• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vilonia vs Clarksville

Started by Vteagle, January 15, 2015, 08:21:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Vteagle

What can the Vilonia boys and girls expect when Clarksville come calling Friday night in Vtown?  Would appreciate any and all insight!  It seems to me that Clarksville is solid but not AS talented as previous years?

sevenof400

January 15, 2015, 12:09:36 pm #1 Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 12:13:05 pm by sevenof400
One very certain reality of this boys game is the loser is in some serious trouble in terms of making the state playoffs. On the girls side, logic suggests a Vilonia win, so a 3-0 start for the Lady Eagles is a likely outcome. 

Overall, with the changes to the conference members this year, the season outlook is still a bit of a blur.

Go Postal

Since this is in Vilonia...
If this was football:  Canaries will fly.
If this was soccer:  Eagles play in the East.  Nuff said.
If this was baseball:  Eagles will check and see if you are a private school.
If this was track and field:  Forget about it, you have no hope.
But since this is about basketball:  The Banshees will shriek with their whistles on the ticky-tacky fouls for either team.  Vilonia, home advantage.

LOL!!!

But seriously, Clarksville has lost some great players over the years, but still has talent and Vilonia has "those" giants and talent.

I'm going with our "Old West" rival, Vtown pulling a win on their home court.

Vteagle

I agree, loser of this game will be hard pressed to make the playoffs!  I think Vilonia got the two toughest conf foes out of the way for the first time thru!  Can't wait to hear how Silas Husky does against Maumelle!

Doggone

Two W's for Vtown. But if the boys are off a bit, they'll have to work for it.

sevenof400

Some pretty interesting talking points in the boys game (on both sides) especially with the swings of momentum.  The one decision that was most perplexing was Clarksville's decision to pull some time off the clock at the beginning of the 4th quarter when they really had momentum on their side at the end of the third quarter.  Clarksville never really looked like the team they were during the first three quarters of this game.  Clarksville's conditioning may have had something to do with this as they did appear to be tiring in the 4th but foul trouble contributed to this problem as well. 

Clarksville's #2 rained down 3's from NBA range this evening throughout the first half but did not really get his shot off with the  open looks in the second half that he found in the first half. 

Vteagle

Vilonia ran their offense thru the bigs and then did get some timely 3's in the 4th qtr.  The difference is when Vilonia went to a man to man.....#2 was no longer able to shoot uncontested 3's!  Clarksville only scored 8 points in the 4th qtr once Vilonia went man to man, Vilonia scored 24 4th qtr points!  That was huge!

sevenof400

Quote from: Vteagle on January 17, 2015, 06:47:28 am
Vilonia ran their offense thru the bigs and then did get some timely 3's in the 4th qtr.

In the understatement of the day, Garrett Brown was huge last night.  He has definitely improved from last year in many ways but one aspect I have noticed this year is his effective range around the rim has markedly expanded.  Even at that, I think the best predictor of success for Vilonia's season this year will be the development of the other bigs - if they can bring something to the table that compliments Brown, that would be huge.  That really hasn't happened yet. 

cantbeataeagle

I was  sitting behind boys bench and it looks like they finally have woke up. You are right our other big's  need to get going.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas