• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Discuss the 5A West Games of 1/9 here!

Started by sevenof400, January 07, 2015, 08:38:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Harrison @ Vilonia
Farmington @ Maumelle
Greenbrier @ Morrilton
Clarksville @ LR Christian

A  lot of unknowns about to be addressed come Friday.  On the boys side, the most attractive matchup has to be Farmington @ Maumelle while on the girls side I would have to be a bit of a homer and say Harrison @ Vilonia. 

SnakeInTheGrass

Slipped over from Clarksville watched the ole Gobs last night beat Russellville 56-52. I think they will be one to beat in the 5A West. Boys that is no girls game there last night heard ome of their fans say they were somewhere else. Ready for the battle's to start.

Hogskin

Harrison better be ready Vilonia is. 6'6, 6'7, and a 6'9  D1 soph swingman who plays AAU ball with AR Wings Elite. The Soph is a double double waiting to happen everynight if given the opportunity

Jock

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 07, 2015, 08:38:35 am
Harrison @ Vilonia
Farmington @ Maumelle
Greenbrier @ Morrilton

A  lot of unknowns about to be addressed come Friday.  On the boys side, the most attractive matchup has to be Farmington @ Maumelle while on the girls side I would have to be a bit of a homer and say Harrison @ Vilonia.

My predictions(boys):
~Gobs over Vtown, pulling away in 4th quarter
~Maumelle over Farmtown, should be a fun matchup
~DDogs over Greenbriar.  Gbriar's big 44 will have a good showing, but Motown's quickness will be too much in the end
~Clarksville over LRCA, but this could go either way. Christian VERY young

GB5Hoops

Boys:
Vilonia
Maumelle
Greenbrier
Clarksville

Girls:
Harrison
Farmington
Greenbrier
LR Christian

MDXPHD

Quote from: Hogskin on January 07, 2015, 04:25:01 pm
Harrison better be ready Vilonia is. 6'6, 6'7, and a 6'9  D1 soph swingman who plays AAU ball with AR Wings Elite. The Soph is a double double waiting to happen everynight if given the opportunity

Vilonia struggled against Batesville..

Go Postal

Harrison @ Vilonia
Farmington @ Maumelle
Greenbrier @ Morrilton

Harrison @ Vilonia:  Harrison boys. Old West rivals, but might go to Vilonia with their height and @ Vilonia.
Harrison @ Vilonia:  Harrison girls, they bring back a lot of good players.
Farmington @ Maumelle:  Boys, I have no clue what these new West teams can bring to the table, yet.  I will go with Maumelle boys home court advantage.
Farmington @ Maumelle:  Girls, the same response as above, but Farmington girls could pull this one out on a away game.
Greenbrier @ Morrilton:  Boys, another two old West rivals.  This game could go either way.  Morrilton with their speed and home court advantage.
Greenbrier @ Morrilton:  Girls, I think that Greenbrier could pull an upset, but I will go with Morrilton on home court advantage.
Clarksville @ LR Christian:  Boys, I think that Clarksville experience will pull this out even though they lost a lot of starters last year.  But Christian could pull this out and it would be a great boost to their program.
Clarksville @ LR Christian:  Girls, LRCA.  They play hard in those other sports and have home court advantage.

Go Postal

Quote from: MDXPHD on January 07, 2015, 10:07:06 pm

Vilonia struggled against Batesville..
Of course this upcoming game will be at Vilonia. ;)

sevenof400

Inquiring minds want to know......

Will the Goblin baseball team be making the trip?

WPWells

Is there going to be some sort of 5A West pick'em like there's been in the past?

Go Postal

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 08, 2015, 12:07:12 pm

Not sure seven, but if I was retired right now, I would personally drive them there.  You and I have always enjoyed their antics no matter what the outcome of the game was for either team.  I love these "Old West" team's rivalries.  I hope that Farmington, LRCA and Maumelle are ready for our student section when they come to the "Spook House". ;)

Go Postal

Quote from: SnakeInTheGrass on January 07, 2015, 03:37:07 pm
Slipped over from Clarksville watched the ole Gobs last night beat Russellville 56-52. I think they will be one to beat in the 5A West. Boys that is no girls game there last night heard some of their fans say they were somewhere else. Ready for the battle's to start.
They were in Hattieville playing Wonderview.  Lady Goblins won 49-47.

Eagle20

Has the kid grown that much.  Walked by him at an AAU event this summer and he seemed to be b/n 6'5" and 6'6". 

Vteagle

The soph from Vtown is a legit 6-7!!! He is not 6-9, he only looks 6-9 to short people😎

Hoophawg

lol why wouldn't he be given the opportunity?

InfamousTruth

January 09, 2015, 10:05:56 am #15 Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 10:07:41 am by InfamousTruth
Harrison @ Vilonia
Farmington @ Maumelle
Greenbrier @ Morrilton

on the boys side the best match up to me is Harrison @ Vilonia.

Gobs on the road over Vilonia in a tough opening round game.
Quick, athletic and home court gives Maumelle a win over Farmington
Size and shooting of Greenbrier over speed of Morrilton
Young and athletic LRCA squad finds their rythem tonight and beats Clarksville

sevenof400

Quote from: Go Postal on January 08, 2015, 08:11:13 pm
Quote from: sevenof400 on January 08, 2015, 12:07:12 pm

Not sure seven, but if I was retired right now, I would personally drive them there.  You and I have always enjoyed their antics no matter what the outcome of the game was for either team.  I love these "Old West" team's rivalries.  I hope that Farmington, LRCA and Maumelle are ready for our student section when they come to the "Spook House". ;)

I'll actually miss them if they (the Goblin baseball team) doesn't come.  They certainly livened up the joint to be sure. 

On a more serious note, it is nice when students (are allowed to) display some school spirit.  It reminds us of a time when a high school was much more connected within than it is these days. 

Now can we get an appearance from Drama Mama?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas