• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bauxite

Started by Pick_DA_EAGLES, August 08, 2015, 05:27:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dayton Kitchens

AirWarren

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on October 17, 2016, 06:19:37 pm
Norphlet twice and Strong

Big "turnarounds" there.

Norphlet has no team. Strong was behind a man named Kenneth Dixon.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: AirWarren on October 17, 2016, 06:55:18 pm
Big "turnarounds" there.

Norphlet has no team. Strong was behind a man named Kenneth Dixon.

Norphlet has no team (and no school) due to enrollment issues.    Steele did a nice job making the program playoff viable again in 2005 while Means did the same five years later.

The Strong program revived while Kenneth Dixon was still in the 7th grade and only saw a Sr. high game from the bleachers.

cuckoobird

Aren't you the same guy who defended the waldron staff a couple years ago? I think you were wrong on that issue too

AirWarren

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 18, 2016, 12:51:25 pm
Aren't you the same guy who defended the waldron staff a couple years ago? I think you were wrong on that issue too

Yes. He is.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 18, 2016, 12:51:25 pm

I defended my best friend Coach Davis against unfair criticism

Lumberjackfan1978

cuckoobird

How is going 0-100 or whatever it was unfair criticism? He wasn't getting it done but the new coach has righted the ship

big lefty

Quote from: B.G.  :D :)link=topic=142457.msg3391197#msg3391197 date=1476674408
Wouldn't surprise me to see some players from other schools make it to Bauxite.
Agree

Pick_DA_EAGLES

This thread may make the f.f. hall of fame with over 12 pages and 30,000+ views. Lol

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 19, 2016, 08:36:19 am
How is going 0-100 or whatever it was unfair criticism? He wasn't getting it done but the new coach has righted the ship

He was getting massive criticism before he had coached a single game there.

cuckoobird

Apparently it was well deserved. He never won a game

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 20, 2016, 12:53:38 pm
Apparently it was well deserved. He never won a game

If I recall correctly that has been the fate of more than one head coach at Waldron.

cuckoobird

But not the fate of the coach that replaced him

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: cuckoobird on October 21, 2016, 04:08:18 pm
But not the fate of the coach that replaced him

I thought the coach that came after Shane Davis also went winless and it is the current one that has won some games?

cuckoobird

Maybe, that thread went on forever

BM22

Quote from: AirWarren on May 27, 2016, 10:11:13 am
Lots of excitement with this hire for bauxite people. Heard a couple of callers this morning say "we about to head back to the Watson years."
Yep, Heard this as well. Several Bauxite parents/fans said that the Miners would make the playoffs this year and would win the 7-4A in 2-3 years. Heck, some dads even said Patton and Bauxite would win a state title SOON. The koolaid was still flowing with Bauxite fans breaking out this seasons's new t-shirts that said "FEAR THE TRADITION" and sporting them at the Nashville game. Lol, Really? may be a little too early for that shirt.  Great seeing the confidence and optimism, but the annoying arrogance is a little too much. Oh well, I am sure reality has set in after going 0-10. Curious to see where this goes from here.

Reddie96

Quote from: BM22 on November 06, 2016, 01:13:25 pm
Yep, Heard this as well. Several Bauxite parents/fans said that the Miners would make the playoffs this year and would win the 7-4A in 2-3 years. Heck, some dads even said Patton and Bauxite would win a state title SOON. The koolaid was still flowing with Bauxite fans breaking out this seasons's new t-shirts that said "FEAR THE TRADITION" and sporting them at the Nashville game. Lol, Really? may be a little too early for that shirt.  Great seeing the confidence and optimism, but the annoying arrogance is a little too much. Oh well, I am sure reality has set in after going 0-10. Curious to see where this goes from here.
That certain quote about "Jimmy and Joes" is something a lot of these fans of  0-10 teams should remember.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BM22 on November 06, 2016, 01:13:25 pm

Atleast Prescott won atleast 1 game a year while he was there. Lol

purpleswag

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 06, 2016, 05:20:22 pm
Atleast Prescott won atleast 1 game a year while he was there. Lol

Doesn't count if you don't run the spread

purpleswag

To be honest though. If Patton sticks around I think next year will be significantly better than this year.

They may win a few and probably be competitive in most

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: purpleswag on November 06, 2016, 06:10:04 pm
Doesn't count if you don't run the spread

Lol, I guses you hAve a point.

scrapman

Quote from: purpleswag on November 06, 2016, 06:31:59 pm
To be honest though. If Patton sticks around I think next year will be significantly better than this year.

They may win a few and probably be competitive in most
Then none of pattons will count.  He is a single wing guy now 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas