• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pea Ridge vs Prairie Grove

Started by beach bum, October 07, 2016, 11:54:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

So much to play for here. The loser gets the honor of most likely being a top 5 or 6 team to only be bounced in the 2nd round by Nashville probably. The winner is in the driver's seat to hosting a semifinal game against Warren/Robinson as the favorite of that quadrant in the 4A playoff bracket. Unless the Tigers beat themselves I will take the Tigers by 2 TD's.... 35-21 Prairie Grove!

prHOG13

Pea Ridge has to take care of the ball and eliminate the 10+ penalty games they've been having to keep this one close. Winn will stay with Disney, and I'm sure Disney will get tasked with Holtgrewe defensively. PG has the home field advantage, and PR will need to play a perfect game to come out of there with a win. The front 7 for PR will have to take it to another level.  On the plus side, they should hopefully get everyone back next week. There have been 3-4 starters missing the last 3 weeks, particularly their best OL.

Pea Ridge has been working on some things in practice that I think they roll out for this one. However, I'll believe it when I see it.

Regardless, I'm excited for this one and think it'll be a great game.

WPWells

Dangggggg where is this one being played?

Ole Legend

Quote from: Fred Bird on October 08, 2016, 08:59:36 am
Dangggggg where is this one being played?

It's gonna be at Prarie Grove

Redskin2015

WPWells

rskyb33

Texas Death Match winner takes the belt!!!!!!!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LION Dad

Lumberjackfan1978

I think PG wins this one probably by 2 touchdowns

AirItOut21

PG owns this conference

PG 42
PR 21

dukes424

The Blackhawks have some key guys that will be back this week and I wouldn't doubt if the coaches play some our playmakers and key linemen both ways this week. I will say -
Blackhawks 33 Tigers 20.  Let's do this Blackhawks!

Tigerdad2

Quote from: dukes424 on October 09, 2016, 03:05:49 pm
The Blackhawks have some key guys that will be back this week and I wouldn't doubt if the coaches play some our playmakers and key linemen both ways this week. I will say -
Blackhawks 33 Tigers 20.  Let's do this Blackhawks!
It's 4a football , you should play your best players both ways
PG 42 PR 28

ISU7

SUGARTOWN

4A Game of the Year Part II. 

As Beach Bum mentioned, HUGE playoff implications here. I can't make a prediction as I haven't seen PR play, are any of their games available online?

livingwithcause

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 10, 2016, 09:18:05 am
4A Game of the Year Part II. 

As Beach Bum mentioned, HUGE playoff implications here. I can't make a prediction as I haven't seen PR play, are any of their games available online?

Did you mean you haven't watch PG play?  If so you can check out the PG vs Shiloh game here (we only keep the previous game active so you can't see the rest of the season till after the season is over).

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: livingwithcause on October 10, 2016, 09:40:58 am
Did you mean you haven't watch PG play?  If so you can check out the PG vs Shiloh game here (we only keep the previous game active so you can't see the rest of the season till after the season is over).

No, I've seen a little of PG online, haven't seen Pea Ridge.

livingwithcause

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 10, 2016, 10:16:10 am

Ah ok my bad.

OLDSCHOOL82

I suspect this to be a great game for the spectators!

prHOG13

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on October 10, 2016, 10:16:10 am
Here's the PR broadcast of the Gravette game:

http://esenetworks.com/videos.aspx?id=51330

SUGARTOWN

Youknowwhothisis

Pea Ridge is gonna need to start fast and limit penalties, its good to have back some key lineman in full health, Line play is gonna be key this week,as it almost always is, it should be a great game.

Cajun Hog

Ole Legend

Can't wait for this game! Definitely going to be one of the premier games in NWA this Friday night!

prHOG13

Some spectacular home cooking so far

TIGER101

Seriously? ?  Are you kidding me. ...

If PG doesn't have sophomores on special teams it would be 21-0...

Come on dude!!!

TIGER101

Thank the good Lord you have 14, because if not you would already be done...

We still have a game, and PR still has a chance only because of..

prHOG13

Quote from: TIGER101 on October 14, 2016, 08:03:38 pm

Come on dude!!!
That has nothing to do with officiating. No PI on the slant, face mask missed on the 3rd down run right before the blocked punt.

7 penalties for PR, only one on PG was from kicking it out of bounds.

TIGER101

7-1?

Stop committing penalties. ..
Listen you still have a chance to win this game, but only because PG has allowed you too!!!!!

Pea Ridge isn't near as good as I thought they were..

prHOG13

TIGER101

TIGER101

prHOG13

Some poor throws to the wrong side of the field. Disney is a good one

Hope we get our playmakers involved

TIGER101

Quote from: prHOG13 on October 14, 2016, 08:45:01 pm
Some poor throws to the wrong side of the field. Disney is a good one

Hope we get our playmakers involved

Prhog13

This is why I am trying to hold back and be respectable.....  this game has never been close...  ever!!!

prHOG13

Ok bud

Great performance in the 2nd half by the Tigers. We came out flat

prHOG13

October 14, 2016, 09:22:48 pm #34 Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 10:09:14 pm by prHOG13
Nm

Ole Legend

Quote from: TIGER101 on October 14, 2016, 08:03:38 pm

Come on dude!!!

Refs were pretty rough all night for Pea Ridge. Missed a big pass interference call in the middle of the field. Missed a bunch of holding calls, and called a few iffy holding calls.

PGTIGERS09

beach bum

October 14, 2016, 10:22:20 pm #37 Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:06:03 pm by beach bum
This will offend people when I say this because everyone wants to believe their team works hard, but I am about to tell you why I knew going into this season that Prairie Grove was going to go just as far as last year when people were writing them off..... I was visiting family and friends in PG this August when it was a Sunday night. What I noticed I knew this group of kids had the desire to win again. Its Sunday as the sun is going down and PG has 2-a-days the next morning like every team in the state. There were about 15 PG boys with their cars parked at the practice field with NO COACHES running routes and guarding each other and running. What is so astonishing is they all knew they had a 4 hour practice the next morning but were so hungry they were all there the night before practicing. That comes from a deep desire to be great. Driving by I looked at my better half and said "These boys will win conference and go back to the state championship" When she asked why I knew that I explained they were so hungry to win they were practicing on their own with a 4 hour practice looming in the morning. Yes, most all schools have a few kids that put in the work 365 days a year, but not 15 like I saw ON THEIR OWN. Everyone likes to think they work hard and some do, but football is a sport with 11 people on the field at one time and is the ultimate team sport. There is the reason PG is good on a regular basis. There is something amazing about that self desire to be great and a group of young men who obviously set out together to accomplish something great.

dukes424

Good game PG the new passing game looks pretty legit. Hawks keep your heads up and keep working your butts off and let's take this in an learn from it. I'm proud of you all...

prHOG13

Quote from: prHOG13 on October 08, 2016, 12:14:45 am
Pea Ridge has to take care of the ball and eliminate the 10+ penalty games they've been having to keep this one close. Winn will stay with Disney, and I'm sure Disney will get tasked with Holtgrewe defensively. PG has the home field advantage, and PR will need to play a perfect game to come out of there with a win. The front 7 for PR will have to take it to another level.  On the plus side, they should hopefully get everyone back next week. There have been 3-4 starters missing the last 3 weeks, particularly their best OL.

Pea Ridge has been working on some things in practice that I think they roll out for this one. However, I'll believe it when I see it.

Regardless, I'm excited for this one and think it'll be a great game.
Sadly we didn't take care of the ball or eliminate the 10+ penalties. I think the front 7 played pretty well for the most part, and PR picked off PG twice. Disney with two pick sixes were the back breakers. One before half that took away PR's shot to go into the half with a lead.

I thought PG was the more physical of the two teams. I personally feel like this OH team is better than last years team. Wish PR would have came with their A game, but credit to PG for not allowing that to happen. Best of luck the rest of the way, and congrats on the very likely 10-0 regular season. Hope we get a shot at seeing y'all again deep in the playoffs.

TIGER101

Note to PR,

You need to really think about this. Let me tell you what will happen. Shiloh will show up with 9 starters on IR that night. They will sacrifice that game to try and advanced in the playoffs by not having to play Nashville. With that said how will you approach that game?  Do you try and get 2 spot?  Or try to do what is best and advance?

TIGER101

Youknowwhothisis

Btw, I didn't know that they are allowed to throw a flag on the stands

dukes424

101 we will go out to win and let things play out. You know as well as I do after all these years anything can happen in the playoffs on any given night. If we face Nashy in round two - bring it on. Are they good - yes. Are they the favorites - yes . Can they be beat - yes. I mean the 3 seed definitely looks like an easier path but you just never know what will happen heck look at the second game Pg will more then likely have to face Ashdown which sounds like they are every bit as good as Nashville.

TIGER101

beach bum

October 15, 2016, 02:52:21 pm #45 Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 02:56:03 pm by beach bum
Quote from: TIGER101 on October 15, 2016, 02:48:28 pm
Could be true on Ashdown!!!

I am not scared of a team that barely beats a mediocre Monticello & Hope, then goes on to lose to Hamburg.... Where is that Ashdown poster been who kept saying PG wasn't that good all last year and said we got lucky last year?

TIGER101

Hard to compare when talking about conference games..

LJ06

Prairie Grove is a team that I would be concerned to face. Good, disciplined players that are implemented into an offensive system that is tough to stop when it is run as efficiently as the Tigers run it. Oh and they have a salty D once again too.

WPWells

Booneville is a similar team. They don't have quite the same level of talent as PG, but they're definitely similar in their system

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: LJ06 on October 15, 2016, 04:34:57 pm
Prairie Grove is a team that I would be concerned to face. Good, disciplined players that are implemented into an offensive system that is tough to stop when it is run as efficiently as the Tigers run it. Oh and they have a salty D once again too.

Very disciplined and execute to almost perfection...  This PG team will continue to do very well!!!  People should not take them lightly and it will be exciting to watch them in the playoffs again (once Shiloh was out I watched every PG game last season)....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas