• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

EARLY Final Four Predictions

Started by Zebras98, October 21, 2018, 06:21:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebras98

Any thoughts on projecting way out into the future? Lets hear 'em!

DogCatcher

Bville
Mayflower
Prescott/CHG winner
Newport/Osceola winner

jay nelvin

Quote from: DogCatcher on October 21, 2018, 06:26:57 pm
Bville
Mayflower
Prescott/CHG winner
Newport/Osceola winner
Just not sold on Mayflower

teachers pet

Yeah, because Glen Rose only beat Mayflower 40-14! lol

knownothingboutfallball

Quote from: DogCatcher on October 21, 2018, 06:26:57 pm
Bville
Mayflower
Prescott/CHG winner
Newport/Osceola winner
No Clinton you have gone crazy

ROULETTE

DogCatcher

DogCatcher

Quote from: knownothingboutfallball on October 21, 2018, 07:23:13 pm
No Clinton you have gone crazy
Clinton like Rison have weak schedules, will expose them in the playoffs.

Warriors023

And Booneville doesn't have a weak schedule?? The only challenging games for them this year has been Pottsville and Lamar this Friday. I'll take Booneville losing out in the round of 8 or the final 4

elmerfudd

Quote from: Warriors023 on October 21, 2018, 08:27:56 pm
And Booneville doesn't have a weak schedule?? The only challenging games for them this year has been Pottsville and Lamar this Friday. I'll take Booneville losing out in the round of 8 or the final 4

To who??

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Warriors023 on October 21, 2018, 08:27:56 pm

You keep comparing Lamar to Pottsville. LOL.  We played Dardanelle Ozark Pottsville Clarksville. You barely beat Greenland and Mansfield and we mercy ruled them.   Your don't have a clue what your in for Friday night.  Cats can win this game by as many points as they want to. 

Bearcatdad

Smackover
Rison
Booneville
Prescott

jay nelvin

SR30

October 21, 2018, 10:14:33 pm #13 Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 06:32:59 am by SR30
Booneville is looking solid all around. They are the team to beat imo..if everything plays out they could be playing a finally healthy Glen Rose or a solid scrappy camden HG. That's if HG doesn't pull off wins against smack & Prescott. Any of those teams will give Booneville a battle

501Arkansas

Don't forget about Osceola and Newport

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 21, 2018, 11:24:28 pm
Don't forget about Osceola and Newport
You know no team from this area were mention as much last season. I guess yall will have too prove them wrong again 501 ;D 8)

sprained ankle

Quote from: ISU7 on October 22, 2018, 10:40:16 am
You know no team from this area were mention as much last season. I guess yall will have too prove them wrong again 501 ;D 8)
We don't play football in NE Arkansas.

Proud Buckaroo

Just as long as one town doesn't claim themselves state champions tooooo early. Lol.

Smackover Fan

Bonneville
Smackover
Prescott
SomeoneElse

JeffSavagIV

Smackover
Booneville
Glen Rose
Rison

CURLEYWOLF24

Quote from: JeffSavagIV on October 22, 2018, 01:04:58 pm
Smackover
Booneville
Glen Rose
Rison
I believe Glen Rose and Booneville would meet before the semi's.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: CURLEYWOLF24 on October 22, 2018, 01:30:36 pm
I believe Glen Rose and Booneville would meet before the semi's.
Rd 3.  Stinks when one seeds meet before the semis.

501Arkansas

Got to

501Arkansas

Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 22, 2018, 02:00:27 pm
Got to
They yelling Charleston this Charleston that and Prescott this Prescott that and got punish easily

Jimbo Morphis

How do you expect an educated pick on here when no one has seen your teams play. People always  pick teams from their part of the state. You need more NE Ark people on here. The only threads that are worse are the best ever threads.

OLDSCHOOL82

Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 22, 2018, 02:01:22 pm
They yelling Charleston this Charleston that and Prescott this Prescott that and got punish easily

Translation please?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 22, 2018, 02:01:22 pm
Kinda like Osceola in basketball?

BuckHead

Quote from: Bearcatdad on October 21, 2018, 08:55:25 pm
Smackover
Rison
Booneville
Prescott
My thoughts exactly. I think Smackover and Booneville will meet for the title.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BuckHead on October 22, 2018, 03:50:13 pm
My thoughts exactly. I think Smackover and Booneville will meet for the title.
Bet they don't

BuckHead

Quote from: Oldman on October 22, 2018, 03:50:53 pm
Bet they don't
And what's your reasoning? Clinton or Prescott beating Booneville?

CoolBreeze

Osceola
Harding Academy
Clinton
Newport

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: BuckHead on October 22, 2018, 04:00:26 pm
And what's your reasoning? Clinton or Prescott beating Booneville?
Nope, what is your reasoning for picking those two? Have you seen anyone outside your conference?

panther07

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 22, 2018, 04:05:07 pm
Osceola
Harding Academy
Clinton
Newport

I like where your head is. We're playing good ball at the moment.

BuckHead

Quote from: Oldman on October 22, 2018, 04:07:41 pm
Nope, what is your reasoning for picking those two? Have you seen anyone outside your conference?
Yep. I've seen those top 4 I picked and a couple more teams. With the way the bracket is set up I dont see Smackover losing to Danville, Osceola, or Rison. Then I won't see Prescott stopping Booneville ground attack or any other team on that side of the bracket. Your thoughts?

BuckHead

October 22, 2018, 05:23:58 pm #34 Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 05:27:22 pm by BuckHead
Plus Osceola struggled with Piggott up until halftime so I don't think they'll be able to deal with a Smackover team that's constantly getting better. Smackover defense is salty, Qb getting better and better each week, and these Modica boys keep producing. #23 had 20 tackles last week with 2 forced fumbles. Same kid that forced the fumble against Prescott. That's going to be hard to stop on Smackover side of the bracket. Plus Turner is averaging more than any running back in 3a right now as far as I know. ( I could be wrong) He currently averages a little over 14 yards a carry tho.

501Arkansas

Quote from: BuckHead on October 22, 2018, 05:23:58 pm
Plus Osceola struggled with Piggott up until halftime so I don't think they'll be able to deal with a Smackover team that's constantly getting better. Smackover defense is salty, Qb getting better and better each week, and these Modica boys keep producing. #23 had 20 tackles last week with 2 forced fumbles. Same kid that forced the fumble against Prescott. That's going to be hard to stop on Smackover side of the bracket. Plus Turner is averaging more than any running back in 3a right now as far as I know. ( I could be wrong) He currently averages a little over 14 yards a carry tho.
I wouldn't say struggles against piggott. Piggott is a run the ball and milk the clock kind of team and that's what they did in the first half. A win is a win and  Smackover isn't the only team that's getting better each week. Osceola getting better each week as well. But we shall see

Smackover Fan

If it goes the way I think it will, Smackovers next big challenge will be CHG. After that it will be Booneville or a rematch with Prescott in Little Rock. I've seen everyone in the current Hootens (meh) top 10 play. I try to compare where teams are usually successful, and almost every one of them has success with speed outside. I PROMISE there isn't a faster defense than Smackovers. There may be a better one, Prescott comes to mind down here as a contender, but there absolutely is not one that has the overall speed. My Little Rock prediction may be bold to some, but I'm going with Smackover and Prescott.

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Smackover Fan on October 22, 2018, 07:19:17 pm
If it goes the way I think it will, Smackovers next big challenge will be CHG. After that it will be Booneville or a rematch with Prescott in Little Rock. I've seen everyone in the current Hootens (meh) top 10 play. I try to compare where teams are usually successful, and almost every one of them has success with speed outside. I PROMISE there isn't a faster defense than Smackovers. There may be a better one, Prescott comes to mind down here as a contender, but there absolutely is not one that has the overall speed. My Little Rock prediction may be bold to some, but I'm going with Smackover and Prescott.

A little bold but I don't think Prescott can beat Booneville.  Should be smackover and Booneville in the finals

Smackover Fan

Quote from: Bearcatdad on October 22, 2018, 07:49:46 pm
A little bold but I don't think Prescott can beat Booneville.  Should be smackover and Booneville in the finals

I think Booneville and Prescott are similar in play style, and I just know more about them. I've admittedly seen less of Booneville than anyone else. Part of it may be me wanting to see that rematch too lol

Bearcatdad

Quote from: Smackover Fan on October 22, 2018, 08:29:32 pm
I think Booneville and Prescott are similar in play style, and I just know more about them. I've admittedly seen less of Booneville than anyone else. Part of it may be me wanting to see that rematch too lol

I totally understand your thinking.

BuckHead

Smackover team is fast as they come. I've seen every team come through here in the past 20 years and this team is right there with the best of them as far as speed. Smackover has a stable of skilled players also. Also I seen this coach in action too with a group similar to this before he came to Smackover. He knows how to put that talent right where he needs to in my opinion. He has Crockett on this team as well who's brother plays for Missouri that's similar to a back he coached a few years ago (LaMichael James). I'm not saying it's a cake walk for Smackover to get to Little Rock but it's going to be VERY tough to stop this group of kids. Again, just my opinion.

Jimbo Morphis

How did all you guys miss this talent Smackover has before now? No one picked them in the preseason. Not even the Homer's.

BuckHead

"all you"? I'm a bench warmer lol

SR30

I'm glad to see all of you think Booneville is going to make it through so easily..

snoopy22

I agree Smackover has outstanding speed....speed at every defensive position I would give to Prescott possibly, but Smackover definitely has 4 absolute game breakers.  CHG has 2 big time gamebreakers.....Three good teams for sure out of this conference.  I believe the Osceola Newport winner will be a difficult matchup for Smackover. If they survive that game I feel very strongly they will be in War Memorial.  Prescott will have to survive at Clinton, at home against either Newport Osceola loser or McGehee, and then at Booneville Glen Rose winner, unless CHG upsets one of them.  Some great football in the near future for 3A football.  I am not sure this Smackover team isn't better than the finalist team with Jones and company.  Prescott is very similar to championship team from 2016.  Booneville is still the favorite, and Clinton is right there with Booneville, Glen Rose is very good, and Rison is a wild card.  Osceola and Newport are real contenders.  I'm going to say those 8 are contenders and CHG is number 9 with a chance to move up these next two weeks.

501Arkansas

Quote from: snoopy22 on October 22, 2018, 10:19:44 pm
I agree Smackover has outstanding speed....speed at every defensive position I would give to Prescott possibly, but Smackover definitely has 4 absolute game breakers.  CHG has 2 big time gamebreakers.....Three good teams for sure out of this conference.  I believe the Osceola Newport winner will be a difficult matchup for Smackover. If they survive that game I feel very strongly they will be in War Memorial.  Prescott will have to survive at Clinton, at home against either Newport Osceola loser or McGehee, and then at Booneville Glen Rose winner, unless CHG upsets one of them.  Some great football in the near future for 3A football.  I am not sure this Smackover team isn't better than the finalist team with Jones and company.  Prescott is very similar to championship team from 2016.  Booneville is still the favorite, and Clinton is right there with Booneville, Glen Rose is very good, and Rison is a wild card.  Osceola and Newport are real contenders.  I'm going to say those 8 are contenders and CHG is number 9 with a chance to move up these next two weeks.
+1

Dapper Dan

Smackover
Prescott
Rison
Booneville

ISU7

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 22, 2018, 12:02:42 pm
Just as long as one town doesn't claim themselves state champions tooooo early. Lol.
Gotcha PB  lol

ISU7

Quote from: snoopy22 on October 22, 2018, 10:19:44 pm
Yall better listen too my man Snoopy 💯🏈

sprained ankle

Didn't Osceola beat the crap out of Prescott and didn't Rivercrest beat the crap out of everybody last year except Newport? Didn't Newport knock off the almighty Glenn Rose? They do play football in NE Arkansas believe it or not. The proof is in the pudding as they say.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas