• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State Championship Junction City Vs Hazen

Started by Monsta, December 01, 2018, 08:33:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will be crowned the best in 2A

Hazen Hornets
81 (57%)
Junction City Dragons
61 (43%)

Total Members Voted: 142

Voting closed: December 06, 2018, 09:26:22 pm

thabeast428

Same answer as before the AAA miscounted so we shouldn't of ever been in 3a simple as that. But we went our two years and back where we are suppose to be. A lot of folks want to talk but that's all they do lol bc it's not our fault the majority of kids play football or any other sport. Just because we have more kids on the sideline as most 4a schools doesn't mean we're not suppose to be in 2a. Just the majority play or wanna play football

Bulldogfan101

Well they claim the AAA made a mistake and counted their Louisiana kids twice. But I have searched it and can't find where the AAA acknowledges their mistake. It might be there just looking in the wrong place. And btw dragondad I didn't start a post complaining about the refs. I haven't started any post period.

cuz

December 09, 2018, 04:50:23 pm #852 Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 04:53:29 pm by cuz
Quote from: Cheermom295 on December 09, 2018, 04:25:48 pm
It was just a question? Why were they in 3A one year and 2A the next is all I'm asking? Surely enrollment didn't change that much in ok need year if they go by population or the amount of students enrolled. This has nothing to do with the title game. I'm just asking how that works. Did they not want to be put in 3A in the first place or did they decide that after being put in 3A? I have heard people talking about it so I just want to know what actually happened to make them move down? I am assuming you have answered this question before since u said here we go again. I am just asking why? Not trying to take anything away fr ok m Junction City as a team. They won .. I'm just asking a question.
That Question has been asked and answered a hundred times. The AAA moved Junction because on enrollment but they actually didn't have 3a numbers to begin with. My understanding is when you move numbers have to had to be increased or decreased 2 years before changing. Rison has been moved up to 3a this year as Smackover. In the last 10 years they have been up and down in classification several times but you haven't seen that mentioned on this board have you. It's because JC's dominance in 2a has been there since Barton's ended. Bleudog can answer this better than anyone you can pm him or ask him on the thread. Just a dead horse people continue to beat. When JC looses they don't care what class they're in they just want come back and win the next one. To enlighten others if you ask any student or person living in Junction where are you from the  answer will be
the same " Junction" not Junction City AR or Juncton City La...maybe this helps you if not contact Bleu.....

Bulldogfan101

It might have been answered hundreds of times. But there's nothing outside of ff that I can find. Can anyone else find it?

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Cheermom295 on December 09, 2018, 03:45:02 pm
My question is why did Junction move back to 2A? I don't understand why you would finish runner-up in 3A and want to move down to 2A. I have seen post on here saying Junction plays 3A ball so Hazen has no chance. Well if that was the case why would you not work harder and come back and try to win the 3A title? Some of the interviews I watched the players would state they are coming back for redemption bc they lost the year before. Wouldn't redemption be coming back for the 3A title? I just don't see how moving down and winning proved anything. We know u can win a 2A title you have for years but can u win a 3A title?
They could have won 4A title in 2014

mastermind10

Quote from: Bulldogfan101 on December 09, 2018, 05:17:36 pm
It might have been answered hundreds of times. But there's nothing outside of ff that I can find. Can anyone else find it?

Can you do elementary math?  Just reread the countless posts and follow the links and you can do a three year average of 9-11. Program vs team. Jealousy leads to illogical accusations.

Hasbeen92

Which bulldog r u

Bulldogfan101

I will give you a tip. If you are in a discussion? And You are asked a question? If you reply with a question. You are struggling to keep up. It's very apparent that I and many others have read the previous posts. To answer your question. It also doesn't matter what "Bulldog" I am does it?

Bulldogfan101

This is very simple. Junction City is in the spotlight! With the spotlight comes questions. Have the answers readily available. Don't get on a public forum and accuse people that have a question of being ignorant or other belittling names. Just answer the question and give where that information can be found outside of this forum.

mastermind10

I'll give you an observation.  If you ask the same question that's been asked, answered, probed, discussed, argued, asked and then answered over and over, you are a very daft bulldog which makes one believe you are from HAMPTON. Just a little deductive reasoning.

bleudog

December 09, 2018, 06:46:03 pm #860 Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 09:24:01 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Bulldogfan101 on December 09, 2018, 04:34:18 pm
Well they claim the AAA made a mistake and counted their Louisiana kids twice. But I have searched it and can't find where the AAA acknowledges their mistake. It might be there just looking in the wrong place. And btw dragondad I didn't start a post complaining about the refs. I haven't started any post period.

Yes.

From the minutes of the:

Arkansas Activities Association
Board of Directors Summer Workshop
Tuesday-Thursday, June 6-8, 2017

"CONFERENCE/RECLASSIFICATION APPEAL –Junction City appealed their classification for the 2018-2020 classification cycle. Present from Junction City were Robby Lowe and David Carpenter. Ed McCorkle, AAA attorney, was also present. After hearing and reviewing information provided by AAA, the appeal was approved. (MOTION: Gragg/Colbert, 17-0)"

CLICK HERE then go to page two.

bleudog

December 09, 2018, 07:09:52 pm #861 Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 11:52:57 pm by bleudog
My question is why did Junction move back to 2A? I don't understand why you would finish runner-up in 3A and want to move down to 2A. I have seen post on here saying Junction plays 3A ball so Hazen has no chance. Well if that was the case why would you not work harder and come back and try to win the 3A title? Some of the interviews I watched the players would state they are coming back for redemption bc they lost the year before. Wouldn't redemption be coming back for the 3A title? I just don't see how moving down and winning proved anything. We know u can win a 2A title you have for years but can u win a 3A title?

I'll give you a somewhat short and sweet answer in the form of another question. Would it be "fair" to the JC students for Junction City to be the only public school in the entire state required to compete a classification above where their average enrollment calls for them to be just because the AAA didn't realize the ADE started sending the AAA data in a different format?

The longer version follows (copied and modified from another thread because I'm old and get tired of typing this over and over):

Quote from: bleudog on May 04, 2017, 09:10:01 pm

JC 2012-2013
9th  47
10th  48
11th  42
      137 This number is in-state only.  The out-of-state totals were submitted to the ADE who forwards them to AAA to be added.

JC 2013-2014
9th   51
10th  41
11th  49
      141 This number is in-state only.  The out-of-state totals were submitted to the ADE who forwards them to AAA to be added.

JC 2014-2015
  9th   58
10th   66
11th   52
       176  This total includes both in-state and out-of-state so no adding in of the second file is needed.

JC 2015-2016
9th   65
10th  52
11th  61
      178  This total includes both in-state and out-of-state so no adding in of the second file is needed.

JC 2016-2017
9th   50
10th   62
11th   54
      166  This total includes both in-state and out-of-state so no adding in of the second file is needed.

2012-13, 2013-14, 2014-15 were used for the 2016 and 2017 football groupings.  The AAA added the out of state student counts to all three school years which doubled them up for 2014-15.

Following is what the 2018 and 2019 football grouping should be based on.  In the first classification list, the AAA added the out of state kids which caused them to be counted twice in all three school years since they were already in these totals. The number was over 200.  That's what was appealed and corrected by AAA.

2014-15  176
2015-16  178
2016-17  166
3 YR AVG 173.33  This total includes both in-state and out-of-state so no adding in the second file is needed.

AAA didn't pick up on ADE combining the two student totals after 2013-2014 and AAA failed to stop adding the two data groups together.

It's just math.

For probably the last 20+ years, JC had averaged graduating mid-to-high 50s to low-to-mid 60s.  Those numbers include both LA and AR kids and would have during that period had JC as a large 2A school for most cycles.

Quote from: bleudog on May 11, 2017, 09:01:23 am
There was no formal appeal made to correct the 2016-2018 classification error. 

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Admin/2016-18_CONFERENCE_appeal_requests_with_results.pdf

I understand there was an effort to get an explanation why the AAA number was different from actual.  I also understand AAA was, shall we say, less than receptive to exploring the possibility of an error on their part.  (And as it turned out, their adjustment formula was the same one they used for years.  The ADE data format just changed and the AAA formula wasn't adjusted to factor in the new way the ADE data came over)

As far as the reason or reasons for not making a formal appeal at that time, one would need to ask the Superintendent or AD. My guess is one reason was that after going thru multiple football seasons where conference opponents dropped football just before or at mid-season and it being an act of congress or impossible to find replacement games might have come into play.  The conference schedule stability of 3A probably looked pretty good.  Maybe accepting the classification assignment rather than starting what looked like it might be an acrimonious appeal process was an effort to not rock the boat.  Could have been the thought process was JC spends two years in 3A.  If the numbers grew during that 2 year period, JC just got a head start.  If the numbers didn't grow, the thought could have been the AAA would acknowledge the ADE data change, do away with the now unneeded formula adjustment, JC's count is done correctly and is back in 2A where they belong without having to make a formal appeal the next cycle.

The real numbers didn't grow and the formula error continued.  Actually the fomula error was worse and easier to see because of a full three years in the formula this time around.  I understand JC admin once again asked for an explanation of the variance.  More documentation was provided by JC admin and I understand AAA is now more inclined to approve a formal appeal which I also understand will take place at the next AAA board meeting.

Even my just pulling some numbers from ADE shows something drastically changed after 2013-2014 and it wasn't a bunch of new kids wearing purple and gold showing up in the halls.  It was the ADE mapping patch which cause the ADE numbers to no longer require adjustment by AAA.

Bulldogfan101

Mastermind thank you for your "observation"! You are very talented in many ways! It's just a shame none of these qualities have surfaced yet. I truly hope that somewhere in your future they may! Until then just smile and play the part.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Can someone please post a copy of the charter school application?  The whole thing.

Hasbeen92

Quote from: Bulldogfan101 on December 09, 2018, 06:17:47 pm
I will give you a tip. If you are in a discussion? And You are asked a question? If you reply with a question. You are struggling to keep up. It's very apparent that I and many others have read the previous posts. To answer your question. It also doesn't matter what "Bulldog" I am does it?
Thanks I don't care that much but this is a Hazen JC thread just wondering why your so passionate about what class JC plays in and don't give me tips the forum is public and I read as I please, comment as I please I asked a simple question that is usually responded with simple answer your smart mouth doesn't impress me I have one of my own and can back it up if you can't you should watch it closer

bleudog

December 09, 2018, 08:30:23 pm #865 Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 09:29:07 pm by bleudog
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 09, 2018, 08:00:34 pm
Can someone please post a copy of the charter school application?  The whole thing.

Here's the potential student applications and policy.

https://core-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/asset/uploaded_file/124644/NECC_-_2018-19_Application.pdf

https://www.junctioncity.k12.ar.us/northeast-claiborne-charter--2

If you're talking about the original charter school application to BESE, the one link I had found before isn't opening any more.  I know what Tulane is but have no idea what the Cowen Institute is/was or what their data purge policy is/was or if they still exist what folder it's been relocated to.  The charter application to BESE is somewhere around five years old.

Quote from: bleudog on May 07, 2017, 08:17:59 am
From the Type Two Charter Application for the Northeast Claiborne Charter:

"The students NECC proposes to serve reside in or near Junction City, Louisiana.  Just as this application proposal is unique, the geography of the region is also unique.  Junction City is located at the Louisiana/ Arkansas border in the very center of both states. The school plant is a mere three tenths of a mile from the state border.  Sixty percent of the northeast Claiborne Parish students attending school in Junction City live within one mile of the school.  The rest reside within five miles."

http://cowen-institute.tulane.edu/sites/g/files/rdw511/files/library/2014/01/Northeast-Claiborne-Charter-School-Claiborne.pdf   (page 15)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Trojanbird

READ previous posts/pages prior to making such an educated post!  It only makes you look blonde!

bleudog

Quote from: Trojanbird on December 09, 2018, 10:36:41 pm
READ previous posts/pages prior to making such an educated post!  It only makes you look blonde!

Well at least you didn't type democrat.  ;D

Trojanbird

Quote from: bleudog on December 09, 2018, 10:55:25 pm
Well at least you didn't type democrat.  ;D
Not going to catch me on that!  Haha! ;)

Rida4Life

wow... I'm not going to touch this argument.   

bleudog

cuz

Hasbeen92

GatorBait2014

Quote from: amehr36 on December 08, 2018, 08:09:20 am
I'm surprised there's not been even more whine bags on here to be honest. The best team won last night. Also, if properly classified would have won last year. Bunch of pansies can't accept they can't compete no matter how good they thought they were.

WOW! You're such a classy person!! Funny that you actually think that your a better person than the ones your criticizing when all their doing is questioning something and your calling them names for it.

THA TRUTH

Ur just as ignorant as those asking the same question that gets answered on every thread..... by the way how'd u like that beat down a little bit ago??

cav2012

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 11, 2018, 10:34:09 am
Ur just as ignorant as those asking the same question that gets answered on every thread..... by the way how'd u like that beat down a little bit ago??
alright sterling, simmer down a bit

THA TRUTH

Hasbeen92

You guys r little testy I agree Amber's quote was a little harsh but what would you expect from Junction's best girl Junction is the best 2A team in last 2 decades if your the best you don't have to toot your own horn other people will toot it for you a lesson some of junction's fans should learn(not all) but you have to admit Hazen was a pretty talented team for less than 30 players 10th thru 12 they are the most talented  team in my my lifetime and both my uncles played for razorbacks and my cousin played for Arkansas Tech (I like how y'all used!!! To show how you really meant what you said)

dragondad

Quote from: Hasbeen92 on December 11, 2018, 10:10:18 pm
You guys r little testy I agree Amber's quote was a little harsh but what would you expect from Junction's best girl Junction is the best 2A team in last 2 decades if your the best you don't have to toot your own horn other people will toot it for you a lesson some of junction's fans should learn(not all) but you have to admit Hazen was a pretty talented team for less than 30 players 10th thru 12 they are the most talented  team in my my lifetime and both my uncles played for razorbacks and my cousin played for Arkansas Tech (I like how y'all used!!! To show how you really meant what you said)

No doubt they're talented,  3rd best team we played all season.

amehr36

Still lots of sore losers here I see... Heavy on the loser...

THA TRUTH

Oh goodness 30 players ahh such a terrible problem for a 2a school

bleudog

December 12, 2018, 09:39:12 am #882 Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 10:11:49 am by bleudog
Quote from: Hasbeen92 on December 11, 2018, 10:10:18 pm

This roster stuff is getting old.

Does anybody know how many non-special team JC kids actually saw the field during the game?  As the game was close, I'd guess less than or not much more than 20.

JC had some big ol' boys (who rarely left the field) and JC ran the same plays so often that late in the game they wore holes in the opposing OL and DL.

Here's a breakdown of JC's roster by grade.

7   DHANTE   GIBSON   12   
9   BRYCE   WARE   12   
12   KEVONTAE   HAYNES   12   
20   J'VACYE'   COOK   12   
24   D.J.   HILL   12   
42   ANTHONY   ANDERSON   12   
51   JACK   SMITH   12   
54   SEMA-J   LEVINGSTON   12   
59   JERRODNEY   TUBBS   12   
63   JAMES   WALTHALL   12   
68   BLAKE   WILSON   12   
72   CODY   ADKINS   12   
# of Seniors on roster:  12

2   JAMIE   CARROLL   11   
4   JAKIRON   COOK   11   
5   KELLEY   GRAVES   11   
13   BRADY   HUTCHESON   11   
16   DE'ANDRAE   MALONE   11   
26   ETHAN   HOLMES   11   
31   JAMARCO   SINGLETON   11   
34   MALIQ   LARRY   11   
48   KYLE   KIDWELL   11   
57   CLAYTON   KEY   11   
64   ETHAN   BRYANT   11   
65   CARDARRIUS   BUNN   11   
75   MYTREZ   SMITH   11   
# of Juniors on roster:  13

6   GABE   RICHARD   10   
11   DEVONTAY   GILBERT   10   
25   LOGAN   PEPPER   10   
43   K.D.   SMITH   10   
47   TANNER   BARNETT   10   
52   PEYTON   ROBINSON   10   
55   VADARIAN   SAPP   10   
56   TATE   BARNETT   10   
58   A'DONNIS   JONES   10   
66   JACOB   ORR   10   
70   JAKYRION   BARNETT   10   
# of Sophomores on roster:  11

8   JAMAL   JOHNSON   9   
15   CHRIS   MILLER   9   
17   BRYCE   BRADY   9   
21   QUINCY   PITTS   9   
22   CHASE   WOOD   9   
23   JAKOB   SMITH   9   
33   SLADE   WILSON   9   
35   ALEX   PRADO   9   
40   RYLEE   LYONS   9   
41   NATHAN   PATTERSON   9   
44   CHANCE   ROWLAND   9   
45   RYLAN   SAWYER   9   
50   RYNE   THURLKILL   9   
67   AYDEN   HOWE   9   
76   KEVIN   NEWBERRY   9   
# of Freshmen on roster:  15 (9th graders moved up after Jr. High season concluded)

# or 10th, 11th and 12th graders on roster:  36

# of 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th graders on roster:  51

https://core-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/asset/uploaded_file/209558/2018_Jr._High_Roster.pdf

2018-2019       9    10    11    12
Junction         55    54    51    53    213
Hazen            43    33    55    43    174

https://adedata.arkansas.gov/statewide/ReportList/Schools/EnrollmentByGrade.aspx?year=29&search=junction&pagesize=10

https://adedata.arkansas.gov/statewide/ReportList/Schools/EnrollmentByGrade.aspx?year=29&search=hazen&pagesize=10

Assuming similar male/female ratios, if Hazen's participation rate were the same as JC's, Hazen would be expected to field a post season 9th-12th grade roster of about 42.  (51 / 213 X 174) 

Bring your 9th graders up when their jr high season is over or get more 10th thru 12th graders out of the halls and under a football helmet.

cav2012

December 12, 2018, 10:09:18 am #883 Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 10:16:51 am by cav2012
DD, need some tissues for bleu and sterling!!

All he said was hazen was pretty good for having under 30 players, and even gave jc a compliment. Went completely over your head though because you think everybody is out to get poor ol jc

i40traveler

Whats funny is JC'S coach and running back both said the game plan was to wear Hazen down due to lack of depth. JC fans are taking it as a shot at them, saying they should be 3A, when in reality they are just stating facts. JC had excellent depth and used it to their advantage.

By the way depth isn't just having numbers. I have seen schools witg 50 men and only 6 of them can play ball. JC had 36 on the roster and the majority of them can go. Hats off to them for developing that depth!

bleudog

Quote from: cav2012 on December 12, 2018, 10:09:18 am
DD, need some tissues for bleu and sterling!!

All he said was hazen was pretty good for having under 30 players, and even gave jc a compliment. Went completely over your head though because you think everybody is out to get poor ol jc

I'll be more concise.

JC was a pretty talented team for 36 players 10th thru 12th.

cav2012

Quote from: bleudog on December 12, 2018, 10:47:17 am
I'll be more concise.

JC was a pretty talented team for 36 players 10th thru 12th.
he said y'all were the best 2a team in 2 decades

cav2012

Which I disagree with, I think the 14 team was better. But at no point was he questioning jc

cav2012

December 12, 2018, 10:59:47 am #888 Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 11:02:51 am by cav2012
Quote from: bleudog on December 12, 2018, 09:39:12 am
This roster stuff is getting old.

Does anybody know how many non-special team JC kids actually saw the field during the game?  As the game was close, I'd guess less than or not much more than 20.

depth

bleudog

December 12, 2018, 11:00:39 am #889 Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 08:40:29 pm by bleudog
Quote from: i40traveler on December 12, 2018, 10:21:42 am
Whats funny is JC'S coach and running back both said the game plan was to wear Hazen down due to lack of depth. JC fans are taking it as a shot at them, saying they should be 3A, when in reality they are just stating facts. JC had excellent depth and used it to their advantage.

By the way depth isn't just having numbers. I have seen schools witg 50 men and only 6 of them can play ball. JC had 36 on the roster and the majority of them can go. Hats off to them for developing that depth!

Depth quotes are always more politically correct than conditioning and execution quotes.

I agree with you on the quality tops quantity  Got to put in the work.  Both to get the kids out of the halls and turn those into the best ball players they can be.

bleudog

December 12, 2018, 11:24:13 am #890 Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 11:32:26 am by bleudog
Quote from: cav2012 on December 12, 2018, 10:51:50 am
he said y'all were the best 2a team in 2 decades

I took his complement as program but he could have been referring to the 2018 team.

Quote from: cav2012 on December 12, 2018, 10:54:30 am
Which I disagree with, I think the 14 team was better. But at no point was he questioning jc

I agree with you that JC's 2014 team was better than 2018 but 2014 may not have been as good as 2003 and maybe 1999 (before LaLaLand recognized football existed outside California.  Here's how their computer rank Dragon teams back to 2003

2003       15        0      59.8     2A State Champion      Carpenter
2014       13        0      41.5     2A State Champion      Carpenter
2012       14        1      41.1     2A State Champion      Carpenter
2009       13        1      40.8     2A State Champion      Carpenter
2008       13        0      37.6     2A State Champion      Carpenter
2013       13        0      37.4     2A State Champion      Carpenter
2017       13        1      32.4     3A State Runner-up      Jones
2011         9        2     29.9      2A Semi Finalist      Carpenter
2005         9        4     27.8      2A Semi Finalist      Carpenter
2004         9        3     27.1      2A Semi Finalist      Carpenter
2006       11        2      26.9     2A State Runner-up      Carpenter
2007       10        2      23.2     2A Quarter Finalist      Carpenter
2018      12         2    17.7     2A State Champions     Jones
2010         8        4     8.9      2A Second Round      Carpenter
2016         8        4     6.1      3A Second Round      Carpenter
2015         7        3     -0.04      2A Second Round      Carpenter

I'll yield to a Hazen fan it they want to do the same their teams.  http://calpreps.com/2018/ratings/Arkansas_division.htm#2A  (It's a good debate starter within the family)

But do you honestly think his including Hazen's roster size in his post wasn't a poke at what the talking heads AETN hired kept saying was JC 60-person roster?

Bringing the 9th graders up, even if they don't get on the field, accomplishes at least:
   exposure to big game atmosphere
   extra practice time for them and fresh meat for the varsity
   and against some opponents (NOT SAYING HAZEN), intimidation just by looking across the field.

bleudog

December 12, 2018, 11:28:40 am #891 Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 11:34:14 am by bleudog
Quote from: cav2012 on December 12, 2018, 10:59:47 am
depth

With all the posts about 60-man roster, I still think it would be interesting to see number of players who got playing time for each team thru the first two and 1/2 quarters.  I'm not saying the numbers would be equal, I'm just guessing they wouldn't be as far apart as the dressed out numbers would make some people think.

cav2012

December 12, 2018, 11:35:09 am #892 Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 11:44:34 am by cav2012
Quote from: bleudog on December 12, 2018, 11:28:40 am
With all the posts about 60-man roster, I still think it would be interesting to see number of players who got playing time for each team thru the first three quarters.
im a few years removed from the hazen program, but I have a feeling more of our 2 way players play on special teams in comparison to jc. That's where the depth (36 v 22ish) comes into play.

cav2012

Quote from: bleudog on December 12, 2018, 11:24:13 am
I took his complement as program but he could have been referring to the 2018 team.

I agree with you that JC's 2014 team was better than 2018 but 2014 may not have been as good as 2003 and maybe 1999 (before LaLaLand recognized football existed outside California.  Here's how their computer rank Dragon teams back to 2003

2003       15        0      59.8     2A State Champion      Carpenter
2014       13        0      41.5     2A State Champion      Carpenter
2012       14        1      41.1     2A State Champion      Carpenter
2009       13        1      40.8     2A State Champion      Carpenter
2008       13        0      37.6     2A State Champion      Carpenter
2013       13        0      37.4     2A State Champion      Carpenter
2017       13        1      32.4     3A State Runner-up      Jones
2011         9        2     29.9      2A Semi Finalist      Carpenter
2005         9        4     27.8      2A Semi Finalist      Carpenter
2004         9        3     27.1      2A Semi Finalist      Carpenter
2006       11        2      26.9     2A State Runner-up      Carpenter
2007       10        2      23.2     2A Quarter Finalist      Carpenter
2018      12         2    17.7     2A State Champions     Jones
2010         8        4     8.9      2A Second Round      Carpenter
2016         8        4     6.1      3A Second Round      Carpenter
2015         7        3     -0.04      2A Second Round      Carpenter

I'll yield to a Hazen fan it they want to do the same their teams.  http://calpreps.com/2018/ratings/Arkansas_division.htm#2A  (It's a good debate starter within the family)

But do you honestly think his including Hazen's roster size in his post wasn't a poke at what the talking heads AETN hired kept saying was JC 60-person roster?

Bringing the 9th graders up, even if they don't get on the field, accomplishes at least:
   exposure to big game atmosphere
   extra practice time for them and fresh meat for the varsity
   and against some opponents (NOT SAYING HAZEN), intimidation just by looking across the field.
yea program makes more sense. I'm to young to remember 03 and 99. 14 was a team though for sure. I didn't read it as him poking at jc, but who knows. We, like many other schools have plenty of athletes walking the halls that could immediately help the team. We will never reach 50+ (9-12) but no excuse why we shouldn't reach mid30s.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: cav2012 on December 12, 2018, 11:35:09 am
im a few years removed from the hazen program, but I have a feeling more of our 2 way players play on special teams in comparison to jc. That's where the depth (36 v 22ish) comes into play.

Well if that's the case blame coaching....

cav2012

bleudog

Quote from: cav2012 on December 12, 2018, 11:35:09 am
im a few years removed from the hazen program, but I have a feeling more of our 2 way players play on special teams in comparison to jc. That’s where the depth (36 v 22ish) comes into play.

Yep, I'm not familiar enough with the players over the last two years and don't know enough about Jones' philosophy, but Carpenter seemed to favor using as many non-starting sophomores and juniors on special teams as reasonably possible.  I think the strength in that policy is more in getting younger non-starters some game exposure and maintaining their focus/interest in the game than it is in giving a two-way starter a one play rest.  Too many kids quit these days if all they're doing is practicing, watching or playing in blowout games.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: bleudog on December 12, 2018, 12:40:06 pm
Yep, I'm not familiar enough with the players over the last two years and don't know enough about Jones' philosophy, but Carpenter seemed to favor using as many non-starting sophomores and juniors on special teams as reasonably possible.  I think the strength in that policy is more in getting younger non-starters some game exposure and maintaining their focus/interest in the game than it is in giving a two-way starter a one play rest.  Too many kids quit these days if all they're doing is practicing, watching or playing in blowout games.
Hazen had to play two way starters on special teams or the game would have gotten way out of hand before it did.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: cav2012 on December 12, 2018, 12:35:35 pm
I disagree sterling

If u can't find kids to take the key players spots to give rest then join 8 man

i40traveler

Quote from: THA TRUTH on December 12, 2018, 12:57:51 pm

If u can't find kids to take the key players spots to give rest then join 8 man

Thats 2A football.  We've established JC doesn't know anything about that. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas