• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Basketball 2017-2018

Started by BannerMountainMan, September 27, 2017, 11:35:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

beach bum

Anyone else hear about this SEC Network and local stations too incorrectly posting that Jaylen Barford had been cited for shoplifting... Fayetteville PD had to come out and release a statement saying it was not true. I have not seen if the SEC Network or KNWA has issued an apology cause I smell a settlement.

WPWells

WPWells

Hogs up 5 at the half. Bill Walton is a national treasure.

Romeo

Great game between two good teams. North Carolina tomorrow at 2:30pm.

WPWells

AirWarren

friscokid

Hogs may have a little something this year. Kentucky looks just a notch down with their latest crop of one and dones, so the Hogs could make some noise in the SEC.

bdubyab60

cuckoobird

High Voltage

Arkansas has a good team. NC has a great team. Arkansas is a Sweet 16 team I think. With the class Mike has coming in next year we start being a consistent top twenty team.

bdubyab60

Seems like we fall in to some old habits when we play tougher teams. To much one on one ball when we get stuck in the halfcourt offense, Barford out with fouls for a lot of the game and we can't score, Macon injured, Trey Thompson can't keep up in this offense or get back fast enough on defense and they shredded our token press. Made us pay just about every time down the floor. We refuse to go inside it seems like as well.

Right now it's one loss to a pretty UNC team. Still should be a tourney team. I think we do have to start winning some of these higher profile games if we want some more recognition

WPWells

In the past 16 seasons, Arkansas has had three games where they have attempted fewer than 9 free throws and been called for more than 19 fouls. Two of these games were in the past 8 months against North Carolina.

High Voltage

We did not get cheated. We lost to a better team. Roy Williams knows how to exploit other teams weaknesses, and did so in fine fashion Friday. Mike needs to learn how to adjust and find other teams weaknesses. When a MA coached team gets behind history tells us we turn to street ball and become selfish players.

WPWells

bdubyab60

Anyone see the Bama gophers game. Bama ended up playing the last 5 or so minutes with only 3 players

1-Adam-12

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 26, 2017, 09:22:13 am
Anyone see the Bama gophers game. Bama ended up playing the last 5 or so minutes with only 3 players

It was more like 10 minutes and Bama almost came all the way back from a 15 point deficit.

bdubyab60

Quote from: 1-Adam-12 on November 26, 2017, 09:41:08 am
It was more like 10 minutes and Bama almost came all the way back from a 15 point deficit.
Thougt it was crazy that it was even still close. I know they only had 5 players available with 13 or 14 minutes to go

Romeo

bdubyab60

I did play in a high school game that ended up 3 on 2. Every player left in the floor had at least 3 fouls. I had 4 myself

beach bum

Firing on all cylinders right now. Let's see if we can hold this in the 2nd half... And please... never have Bill Walton call another one of our games again. We never get to see important replays because they're too busy letting him tell pointless stories 90% of the time he talks. I am also sick of seeing the stupid split screen cause he never stops talking. He would be a great commentator his style for baseball, but this is basketball. I have to turn the volume off from time to time just to get a break from him.

bdubyab60

VHSCoach2

Love that we're taking it to UCONN today.

beach bum

I caught all three of UConn's games in this PK80 tournament and UConn is an NIT team and not an NCAA tournament team.... However, I do not care. We just smacked them around 102-67  :o

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on November 26, 2017, 04:47:15 pm
I caught all three of UConn's games in this PK80 tournament and UConn is an NIT team and not an NCAA tournament team.... However, I do not care. We just smacked them around 102-67  :o

It's nice to see the team bounce back and blow out a known program though

bdubyab60

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on November 26, 2017, 04:54:07 pm
It's nice to see the team bounce back and blow out a known program though

I agree... I loved how UConn looked tired and uninterested, and us on the other hand were hungry and out and running, playing our brand of game.

High Voltage

Quote from: WPWells on November 26, 2017, 08:20:48 am
Who said we got cheated?
Well, maybe I'm wrong but you kinda insinuated that with your post. If so my apologies.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: WPWells on November 25, 2017, 09:41:48 am
In the past 16 seasons, Arkansas has had three games where they have attempted fewer than 9 free throws and been called for more than 19 fouls. Two of these games were in the past 8 months against North Carolina.
great post.

beach bum

#12 in the updated RPI today.... That holds way more weight come March than the AP or Coaches Poll....

beach bum

What in the world are the basketball Hogs doing... They've only got 10 points through 11 minutes of this game against Houston.

WPWells

beach bum

Quote from: WPWells on December 02, 2017, 07:57:50 pm
Turrible

Unless a miracle happens we are done here.... We can not afford to lose another non conference game before we play Tennessee our SEC opener with this loss tonight. We must beat Minnesota now and hold serve against the other teams too before SEC play.

sportsguy80

Coach A really needs to consider changing up our offensive sets. I see too much one on one ball and players standing around waiting for Barford to make a basket. More ball movement and screens would make a difference.

bdubyab60

That is one fault that Anderson has. He seems to be pretty stubborn and doesn't change with the flow of the game. We out on that token press and it's layup city, he refuses to get out of it and play solid halfcourt defense. Our halfcourt sets have always been horrible and we force shots to try and pick up pace. That's a reason we struggle when we can't control the pace.

This still should be a tourney team. Don't think anyone expected us to go undefeated. But man when we get beat we get beat. We need to win some of these higher profile games.

Ctucker

beach bum

Thank you basketball Hogs for bouncing back against Colorado State tonight... The Rams are not very good, but we took care of business like we should after a bad loss. I am looking forward to Minnesota on Saturday cause I will be there in person for that one.

bdubyab60

Minnesota is a huge game. We need to win this game.

ErnestTBass

Quote from: sportsguy80 on December 02, 2017, 08:11:57 pm
Coach A really needs to consider changing up our offensive sets. I see too much one on one ball and players standing around waiting for Barford to make a basket. More ball movement and screens would make a difference.
Ive been saying this for years!! Anderson has no understanding of anything related to halfcourt offensively or defensively!! The game has moved away from trap and press defense! I don't think he's stubborn as much as he's stuck in the 90's Nolan mindset! Hard to watch all the standing around we do

bdubyab60

Even the other night in a win you can see the same issues. Gafford has no business being out in the perimeter on defense. As soon as he moved outside that team attacked and got easy points.

Anderson has to be willing to change his style just a little. Just to make us better in the halfcourt. Because these better teams take advantage of what is our weakness.

WPWells

WPWells

bdubyab60

Solid win that we needed. When Gafford stays out of foul trouble it really helps

beach bum

Electric atmosphere at the Bud last night...

sportsguy80

I definitely see us building on this win. Once the younger players get more game experience look out.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Ctucker on December 03, 2017, 12:46:29 pm
We're not very good!
I love Arkansas fans😂 One loss and a team is TERRIBLE, dude Florida had just lost three in a row

beach bum

Macon was sick as a dog that Houston game and Barford not 100% either. We don't win that game obviously cause how hot Houston was anyway, but we don't get blown out like that if those guys aren't feeling ill.

beach bum

I already liked Barford as a player, but today I like him as a person. I am walking through the mall this afternoon and I see him while he is on the phone(Looking back I should not have bothered him while he was talking to someone on the phone).... But I say " Great win Saturday, glad I was there in person for that great win" and he says "thanks I appreciate it a ton" and gives me a fist bump in return.... Barford became my new favorite player haha.

beach bum

And in the updated RPI rankings we are #9.... That's even with the loss against Houston. We are sitting well as long as we take care of business the next 3 to 4 weeks. I bet you all have noticed our conference schedule is back heavy. The first 10 games or so are much easier than the last 7 or 8 conference games. It's very vital for us to really play at a high level these next 12-15 games of the schedule cause we could tally some more losses at the end when all the toughest conference games come and the Oklahoma State game.

sportsguy80

The SEC will be deep this year. I could see our conference getting at least 6 in the big dance easy.

beach bum

Quote from: High Voltage on November 26, 2017, 07:47:28 am
We did not get cheated. We lost to a better team. Roy Williams knows how to exploit other teams weaknesses, and did so in fine fashion Friday. Mike needs to learn how to adjust and find other teams weaknesses. When a MA coached team gets behind history tells us we turn to street ball and become selfish players.

Did you watch the Tennessee vs North Carolina game today? Same story.... UNC literally is mugging Tennessee yet somehow has half the fouls called on them compared to Tennessee. Anytime the Volunteers even took a breath on the Tar Heels they called a foul. I really like Roy Williams and they have class players, but it is starting to make me hate them. It's plain as day they get favoritism. Even in Knoxville they were...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas