• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2 - 2A

Started by ab24, September 19, 2014, 09:21:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ab24

any idea how this conference will line up, both girls and boys?  Salem girls have been good, how good they gonna be?  wth midland joining the conf, will their boys or girls compete?  WCC boys were salty last year, will they continue the success?  What about Sloan with Cude, will the players respond?

Mustang Fan

Look out for Midlands boys!!  New Coach (Lawrence) who has a talented group of juniors who are willing to leave it all on the court!!

Greyhound#1

Salem girls won't loose in conference play.  I'm not exaggerating when I say there loaded.  They will be loaded for four more years.  They have 8th grader that the best girl player I have ever seen play ag her age.  She is phenomenal.  Can't want to watch her high school days.

Salem boys. They graduated everyone.   If Salem coach gets these boys to go .500 then he needs a raise.   There gonna have some size.  Just worried were the scoring is gonna come from. 

Boys conference is up for grabs because I don't know anyone that's gonna stand above the rest except maybe WCC.  There coach impressed me a lot last year.

ab24

I agree salem girls will be tough, and very hard to beat at home.

WCC boys coach did do a great job starting the turn around with that program.  anxious to see how they look this year.  What are the thoughts on sloan with Cude?  Will they show big gains as well?

Greyhound#1

Sloan boys will be top three but still one year away.  You cant start all sophmores and expect to finish strong.  Now next year I expect them to compete at regional.  Then that group will be a state contender there senior year.  That's pretty talented group but they will have to it alone cause There no upper classman help.

ab24

yes I expect cude to get sloan closer to the top.  they should be much improved.  so if sloan is top 3, and wcc should be top 3 as well, who else will compete for the top spots?

pootnscoot

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 07, 2014, 10:37:29 am
Sloan boys will be top three but still one year away.  You cant start all sophomores and expect to finish strong.  Now next year I expect them to compete at regional.  Then that group will be a state contender there senior year.  That's pretty talented group but they will have to it alone cause There no upper classman help.

Sloan will not start all sophomores and  have a  8-9 deep rotation. 2 seniors including a move in from Black Rock due to that school closing will most likely start.  A scrappy defensive oriented junior will start and another will be quick off the bench. Of course, the talented sophomores will play a lot of minutes as well with 2 starting and others providing depth..  No telling who starts by the end of the regular season. They will not be an easy first round match up this year in regionals if they make it and quite entertaining to watch if you like up tempo  defensive pressure  oriented basketball.

Greyhound#1

Just me throwing this out there.

Boys
1st   WCC
2nd  Pangburn
3rd   Sloan
4th   Midland(I just don't know) Could be just hype because new coach talk
5th   Salem
6th   Tuckerman(I believe they graduated there top scorer)_
7th   Walnut Ridge

Girls
Salem
Sloan
Tuckerman
WCC
Pangburn
Midland
Walnut Ridge(I was thinking they graduated alot)  They looked good a conference tournament last year.  So this prediction could change based on how many seniors they had.

Last three I think is a toss up.  Hope Salem can put together a competitive team.  I know the coach can coach just got to have the boys believe they can win.

ab24

as far as boys goes, walnut ridge is well coached and has a couple of really good players.  really big and strong jr post player if I remember right. 

I am very curious to see midland this year.  I heard that they got killed last year most games.  just wonder how much the new coach can improve from that.

football for both of these teams hurts their bball tho

ab24

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 07, 2014, 01:22:08 pm

Boys
1st   WCC
2nd  Pangburn
3rd   Sloan
5th   Salem
7th   Walnut Ridge

Surprised to see Pangburn up that high as #2. expecting much out of them?

BoxNOne

I would be willing to bet that Walnut Ridge boys won't be last.

ab24

Quote from: BoxNOne on October 07, 2014, 09:55:50 pm
I would be willing to bet that Walnut Ridge boys won't be last.

Very good point. They will not finish last

chickasaw fan

who is this 8th grader you are talking about?? I would like to see her. There are a lot of god jr high players out there. What summer program is she with?? 

Greyhound#1

Sunny Martin....  She plays with the mavericks.  Which I think is some players from mtn view and mtn home area.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: ab24 on October 07, 2014, 08:59:24 pm

Boys
1st   WCC
2nd  Pangburn
3rd   Sloan
5th   Salem
7th   Walnut Ridge

I think I got pangburn and tuckerman mixed up

ab24

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 08, 2014, 08:19:23 pm

Boys
1st   WCC
2nd  Pangburn
3rd   Sloan
5th   Salem
7th   Walnut Ridge

That makes more sense. I Don't think  tuckerman will be that good but Pangburn really shouldn't be that high, at least I wouldn't think they should be.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 08, 2014, 08:14:52 pm
Sunny Martin....  She plays with the mavericks.  Which I think is some players from mtn view and mtn home area.

Sounds like a dandy!! good luck to this young player!!

Greyhound#1

Quote from: ab24 on October 08, 2014, 09:17:57 pm

Boys
1st   WCC
2nd  Pangburn
3rd   Sloan
5th   Salem
7th   Walnut Ridge

That makes more sense. I Don't think  tuckerman will be that good but Pangburn really shouldn't be that high, at least I wouldn't think they should be.

Be honest with you in the boys.  2 thru 7 is are gonna battle in conference but won't have a chance at regional.  Not much seperation at all. 

ab24

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 08, 2014, 10:42:00 pm
Quote from: ab24 on October 08, 2014, 09:17:57 pm

Boys
1st   WCC
2nd  Pangburn
3rd   Sloan
5th   Salem
7th   Walnut Ridge

Be honest with you in the boys.  2 thru 7 is are gonna battle in conference but won't have a chance at regional.  Not much seperation at all.

You think WCC will be that much ahead of the rest? I think they lost in regionals last year too. Sounds like the whole conf won't have a shot at going past regionals this year

Greyhound#1

Wcc is gonna be really good. 

ab24

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 09, 2014, 10:42:19 am
Wcc is gonna be really good.

Guess it'll be a battle for spots 2-4, and those lucky enough to get those spots get thumped in regionals!!

Silky Johnson

This conf. may not get a team in state. Earle, EPC, and BIC are the top 3 from the 2A-3 and riverside and BIC good swap the 3 and 4 spot.

ab24

Guess losing Cedar Ridge took most of the talent out of this conf!  WCC will prob dominate the conf but even they will have difficult time making state!

Greyhound#1

Quote from: ab24 on October 09, 2014, 11:48:37 am
Guess losing Cedar Ridge took most of the talent out of this conf!  WCC will prob dominate the conf but even they will have difficult time making state!

Only for this year.  Next year will be a different story. 

Mustang Fan

Football at Midland or Walnut Ridge will not affect the basketball.  May take a game or two for midland players to learn new coaches system. Looks like they gonna play a style similar to coach Mckenny so they should pick it up easily

Tigger

Boys.                    Girls
WCC                   Salem
Pangburn             Pangburn
Walnut Ridge        Tuckerman
Sloan                   Walnut Ridge
Tuckerman            WCC
Salem                   Sloan
Midland                 Midland

ab24

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Tigger is from Pangburn, seeing as how he has Pangburn listed #2 in both girls and boys. im not saying he is wrong, no telling what will happen this year, but I'd say he might b a little biased.

Greyhound#1

In the boys after WCC you can put them any order

Mustang Fan

I would say you were right on ab24. I am hoping Midland boys can turn things around with new leader.  But to have the Lady Mustangs last he may miss this one. They can compete with anyone in conference. The best shooter in conference returning inside or outside. I pick them to finish in top 3

pootnscoot

Watched Sloan in the Hillcrest Jamboree. Opened with a 23-0 run against a very overmatched Maynard team. Dominated  Hillcrest as well with the subs playing majority of game. Sloan is using a 9-10 man rotation which will probably drop to 8 in a contested matchup.

tacomeat

October 21, 2014, 10:06:00 pm #30 Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 05:56:52 pm by tacomeat
Just watched Tuckerman @ Bradford tonite - they're gonna have looooong season.

tacomeat

October 21, 2014, 10:08:16 pm #31 Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 05:57:38 pm by tacomeat
Quote from: tacomeat on October 21, 2014, 10:06:00 pm
Just watched Tuckerman @ Bradford tonite - they're gonna have looooong season.

This was about SR Boys. Girls didn't look that bad.

razorbackhog

How did Tuckerman Girls look?  BIC plays them in 2 weeks

tacomeat

Quote from: razorbackhog on October 22, 2014, 12:55:18 pm
How did Tuckerman Girls look?  BIC plays them in 2 weeks

They have a good point guard 5'11" who handles well, but no other ball handlers which killed them in this game, & a good post. They lost 52-34, but I think they didn't play well & should be better. They have nearly the whole team back (if y'all played them last yr.).

Ctucker

WCC boys looking good. They don't have a lot of depth. Defense looks as good as I've seen.its early but shooting a lot better from outside that hurt them last year they have been working hard on it.They look better than last year to me. And the Horten kid is a human highlight reel.

Greyhound24

Tuckerman looked better Thursday night against a good Nemo Vista team won the game 47-45. They are young and will be up and down all year.

Timberwolf08

WCC should handle y'all's conference this year, but as was said earlier, I'm expecting 2A-3 to sweep regional unless the Bears stamina gets WAYYYYY stronger. They played within 5-10 with CR last night but ran out of gas mid-way through the third quarter and got beat by 20 or so much like the district tourney last year. And CR isn't known for conditioning. Our boys sucked air all through rehional and state last year. Best of luck to yall this year.

Random add on...if the Sloan boys are tough people, Cude will get more out of them basketball wise than is actually there.

Hogfan167

Sloan beat Pangburn by 25 last night. Cude is a good coach but it helps to walk into good young talent.

pootnscoot

Sloan progressing nicely. Will not be an easy out at Regionals.  They get tested next week. WCC Friday night on the road and Cedar Ridge Saturday at the Highland Classic.

Ctucker

WCC lost to cedar by 20 it was a 7 point game at half got in foul trouble.we just didn't play very good but no excuses because it was probally more cedar than it was playing bad. Austin reeves is a stud if y'all press him he will shoot a lot of lay ups.he grew but steel sees the court great and looks to score now and believe me he can do it as good a player as I've seen right there with brother on offense but a better defender.

Timberwolf08

Austin and Cade played with three fouls the better part of the second half. Yes. It was CR not the foul trouble. But really, some mega conditioning for WCC and that's a single digit game. Best of luck to you in 2A.

Ctucker

Good luck to y'all too. Im going to get y'all's schedule and come watch as much as possible like watching y'all very unselfish and give it all for the win.

doubled

I was very impressed wit WCC I think they will win their conf and make it to state. They pressed CR all night and never ran out of wind, CR can handle any press! but most teams want handle wcc press it was good. Good luck WCC

Ctucker

WCC beat midlands boys by 30 tonight missed game had to work but we was up 48 to 13 at half.

Mustang Fan

After watching WCC boys they are a talented group of young men who should sweep the conference,  but don't think they are quick enough to win a regional game to advance to state tournament

Ctucker

I think we will make state. Only lose so far was to cedar and a lot of teams will get to say that.Beat Augusta by 18.But it's to early to think about state a lot can happen before that.

Baller_34

Sloan Sr Boys beat Pangburn by 20 or so last Friday night

NEAscout100

Sloan and WCC play tonight, what's yalls thoughts on this game?

Ctucker

I have no ideal on game,we beat Sloan pretty bad last year. But from reading they sound pretty good.Do they press and play uptempo.Beating pangburn that bad has got are attention should be good game to watch.I know there's been a lot of talk about us sweeping conference, but that's hard to do.

Ctucker

WCC 33 Sloan 23 halftime

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas