• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best club ball team in state this year?

Started by IAFLAR7, March 08, 2016, 08:05:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IAFLAR7

Who is the best club ball team in state this year?

Someone in 17's since 18's tends to be watered down?

Vballfan

We will find out April 10 at the Delta Bid!  Ozark will likely be favored

moe99expedition

For now at least for 16's you would have to give it to Ozark Juniors. These girls are placing top 10 in major qualifiers.

moe99expedition

Quote from: Vballfan on March 08, 2016, 09:04:46 pm
We will find out April 10 at the Delta Bid!  Ozark will likely be favored

Maybe we will get a chance to meet this weekend?

Vballfan

April 10, 2016, 10:02:40 pm #4 Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 10:04:55 pm by Vballfan
There  was some great volleyball played in the 17 qualifier today.  The best 17 team goes to Ozark.

1. Ozark 17, won the national bid, great team. I believe they were 9-2 in sets on the day.  Split with Conway in pool play and won champ vs Conway 2-1. Congrats to this group, they really worked for it and made the plays they needed to win doss the uca libero commit is very, very good.

2. Conway 17, wins 17 American bid, went 7-5 on the day.  Won a tie breaker with Memphis to get in champ. Showed a lot of promise and at times controlled Ozark beating them handily in the two sets they won. Just came up short for the upset

3. Memphis Juniors - tough team went 5-4 on the day, this is the 75th ranked team nationally according to prep volleyball.com.  Big OH and great setter.

4. Fort Smith Juniors - Finished 2-6

5. Fatchmo, they did take a set from Conway finishing 1-7.

moe99expedition

Since Ozark Juniors 16 obtained an Open bid does their bid for Nationals go to another team?

Vballfan

Congrats on the open bid!   I would imagine whoever finished second bumps up to the 16 National bid and delta will offer the 16 American to the third place team, fourth place etc until someone takes it.

Conway Juniors 17 qualified for USA at Lonestar. I believe their 17 Americian bid will go unused by Delta based on what I have heard unless a team that didn't participate in the delta qualifier wanted it.

Good luck to All Delta teams traveling to Indy this summer!

moe99expedition

Congrats on the bid! Hope to see you in Indy.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas