• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monday & Tuesday 2A SCORES

Started by Brian G, March 09, 2014, 11:10:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bballfan00

Quote from: bleudog on March 10, 2014, 10:15:45 pm
HF, please take it easy on BB00; he posted the video link.  That's worth a little slack and a +1 in my book.  ;D

And I wasn't even sure the announcer was from this planet. 8)

Thanks Blue and good luck to all the teams in the semis.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bballfan00 on March 10, 2014, 10:03:09 pm
Quote from: HF on March 10, 2014, 09:59:18 pm
Quote from: bballfan00 on March 10, 2014, 09:55:24 pm
Quote from: HF on March 10, 2014, 09:54:03 pm
Don't bypass the censor...

I'm sorry, that dude is getting on my nerves, but I'm done now. Good evening to all.

It happens..best to just let it roll off your back though...should be on the football board with these guys :D

I'm sure that could be interesting.

Sometimes This is what I feel like doing lol

tacomeat

Quote from: RamAlum10 on March 10, 2014, 09:48:52 pm
wasnt sure which one they were in. just looked like a mediocre version of cedar ridge.. btw hoping its a JC CR final so we can see two totally opposite styles!
Don't know if JC can get past Clarendon, but if they do I suspect the final will look a lot like Concord-Blevins only w/ a wider margin. If Monk/Sturdivant EPC were not athletic enough to get it done against the exact same bunch from CR last yr (only w/ the 9th graders now year better) I don't see this JC team doing it. CR's guards will get into paint at will as well as being knock down shooters.

bleudog

Quote from: HF on March 10, 2014, 09:45:40 pm
Some regions aren't blessed with athleticism ::)  And have to practice patience to get a shot lol...

Exactly where I can't remember, but I saw this somewhere:  "This is basketball, not tiddlywinks.Shoot the ball!"  8)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on March 10, 2014, 10:27:44 pm
Quote from: HF on March 10, 2014, 09:45:40 pm
Some regions aren't blessed with athleticism ::)  And have to practice patience to get a shot lol...

Exactly where I can't remember, but I saw this somewhere:  "This is basketball, not tiddlywinks.Shoot the ball!"  8)

Haha....I never said I was a fan of disciplined pass it around until you get exactly what you want...lol

bleudog

March 10, 2014, 10:35:56 pm #105 Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 06:56:41 am by bleudog
Quote from: tacomeat on March 10, 2014, 10:24:00 pm
wasnt sure which one they were in. just looked like a mediocre version of cedar ridge.. btw hoping its a JC CR final so we can see two totally opposite styles!
Don't know if JC can get past Clarendon, but if they do I suspect the final will look a lot like Concord-Blevins only w/ a wider margin. If Monk/Sturdivant EPC were not athletic enough to get it done against the exact same bunch from CR last yr (only w/ the 9th graders now year better) I don't see this JC team doing it. CR's guards will get into paint at will as well as being knock down shooters.

JC needs to be more efficient on offense.  Now is not the time of year to be missing dunks/layups or turning the ball over in the offensive paint.  From what I saw on the stream, there was too much of that in the CSJ game. There are no style points in basketball.  The only time the scoreboard moves forward is when the ball goes through the hoop.  Use the glass and get the points. 

Basketballfan13

The ironic thing is it's usually the more athletic and better team that is taking advantage of by the disciplined team that holds the ball...but shouldn't the superior athletic and talented team be able to turn the lesser team over and capitalize???

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on March 10, 2014, 10:35:56 pm
Quote from: tacomeat on March 10, 2014, 10:24:00 pm

JC needs to be more efficient on offense.  Now is not the time of year to be missing dunks/layups or turning the ball over in the offensive paint.  From what I saw on the stream, there was too much of that in the CSJ game. There are no style points in basketball.  The only time the scoreboard move forward is when the ball goes through the hoop.  Use the glass and get the points. 

Had a pee-wee coach that would tell us that Square is on the backboard for a reason...USE IT!

Cheek

Quote from: Kendanj@hotmail.com on March 10, 2014, 08:45:28 pm
All I'm gonna say is it was the most pitiful officiating I have ever seen. 3 players from Blevins had 3 fouls in the first quarter so u tell me how it was! 3 guys from Blevins fouled out and the other 2 starters had 4. Go back and watch the tape and see what u think. It's dif to lose fair and square but when it's taken from you it's a dif story!

The officiating was bad, but it benefited Blevins more than England.  There was no way that Blevins gets back in the game without some questionable calls.  England was a better team all the way around.  Blevins got into foul trouble because of England's team speed.  Blevins tried to play defense without moving their feet and got caught reaching a lot.  Blevins also did not have an answer for No 10, and he took the game over.  Congratulations to Blevins on a good season and 40-2 record.

keohog

The refs was the only thing that keep Blevins from getting blown out. England was the underdog and pulled it out with almost everybody in the gym pulling against them. Blevins has a good team and had a great year , congrats to them.

mom18

Everybody in the gym was pulling for Blevins bc they could see Blevins was getting screwed.

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 10, 2014, 03:27:57 pm
Woo hoo lady Tigers. Glad no one on ff is paying attention to us. Just keep on winning silently.
I was there cheering for them and will be tues as well...good luck :)

MomaLion

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 10, 2014, 08:07:01 pm
She is the one who said BIC would get all the calls before the game even started. Did BIC get all the calls?
The calls were pretty even actually.

thabeast428

So tired of Blevins excuses yall did the same thing last yr in regionals. Y keep arguing about the refs i mean they definitely aren't that good and wasn't in the jc blevins game either but i didn't hear yall then bc they were bad calls against JC. And u didn't hear us complaining on here about it.

MomaLion

I do agree that Blevins got some really bad calls but..as much as it pains me to admit it, England outplayed them. It may have been slightly different with betters refs but the end result would be the same in my opinion.

Dr. Gonzo

Everybody on here knows I'm a Blevins fan I will say the calls were terrible there were some fouls that were very questionable and some out of bounds balls that went the wrong way that being said if Blevins would have made their free throws and the few missed layups they still could have won the game. I think as a whole Blevins is a better team than England but #10 took the game over he's very quick and nobody from Blevins would move their feet fast enough to guard him. I have nothing bad to say about England I wish them the best. They have another tough game ahead of them with CR. As for the JC CSJ game CSJ lost it for themselves after the half they started playing carelessly and looked scared and you cannot do that against JC they are just to fast. With Blevins being out I'm pulling for JC because they are from the south. Clarendon JC should be an extremely exciting game I talked a little bit to a lady from Clarendon as I was leaving didn't know #24 for them is a junior he is an impressive player. Good luck to everyone and I want all the kids to be safe! I will still be at the game in hot springs because there should be some good basketball played! Great season for Blevins nothing to be ashamed of!

bleudog

Class 2A State Tournament in Hampton   
    •Marmaduke girls vs. Spring Hill, 1 p.m.
    •Cedar Ridge boys vs. England, 2:30 p.m.
    •Brinkley girls vs. Mountainburg, 4 p.m.
    •Junction City boys vs. Clarendon, 5:30 p.m.

bleudog

EDNT post game articles for the Monday games:

JC-CSJ:  CLICK HERE

Girls:  CLICK HERE

Boys:  CLICK HERE

Lions84

Good Job by Claredon and England and the Lady Tigers of Brinkley.

MomaLion

Quote from: Dr. Gonzo on March 11, 2014, 06:19:24 am
Everybody on here knows I'm a Blevins fan I will say the calls were terrible there were some fouls that were very questionable and some out of bounds balls that went the wrong way that being said if Blevins would have made their free throws and the few missed layups they still could have won the game. I think as a whole Blevins is a better team than England but #10 took the game over he's very quick and nobody from Blevins would move their feet fast enough to guard him. I have nothing bad to say about England I wish them the best. They have another tough game ahead of them with CR. As for the JC CSJ game CSJ lost it for themselves after the half they started playing carelessly and looked scared and you cannot do that against JC they are just to fast. With Blevins being out I'm pulling for JC because they are from the south. Clarendon JC should be an extremely exciting game I talked a little bit to a lady from Clarendon as I was leaving didn't know #24 for them is a junior he is an impressive player. Good luck to everyone and I want all the kids to be safe! I will still be at the game in hot springs because there should be some good basketball played! Great season for Blevins nothing to be ashamed of!
That would be me that you talked to  ;D
Blevins played a great game, you just caught England on a good night for them and I totally agree with the out of bounds calls being wrong.

keohog

Quote from: mom18 on March 11, 2014, 12:56:48 am
Everybody in the gym was pulling for Blevins bc they could see Blevins was getting screwed.
There was a lot of bad calls both ways but the refs didn't win the game for England our PLAYERS did.

MomaLion

I agree keo and I said exactly that in an earlier thread...same end result.

RamAlum10

Quote from: Basketballfan13 on March 10, 2014, 10:36:51 pm
The ironic thing is it's usually the more athletic and better team that is taking advantage of by the disciplined team that holds the ball...but shouldn't the superior athletic and talented team be able to turn the lesser team over and capitalize???

they beat st joe by 17 lol. what more do you want? both JC and Clarendon will give CR a hard time. They are similar to Jboro, but bigger.. and Jboro beat the tar out of CR. If the Reeves kid gets in foul trouble again, and JC starts running, it could get ugly.

JC has Jamario, Grayson, and 3 other great athletes on the floor. EPC had monk, and 4 guys that stood around and watched. They'll be alot tougher than EPC, and more well rounded.

THA TRUTH

I am from jc and I'm gonna be honest I feel jc can beat Clarendon because they can match speed but jc gas definite size advantage but as for cr and England cr will have trouble with England 10 doesn't get tired that kid carried them past Blevins to assure a victory for cr they must get him in foul trouble if they do and reeves makes his shots they will advance

bdubyab60

Quote from: RamAlum10 on March 11, 2014, 09:41:06 am

they beat st joe by 17 lol. what more do you want? both JC and Clarendon will give CR a hard time. They are similar to Jboro, but bigger.. and Jboro beat the tar out of CR. If the Reeves kid gets in foul trouble again, and JC starts running, it could get ugly.

JC has Jamario, Grayson, and 3 other great athletes on the floor. EPC had monk, and 4 guys that stood around and watched. They'll be alot tougher than EPC, and more well rounded.
Your out of your mind. JC is not well rounded. JC isnt even better than they were last year. EPC missed open shots all game, rebounded poorly in a couple of quarters and was still in the game against JC. EPC was better last year to and 4 guys didnt just stand there and watch Monk, yes he took over games but we had this same group minus Sturdivant that just pushed JC to the limit. And remember this EPC had control of the title game until reaves took over in the 4th even then it was still nip tuck. This year CR handed us our butt.

CR to me is the clear favorite now. I thought someone would really challenge but if they get beat now it would bea huge upset in my mind. And I would like to see JC play Jtown on their home court it wouldnt be pretty either.

Cheek

Quote from: RamAlum10 on March 11, 2014, 09:41:06 am

This is interesting.  England must not be a factor since they are not mentioned in this post.  The England and CR will be a good game, and can go either way.  England is one of the top teams in 2A as they have already beaten Clarendon and the team who beat JC, Blevins.  I hope people keep seeing England as a non factor.

tacomeat

[/quote]
How much HS BBall do you watch? Comparing any 2A school to JBO, lol. In Arkansas this yr there's NLR, LR Parkview, JBO & everyone else. JBO went down to TX & beat the #1 overall team in that state (#5 in the Nation @ the time) & beat NLR.

Those 4 guys EPC had last yr who stood around & watched were PG J.Sturdivant, a D-1 signee at A State, & the Scales brothers & their post Pilgram who played JC to the wire & let them off of the hook w/ a few late turnovers just 3 days ago.

BigLion10

First congrats to blevins along an outstanding year they had this year with a very talented group of players no doubt yall will be back. Second Congrats to the lions on a hard fought victory over that very good team. Now we have to play the defending champs and #1 team in CR to advance to the summit. It will take a great game and effort by the lions to pull this out

tacomeat

March 11, 2014, 10:23:26 am #128 Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:01:30 pm by tacomeat
This is interesting.  England must not be a factor since they are not mentioned in this post.  The England and CR will be a good game, and can go either way.  England is one of the top teams in 2A as they have already beaten Clarendon and the team who beat JC, Blevins.  I hope people keep seeing England as a non factor.
England will give CR fits, they're very good.

BoxNOne

Crazy to think anybody in this years 2A field would have any chance against Jonesboro. I have seen Jonesboro and they would destroy them all. There have been a few 2A teams in the past that could give them a game, but not this years group.

Cheek

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 11, 2014, 11:17:32 am
Crazy to think anybody in this years 2A field would have any chance against Jonesboro. I have seen Jonesboro and they would destroy them all. There have been a few 2A teams in the past that could give them a game, but not this years group.

I agree.  It is crazy to even think anyone would have a chance.

HankWilliams4President

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 11, 2014, 11:17:32 am

Not a chance.

bdubyab60

They would have a chance but a slim one. Jtown has one of the best coaches in the state as well.

Sweet

Heard anything about SH/Marmaduke? My twitter don't wanna tweet.

crmorrow24

Spring Hill 36

Marmaduke- 19

Halftime

baseball13

53-42 spring hill 6:19 to go in 4! Marmaduke fans are terrible.

Ole Man River

Any update on SH and Marmaduke

HankWilliams4President

twitter says SH-75 M'Duke 47.  If that's true, boy they sure went on a heck of a run to end the game!  Wow

bleudog

2A State Tournament @2AStateHampton
2A Girls Semi's Spring Hill 75 Marmaduke 47 Final @ArkActAssnAAA

jord1976ken

With that win I predict Spring Hill Will win it all.

Banks of Boggy

Quote from: jord1976ken on March 11, 2014, 02:33:47 pm
With that win I predict Spring Hill Will win it all.

I would have to agree with that.  They seem untouchable.

baseball13

Buzzer Beater

baseball13

Cheek

baseball13

Buzzer Beater

baseball13

48-42 cr start of 4. #3 for England threw up on the court

Buzzer Beater

Quote from: baseball13 on March 11, 2014, 03:29:27 pm
48-42 cr start of 4. #3 for England threw up on the court

It's either Tyrik or Lajuan can't remember their numbers. I know Devontae Patterson is 10. Our whole town that didn't go thanks you for your updates!

baseball13

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas