• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WHO WINS IT ALL?

Started by mtindian42, February 23, 2014, 09:42:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mtindian42

Quote from: Kendanj@hotmail.com on March 03, 2014, 03:25:34 pm
Can someone tell me what to go to so I can see the game between jc and blevins
Quotejunction city website is where I seen it at.

Steves68Nova

Dr. Gonzo

I would really like to see some video of CR if anyone knows of a place I can go to see them, I know they are a great team and I am just interested in seeing some of them before I see them live in Hampton. Also any extra information on Augusta would be great I know absolutely nothing about them and wonder how they match up with Blevins.

brock

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 03, 2014, 07:57:59 am
Quote from: brock on March 02, 2014, 09:03:42 am
Quote from: MDXPHD on March 01, 2014, 10:14:14 pm
Quote from: brock on February 25, 2014, 06:14:52 pm
CR also has imo one of the best coaches in the state.  There is no telling how many sets and continuities they run.

This is hilarious.

Please elaborate on why you find it hilarious.

Because he isn't in the top ten coaches in the state.  He has been beyond lucky to have the pairs of brothers at CR.  They play however they want to because of their knowledge of the game, which they didn't get from that coach.

You need to do your research a little better before making comments.  Coach Middlebrooks has been there 4 years, so he has coached them from 9th grade on.  They beat a much more talented team in EPC TWICE last year.  The coach also played at Viola for Coach Hargrove who is an elite coach and later played college ball at U of O, so i'd say he has the credentials and has taught them a few things.

MDXPHD

I never said he didn't coach them for four years, so your assumption that I didn't know was ignorant.  They were destined to be good ball players and a great team, everyone from around NEA knows that. I know that he played at the "U of O" (is that supposed to sound prestigious?) in the early 2000's.  I know that he was at Quitman before he was at CR.  I know that he lets his pride get in the way and doesn't care about much more than a win-loss record.  I know that he is a good coach who inherited a program that was going to be successful regardless of the coach.  None of this is proof that he is a top coach in the state. 

Since you brought up EPC and we are on the topic of coaching...I am pretty sure that everyone knows that they don't have a "coach".  They have somebody who stands with them and is a coach in writing, but nothing more. Good job on beating them though, you guys earned it.  That's for sure.

WPWells

Girls:
Mountainburg champion
Marmaduke runner-up

Boys:
Cedar Ridge champion
Clarendon runner-up

Lionfan 18

Going with Clarendon boys champion and Spring Hill girls champions

Phog Allen

Timberwolves will repeat!!!!

seldomseenkid

I don't see Blevins losing to anyone besides Cedar Ridge. IF they can get by them I think they win it all. The way they beat JC easily with their best player playing at 50% was impressive and I think that shows coaching and player maturity. I don't think any other team has the discipline that they have with their passing and ball handling. Cedar Ridge is definitely the favorite and rightfully so but I think the semi finals will be where the two best teams meet.

Cheek

Quote from: seldomseenkid on March 03, 2014, 11:08:53 pm
I don't see Blevins losing to anyone besides Cedar Ridge. IF they can get by them I think they win it all. The way they beat JC easily with their best player playing at 50% was impressive and I think that shows coaching and player maturity. I don't think any other team has the discipline that they have with their passing and ball handling. Cedar Ridge is definitely the favorite and rightfully so but I think the semi finals will be where the two best teams meet.

What number is their best player.

Dr. Gonzo

I know this team very well as I have stated before I coached 4 of the starters in 3rd and 4th grade peewee ball. The player he is talking about is #2 Tank Woodley and yes he is a huge player and playing with a hurt knee and has been playing on a broken heel all year he is definitely fighting through pain to help his basketball brothers I wouldn't go as far as to say he is the best player on the team but he is a vital piece of the puzzle if he was 100% I wouldn't question them taking home the ring. He is a great post player and when healthy can move very well for his size, but they have some great shooters in #1 Montae Gentry and #4 Quincy McDaniel their sixth man #12 is great at penetrating and as we all saw in the JC game #24 River Kirkham can dominate the boards the changing factor for Blevins is #22 sophomore Trevon Reed nobody in 2a will be able to slow him down with the ball he is a great point guard. The reason Blevins will run so deep is their unselfish play and their ability to play as a unit. Watch out for the boys who come off the bench they can shoot the lights out as well. This will be a fun tournament to watch best of luck to every team and I am personally excited to see it all play out.

Bigboy870

I totally grew with dr gonzo i have only seen Blevins play against bearded and jc and from what I seen they own the floor from the jump, #22 pushes that ball and also that # 4 can score from anywhere on the floor if he wanted to but I can tell he is very unselfish and the big # 2 was balling and he could barley even walk, so with that being said watch out for Blevins cause I truly believe they  will be in the the finals

Elvis

Looks like in boys Blevins is the team to beat. Cedar Ridge is really good again, and then it is a toss up. We here alot about Clarendon so this could be the dark horse. As for Juntcion City seems like track & spring football is coming soon.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Elvis on March 04, 2014, 07:32:06 am
Looks like in boys Blevins is the team to beat. Cedar Ridge is really good again, and then it is a toss up. We here alot about Clarendon so this could be the dark horse. As for Juntcion City seems like track & spring football is coming soon.

CR will beat blevins.  I think that it will still be CR vs JC in the finals.  It's about matchups.  I don't think CR matches up well with JC, but they definitely can beat them.  It will be a fun playoff with Clarendon too.

Dr. Gonzo

I still believe CR is the team to beat. I think Blevins has the ability to do so if they play them correctly. It will definitely be a fun week of basketball because we can all make predictions but all that matters in a single elimination tournament is who plays to their full potential in that given time!

MDXPHD

Quote from: Dr. Gonzo on March 04, 2014, 07:54:56 am
I still believe CR is the team to beat. I think Blevins has the ability to do so if they play them correctly. It will definitely be a fun week of basketball because we can all make predictions but all that matters in a single elimination tournament is who plays to their full potential in that given time!

I know you can't do this, but all I think of when considering that matchup is their common opponents.  You can't compare games, but didn't they both play Concord recently?

Dr. Gonzo

That is basically what I said Blevins has to play them correctly but they have the tools to win I agree CR is the favorite.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Dr. Gonzo on March 04, 2014, 08:11:08 am
That is basically what I said Blevins has to play them correctly but they have the tools to win I agree CR is the favorite.

I understand that, I wasn't arguing with what you said. Why do you throw JC and Clarendon out of it? Just curious.  Does it have to do with the JC and Blevins game?

Dr. Gonzo

I do not know enough about Clarendon to say either way with them honestly I hear they are a good team but haven't actually seen them play and with JC I just posted on the JC dragon thread check it out and that's my true opinion on them.

Catfish

I'm just gonna put this out there. Blevins isn't very good. I have no idea how they have only lost one game. During the concord game they were very inconsistent, out of control, and towards the end of the game either lazy or bad out of shape. CR is the best team in 2A hands down they WILL repeat.

aroundthehorn1

Quote from: Catfish on March 04, 2014, 10:31:27 am
I'm just gonna put this out there. Blevins isn't very good. I have no idea how they have only lost one game. During the concord game they were very inconsistent, out of control, and towards the end of the game either lazy or bad out of shape. CR is the best team in 2A hands down they WILL repeat.
I'm not from Blevins but you made 2 very inaccurate statements! If you're this late in the season with only 1 loss, it doesn't matter who you are playing you have to be good. And then you want to say Cedar Ridge is the best team in the State hands down when they were on the brink of defeat in the finals of regionals to BIC who nobody is giving a chance to make a run for some reason. Also throw in the fact that it took them 4 quarters to put away Rector in the first round of regionals! I think that Cedar Ridge is the favorite but in no way do I think they are Hands Down the best team.

mtindian42

Blevins is well coached.

Bigboy870

Wow I can't believe you say Blevins isn't any good are u just hating on them or what? Cause from what I have seen they are a great team, well coached and shoot the ball pass the ball an bang the boards so with that Being Said what else makes a good team! Let me guess cause they don't snow bird and dunk it every time down the floor

Basketballfan10

Ceder Ridge. Back to Back!

MomaLion

Clarendon does dunk a lot but they are also sporting only 1 loss this year and that was by 2 @ the buzzer.

Kendanj@hotmail.com

Well records don't mean anything to me yes Blevins is 39-1 but they also lost to an undefeated team this year and just beat an undefeated junction city in the regional finals so records right now arnt a factor! Blevins is playing better ball than anyone right now, but it's anyone's game right now it's def gonna be some great games this week

Bigboy870

Cr just had two back to back scares in the regionals so not really sure what's up with with them but i wish them luck if they play Blevins cause their defense is on point from what I seen. Team ball is where it's at not just one or two people

BoxNOne

Quote from: MomaLion on March 04, 2014, 11:42:15 am
Clarendon does dunk a lot but they are also sporting only 1 loss this year and that was by 2 @ the buzzer.

mtindian42

that's what Blevins is a team that plays togeather...

BoxNOne

Quote from: MomaLion on March 04, 2014, 11:42:15 am

I'm thinking Clarendon  has a good chance at reaching finals. They have been pretty consistent all year and you don't hear as much about them as you do CR,JC and now Blevins. Be wary of the Lions. By the way I am not a Clarendon fan.

MomaLion

We've been flying under the radar lol. We played well during regionals but had some ugly games before that.

Bigboy870

I have heard great things about Clarendon this year and that's why I have nothing bad to say about them I just know that there are a few more teams this year that has a chance NOT just cr! They have been having a rough time lately so cr isn't even a concern for anyone I don't think

mtindian42

you can watch one of Clarendon's games on livestream its a blowout of Carlisle but still you can see they are very athletic and led by a young man who can flat out throw it down he was fun to watch he dunked like 4 times lol exciting young man...

brock

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 03, 2014, 09:45:36 pm
I never said he didn't coach them for four years, so your assumption that I didn't know was ignorant.  They were destined to be good ball players and a great team, everyone from around NEA knows that. I know that he played at the "U of O" (is that supposed to sound prestigious?) in the early 2000's.  I know that he was at Quitman before he was at CR.  I know that he lets his pride get in the way and doesn't care about much more than a win-loss record.  I know that he is a good coach who inherited a program that was going to be successful regardless of the coach.  None of this is proof that he is a top coach in the state. 

Since you brought up EPC and we are on the topic of coaching...I am pretty sure that everyone knows that they don't have a "coach".  They have somebody who stands with them and is a coach in writing, but nothing more. Good job on beating them though, you guys earned it.  That's for sure.

He wasn't at Quitman before CR.  He was at Marshall where they went from winning 3 games the year before he got there to 15.  He was at Quitman before Marshall.  You say you know that he is a good coach, yet you say they haven't learned anything from him. He has had the younger Reaves and Crabtree since they were 7th graders.  I'm not saying he taught them all they know, the Reaves boys come from a very good basketball family, so i'm sure they got a ton of their ability from their parents.  I also am not saying he is the best coach in the state if you read back, I said one of the best coaches.  I'd go as far as say the 2nd best in 2A and yes probably a low top 10 overall.  I will say you are correct they would have been good regardless of who they hired, but state champs and (argueably favorite to repeat) that is left to be unknown. 

Turkey tail

I wasn't gonna say nothing but me personally think Blevins will win it all I watched these kids from 3rd grade to now and you will not find a group of well discipline kids like them when they beat junction city they didn't jump up and down scream they stay humbled. They have been playing together for ten years that's how they beat JC team ball good fundamentals played smart took out the highlight reel and succeeded they not 39-1 for nothing

tacomeat

Cedar Ridge should repeat unless Spencer Reaves isn't on the floor. Not that they wouldnt make a run w/out him w/ the talent on that team, but anyone that was at Barton last yr would be crazy to pick against CR. They're 10 pts better than last yrs squad & they won't see a team in this yrs bracket close to last yrs EPC.

Turkey tail

Only time will tell last year win was last year trust me its hard to win back to back championships trust me I'm a living witness in my day we won it and got knocked in the first round cr got a big target on their shoulders two people won't win a championship trust me Blevins got several guys that can put up twenty they know how to step up when one is struggling just watch and see hopefully that semi will be the matchup everybody is anticipating I promise you ball pressure will be coming at them at all angles

tacomeat

Quote from: Turkey tail on March 04, 2014, 09:55:15 pm
Only time will tell last year win was last year trust me its hard to win back to back championships trust me I'm a living witness in my day we won it and got knocked in the first round cr got a big target on their shoulders two people won't win a championship trust me Blevins got several guys that can put up twenty they know how to step up when one is struggling just watch and see hopefully that semi will be the matchup everybody is anticipating I promise you ball pressure will be coming at them at all angles

If they only had 2 who carried them I wouldn't feel so confident about their chances. They start 4 that will play beyond High School. At this level of Basketball that's extremely deep. 2 could end up D1. Their coach got them ready by playing tournys loaded w/ 4, 5, & 6A schools. They won 2 of 3 tourneys only losing in the Hurricane Classic to Jonesboro AT Jonesboro. I watched them mercy rule Valley View & GCT both w/in 3 nights. Don't think they'll see any ball presure at 2A state they haven't seen already this year.

BearFan12

Concord was not undefeated when they beat Blevins. Blevins beat us by 2 and cedar beat us almost 30 every time we played them. Augusta would be awesome if they had a coach great size and athletic but very undisciplined. They look like a college team when they come out. We had a great defense held Blevins to 44 points. Cedar got right at 60 all three games we played them.

Turkey tail

Let me say this people judging Blevins off the concord game and the wcc every team go through a slump it doesn't matter if you win by twenty or by one a win is a win and a lost is a lost me personally I like to see a team get challenged for 32 minutes instead of one quarter that's why Blevins lost to concord they wasn't use yo being behind since that lost and that win against wcc they have went out demanded the court they have been criticize all year long they have proved everybody wrong they won district they beat Bearden and junction city which everyone had picked JC and Bearden in the finals of regional guess what Blevins won that two every tournament they been in they won this year so why not win it all Blevins dnt need to worry bout cr and cr dnt need to worry about Blevins till that time come one game at a time its tournament time anything can happen.

Kendanj@hotmail.com

I totally agree my bad but they were #1 they had played the nights before and Blevins hadn't played all week they were rusty and didn't play their game but they are playing better ball than ever now! Anything can happen right now

Cheek

March 04, 2014, 11:18:14 pm #91 Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 11:21:28 pm by Cheek
Blevins should worry about Augusta in the first round. 

Turkey tail

Augusta needs to be worried about Blevins also say what you want about Blevins remember 39-1 speaks for itself

BrianfromCarlisle

I'll take Clarendon to win it all

Cheek

Quote from: Turkey tail on March 04, 2014, 11:38:58 pm
Augusta needs to be worried about Blevins also say what you want about Blevins remember 39-1 speaks for itself

If Blevins does beat Augusta, they will finish their season at 40-2. 

BoxNOne

Yea Cheek, people may have forgot about #3 seed England. Slipped up in regional but I would say a very strong #3 seed. Do they have just two losses?

Cheek

Quote from: BoxNOne on March 05, 2014, 07:54:15 am
Yea Cheek, people may have forgot about #3 seed England. Slipped up in regional but I would say a very strong #3 seed. Do they have just two losses?

3.   Lonoke,  Stuttgart and Brinkley.  All three qualified for State.   

BigLion10

I'll say this if england shoots ft like they have other than the Brinkley loss they are a very dangerous team we lost by 6 to them and shot 12-35 from the line a horrible night for them otherwise they win easy

Dr. Gonzo

I am not one to ever overlook a team when it gets to this point in the year but I can't seem to find any information on Augusta I'm interested in their size playing style anything really.

Cheek

Quote from: Dr. Gonzo on March 05, 2014, 11:49:51 am
I am not one to ever overlook a team when it gets to this point in the year but I can't seem to find any information on Augusta I'm interested in their size playing style anything really.

I have not seem them play, but hear they are one of the most athletic teams, and if they had any Coaching could win it all.  I think they are 6'6,  6'4, 6'4, 6'3 and 5'10, and this is not a joke. I hear that they do not run any offensive sets, and whomever has the ball will drive or shoot.  This is a dangerous team, because if their shots are falling early, and they get some comfidence, they can pull off an upset.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas