• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2018 - 3A MONEY POLL

Started by 3 Dollar, March 23, 2018, 07:16:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WorkOrder

Quote from: RabidWolf on April 20, 2018, 12:17:26 am
District will go something like this:

Horatio
Genoa
Cossatott
Prescott
Gurdon
Centerpoint
Fouke

I THINK. dont hold me to it. I'll ask my sister in tomorrow. Her daughter plays for the lady wolves.

Softball Ranking in 7-3A
Horatio
Genoa
Cossatot
Centerpoint
Gurdon
Prescott
Fouke

OneHitWonder

Glen Rose   0

Rosebud   10

Final in 5 innings

Foukeatraz

My knowledge: Both schools have reported each other and both are being punished on the softball side and the GC boys are being punished also. Now the Fouke and GC boys and girls play each other Wednesday in Prescott. That's the extent of the situation without the additional drama that I am aware of.

WHITEchicken

What did GC do? I heard about fouke. The district tournament is in Prescott?

Horse Shoe

Smackover defeated JC Friday to remain undefeated in conference play. Freshman K. Robinson pitched a complete game to earn the win.  Regular season District Championship had already been clinched prior to this game. 

WHITEchicken

Good job lady bucks. Keep it going

Foukeatraz

Illegal Player/s on all teams punished. The district tourney is in Prescott.

WHITEchicken

Dang. Did they know they had illegal players or was it just an Oversite? If they did it on purpose that is really teaching a great lesson to young people to win at all cost.

Foukeatraz

It probably depends on who you ask. Some would know, some wouldn't on both sides to be as honest as possible.

WHITEchicken

Yeah I'm sure people from the opposite school would say it was cheating, and same team say they didn't know.

3 Dollar

WHITEchicken

Getting warmer there 3 dollar.

Panther Pride

Quote from: WorkOrder on April 20, 2018, 10:17:34 am
Softball Ranking in 7-3A
Horatio
Genoa
Cossatot
Centerpoint
Gurdon
Prescott
Fouke

Horatio
Cossatot
Centerpoint
Gurdon
Prescott
Fouke
Genoa
The new standings with the forfeits from Fouke and Genoa

RabidWolf

Genoa had to forfeit softball wins as well?

Panther Pride

WHITEchicken

So when does the district tournament start over there? And is there a bracket somewhere?

Foukeatraz

I believe the Fouke boys start at 3 and girls at 4. May be vice versa and I don't know if that's the first game or not.

Panther Pride

Quote from: Foukeatraz on April 22, 2018, 07:09:04 pm
I believe the Fouke boys start at 3 and girls at 4. May be vice versa and I don't know if that's the first game or not.
Boys at 3 and Girls at 4 is correct.

OneHitWonder

Poyen   0

Rosebud  10

Final in 5 innings

WHITEchicken

Smackover lost tonight to camd n harmony grove 5-0.

WHITEchicken

So when does the tournament start in Prescott?

RabidWolf

WHITEchicken

WHITEchicken

Fordyce beat drew central last night. Smackover plays Fordyce an JC plays Mcgehee today in semis of district tourney.

OneHitWonder

District results:

1. Bald Knob
2. Harding Academy
3. Tuckerman
4. Barton

1.  Rose Bud
2. Harmony Grove Haskell
3. Glen Rose
4. Mayflower

Should be a fun regional next week

OneHitWonder

Harmony Grove  2

Rosebud  7

Final in the District Finals

Horse Shoe

Smackover Lady Bucks defeated McGehee 11-1 in 5 innings to claim the district championship. 
Seeding for regionals:
Smackover
McGehee
JC
Fordyce

3 Dollar

WHITEchicken

I don't like it one bit. Smackover did not move. I still think it is pretty close to spot on. Until someone beats those top 3 they should stay there. State is almost here and ready to get to see some good Softball since it is close for me. That regional Tournament might be a little out of my driving range. Hopefully JC, Mcgehee, and Smackover have decent showings.

OneHitWonder

April 29, 2018, 03:52:34 pm #79 Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 04:17:55 pm by OneHitWonder
I have seen most of the top 3A teams play this year and I will say there is a big drop between the top 3 teams and everyone else. The 3A Championship game will come from region 2 for the 6th straight year.  There will be at least 3 of the final 4 teams, if not all four final 4 teams. 

For some one to beat these 3 teams out not only do you have to have great pitching & defense, but you are going to have to score a lot of runs.  Don't see that happening this year.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: OneHitWonder on April 29, 2018, 03:52:34 pm
I have seen most of the top 3A teams play this year and I will say there is a big drop between the top 3 teams and everyone else. The 3A Championship game will come from region 2 for the 6th straight year.  There will be at least 3 of the final 4 teams, if not all four final 4 teams. 

For some one to beat these 3 teams out not only do you have to have great pitching & defense, but you are going to have to score a lot of runs.  Don't see that happening this year.
Smackover has the squad to get in the final 4.  Only question is, can they rise to the level of competition.  Most of these girls play travel ball together and have done what it takes to compete at this level.  So I know they are capable.  I guess the only obstacle I see is, can they relax and play ball without worrying about the name on the opponents jersey.

WHITEchicken

I can agree with that horse shoe. If that I in team doesn't come into play and they play for one another instead of themselves they can definitely have a shot. It has been a joy watching them this year. Any word on the tournament over ther in Horatio?

WHITEchicken

Must not be any cell service in Horatio. Get me some updates!

BLUEBLOOD

Smackover beat Cossatot River
Genoa beat Junction City
Horatio beat Fordyce
Centerpoint vs McGehee.....haven't heard final

ea cat

ea cat

Tomorrow's games
10 Smackover vs Genoa
12:30 Horatio vs McGehee

Horse Shoe

Quote from: ea cat on May 04, 2018, 08:39:53 pm
Tomorrow's games
10 Smackover vs Genoa
12:30 Horatio vs McGehee
3rd place game and Championship will also be played tomorrow.

WHITEchicken

Well well well looks like some good matchups today. Post updates as the games end someone. Won't get to see them play but yalls updates are much appreciated.

Horse Shoe

Smackover defeated Genoa 14-13 in 8 innings.

WHITEchicken

Wow. Good game I guess. I'll read about it in the paper tomorrow.

Horse Shoe

May 05, 2018, 04:10:40 pm #90 Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 04:12:12 pm by Horse Shoe
Quote from: WHITEchicken on May 05, 2018, 03:19:49 pm
Wow. Good game I guess. I'll read about it in the paper tomorrow.
Genoa scored 8 in the top of the 7th on 2 hits. Smackover tied it up in the bottom with a 3 run HR. Held Genoa top of the 8th.

Horse Shoe

Horatio beat McGehee 12-9.

OneHitWonder

Quote from: Horse Shoe on May 05, 2018, 02:20:09 pm
Smackover defeated Genoa 14-13 in 8 innings.

Congrats on the win.  The prize for winning your Regional will be a first round match up with Bald Knob.

Bald Knob comes out of their Regional as a 4 Seed.

Horse Shoe

Quote from: OneHitWonder on May 05, 2018, 04:28:48 pm
Congrats on the win.  The prize for winning your Regional will be a first round match up with Bald Knob.

Bald Knob comes out of their Regional as a 4 Seed.
We have not played the championship game yet for our region.   I'm sure our region number 1 will still at least show up. 

Horse Shoe

Congratulations to Horatio.  Region 4 champs.  Heck of a game.  8-5.

OneHitWonder

So just wondering, did Smackover lose on purpose to avoid the Bulldogs?

1-Adam-12

Paris wins Region 1, beating Atkins 2-1 in the semis and Charleston 7-1 in the finals.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: OneHitWonder on May 05, 2018, 10:05:33 pm
So just wondering, did Smackover lose on purpose to avoid the Bulldogs?

Why would anyone other than Mountain View lose on purpose?

Proud Buckaroo

And yes. I'm backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

3 Dollar

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas