• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Might head down to Hampton this afternoon

Started by kingoftherapids, March 11, 2014, 02:04:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kingoftherapids

From Conway to see Clarendon vs JC. Are these the top two in the state? i have heard they were just worked out that they play in the semi's. Also, any players i need to know about besides bell? also, any driving tips. never been down there before

kingoftherapids

is it faster to go 167 or 79 if coming from the north?

bballfan00

March 11, 2014, 03:21:10 pm #2 Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 03:25:30 pm by bballfan00
Quote from: kingoftherapids on March 11, 2014, 03:00:17 pm
is it faster to go 167 or 79 if coming from the north?

167 to Sheridan to Fordyce to Hampton per googlemaps. about a 8 min save and 11 less miles.

bdubyab60

hogsfan4life

Quote from: kingoftherapids on March 11, 2014, 02:04:05 pm
From Conway to see Clarendon vs JC. Are these the top two in the state? i have heard they were just worked out that they play in the semi's. Also, any players i need to know about besides bell? also, any driving tips. never been down there before

How'd you like the game?!

kingoftherapids

was a great game. hampton has a gym to be very proud of. not quite the style bball i played at lakeside when i was in school, but it was entertaining! pretty sure a few of those kids from clarendon need to go out for track. make a pretty good 2A 4 x 1 team. was well worth the drive. i have a pretty good video of the final shot if anyone is interested. ps- it was VERY VERY close to back court on the last play. it wasn't, but it was within inches i'd say. clutch shot at the end.

bleudog

March 13, 2014, 10:24:47 am #6 Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 01:07:31 pm by bleudog
Quote from: kingoftherapids on March 13, 2014, 09:52:47 am
was a great game. hampton has a gym to be very proud of. not quite the style bball i played at lakeside when i was in school, but it was entertaining! pretty sure a few of those kids from clarendon need to go out for track. make a pretty good 2A 4 x 1 team. was well worth the drive. i have a pretty good video of the final shot if anyone is interested. ps- it was VERY VERY close to back court on the last play. it wasn't, but it was within inches i'd say. clutch shot at the end.

I linked to a video in the score thread that was taken by a guy who does sports radio in El Dorado. I noticed the possible backcourt the first time I saw that video but agree looking at it again (at least from the angle of the radio guy's video) backcourt wasn't the case.

MomaLion

Quote from: bleudog on March 13, 2014, 10:24:47 am
I linked to a video in the score thread that was taken by a guy who does sports radio in El Dorado. I noticed the possible backcourt the first time I saw that video but agree looking at it again (at least from the angle of the radio guy's video) backcourt wasn't the case.
There's another video shot from the opposite angle on the Lions Facebook page and on you tube.

BrianfromCarlisle

It wasn't even remotely close to back court.  You have to be totally over the line.  Stepping on it doesn't matter.   

bleudog

March 13, 2014, 12:52:33 pm #9 Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 12:56:57 pm by bleudog
Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on March 13, 2014, 12:16:15 pm
It wasn't even remotely close to back court.  You have to be totally over the line.  Stepping on it doesn't matter.   

I always thought backcourt was determined be the basketball and not the player.

The play was clean.  I just agreed with KotR that it was close.

THA TRUTH

It was close rule is the players establish there whole body on one side of line then can't touch line after that I'd say close would be anywhere within a ft of the line which he was but I agree he didn't commit a back court

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas