• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pea Ridge vs Prairie Grove

Started by beach bum, October 07, 2016, 11:54:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pridgehog

Quote from: Fred Bird on October 15, 2016, 04:56:15 pm
Booneville is a similar team. They don't have quite the same level of talent as PG, but they're definitely similar in their system
The same Booneville team the Pea Ridge was up42 to 0 on at half about a month ago?

beach bum

Quote from: pridgehog on October 17, 2016, 11:05:41 am
The same Booneville team the Pea Ridge was up42 to 0 on at half about a month ago?

It won't matter if Booneville's wins this Friday against Dardanelle and locks up the 1 seed from the 4-4A.... They have Subiaco and West Fork remaining after that so it will lock up the 1 seed for them. If that happens Booneville will end up getting just as far as Pea Ridge this postseason or even further. I could see Booneville maybe getting to the quarterfinals if they can win this Friday. So Pea Ridge's win over Booneville would become irrelevant.

$aintMaximu$

Anybody from PG have any insight on the Shiloh/PR match up?  I think it will be as close as last year....

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: pridgehog on October 17, 2016, 11:05:41 am

Atta way to not see a point! And it was 28-0 at half.

Stealthfan

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 17, 2016, 11:53:07 am
Anybody from PG have any insight on the Shiloh/PR match up?  I think it will be as close as last year....

I give the edge to SC this year.  PR has less to play for in this one because they are embarking on new territory as to how far they can go in the playoffs. They really have nothing to gain.  SC has a history of winning it all.  Whether SC plays N'ville 2nd round or in the finals it's all the same if they don't add a ring.   

Tigerdad2

If PR will consistently run the ball they'll be fine. If they get pass happy Shiloh will win

dukes424

Agreed PR to beat Shiloh the running game will have to be there and to make a run in the playoffs we have got to get Torres or Winn who both run low 4.5 out to receiver spot to take the double coverage off of Holtgrewe. They run a bit at Tailback but if not using them to run put em out wide as receiver.  Pg coaching staff picked upon what I'm talking about well which resulted in 21 defensive points. The Hawks I believe can run on anybody just have to get a passing attack to literally to take 9 out of the box. We need multiple looks to athletes and also throw to that huge tight end with great hands at least 5 - 8 times per game he is money if you throw it his way. Our qb can definitely perform I just think he needs options......

TIGER101

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on October 17, 2016, 11:53:07 am
Saito Max

I'm still a  little undecided on this one.  I would give the defensive advantage to PR but the offensive advantage to Shiloh.  Now, I thought Shiloh played the run against PG very well, pass not so much...  I don't know if PR just had a bad game or not against PG, but they looked very undisciplined.  Not bashing because I haven't seen them in many past 2016 games.  Just going off what I saw the other night. 

I say if both teams show up and play the same they did against PG then I give the edge to Shiloh.  PG just gave PR 14 points and I didn't see that against Shiloh.  Like I said, that is just if both teams show up and played the same game they did against PG.  BTW, I would have picked PR, before last Friday..

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: TIGER101 on October 17, 2016, 10:23:28 pm
Saito Max

I'm still a  little undecided on this one.  I would give the defensive advantage to PR but the offensive advantage to Shiloh.  Now, I thought Shiloh played the run against PG very well, pass not so much...  I don't know if PR just had a bad game or not against PG, but they looked very undisciplined.  Not bashing because I haven't seen them in many past 2016 games.  Just going off what I saw the other night. 

I say if both teams show up and play the same they did against PG then I give the edge to Shiloh.  PG just gave PR 14 points and I didn't see that against Shiloh.  Like I said, that is just if both teams show up and played the same game they did against PG.  BTW, I would have picked PR, before last Friday..

Shiloh had a bad game against PG, but you have to really give PG the credit for a lot of that.  Yeah I thought we did well shutting down the run (and that surprised me given our small size) against PG but the coach and team did well beating us in other ways... PG also shut Broc down, he wasn't a factor in the game.  I think that is key too...

beach bum

I would turn this into a JV for for the 3 seed here. Our 3 seed can make the semifinals if they hit their stride....

Tiger4Life2015

I am taking Shiloh over Pea Ridge by 8. I think Shiloh played a lot tougher PG team than Pea Ridge saw from them at their place. I think there is some bad blood between PG and Shiloh, plus being on the road in Shiloh's house really got PG ready for a war which never really happened. PG is by far the best team in the conference and Shiloh Pea Ridge are neck in neck for 2nd and 3rd. It will be interesting to see if Pea Ridge can hit a few big plays like PG did on Shiloh and also to see the 2 fastest teams in the conference going at it head to head. Shiloh is bigger and stronger, but Pea Ridge has the speed advantage slightly over them. I'll take size and strength over the speed which we've seen twice now with PG pulling big victories over both of them who are faster, plus Shiloh has just enough speed to play the edges and protect from the deep ball. Should be a heck of a game !

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Tiger4Life2015 on October 18, 2016, 12:27:24 pm
I am taking Shiloh over Pea Ridge by 8. I think Shiloh played a lot tougher PG team than Pea Ridge saw from them at their place. I think there is some bad blood between PG and Shiloh, plus being on the road in Shiloh's house really got PG ready for a war which never really happened. PG is by far the best team in the conference and Shiloh Pea Ridge are neck in neck for 2nd and 3rd. It will be interesting to see if Pea Ridge can hit a few big plays like PG did on Shiloh and also to see the 2 fastest teams in the conference going at it head to head. Shiloh is bigger and stronger, but Pea Ridge has the speed advantage slightly over them. I'll take size and strength over the speed which we've seen twice now with PG pulling big victories over both of them who are faster, plus Shiloh has just enough speed to play the edges and protect from the deep ball. Should be a heck of a game !

Yeah I am really just hoping for a good game... As beach bum indicated I can find the good in finishing 3rd in conference... You guys did have some big plays... Nice pass to Disney in stride for TD, QB has a nice 60+yard run for TD to name a couple that stand out.... 

SUGARTOWN

I have no dog in this fight but as I'm watching the game online now I got a chuckle out of the PG announcers on the Tigers interception of the screen pass in the 1st qtr. "There was no RB...", they, just like the refs, apparently didn't see him get tackled at the line of scrimmage.  :D

Ole Legend

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 18, 2016, 02:56:36 pm
I have no dog in this fight but as I'm watching the game online now I got a chuckle out of the PG announcers on the Tigers interception of the screen pass in the 1st qtr. "There was no RB...", they, just like the refs, apparently didn't see him get tackled at the line of scrimmage.  :D

I just went and watched that... Winn got drug down about 2 seconds before Sainsbury threw the pass. I was at the game and didn't even see that in real time!

dukes424

Yeah he told me about that play  I didn't see it either. The refs weren't the greatest but PR has had these discipline problems as far as penaltys all year. You can't have that many holds against a team like PG. No excuses sometimes good teams will force you commit error that's just the way it is. 101 stated they gave us 14 points , after watching the game again heck the Ridge gave them 21 points that just should not have happened either. Hey it's all good I think at least one of the top three in this conference has a chance at final four possibly further with a little luck and great play.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: dukes424 on October 18, 2016, 05:20:51 pm
Yeah he told me about that play  I didn't see it either. The refs weren't the greatest but PR has had these discipline problems as far as penaltys all year. You can't have that many holds against a team like PG. No excuses sometimes good teams will force you commit error that's just the way it is. 101 stated they gave us 14 points , after watching the game again heck the Ridge gave them 21 points that just should not have happened either. Hey it's all good I think at least one of the top three in this conference has a chance at final four possibly further with a little luck and great play.

Dukes I agree and think the 1-4A will represent well with PG being at the top very possibly going to the finals again...

TIGER101

Quote from: dukes424 on October 18, 2016, 05:20:51 pm

Dukes when I say give I am usually talking special teams.  That is where I got the 14 from.  In 4a there are some teams who might practice it more than others but it doesn't seem to high on most teams practice list.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas