• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 2A-North @Pangburn

Started by Brian G, February 23, 2014, 12:53:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

brock

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 02, 2014, 08:43:46 am
Quote from: aroundthehorn1 on March 01, 2014, 11:16:35 pm
Funny how you take a punch at Coach Taylor when he had his team in a position to win against the defending State Champions who had everyone back. Also while nobody have BIC a chance lol! Get a life man. Not many out there better than Coach Taylor.

None in 2a any better than Bill Taylor IMO. That being said, he does cry and whine way too much.

It's funny how some coaches get t'd up when they do that and others do not.  Refs seem to be afraid of some coaches for whatever reason.

THA TRUTH

It's a respect thing as well som coaches have earned the right to tell the refs what they think to a certain extent

brock

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 02, 2014, 09:06:50 am
It's a respect thing as well som coaches have earned the right to tell the refs what they think to a certain extent

I think some depends on what gym you are in as well and also the crew reffing that night. 

Donnie Jamon

Stall game killed BIC. Was 58-52 n when they tried to stall it became 60-59.

Its just hard for kids to keep the ball away from the other team for 3 min. Taylor is the best coach at any Arkansas level but it burned him last night

ASURedWolf6

Quote from: Elvis on March 01, 2014, 09:51:51 pm
Sad to see all the talent Augusta has had the last 4 to 5 years and nothing good comes out of it. Coach isn't too swift. Should be a final four team every year.

AGREE.

brown2010

dj  you  weren't  there  how do u know  what happened.  same  thing last yr  sturdivant shouldn't had ball and  3 should not had ball last night needing to tie it up.   down 10 they never got rattled,  played just asasmooth as they were up.   good luck to all next week

Donnie Jamon

I don't have to be there to know what happened dude. Was I wrong? 

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

If you were at the finals you say an awesome game. 2 Great teams & matched up well against each other.
We had our chance but just came up a little short. BUT... it was not a mercy rule game. I think BIC opened some eyes that they can play with the best.  Good luck to all the teams from our region next week!!

brown2010

thet don't call a nit picking 3rd foul on spencer it wouldn't been close.  but they did and he sat out a quarter and they still win

BoxNOne

I was not there but have heard this from two people that were. Did BIC send in two players at the end of the game to tackle Spencer Reeves? They said he came up scratched up and bleeding and CR had to call two timeouts to patch him up so he could shoot free throws. Is this true or not?

brown2010

knocked him into wall put a small cut on shoulder,  put tape on it and shot 2 PAUL  EELS FREE THROWS AND THAT IS  EYE SKY AND BUY. DID CALL THE 2 TIMEOUTS

aroundthehorn1

Are we really gonna talk about fouls? BIC didn't get to the 1and1 in either half. Fouls for the game were 24-11 in favor of Cedar Ridge. Plus BIC pushed the lead to 10 with Spencer on the floor in the 3rd quarter. You are just not being too smart if you ever think that game was going to be a blowout! And about the foul at the end of the game, it wasn't like that at all. Spencer caught it in the corner right by the sideline and a player from our team went and fouled him and he flew outta bounds! It's part of the game.

hssportfan

Different team than the night before. Not CR best performance. CR turned it on at the end of the game and finally showed a little intensity. Lots of missed free throws by CR which is very uncharacteristic of this team!

hssportfan

Loved how Taylor got so upset w/ the charge call early in the game. Now BIC got just a small taste how it feels when a flop gets you a foul. BIC still way ahead in this catagory.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: aroundthehorn1 on March 03, 2014, 10:33:09 am
Are we really gonna talk about fouls? BIC didn't get to the 1and1 in either half. Fouls for the game were 24-11 in favor of Cedar Ridge. Plus BIC pushed the lead to 10 with Spencer on the floor in the 3rd quarter. You are just not being too smart if you ever think that game was going to be a blowout! And about the foul at the end of the game, it wasn't like that at all. Spencer caught it in the corner right by the sideline and a player from our team went and fouled him and he flew outta bounds! It's part of the game.

Right on!!

aroundthehorn1

Quote from: hssportfan on March 03, 2014, 11:39:51 am
Different team than the night before. Not CR best performance. CR turned it on at the end of the game and finally showed a little intensity. Lots of missed free throws by CR which is very uncharacteristic of this team!
A different team because of the team they were playing and it's all about matchups. I believe BIC is a tough matchup defensively for Cedar Ridge because of their size. Just makes me mad that nobody wants to give BIC credit for the effort they played with. Quit thinking Cedar Ridge is invincible because nobody is!

BearFan12

They are in finals, were are y'all. Same place we are at home.

MomaLion

CR is way too cocky...don't underestimate the Lions like JC did.

BoxNOne

Quote from: BearFan12 on March 15, 2014, 05:39:58 am
They are in finals, were are y'all. Same place we are at home.

+1

Brian G

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on March 02, 2014, 09:45:14 am
Taylor is the best coach at any Arkansas level but it burned him last night
Oh my.

Batman44

Quote from: MomaLion on March 15, 2014, 07:28:33 am

Hello Cedar Ridge, again!!!! Not near as cocky as Clarendon

Batman44

MomaLion

Quote from: Batman44 on March 16, 2014, 04:44:35 pm
Quote from: MomaLion on March 15, 2014, 07:28:33 am

Hello Cedar Ridge, again!!!! Not near as cocky as Clarendon
Lol, not that's down right funny.  Clarendon has never been cocky...we've never had a reason to be.  We are as real as you get.  That said, congrats to CR on a well deserved 2nd championship win.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas