• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texarkana goes to Greenwood

Started by The Future, November 11, 2017, 12:31:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Future

Rematch of week 4. Hogs played the Dogs pretty close and gave them a good game.

Thoughts on this game??

Texarkana_Piggie

No. I hope we win but I don't expect it. Nevertheless go hogs!! 

High Voltage

I hate this matchup, Texarkana can be scary. :-\

bulldogger15

Quote from: High Voltage on November 11, 2017, 01:52:30 pm
I hate this matchup, Texarkana can be scary. :-\
Texarkana will get SMASHED by the Bulldogs! I'm sure the land of 1,000 excuses will come up with some dandies this week. Is it a Razorback thing or what?

Bulldogs 41 Razorslaps 7

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Hogman2018

Hey AHS fans dont even comment on this topic let the classless Puppydog be alone in his basement!!

Bulldogfan44

Greenwood fires on all cylinders this time around!

Gwood-42
Texarkana-10

jeffslilbro

Quote from: Hogman2018 on November 11, 2017, 03:45:13 pm
Hey AHS fans dont even comment on this topic let the classless Puppydog be alone in his basement!!
this will be your last week to talk about your team. Better just dive in.

Pr8hd

Normally, playing a team twice in the same year can be challenging to overcome....My guess on this one though is that GW gives them a full game this time, not just a half. Way too much on the line at this point to not play up to your potential and expectations. GW needs to execute and most importantly stay healthy, the rest of the chips will fall into place. 

AHS06

+1

AHS06

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on November 11, 2017, 01:04:09 pm
No. I hope we win but I don't expect it. Nevertheless go hogs!!
The QB would have to be mobile, be a threat out of the backfield, and extend plays.  We're pulling for the Hogs but we need more offense to beat GW. 

Pr8hd

One thing I will be looking forward to seeing in person is AHS's Price at receiver...kid was impressive in the first game.

rona

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 12, 2017, 07:28:08 am
One thing I will be looking forward to seeing in person is AHS's Price at receiver...kid was impressive in the first game.

Excellent point, but AHS has to have time and accuracy to execute. Greenwood Defense will dominate. I see it 42-7. To stay close AHS has to run the ball with some efficiency and take time off the clock and just don't see that happening.

The Future

49- 14 Greenwood

Hogs will get some shots in

AHS06

Quote from: rona on November 12, 2017, 08:31:45 am
Excellent point, but AHS has to have time and accuracy to execute. Greenwood Defense will dominate. I see it 42-7. To stay close AHS has to run the ball with some efficiency and take time off the clock and just don't see that happening.
We were able to run and hit the edge during the first meeting.  The mobility of Browning at QB aided the rushing attack.  However, this is a different offense with another QB that is not as explosive.

bulldogger15

Hoggirl2018 leading the slappy pack again? You should probably stay in Texarkana for this one. No need to travel up Hwy 71 to witness this beat down.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: jeffslilbro on November 11, 2017, 06:25:47 pm
  this will be your last week to talk about your team. Better just dive in.
+1

GO BULLDOGS!!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: AHS06 on November 11, 2017, 10:48:16 pm
The QB would have to be mobile, be a threat out of the backfield, and extend plays.  We're pulling for the Hogs but we need more offense to beat GW.
The Razorslaps will need much more than "more offense" against the Greenwood Bulldogs this week. Wait and see....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

rona

I truly believe he means well, but cannot help but let his ego get in the way of civil conversation. The lashing out and crude language he spews out is not representative of the majority of Greenwood Fans.

bulldogger15

Quote from: rona on November 12, 2017, 03:44:42 pm
I truly believe he means well, but cannot help but let his ego get in the way of civil conversation. The lashing out and crude language he spews out is not representative of the majority of Greenwood Fans.

Queen Rona at it again. At least I'll talk to you when we run into each other at the liquor store. That's the type of "Greenwood Fan" I am. Get realz....

GO BULLDOGS!!!

RDâ„¢

Quote from: rona on November 12, 2017, 03:44:42 pm
He's an idiot.

bulldogger15

Quote from: RDâ„¢ on November 12, 2017, 06:48:25 pm
He's an idiot.
Let's please keep this civil R.D. You're better than that R.D., you really are.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

BullDogFan72

Looking forward to this playoff match up.  It's always tough to play a team twice in one season.  The second game is usually the more unpredictable one.  However, in this case the Bulldogs will be intense, focused and mission-minded.  That is the way they have approached the entire season.  One rep at a time, one practice at time, one day at time, and one game at a time.  Not focusing their mindset on who they have to play as much as getting better with each practice with each day on the field, and harnessing that concentrated effort into a victory on Friday night.  Though winning a State Championship is the ultimate goal, this year has been different.  Instead of making that the focal point, they make each rep, each practice, each game their focal point.  At the end of that hard work is a prize, a reward.  They just have to reach out and take it!

bulldogger15

Quote from: BullDogFan72 on November 13, 2017, 08:27:56 am
Looking forward to this playoff match up.  It's always tough to play a team twice in one season.  The second game is usually the more unpredictable one.  However, in this case the Bulldogs will be intense, focused and mission-minded.  That is the way they have approached the entire season.  One rep at a time, one practice at time, one day at time, and one game at a time.  Not focusing their mindset on who they have to play as much as getting better with each practice with each day on the field, and harnessing that concentrated effort into a victory on Friday night.  Though winning a State Championship is the ultimate goal, this year has been different.  Instead of making that the focal point, they make each rep, each practice, each game their focal point.  At the end of that hard work is a prize, a reward.  They just have to reach out and take it!
+1

GO BULLDOGS!!!

CJ7

Recent history suggest that Greenwood will win their first two playoff games as they prepare for their annual loss in Little Rock.

GettingStarted

Quote from: CJ7 on November 13, 2017, 11:35:00 am
Recent history suggest that Greenwood will win their first two playoff games as they prepare for their annual loss in Little Rock.
Who do you favor to beat them?

bulldogger15

Not this year. No one will beat the Greenwood Bulldogs! I'm already getting the trailer out so I can start working on the championship parade float.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Bulldogfan44

You are a Joke. Tell me who beats us. And give me a Legitimate reason to support your view. Or are you just an idiot??

RDâ„¢

If it's Greenwood / Pine Bluff = that's a pick'em everytime. One or two points will decide that one.

Other than that Greenwood handles anyone in their way in WMS this go around. 2016 game against Russellville was a High School Football mystery to this day most don't understand.

AHS06

Quote from: RDâ„¢ on November 13, 2017, 03:15:57 pm
If it's Greenwood / Pine Bluff = that's a pick'em everytime. One or two points will decide that one.

Other than that Greenwood handles anyone in their way in WMS this go around. 2016 game against Russellville was a High School Football mystery to this day most don't understand.
El Dorado could be in your way in Little Rock.  That's a pick'em as well.

rona

Good Thoughts. Concerning Russellville- they just beat us - Fair and Square, but sure wish we could play them again.

bulldogger15

Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on November 13, 2017, 03:02:31 pm
You are a Joke. Tell me who beats us. And give me a Legitimate reason to support your view. Or are you just an idiot??
+1 Please let R.D. know what a real idiot posts. I'm just boastful and antagonizing for the sake of poking fun mainly. Anyone who takes my posts for more than that is the real idiot.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

bulldogger15

Not this year R.D.! Get on the Greenwood train, it's about to run through the 6A playoffs for another Ricky Don Jones State Championship!

No mystery at all on the loss to Russellville last year. The true reason will come out after the victory this year. It will be quite obvious to all. WATCH AND SEE...

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Baitshop

Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on November 13, 2017, 03:02:31 pm

Well, let's see....in the past 4 years the Bulldogs have lost to 4 teams that had, according to UofG fans, markedly less talent and, significantly inferior coaching staffs. Each year the Bulldogs went into the playoffs as the #1 ranked team in the state and somehow became victims of some "inferior" teams luck. If I were a UofG fan, I would lay low and wait until we were hoisting the trophy at WMS. There will be plenty of time for chest beating and ridiculing everything that is not Greenwood between mid December and next August. Otherwise, you're just setting yourself up for another crow buffet from the rest of the state i.e. Shiloh Christian Academy a few years ago.

Having said all of that, I think that Greenwood has an outstanding chance of winning the 2017 State Championship because, IMHO, this is by far the best defense that any CRJ has had in his tenure at Greenwood. The only team left in the 6A playoffs that has the size and athletes to trip up the Bulldogs is Pine Bluff.

The hay is not in the barn yet for the UofG, but it is on the trailer....we'll know soon.

Bulldogfan44

November 14, 2017, 06:54:41 am #33 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 06:56:59 am by Bulldogfan44
Quote from: Baitshop on November 13, 2017, 08:22:31 pm
Hey do me a favor, Go watch Southside play Friday night an let us all know how they do. Thanks

Having said all of that, I think that Greenwood has an outstanding chance of winning the 2017 State Championship because, IMHO, this is by far the best defense that any CRJ has had in his tenure at Greenwood. The only team left in the 6A playoffs that has the size and athletes to trip up the Bulldogs is Pine Bluff.

The hay is not in the barn yet for the UofG, but it is on the trailer....we'll know soon.

High Voltage

Quote from: Baitshop on November 13, 2017, 08:22:31 pm
Well, let's see....in the past 4 years the Bulldogs have lost to 4 teams that had, according to UofG fans, markedly less talent and, significantly inferior coaching staffs. Each year the Bulldogs went into the playoffs as the #1 ranked team in the state and somehow became victims of some "inferior" teams luck. If I were a UofG fan, I would lay low and wait until we were hoisting the trophy at WMS. There will be plenty of time for chest beating and ridiculing everything that is not Greenwood between mid December and next August. Otherwise, you're just setting yourself up for another crow buffet from the rest of the state i.e. Shiloh Christian Academy a few years ago.

You hit on some good points Bait, but two years ago Pine Bluff was just plain better. No excuses. Last year was just crazy, still haven't figured that one out. As for the defense, this is the best defense Greenwood has had since 2000. Defense has carried the day for the biggest part of the season.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: bulldogger15 on November 13, 2017, 02:53:31 pm
Not this year. No one will beat the Greenwood Bulldogs! I'm already getting the trailer out   getting out of the trailer so I can start working on the championship parade float.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

fixed that for you

The Future

Baitshop

November 14, 2017, 01:41:32 pm #37 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 01:43:33 pm by Baitshop
Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on November 14, 2017, 06:54:41 am

Now, Mr. Bulldogfan44, if you knew how to correctly respond to a post i.e. not have your post included in what you are responding to, I would be able to include your hysterical rantings below your post. But, I of course, will swoop in and help you look slightly like a Neanderthal idiot and post the gist of your comment so that I can respond to it.

I believe that your incredibly intelligent, jilted Jr. high prom queen comment was something about me "watching my Mavericks on Friday night and letting you know how they do. Well, obviously, you are from Greenwood and news that is not covered in the Greenwood Democrat doesn't make it out of civilization to the UofG very often. Shockingly, my Mavs lost a non-barnburner to Fayetteville last week. They went out in a blaze of glory that will go down in the annals of history as a blip on, hopefully, a never again to be seen screen.

I would like to congratulate you on your well thought out, cutting me to the bone, comment. Your mastery of the English language must make English teachers all throughout the Greenwood school system beam with pride. Your incredibly vicious taunting of the "Pretentious Illiterate" from Southside will be recounted for years to come by countless Dad's in their sons jerseys as the anxiously wait to begin the "Gladiator Walk onto the Field of Battle". At your funeral, the eulogy will be rife with stories of your keyboard cowboy annihilation of the poor helpless souls of fans of other teams fans that succumbed to your wordsmithery. Rumors are already running wild that the 12 foot bronze statue that is already being made of Rick Jones will have him holding a plaque reminiscent of the Ten Commandments proclaiming you as the wind beneath his wings and the gatekeeper of all that is good an holy about the UofG.....

Or.....people will just think that you are just another of Bulldogger15's butt licker wannabe's that are one trick ponies with no imagination.... :-\

Bulldogfan44

Quote from: Baitshop on November 14, 2017, 01:41:32 pm
Now, Mr. Bulldogfan44, if you knew how to correctly respond to a post i.e. not have your post included in what you are responding to, I would be able to include your hysterical rantings below your post. But, I of course, will swoop in and help you look slightly like a Neanderthal idiot and post the gist of your comment so that I can respond to it.

I believe that your incredibly intelligent, jilted Jr. high prom queen comment was something about me "watching my Mavericks on Friday night and letting you know how they do. Well, obviously, you are from Greenwood and news that is not covered in the Greenwood Democrat doesn't make it out of civilization to the UofG very often. Shockingly, my Mavs lost a non-barnburner to Fayetteville last week. They went out in a blaze of glory that will go down in the annals of history as a blip on, hopefully, a never again to be seen screen.

I would like to congratulate you on your well thought out, cutting me to the bone, comment. Your mastery of the English language must make English teachers all throughout the Greenwood school system beam with pride. Your incredibly vicious taunting of the "Pretentious Illiterate" from Southside will be recounted for years to come by countless Dad's in their sons jerseys as the anxiously wait to begin the "Gladiator Walk onto the Field of Battle". At your funeral, the eulogy will be rife with stories of your keyboard cowboy annihilation of the poor helpless souls of fans of other teams fans that succumbed to your wordsmithery. Rumors are already running wild that the 12 foot bronze statue that is already being made of Rick Jones will have him holding a plaque reminiscent of the Ten Commandments proclaiming you as the wind beneath his wings and the gatekeeper of all that is good an holy about the UofG.....

Or.....people will just think that you are just another of Bulldogger15's butt licker wannabe's that are one trick ponies with no imagination.... :-\
Wow you thought long an hard about that one. It's funny how dad's wearing their kids jerseys bothers you. That's called support and caring for your child an or, your community. It's very apparent your parents didn't love you.

Baitshop

November 14, 2017, 03:26:18 pm #39 Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 03:32:43 pm by Baitshop
Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on November 14, 2017, 02:25:39 pm
It's funny how dad's wearing their kids jerseys bothers you. That's called support and caring for your child an or, your community. It's very apparent your parents didn't love you.

lol....what's funny is how you Greenwood boys think that trying to recapture your athletic past and convincing yourselves that you are actually "walking my boy onto the field of battle". It's high school football, and their careers, just like yours, will be over after their final game in high school. "Supporting your community"..?? By wearing a jersey 3 sizes to small and eye black like you are Chief Sitting Bull....I promise you that everybody that sits in those visitor stands or is not from Greenwood is rolling their eyes and laughing hysterically at how drunk you boys are on the Blue Koolaid. You should know that everyone else thinks that it is a joke.

I have a son, and I never participated in a "Gladiator Walk", and he didn't and doesn't feel one bit unsupported or unloved. You're just looking for an excuse to walk on a football field again and relive your past through a kid.....now who's propping up whom?

And finally, IF loving and supporting me as a young man had to entail my Dad walking me onto a football field, then no, my parents didn't love me either.....I would be interested in seeing the pictures of your loving parents taking you on the "Gladiator Walk" though....

Now, why don't you head on back to the little blue club house so that Bulldogger15 can give you your new marching orders....oh, and see if he has a new word for you...idiot is kinda turning into a one trick pony. C'mon, I have a Greenwood education and even I can beat the weak drivel that you and DarthDoggy come with. Better yet, why don't you watch ol' Pr8hd, he is measured, intelligent, and doesn't come off as a raging asshat.

zebrafan

Quote from: Baitshop on November 14, 2017, 03:26:18 pm
lol....what's funny is how you Greenwood boys think that trying to recapture your athletic past and convincing yourselves that you are actually "walking my boy onto the field of battle". It's high school football, and their careers, just like yours, will be over after their final game in high school. "Supporting your community"..?? By wearing a jersey 3 sizes to small and eye black like you are Chief Sitting Bull....I promise you that everybody that sits in those visitor stands or is not from Greenwood is rolling their eyes and laughing hysterically at how drunk you boys are on the Blue Koolaid. You should know that everyone else thinks that it is a joke.

I have a son, and I never participated in a "Gladiator Walk", and he didn't and doesn't feel one bit unsupported or unloved. You're just looking for an excuse to walk on a football field again and relive your past through a kid.....now who's propping up whom?

And finally, IF loving and supporting me as a young man had to entail my Dad walking me onto a football field, then no, my parents didn't love me either.....I would be interested in seeing the pictures of your loving parents taking you on the "Gladiator Walk" though....

Now, why don't you head on back to the little blue club house so that Bulldogger15 can give you your new marching orders....oh, and see if he has a new word for you...idiot is kinda turning into a one trick pony. C'mon, I have a Greenwood education and even I can beat the weak drivel that you and DarthDoggy come with. Better yet, why don't you watch ol' Pr8hd, he is measured, intelligent, and doesn't come off as a raging asshat.
+1

Bulldogfan44

Quote from: Baitshop on November 14, 2017, 03:26:18 pm

Like you can't be this stupid can you? Don't know anyone who has a problem with the dads walking the boys to the stadium. An don't know a single person who thinks it's walking them "into the field of battle" your just a complete moron. It's all jealousy, guess we should appologize for winning all the time. That's what really pisses you off. So you decide to take it out on some on the little things; that people in Greenwood enjoy. Dude seriously get a life, An get off Football. Your team is done. Go get ready for some Mav basketball 😂

The Future

Sigh. Another thread bites the dust.

Guys we know. No need to keep repeating yourself.

" Greenwood rox!!"
"Boo Greenwood sux"
"No Southside sux"
" Insert witty Rebel line"
" Greenwood yay Southside boo"
"Blah blah parent uniforms blah blah walk blah blah Greenwood scared blah blah Oklahoma and Texas teams blah blah blah"
"Blah blah you just hate Greenwood blah blah jealous blah blah insert stupid insult number 47"
"I no hate Greenwood blah blah new Shiloh blah"
"Stay in yerr lane blah blah"
"Blah blah mommy he hit me blah blah I know you are but what am I"

I swear it's like watching a bad movie on repeat.
I'm very much wanting these next few weeks to just hurry up and come and go. Here soon either Greenwood wins state or loses state. Either way one side will shut up finally for a while. Yea the other side will have bloody fingers cause they'll be on here typing so much. But at least ones better than two.

We know it's "all in good fun" and "there just 2 great guys havin fun". We know it's just a fun message board and we all love our teams and love poking fun and the board will be boring without it and all that jazz. But cmon guys get some new material.

To any administrator, if this threat turns into another dumpster fire like several others (and the Hogs season *Arkansas not Texarkana*) have, you have my permission to lock or delete my thread. I mean I know y'all don't need my permission or anything. Just saying it's A OK with me. Someone can always just make a new Greenwood Texarkana thread.

rona

jeffslilbro

Once again, poor baitshop :'(. If somebody's shirt is too small just get one in baitshop's size. (will always fit, cotton or not, NO matter how much you wash it). One lure throwing, crying, jealous , baby blue wearing 6a stalker. Bad announcer, bad attitude. Don't go away mad just go away.

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: The Future on November 14, 2017, 05:34:54 pm

" Greenwood rox!!"
"Boo Greenwood sux"
"No Southside sux"
"Blah blah parent uniforms blah blah walk blah blah Greenwood scared blah blah Oklahoma and Texas teams blah blah blah"
"Blah blah you just hate Greenwood blah blah jealous blah blah insert stupid insult number 47"

I'm very much wanting these next few weeks to just hurry up and come and go. Here soon either Greenwood wins state or loses state. Either way one side will shut up finally for a while. Yea the other side will have bloody fingers cause they'll be on here typing so much. But at least ones better than two.

We know it's "all in good fun" and "there just 2 great guys havin fun". We know it's just a fun message board and we all love our teams and love poking fun and the board will be boring without it and all that jazz. But cmon guys get some new material.

To any administrator, if this threat turns into another dumpster fire like several others (and the Hogs season *Arkansas not Texarkana*) have, you have my permission to lock or delete my thread. I mean I know y'all don't need my permission or anything. Just saying it's A OK with me. Someone can always just make a new Greenwood Texarkana thread.

Exactly why I don't post much anymore. I keep hoping I can come on here and read and post about Football but it always seems like a couple of nuts take over most threads. Go Bulldogs!!!!!!

High Voltage

November 15, 2017, 08:40:31 am #46 Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 08:43:52 am by High Voltage
Quote from: The Future on November 14, 2017, 05:34:54 pm

" Greenwood rox!!"
"Boo Greenwood sux"
"No Southside sux"

Best post ever! All of the SS vs GW hate comments should go to the "How can SS make the playoffs thread".

Jeep71

I kinda like the sound of crickets for a change

Danold Dump

Lets all quit wasting our time posting on this thread cause we all know the Bulldogs are going to take care of business.  Texarkana might as well stay home....Dump has spoken...dump out

TTofGreenwood

Did I read that the Browning kid isn't playing this Friday?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas