• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Night by Elie Wiesel

Started by cav2012, March 01, 2011, 08:54:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cav2012

Easily one of the greatest books I have ever read. Gives great detail on the issue of the holocaust and its effect. Has anybody else read this?

True Believer

It's been a while back but yes this is a very, very good book. 

Texarkana_Piggie

yes.  we drove to colorado a couple of years ago and i read it on the way out there.  excellent book.

blue4hire

It was required reading for a World Literature class I took in the mid-90's.  I liked it but don't recall a lot of the details.  I need to read it again.

the green moose

The Moose has to read it his senior year in High School. A very intense and very good book. Our teacher cried every time she read it

Paw-Paw

I read that book a very long time ago. Very vivid book. If you want another good book over WWII then pick up Band of Brothers: E Company, 506th Regiment, 101st Airborne: from Normandy to Hitler's Eagle's nest," by Ambrose, Stephen E.

Very good book and yes it is the one they turned into the t.v. series Band of Brothers.

the green moose

Quote from: Paw-Paw on April 21, 2011, 07:34:49 pm
I read that book a very long time ago. Very vivid book. If you want another good book over WWII then pick up Band of Brothers: E Company, 506th Regiment, 101st Airborne: from Normandy to Hitler's Eagle's nest," by Ambrose, Stephen E.

Very good book and yes it is the one they turned into the t.v. series Band of Brothers.
Seen the Movie...just as good ;)

cav2012

have you read the pacific...another great ww2 slash tv series

the green moose

Quote from: cav2012 on April 23, 2011, 02:16:20 am

have you read the pacific...another great ww2 slash tv series
The moose heard it was amazing just hasn't had the chance to check it out yet

Chosen 1

We read it in 10th grade. Been too many years to recall all the details, but I do remember how it tugged on the emotions a bit. Several girls, including the teacher, cried.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas