friday evening.....

beach bum

Quote from: Fred Bird on October 24, 2016, 10:37:01 am
Well, it may turn out that Charleston beat the top two from this conference....

Word is from the hills of Mountain View that Charleston doesn't play anyone good though....

Gray lizard

Quote from: Oldman on October 24, 2016, 10:47:08 am
What is a jugger not?

It is a word made up by a Yell County boy with an Arkansas education to describe a mess.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas