• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Southside Batesville Historic Year?

Started by MynameisJeff, October 08, 2016, 02:06:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Do they make the playoffs?

Yes
No

MynameisJeff

The question is, will they finally punch there ticket to the playoffs this year? Sounds like they finally have a good defense.

The_Pioneer

Rabbittrax

I say their in playoffs, came into Lonoke well prepared & obviously watched film on Lonoke & learned their 4-5 plays offense runs & were ready. Lonoke's only score was on pic 6

Austin.Sutton

They definantly have a nice qb. Good size and speed, just need better receivers. They may make it to the second round this year!

Redskin2015

Probably not gonna make it past the first round but definitely make the playoffs

SouthernerPride

October 10, 2016, 09:33:45 pm #5 Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 09:36:15 pm by SouthernerPride
Through 6 weeks Southside is the only team in the 4A-2 to have still not give up 100 total points.

Depth is also a major key to our success this season.. it's the first time we've not had to play many kids both ways. That's huge when it comes late in the season and in close games.

We have a legit chance to win every one of our remaining games. If we keep playing the way we have been and stay healthy, we'll still make the play offs as a 4 seed or better and have a chance at the second round.

These kids are making history. They know it. They're proud of it. They play with a chip on their shoulders. They've tasted success and they're not going to give it up easily. Don't be surprised to see them pull off a few more wins this year. We are for real.

Go Southerners

PokeyRedskinStudentScout

I wouldn't mind seeing y'all in the playoffs just because I wanna see what the first ever Southside playoff team looks like. Good luck the rest of the year

mohawk

Would this be the first ever southside team to make the playoffs?

SouthernerPride

Quote from: mohawk on October 12, 2016, 09:02:43 pm
Would this be the first ever southside team to make the playoffs?
Yes, would be the first ever.

Lumberjackfan1978

MynameisJeff

Southside is slowly building success, just like mountain view. Both teams use to be very very weak. I strongly believe they have the talented kids.

Lumberjackfan1978

Good to see Southside having some success

RoadWarrior

Southside is slowly building yes....but where are they getting the bricks? Just look at their junior high program. Their  kids are as big or bigger than the senior high and I don't remember them being even remotely this big last year lol

SUGARTOWN

Southside has a good 3 year starting QB, that's the secret to their success this year.

LakeRat

Good to see the Southerners on the rise! Been a long, tough road...

Looking forward to the game against our Heber Springs Panthers!! Y'all are going to be tough at home!

SouthernerPride

October 14, 2016, 10:10:50 pm #15 Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 10:13:10 pm by SouthernerPride
Tough loss to CAC tonight.. very easily could have went our way.
Defense played great except 3 busted plays that all resulted in TD's.
Our play calling is very vanilla and a big reason why we've lost three games. Hope we can shore that up before next week or we'll give away another potential victory.

I couldn't be more proud of these kids. There isn't one ounce of quit in their bodies. They will be a tough out to any and every team the rest of the season!

Razorhummer

Southside is looking more impressive each week and went toe to toe with CAC. Heber Springs needs to be prepared going into Southside Friday night. Southside will be a team everyone needs to pay attention to with seasons ahead.

SouthernerPride

Southside continues to make history as they upset top seeded Heber Springs 24-20. Tonight's win marked the first time Southside has ever defeated Heber Springs, and also the Southerners first ever trip to the playoffs.

My hat goes off to the coaching staff and these kids. They are a special group for sure!

TBone70

Wow, what a turn around year for this bunch. Glad to hear they are doing well. Good luck with West Helena next week. Keep it rolling.

cuckoobird

SouthernerPride

The kind words are appreciated fellas.

In response to the earlier comment about how our 3rd year starting QB is the reason why we've seen so much success this year, I counter with this..

I said earlier in the season that not only depth, but quality depth is the reason behind our success this year.

Southside played the entire 2nd half tonight against Heber with the back-up Sophomore QB. Led 2 very long TD drives & threw 1 TD pass. When their name is called, the kids on this team step up. No matter if they are a senior or sophomore, to give our starters a break. All with little to no drop off of production. THAT is where our success has mostly stemmed from this year.

MDXPHD

Big win for south side. Probably the biggest in school history for them. I don't see them getting past the first round but making the playoffs is a big step for any program.

LakeRat

What a great game last night!! Hats off to the Southerners! Y'all executed very well and capitalized on some Heber weaknesses and poor execution. Good luck on the rest of the season and the playoffs!

Jacketman65

Did not see this one coming, but it is good to see this team finally enjoying some success!

TBone70

Quote from: Jacketman65 on October 22, 2016, 11:09:14 am
Did not see this one coming, but it is good to see this team finally enjoying some success!
I was wondering were you have been but I realized Clinton dropped down a class, hope all is well.

backwoods

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 14, 2016, 07:34:26 am
Southside has a good 3 year starting QB, that's the secret to their success this year.
God bless the QB but it starts with the line and takes EVERYONE ON THE TEAM!!!!!!!
I hope ya`ll go far  :) :) :) :) :)

HeberFan

Quote from: backwoods on October 22, 2016, 08:44:36 pm
God bless the QB but it starts with the line and takes EVERYONE ON THE TEAM!!!!!!!
I hope ya`ll go far  :) :) :) :) :)

The fact that Southside did just as well in the second half, with a sophomore quarterback, proves the line did a good job. Who thinks the Southerners play flat this week and lose?  No disrespect, but, I do. Hard to come off that big of an emotional victory and play well. This week will be about how well the coaches prepare the kids. If Southside is ahead at halftime, they should win.

cuckoobird

Heber came off of a rare win against the birds to beat cac the next week didn't they?

HeberFan

If you say so. Stuttgart just couldn't get going that night. Been a strange season for them. Thought the new coach would add consistency, but so far, it's been tough to keep. What do you think is the reason for the uneven performance ?

cuckoobird

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 27, 2016, 10:16:48 pm
The new coach
it may take him another year to get the birds going real good but aren't they in second place

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on October 27, 2016, 11:38:07 pm
it may take him another year to get the birds going real good but aren't they in second place

Tied for first actually.

The different offense was what led to the struggles in the first part of the season. Remember, the defense held Warren to 2 offensive TD's. Then injuries took a toll. The 1st and 2nd team RB's were hurt in the Heber game and missed the next game along with lineman and LB injuries.

They've all been at 100% the past 2 weeks and have played very well. Kudos to Coach Price for scrapping some things that weren't working in the first half of the season and adding some new things. They seem to be coming together now.

cuckoobird

Lumberjack I just meant the new systems the new coach has. I wasn't referencing him being bad

Lizard 47

That's right, that's a good coach right there. Dardy wishes him success. I have no doubt he will get the birds flying high.

FBfan79

Congrats to SS.  Nice to see up and coming programs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas