• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching Openings 2015

Started by epotts, March 10, 2015, 02:05:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

epotts

Current List (updated 4/14/15) according to AAA website and other posters.

BOYS:

Rural Special(coach girls and boys both)-
Lamar- Hired
Midland-
Greene County Tech- Brian Martin
Marmaduke- Justin Ward
Genoa Central-
Ridgefield Christian(not sure if girls or boys job)-
Truman-
Greenwood-
Armorel-
Cossatot River

GIRLS:
Piggot- Hired
Hampton-
Brookland- Jason Smith
Manila-
Cross County- Hired
DeWitt-
Nettleton-

redrider30

The Greyhounds are proud to have Coach Ward coming back home. He should bring some much needed energy back to the Marmaduke boys program. Looking forward watching him try to rebuild the boys program.

sampdawg

Lifetime Hound

Quote from: redrider30 on April 13, 2015, 02:19:05 pm
You have to get them to senior high before they can win in senior high. His younger players when he was at Marmaduke ended up beating Marmaduke because they played for Rector when they were older. A lot of others and a lot of great kids from great families quit all together. Some 4.0 + students who were good players because they liked to study more than play basketball. The 24/7 365 coach is the perfect description of him. Very few kids can play 48-50 weeks a year and if he's your senior high coach that is just what it is with no compromises. If you can't do it he will recruit players from other schools to replace you. He is and always will be (the grass is always greener on the other side) guy. Oh and you can forget playing volleyball, softball or track or any other sport. If you hire him you'll love him the first few years and then good luck. He is however one of the best coaches anywhere at teaching young kids fundamentals of the game. If you want him for his daughters you had better wait until the are a little older because they will be playing for another school before they graduate. Don't just take my word for it research his record everywhere he's been. Best thing he did at Marmaduke was to bring Coach Smith over here, we will be forever grateful for that, because we wouldn't have won the state without him and his leadership over the years.

Red Rider, This Coach Smith you seem to think so highly of..........................Is this the same Coach Smith that the self-proclaimed Royal Family of Marmaduke made move off their property after a heated dispute over the amount of playing time their Princess was receiving as a Sophomore? Is this the same Coach Smith that the self-proclaimed Royal Family of Marmaduke leveled false allegations of an affair against in hopes he would be fired? Is this the same Coach Smith with a leadership style that so upset a member of the self-proclaimed Royal Family of Marmaduke that he quit his elementary coaching job and sent his resignation letter to the Daily Press?  Just wondering. You seem to have a much better opinion of him than they do.

Head Lion

When did they get a "Royalty" in Marmaduke?😳😳😳

coach_r

April 14, 2015, 10:41:07 pm #105 Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 10:46:54 pm by coach_r
Quote from: Head Lion on April 14, 2015, 01:37:50 pm
Manila should announce on the girls opening within 36-48 hours. I would venture to say, there will be some VERY surprised people. We had 3 candidates who have won state championships, really surprised me with talent level that is going to be down for a few years. A 12 month contract & $5k stipend don't hurt though.
Got me to thinking who has won a State Championship (in the area) who would have applied. So my guesses are the following, don't know all their names so I'll just list the schools:
Marmaduke- talent starting to run low, may be looking to get out now.
Riverview - who knows, nothing suprizes me anymore
Paragould - great run, not sure what he has coming back
Mt. View - won in 2011, looking for a new scenery?
Calico Rock - won in 2011, same as above?

So my guess is one of these 5? Plus Manila prolly pays as much if not more than all these schools.

redrider30

April 15, 2015, 08:35:33 am #106 Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 08:55:14 am by redrider30
You obviously don't know much about Marmaduke. The Royal family in Marmaduke is a former supt and his family, not the one you are talking about. I guess from what I've witnessed here the former elementary coach that you mentioned since that time I've saw them coaching together many times over the past few years including the last few weeks, so apparently they have put all that behind them and seem to me to be pretty close friends. I know both of them and they both worked hard to get to the same goal and had some disagreements along the way but they did achieve their goal which has been all of ours here at Marmaduke for many years. Knowing both of them and considering both of them friends, I know both of them have put the past in the past and both of them are working toward more state championships for Marmaduke. If you don't believe that just open your eyes and watch what they are this spring and summer. 

HowlKing1721

April 15, 2015, 12:09:40 pm #107 Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 01:22:37 pm by HowlKing1721
Does anyone know who Cross County hired?

epotts

April 15, 2015, 02:00:39 pm #108 Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 01:54:02 pm by epotts
Current List (updated 4/19/15) according to AAA website and other posters.

BOYS:

Lamar- Kevin Kyzer
Midland-
Marmaduke- Justin Ward
Genoa Central-
Truman-
Greenwood-
Armorel-
Cossatot River

GIRLS:
Piggot- Filled
Hampton-
Brookland-
Manila-
Cross County- Filled
DeWitt-

Lifetime Hound

Quote from: redrider30 on April 15, 2015, 08:35:33 am
You obviously don't know much about Marmaduke. The Royal family in Marmaduke is a former supt and his family, not the one you are talking about. I guess from what I've witnessed here the former elementary coach that you mentioned since that time I've saw them coaching together many times over the past few years including the last few weeks, so apparently they have put all that behind them and seem to me to be pretty close friends. I know both of them and they both worked hard to get to the same goal and had some disagreements along the way but they did achieve their goal which has been all of ours here at Marmaduke for many years. Knowing both of them and considering both of them friends, I know both of them have put the past in the past and both of them are working toward more state championships for Marmaduke. If you don't believe that just open your eyes and watch what they are this spring and summer.

This former Supt. you speak of...............Is this the same Supt. that the Patriarch of the self proclaimed Royal Family stopped speaking to after the former Supt. supported his son-in-law for the School Board instead of the Patriarch of the self proclaimed Royal Family? Is this the same Supt. that got the Patriarch and his son a job with the housing authority and the Patriarch's daughter-in-law a job at the school?

I know quite a bit about Marmaduke, but it does seem like you know more about these specific incidents than I do.  It's almost like you have first hand knowledge. LOL

coach_r

Just read where Palestine-Wheatly Girls just hired Erica Smith-Taylor. She was one of the best girls to ever come out of Arkansas.

Moonshiner

Quote from: coach_r on April 15, 2015, 09:19:53 pm
Just read where Palestine-Wheatly Girls just hired Erica Smith-Taylor. She was one of the best girls to ever come out of Arkansas.

Isn't she the wife of Jermaine Taylor?

4real

Quote from: Moonshiner on April 16, 2015, 09:18:14 am
I think "was" would be the correct use of the past tense.  Pretty sure she had enough of his insanity.

Moonshiner

Head Lion

Manila hires Sammi Fowler, former BIC player, as head girls coach.

Basketballfan13

Very interesting...hired the young lady with no head coaching experience over the 3 coaches who have won state championships?? But she is a fowler and I'm sure she will do great. Sometimes hiring experience isn't the beat option. I think she will be a good fit there

BoxNOne

Quote from: Head Lion on April 16, 2015, 10:32:11 pm
Manila hires Sammi Fowler, former BIC player, as head girls coach.

Head Lion, count me as one of those that is very surprised by this hire LOL.

4real

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on April 16, 2015, 10:42:25 pm
Very interesting...hired the young lady with no head coaching experience over the 3 coaches who have won state championships?? But she is a fowler and I'm sure she will do great. Sometimes hiring experience isn't the beat option. I think she will be a good fit there
Just because they interviewed folks with great resumes doesn't mean those folks were genuinely excited to take the job.  She may have had the most passion for embracing the situation.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Good Luck Coach Fowler!!!   

basketballjones

Woodland and Ramay 8th Grade Jobs are open and didn't know how much interest that would draw from lower level high school head coaches. Have heard some other smaller schools in NWA may be available in the next few weeks but those are just ramblings.

stAteguy

Heard from a reliable source that Jason Smith has decided to STAY AT NETTLETON. So this re-opens the Brookland job.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: stAteguy on April 18, 2015, 08:36:32 pm
Heard from a reliable source that Jason Smith has decided to STAY AT NETTLETON. So this re-opens the Brookland job.

Thanks for the update

epotts

April 19, 2015, 01:54:13 pm #122 Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 01:56:40 pm by epotts
Quote from: epotts on April 15, 2015, 02:00:39 pm
Current List (updated 4/19/15) according to AAA website and other posters.

BOYS:

Lamar- Kevin Kyzer
Midland-
Marmaduke- Justin Ward
Genoa Central-
Truman-
Greenwood-
Armorel-
Cossatot River

GIRLS:
Piggot- Filled
Hampton-
Brookland-
Manila- Sammi Fowler
Cross County- Filled
DeWitt-
Palestine-Wheatly- Erica Smith-Taylor

NEAbball12

Any word on Osceola high school boys coach retiring?  Heard Frankie might be hanging it up after this year.

Rulesman

Quote from: NEAbball12 on April 20, 2015, 11:42:29 am
Any word on Osceola high school boys coach retiring?  Heard Frankie might be hanging it up after this year.
He's been around forever. Great guy, too!

coach_r

I heard the same thing several weeks ago. Their Junior High Boys coach was going to take over the Sr. High

Head Lion

Quote from: bbfan89 on April 11, 2015, 01:53:51 pm
Colossal mistake on the part of Brookland administration.  Parents will not go for the screaming and belittling of players on a regular basis.  Nettleton had apathy toward their program and parents didn't care and there was very little fan support.  So, he didn't encounter a lot of negativity from parents because they didn't care anyway.  But, Brookland whose fans are extremely invested will not be happy when Smith throws one of his classic fits.  People seem to have a short memory of the things he did at Valley View that led to his departure.   I, too, believe they have lost a driving force behind their program.  Smith expects to step right in and reap the benefits of all of Hoffman's hard work.  But, somebody else will be glad to give Hoffman an opportunity to run their program.   What must the Brookland administration have been thinking.  All Jason Smith ever won was a few NEA tournament titles because he always had the largest classification school in the tournament.  Not an accomplishment!  He is just running from a conference he knows he can't win.
pretty harsh review of a sucessful coach, who truly cares about his players? I would have loved for my daughter to have played for a coach with the passion & character of Coach Smith.

bluegrassboy75

Bruno-Pyatt has hired Bobby Howard to coach all four teams. This opens up Wynne Sr Girls.

OB11

Quote from: Rulesman on April 20, 2015, 01:10:30 pm
Quote from: NEAbball12 on April 20, 2015, 11:42:29 am
He's been around forever. Great guy, too!

3-3A is going to look a little different next year with Osceola and Rivercrest getting new coaches.

Rocket23

Quote from: Moonshiner on April 16, 2015, 09:18:14 am

That's her, but it's ex-wife.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on April 20, 2015, 11:42:19 pm
Bruno-Pyatt has hired Bobby Howard to coach all four teams. This opens up Wynne Sr Girls.
'
Wait what....Guy left a 5A position to take on coaching at a 1A school and coaching all 4 teams....Hometown guy or what?

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: HF on April 21, 2015, 10:17:29 pm
'
Wait what....Guy left a 5A position to take on coaching at a 1A school and coaching all 4 teams....Hometown guy or what?

Yes, his house is just a few minutes away from the school. Has always coached at schools in the area until this year.

epotts

April 22, 2015, 08:31:39 am #132 Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:47:26 am by epotts
Current List (updated 4/22/15) according to AAA website and other posters.

BOYS:

Lamar- Kevin Kyzer
Midland-
Marmaduke- Justin Ward
Genoa Central-
Truman-
Greenwood-
Armorel-
Cossatot River-
Bruno Pyatt- Bobby Howard

GIRLS:
Piggot- Filled
Hampton-
Brookland-
Manila- Sammi Fowler
Cross County- Filled
DeWitt-
Bruno-Pyatt- Bobby Howard
Wynne-
Alma-

Eagle20

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on April 21, 2015, 11:06:42 pm
Quote from: HF on April 21, 2015, 10:17:29 pm
'
Coaching jobs are not all about the classification.  A lot of factors determine how good a job is!

Yes, his house is just a few minutes away from the school. Has always coached at schools in the area until this year.

HorseFeathers

The decision to go to Bruno-Pyatt must be a get back home decision....Cause even if it's not about classes you can bet it was a pay cut...

HoopsFan

Not very many jobs open this year compared to last year at this time, and not many good ones either!

Brooklamd girls may be the best one so far!

Greenwood is a large school, but can they win and what are there expectations??

4real

Quote from: HoopsFan on April 23, 2015, 11:46:07 am
Not very many jobs open this year compared to last year at this time, and not many good ones either!

Brookland may be a good job, but its kind of scary for interested coaches when somebody backs out after being offered the job and accepting! 

HorseFeathers

mount vernon-enola girls is open

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: 4real on April 23, 2015, 12:56:14 pm
Quote from: HoopsFan on April 23, 2015, 11:46:07 am

Brookland may be a good job, but its kind of scary for interested coaches when somebody backs out after being offered the job and accepting!

Heard Nettleton gave him a raise to stay

epotts

Current List (updated 4/22/15) according to AAA website and other posters.

BOYS:

Lamar- Kevin Kyzer
Midland-
Marmaduke- Justin Ward
Genoa Central-
Truman-
Greenwood-
Armorel-
Cossatot River-
Bruno Pyatt- Bobby Howard

GIRLS:
Piggot- Filled
Hampton-
Brookland-
Manila- Sammi Fowler
Cross County- Filled
DeWitt-
Bruno-Pyatt- Bobby Howard
Wynne-
Alma-
Mount Vernon-Enola-

Eagle20

Quote from: HF on April 22, 2015, 07:43:04 pm
The decision to go to Bruno-Pyatt must be a get back home decision....Cause even if it's not about classes you can bet it was a pay cut...
Coaching all four teams might get him close to what he was making.

4real

Quote from: Eagle20 on April 24, 2015, 11:17:44 am
I doubt that.  The B-P principal probably doesn't make what he made at Wynne.

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: 4real on April 27, 2015, 09:55:51 am

I do not know this to be true...just speculation on my part.  It has been hard to keep a team (especially girls) fielded for the three Ozark Mountain Schools (Western Grove, B-P, & St. Joe), so I'm thinking maybe one year coaching all four then they will combine basketball as Ozark Mountain like they have all other sports.  Again, this is just my thoughts and nothing anyone has told me.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on April 27, 2015, 01:31:47 pm
Quote from: 4real on April 27, 2015, 09:55:51 am

I do not know this to be true...just speculation on my part.  It has been hard to keep a team (especially girls) fielded for the three Ozark Mountain Schools (Western Grove, B-P, & St. Joe), so I'm thinking maybe one year coaching all four then they will combine basketball as Ozark Mountain like they have all other sports.  Again, this is just my thoughts and nothing anyone has told me.

Western Grove Boys have been respectable the past couple seasons...But the rest not so much.

coach_r

April 28, 2015, 10:42:58 am #144 Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 10:45:09 am by coach_r
Pretty sure Brookland hired their Jr. High Coach. Coach Baltz and also hired a new new jr high girls coach.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: coach_r on April 28, 2015, 10:42:58 am
Pretty sure Brookland hired their Jr. High Coach. Coach Baltz and also hired a new new jr high girls coach.

You are correct, the girls were told this morning
Angie Ellis is the new Jr Girls coach

coach_r

Is Coach Ellis NEW? Don't know that name. Has she coached before?

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: coach_r on April 28, 2015, 12:06:56 pm
Is Coach Ellis NEW? Don't know that name. Has she coached before?

I'm not sure, I haven't  heard to much about her

HorseFeathers

Hector has "hired" Superintendant Walt Davis to be the new girls coach.

epotts

Current List (updated 4/29/15) according to AAA website and other posters.

BOYS:
Lamar- Kevin Kyzer
Midland-
Marmaduke- Justin Ward
Genoa Central-
Truman-
Greenwood-
Armorel-
Cossatot River-