• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jeremy Cude hired by Sloan Hendrix

Started by pootnscoot, May 05, 2014, 11:20:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pootnscoot

Real deal

Timberwolf08

Wolfman34

Batesville must be an awful place to try to coach basketball. Fulkes left after one season and Cude did the same. Money not great but atmosphere is real issue I believe...

ab24

it seems that the people who benefit from Batesville basketball are Batesville SS and Cedar Ridge.  anyone who wants to focus on bball leaves Batesville bc the odds are stacked against any success there on the court.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ab24 on May 07, 2014, 11:57:48 am
it seems that the people who benefit from Batesville basketball are Batesville SS and Cedar Ridge.  anyone who wants to focus on bball leaves Batesville bc the odds are stacked against any success there on the court.

Cude leaving Batesville for an awful 2A program says alot about the state of affairs for Batesville Basketball...

Real deal

Hmmmm sounds familiar, but it can't be can it,  someone leaves a school that doesn't give a rip about basketball and moves to a neighbor who does?  Makes way to much sense!!  Ab this isn't meant toward you in anyway, just some of my fellow 1A brethren.

ab24

I understand real deal, I am just stating the obvious.  Nearby schools benefit from schools with terrible programs.  just the way it works

Real deal

Quote from: ab24 on May 07, 2014, 01:19:33 pm
I understand real deal, I am just stating the obvious.  Nearby schools benefit from schools with terrible programs.  just the way it works

Yes sir, I agree 100%.

HorseFeathers

Was bout to say, come on Real Deal leave that on the 1A board where you and Lion/Cougarfan can spar about it.

Real deal

Quote from: HF on May 07, 2014, 02:14:34 pm
Was bout to say, come on Real Deal leave that on the 1A board where you and Lion/Cougarfan can spar about it.

Sorry, couldn't help it

Lionfan 18

Quote from: Real deal on May 07, 2014, 01:14:03 pm

Hmmmm sounds familiar, but it can't be can it,  someone leaves a school that doesn't give a rip about basketball and moves to a neighbor who does?  Makes way to much sense!!  Ab this isn't meant toward you in anyway, just some of my fellow 1A brethren.
Am I your 1A brethren? How many starters from Cedar Ridge's back to back state titles were from Batesville, did the Reeves and Crabtree kids transfer in?

Lionfan 18

May 07, 2014, 08:47:40 pm #12 Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 09:04:21 pm by Lionfan 18
Quote from: HF on May 07, 2014, 02:14:34 pm
Lion/Cougarfan 18 checking in.  ;) modify

Real deal

Quote from: Lionfan 18 on May 07, 2014, 08:46:56 pm
Quote from: Real deal on May 07, 2014, 01:14:03 pm

Am I your 1A brethren? How many starters from Cedar Ridge's back to back state titles were from Batesville, did the Reeves and Crabtree kids transfer in?

Yes you are and I have no idea. Sounds like it has happened though. Let's me and you continue on 1a board so we don't get in trouble.

Lionfan 18

Did Jeremy Cude coach at Viola before he went to Batesville?

bdog32

The reaves boys and crabtrees have always been at cedar ridge. Had a few jr high kids move in last year

Lionfan 18

Quote from: bdog32 on May 08, 2014, 08:03:16 am
The reaves boys and crabtrees have always been at cedar ridge. Had a few jr high kids move in last year
Thanks for the info. There ya go ring deal.

Real deal

Quote from: Lionfan 18 on May 07, 2014, 09:54:31 pm
Did Jeremy Cude coach at Viola before he went to Batesville?

Mammoth spring riverview batesville

Real deal

May 08, 2014, 03:47:47 pm #18 Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 10:29:41 pm by Real deal

Lionfan 18

Quote from: Real deal on May 08, 2014, 03:47:47 pm

Might be because cedar ridge has been good?  Don't let lion/cougar fan know this, he doesn't understand such things and it will ruin his perception of his conspiracy theory that kids only move into a little town 5 miles south of Jonesboro. Lol
Yea they move from towns like Maynard, Weiner and Trumann which by the way is probably only just 10 miles from jonesboro. No state titles for Bay without move ins, fact.

pootnscoot

Sloan Hendrix is not an awful 2A program. A solid tradition of basketball success exist minus the last few years in which a lack of talent combined with a couple of  questionable coaching hires produced the worst losing streak in school history. Coach Cude and a talented 10th grade class is something to look forward too.

Real deal

Quote from: Lionfan 18 on May 08, 2014, 06:11:26 pm
Quote from: Real deal on May 08, 2014, 03:47:47 pm

Might be because cedar ridge has been good?  Don't let lion/cougar fan know this, he doesn't understand such things and it will ruin his perception of his conspiracy theory that kids only move into a little town 5 miles south of Jonesboro. Lol
Yea they move from towns like Maynard, Weiner and Trumann which by the way is probably only just 10 miles from jonesboro. No state titles for Bay without move ins, fact.

Nothing you say is fact, but it's always entertaining!! Good news this year, the basketball loss might have helped us in baseball. Just got word we beat mammoth spring 1-0. State bound!!!  They are younger than the basketball team. I hope there are rings galore to be bought over the next 3 yrs!!  Don't you?  Anyway back on topic, Sloan has hired a good coach.

Moonshiner

Quote from: pootnscoot on May 09, 2014, 10:25:45 am
Sloan Hendrix is not an awful 2A program. A solid tradition of basketball success exist minus the last few years in which a lack of talent combined with a couple of  questionable coaching hires produced the worst losing streak in school history. Coach Cude and a talented 10th grade class is something to look forward too.

I usually agree with you on a lot of your posts but not here.  Rick Grisham was/is a good coach.  The biblical saying about making a silk purse out of a Sows ear applies here.  He didn't have much to work with while he was there.

Sourmilkstain

Cude didn't even put in for Batesville job.  The AD called him & talked him into it by promising things to him & then didn't follow through on them.  Because of that Cude had to leave or things would just continue to compound. 
Sloan pretty much dominated the conference in 2A Jr high this year & will be a solid program again w/this hire.  If I'm not mistaken Cude played at Sloan until his HS yrs as a player.  So going home may have enticed him. 
Batesville AD has killed the future of kids & you will never see another coach on the level of a Cude come in there & succeed.  The AD will not allow that to happen!  Shoot, who remembers the dominance of baseball at Batesville?  Yea, that program is way down as well. 
Both boys & girls basketball jobs are open in Pioneer country.  I pray for anyone unfortunate enough to have to take those jobs.

Timberwolf08

Coach Cude likes rough at tough kids...they don't have those at batesville. Sloan's kids are probably very coachable, the young baseball coach up there has improved them tremendously. Some of our boys played baseball with some kids from batesville who are now on the basketball team up there and they'd, at 10-12 years old, throw full on hissy fits crying and rolling around if they didn't get their way with their parents. Something tells me that didn't jive with Coach Cude. He'll make Sloan a real threat in 2A if y'all have some shooters. I know he can whip the defense into shape. And the only starter transfer we have at CR is Easley...but he came in in early junior high from Cave City. Taylor Ford, a freshman transfer will probably start with Crabtree, Reaves, Easley and Harrison.

ZoneBuster

Hogfan167

When a guy is at four schools in four years there must be something going on. May be hard to play for.

btownbomber

Quote from: Timberwolf08 on May 09, 2014, 10:55:15 pm
Coach Cude likes rough at tough kids...they don't have those at batesville. Sloan's kids are probably very coachable, the young baseball coach up there has improved them tremendously. Some of our boys played baseball with some kids from batesville who are now on the basketball team up there and they'd, at 10-12 years old, throw full on hissy fits crying and rolling around if they didn't get their way with their parents. Something tells me that didn't jive with Coach Cude. He'll make Sloan a real threat in 2A if y'all have some shooters. I know he can whip the defense into shape. And the only starter transfer we have at CR is Easley...but he came in in early junior high from Cave City. Taylor Ford, a freshman transfer will probably start with Crabtree, Reaves, Easley and Harrison.
Easley, Ford and Vinson all transferred to CR from Batesville. Ford and Vinson still live in Batesville. All three are basketballers [[/i]and baseballers who could've helped Batesville not only in basketball but baseball. Basketball program so bad in Batesville that baseballers are moving out!

Real deal

Quote from: btownbomber on June 03, 2014, 02:52:29 pm
Quote from: Timberwolf08 on May 09, 2014, 10:55:15 pm
Easley, Ford and Vinson all transferred to CR from Batesville. Ford and Vinson still live in Batesville. All three are basketballers [[/i]and baseballers who could've helped Batesville not only in basketball but baseball. Basketball program so bad in Batesville that baseballers are moving out!

Wish you would have been around before my boy lion/cougarfan disappeared!!

Old Man River

Saw him coach when he was at Riverview. Wouldn't talk to my dogs the way he addressed those boys... totally understand demanding performance, but belittling another person in that way was pretty telling of his character as an man molding young men.

pootnscoot

Quote from: Old Man River on June 04, 2014, 12:55:50 am
Saw him coach when he was at Riverview. Wouldn't talk to my dogs the way he addressed those boys... totally understand demanding performance, but belittling another person in that way was pretty telling of his character as an man molding young men.
Must be poodles.

Cinderella

Or cats. Old man, you just don't need to go his games then. Cude is an excellent coach. Kids need more discipline in their lives these days. The biggest mistake a coach can make is let players slide by.

bdog32

Easley was at CR 7th and 8th and only at batesville 1 year. Ford lives 5 min from CR highschool. Vinsen only one that live close to batesville and it's probably just as quick to get to CR from his house as it is to batesville.  Easley now had 2 rings because he went back to CR and the other 2 have 1 ring.  Good move by all 3.

btownbomber

Quote from: Sourmilkstain on May 09, 2014, 03:43:00 pm
Cude didn't even put in for Batesville job.  The AD called him & talked him into it by promising things to him & then didn't follow through on them.  Because of that Cude had to leave or things would just continue to compound. 
Sloan pretty much dominated the conference in 2A Jr high this year & will be a solid program again w/this hire.  If I'm not mistaken Cude played at Sloan until his HS yrs as a player.  So going home may have enticed him. 
Batesville AD has killed the future of kids & you will never see another coach on the level of a Cude come in there & succeed.  The AD will not allow that to happen!  Shoot, who remembers the dominance of baseball at Batesville?  Yea, that program is way down as well. 
Both boys & girls basketball jobs are open in Pioneer country.  I pray for anyone unfortunate enough to have to take those jobs.
Let me guess, also football coach?

Oldref

I been around a long time and I don't remember Batesville ever being really good in Basketball. I know coach Box was there and did a good job for quite a while but don't remember them being in the hunt for a championship. Now I could have forgotten a year or two along the way so someone correct me if I am mistaken. Baseball was a completely different story until just lately. A few years back they were tough in Baseball and had a great following in that sport every year. Seems they are just interested in Football these days. Coach Fowler will do a good job with girls if they have some talent.

pootnscoot

Coach Cude has the Hounds playing much better. Will surprise a few folks this year.

4real

Speaking of batesville basketball...

Didn't they win some 4 state titles during the 80's in girls basketball?

Rulesman

Quote from: 4real on August 29, 2014, 01:32:20 pm
Speaking of batesville basketball...

Didn't they win some 4 state titles during the 80's in girls basketball?
Don't know that it was 4, but it was more than 1.

pootnscoot

A quick note on Cude's  Hounds. Opponent's better be in shape and have guards that can handle 32 minutes of intense pressure . They are young with not much size and probably a year away but fun to watch.

TheGovernor

Is this the same Jeremy Cude who was at Batesville and riverview?

Googlymoogly

Quote from: TheGovernor on September 19, 2014, 10:57:50 pm
Is this the same Jeremy Cude who was at Batesville and riverview?
Yes, and before that won the Class 1A State title at Mammoth Spring

TheGovernor

Well if it's him then Sloan has themselves a dr.Jeykel and  mr. Hyde situation. He is capable of being a good coach but I've seen him lose his cool on players and teams during games. Could be the reason he has moved around so much but I am just speculating that

pootnscoot

Coach Cude has steadily progressed upward in the coaching ranks 1A,3A and 5A until he decided to return closer to home. Sloan Hendrix is lucky to have him.  His current team would run thru a wall for him and the parents support him.

TheGovernor

September 21, 2014, 04:59:25 pm #43 Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 05:02:12 pm by TheGovernor
Glad to see he has changed his ways. Hope everything works out for Sloan and they accomplish great things this season.... and I wouldn't say progressing through the ranks. Batesville might be 5a but most la- 4a coaches would never take that job.. no basketball prestige there pooterscooter

ab24

Good point about Batesville. They are so focused on football, basketball doesn't have a chance. Not many bball coaches wold want that job.

pootnscoot

That was a valid point. Batesville is a football school.

pootnscoot

Quote from: TheGovernor on September 21, 2014, 04:59:25 pm
Glad to see he has changed his ways. Hope everything works out for Sloan and they accomplish great things this season.... and I wouldn't say progressing through the ranks. Batesville might be 5a but most la- 4a coaches would never take that job.. no basketball prestige there pooterscooter

You are absolutely correct about the number of coaches that would pass on that job.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas