• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Booneville @ Lamar

Started by CatPride, October 19, 2018, 09:26:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elmerfudd

Quote from: xadboy on October 22, 2018, 05:53:19 pm
That's not saying much.

According to the rain dramatizers it is.

xadboy

Quote from: Bearcatdad on October 22, 2018, 05:56:15 pm
Won't average that against Booneville's Defense
What makes you think that?

xadboy

Quote from: elmerfudd on October 22, 2018, 05:58:08 pm
According to the rain dramatizers it is.
No rain in the forecast for Friday night.

elmerfudd

Quote from: xadboy on October 22, 2018, 06:30:45 pm
No rain in the forecast for Friday night.

That's great! Maybe the score will reflect Lamar's astounding numbers this time.

xadboy

Quote from: elmerfudd on October 22, 2018, 06:36:45 pm
That's great! Maybe the score will reflect Lamar's astounding numbers this time.
I find it astounding that you keep repeating astounding. It's astounding to me you can't come with another astounding word to use. Granted the word astounding is really an astounding word. Looking forward to an astounding game with astounding results that will lead to more astounding thoughts and more astounding posts on the astounding FF website on the astounding www. That's an astounding post if I ever seen one. Have an astounding day!

elmerfudd

Quote from: xadboy on October 22, 2018, 06:44:59 pm
I find it astounding that you keep repeating astounding. It's astounding to me you can't come with another astounding word to use. Granted the word astounding is really an astounding word. Looking forward to an astounding game with astounding results that will lead to more astounding thoughts and more astounding posts on the astounding FF website on the astounding www. That's an astounding post if I ever seen one. Have an astounding day!

That truly was an astounding post!!

I'd encourage you to read the whole thread (particularly posts by Warriors023) for astounding context. Then you might get it.

xadboy

Quote from: elmerfudd on October 22, 2018, 06:54:01 pm
That truly was an astounding post!!

I'd encourage you to read the whole thread (particularly posts by Warriors023) for astounding context. Then you might get it.
I got it, just wanted to have some astounding fun!

elmerfudd

Quote from: xadboy on October 22, 2018, 06:57:37 pm
I got it, just wanted to have some astounding fun!

Astounding, it is!!

TheTruth2010

Lamar mercy rules Booneville.. now that would be astounding

AlumniLights

Booneville...and it's not even close.  8)

nastynice

Since we're in a measuring contest I'll go ahead and whip mine out and put an end to this...Bearcats play clean, stereotypical football, we'll win by 20.  If we come out flat and puss around, then it'll be close the whole game.  Both coaches have an ax to grind, we'll see who can get their kids to grind it.

Booneville 34
Lamar  14

Bearcatdad

Quote from: xadboy on October 22, 2018, 06:29:33 pm
What makes you think that?

Booneville Defense will be the best lamar has seen to date!!  They are fast and very physical.

xadboy

Quote from: Bearcatdad on October 23, 2018, 08:29:21 am
Booneville Defense will be the best lamar has seen to date!!  They are fast and very physical.
Who have you played that has a rushing offense like Lamar?

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: xadboy on October 23, 2018, 12:51:46 pm

You scored only 15 on Mansfield, who is smaller than you.  In the slop where you should of just been able to push them at will.  What caliber rushing offense are we referring to?

Bearcatdad

Quote from: xadboy on October 23, 2018, 12:51:46 pm

Now i'm getting kinda scared!!  We have pretty much shut down everyone we have played so far, but a rushing offense like lamar's now has me a little worried.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Bearcatdad on October 23, 2018, 01:16:40 pm
Now i'm getting kinda scared!!  We have pretty much shut down everyone we have played so far, but a rushing offense like lamar's now has me a little worried.
You must be scared to death. I can feel you shaking in your boots across the miles through my computer.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 23, 2018, 01:21:11 pm
You must be scared to death. I can feel you shaking in your boots across the miles through my computer.
I just closed the shades and locked the doors!!

TheTruth2010

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on October 23, 2018, 12:53:15 pm
You scored only 15 on Mansfield, who is smaller than you.  In the slop where you should of just been able to push them at will.  What caliber rushing offense are we referring to?
you are so beautiful obsessed with that score.. so what? Did we win? Yes? Ok. Lamar still had 254 rushing in that game regardless of the score. We are averaging 5.2 per carry on the season.

elmerfudd

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 23, 2018, 01:31:19 pm
you are so beautiful obsessed with that score.. so what? Did we win? Yes? Ok. Lamar still had 254 rushing in that game regardless of the score. We are averaging 5.2 per carry on the season.

Big whoop!! That 5.2 average only scored you 15 points. And you're only averaging 28.5 points a game, compared to 44 per game for Booneville.

Points win games, and Lamar proved last week that yardage stats don't always lead to points 

elmerfudd

How many defensive TD's has Lamar scored this year?

OLDSCHOOL82

Don't call me beautiful until you buy me a couple drinks. 

Bearcatdad

October 23, 2018, 02:16:32 pm #121 Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 02:18:13 pm by Bearcatdad

5.2 YPC on the season may be about right.  I forgot that you have been playing Johnson county west side and Subiaco. Those sure help your stats!!

TRH

Against Mansfield Lamar did rush for 254 yards, with a long run of 74 yards, which averages out to about 4.7 YPC.
When you take out that single rush of 74 yards, Lamar only rushed for 180 yards the rest of the night which averages out to just a little over 3.2 YPC.
Not exactly astounding offensive numbers, even when you (pardon the pun) throw in their passing yardage, 30 yards.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: elmerfudd on October 23, 2018, 01:45:43 pm
Big whoop!! That 5.2 average only scored you 15 points. And you're only averaging 28.5 points a game, compared to 44 per game for Booneville.

Points win games, and Lamar proved last week that yardage stats don't always lead to points
haha what wins games is stopping the other team from scoring points. As long as you have more points at the end of the game that's all that matters... or no? Yea we scored 15... and still won. 8-0 is 8-0. No one is over here talking about the numbers boonville racked up against lesser opponents. We can sit here and talk about how you guys barley beat Pottsville... but does that matter? No because you still won the game. Congrats on beating up on everyone in our conference, considering you guys should be in 4a anyways. So say you guys beat Lamar... what are you going to do? Brag about beating a school from a town that has 2 stop signs and a tree house? Congrats! You guys are Just soooo great. Hand Boonville the state championship now! But wait I bet Smackover will have something to say about that!

xadboy

What wins championships? Defense! Out scoring your opponent. Which so far Booneville and Lamar has done. Who is better? We'll find out 7:00 come Friday night.

Jabali

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 23, 2018, 03:09:54 pm
haha what wins games is stopping the other team from scoring points. As long as you have more points at the end of the game that's all that matters... or no? Yea we scored 15... and still won. 8-0 is 8-0. No one is over here talking about the numbers boonville racked up against lesser opponents. We can sit here and talk about how you guys barley beat Pottsville... but does that matter? No because you still won the game. Congrats on beating up on everyone in our conference, considering you guys should be in 4a anyways. So say you guys beat Lamar... what are you going to do? Brag about beating a school from a town that has 2 stop signs and a tree house? Congrats! You guys are Just soooo great. Hand Boonville the state championship now! But wait I bet Smackover will have something to say about that!

FWIW, according to the 2018 AAA numbers Booneville High School has the exact same number of students as Smackover (290) and five more students than Lamar High School (285).

Carry on.

elmerfudd

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 23, 2018, 03:09:54 pm

Easy now!! You're acting like I'm throwing out all these stats to beat on Booneville's chest. All I've seen from Lamar posters on this thread is how stout Lamar's defense is, how many yards per carry Lamar's offense averages, and how the weather slowed them down. And all the "astounding" stats that have been posted on here havent backed up a single one of those points. That's all I'm saying!

And bash Pottsville all you want, they're not doing so great in ths 4A, but no one in the 3A has an offensive line like they did, especially not Lamar. So compare Lamar to them all you want. We'll prove you wrong (along with your stats) on Friday night.

xadboy

How many points has Booneville gave up vs what Lamar has given up?

Bearcatdad

Quote from: xadboy on October 23, 2018, 04:28:38 pm

It really doesn't matter.  After Friday night Lamar will be put where they belong and the Cats will keep rolling.  Can't wait to see your powerful offense play against our defense.

ChucktownTiger

panther07

Quote from: Jabali on October 23, 2018, 03:38:42 pm
FWIW, according to the 2018 AAA numbers Booneville High School has the exact same number of students as Smackover (290) and five more students than Lamar High School (285).

Carry on.

Get those facts outta here!!!!

elmerfudd

Quote from: xadboy on October 23, 2018, 04:28:38 pm

Lamar:
Total points: 100
PPG: 12.5

Booneville:
Total points: 103
PPG: 12.8

Bearcatdad

Quote from: elmerfudd on October 23, 2018, 05:59:21 pm
Lamar:
Total points: 100
PPG: 12.5

Booneville:
Total points: 103
PPG: 12.8

Booneville has scored over 100 more points than Lamar has and we didn't play Johnston Co Westside or Subiaco. Lol

TheTruth2010

So what? We were up 42-0 at half against westside and 34-0 over Subiaco. If we ran up the score like Booneville, we may be averaging higher points as well 🤷🏻‍♂️

TheTruth2010

Quote from: ChucktownTiger on October 23, 2018, 05:46:01 pm
The cats by 28
Ehh it'll be ok if we lose... but it'll be the Warriors by 28 the following week  ;D

elmerfudd

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 23, 2018, 06:12:59 pm
So what? We were up 42-0 at half against westside and 34-0 over Subiaco. If we ran up the score like Booneville, we may be averaging higher points as well 🤷🏻‍♂️

If you think those scores were ran up, just wait til this Friday night when Hyatt gets revenge for the last meeting of 54-7. Like I said earlier in this thread, Hyatt has been reminded of that score a lot here lately.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: panther07 on October 23, 2018, 05:55:58 pm
Get those facts outta here!!!!
Facts! I don't need no stinkin' facts.

TheTruth2010

Well if you think Boonville will beat Lamar that bad, you are high.

elmerfudd

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 23, 2018, 06:23:12 pm
Well if you think Boonville will beat Lamar that bad, you are high.

Hahaha I wish I had a dollar for every time someone has posted that on a Booneville thread this year.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: TRH on October 23, 2018, 02:42:43 pm
Against Mansfield Lamar did rush for 254 yards, with a long run of 74 yards, which averages out to about 4.7 YPC.
When you take out that single rush of 74 yards, Lamar only rushed for 180 yards the rest of the night which averages out to just a little over 3.2 YPC.
Not exactly astounding offensive numbers, even when you (pardon the pun) throw in their passing yardage, 30 yards.
Booneville is 8-0, take out those 8 wins and they would be 0-8.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Wearing my Go Warriors T-shirt in the enemy camp this week.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 23, 2018, 06:33:57 pm
Wearing my Go Warriors T-shirt in the enemy camp this week.
Are you going to make it to this game?

Bearcatdad

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 23, 2018, 06:33:18 pm
Booneville is 8-0, take out those 8 wins and they would be 0-8.
That is one of the stupidest post that you have made.  Notice I said 1 of them you have made a bunch on this thread!!!!!

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: TheTruth2010 on October 23, 2018, 06:35:10 pm
Are you going to make it to this game?

No, I will be out of pocket this weekend. But I hope to watch the Warriors take down Chuck.

TheTruth2010

Quote from: Bearcatdad on October 23, 2018, 07:28:15 pm
That is one of the stupidest post that you have made.  Notice I said 1 of them you have made a bunch on this thread!!!!!
I was responding to a post made about Lamar's yards per carry. Said if you take out the 74 yard run the average wouldn't be as high. You were obviously not smart enough to figure that out though. Must be a product of Boonville...

MICHAELSPAPPY

October 23, 2018, 08:04:03 pm #145 Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 08:07:42 pm by MICHAELSPAPPY
Hootens picks Booneville by only 6. That really surprises me. I thought it would be closer to 20.

And yes, it is the 3A Game of the Week.

elmerfudd

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on October 23, 2018, 08:04:03 pm
Hootens picks Booneville by only 6. That really surprises me. I thought it would be closer to 20.

And yes, it is the 3A Game of the Week.

I think we were picked by 6 against Mansfield or Greenland. Maybe both.

Warriors023

Not very impressed with Booneville on film. D-line gives up when blocked straight up. Very dirty play, specifically against charleston. Unable to defend against a screen. Open holes in the pass defense. I think if Greenland had a decent defense, that game would have been much closer, if not a loss for Booneville. Bash it all you want, but that's just my thoughts. Will see if I'm impressed Friday.

elmerfudd

Quote from: Warriors023 on October 23, 2018, 08:54:58 pm
Not very impressed with Booneville on film. D-line gives up when blocked straight up. Very dirty play, specifically against charleston. Unable to defend against a screen. Open holes in the pass defense. I think if Greenland had a decent defense, that game would have been much closer, if not a loss for Booneville. Bash it all you want, but that's just my thoughts. Will see if I'm impressed Friday.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6405064/5bc24e8a6898f5171c948900

Another claim you can't back up, Warriors023.

SR30

You warrior fans might as well give up now and circle the wagons. I mean according to all these Booneville posters Lamar is already beat and Booneville should just be given the state championship trophy now. I wonder if all you Booneville fans felt this confident last year when you fell short. I mean after all some of them are simply not impressed with other players even if they have college offers laying on the table. Seems they match the tune of some of the old Charleston faithful.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas