• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CEDAR RIDGE AT CONCORD

Started by doubledribble, February 18, 2014, 02:24:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

doubledribble

February 18, 2014, 02:24:26 pm Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:24:17 pm by doubledribble
Get your Popcorn ready!!  Concord is the place to be tonight.  Reaves boys are healthy, Roark's last home game man this is going to be good.  I'm nervous!!!

MomaLion

Kendanj@hotmail.com

It's gonna be a battle but I got concord on this one tonight!

doubledribble

tacomeat

February 18, 2014, 04:27:24 pm #4 Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 06:17:00 pm by tacomeat
Please post updates. Wifey overruled me & going to JR high district finals.

BoxNOne

I don't think they are the best 2A team I have seen, but they are a very well oiled machine when healthy. I like CR by 5 on the road.

doubledribble

No signal in the gym.  Sorry about updates.

Batman44

I like both teams, but think CR will win  close one. 54-51

Greyhound#1

MomaLion

They said there's no cell signal inside the gym.

jacketman

BigLion10

BearFan12

Great game best that I watched all year.2 great teams.

brown2010

cedar makes free throws they win by 20

bdubyab60

BearFan12

That's why they make you shoot them. if it would have rained cedar would only win by two.

brown2010

bdub  you will get it fri. at 5:30  all you want  of cr

Lionfan 18

Quote from: brown2010 on February 22, 2014, 09:06:47 pm
cedar makes free throws they win by 20
Concord was down 3 with 6 seconds left, no way CR should've won by 20. How many free throws did CR miss? Concord and CR are both great teams and will probably both win state titles.

BearFan12

We got them Saturday and they beat us by20 they are a great team and they are also good kids. I talked to Spencer he was yes sir and no sir to every question. But what I'm saying is don't down concord the boys from cedar would not do that . And I was at game and I didn't see 13 missed free throws but I did see roak miss some shot he usually hits. That's basketball. I agree cedar is better but don't down concord they are a great team and good kids.

Timberwolf08

They missed a boatload of FTs, but I don't think we win by 20, ever. 10 games between those teams would probably split 5/5. Concord has some great kids and we hope they bring home the 1A ring this year.

bdubyab60

February 24, 2014, 06:39:34 am #20 Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 06:45:14 am by bdubyab60
Quote from: brown2010 on February 23, 2014, 09:02:27 am
bdub  you will get it fri. at 5:30  all you want  of cr
Havent claimed we can beat them. But if anyone in the 3 has a chance it's us. We got to take care of Salem first.

And you can't blame missed freethrows on anyone else but CR. They better be making the the rest of the way. I think just about everyone has them favored but if they have a bad night they are beatable.

BoxNOne

Of the 2A-3 regional qualifiers, EPC definitely has the best shot at beating CR IMO. That being said, I don't think that will happen either.

mtindian42

MomaLion

Only because Reaves was injured.

mtindian42

Lionfan 18

Salem definitely beat CR, any way you want to slice it.

BoxNOne

According to Max Preps, Cedar Ridge beat Salem by 36 and lost to Salem by 4.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BoxNOne on February 24, 2014, 12:14:55 pm
According to Max Preps, Cedar Ridge beat Salem by 36 and lost to Salem by 4.

I had 38 and 4....but..never having watched either team i find it hard to belive one guy being our caused a 40 point swing in the games...

bdubyab60

There were 2 out when they beat them.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 24, 2014, 01:33:38 pm
There were 2 out when they beat them.

That helps the argument then.l...

bdubyab60

Spencer finally came in when they were down to 4 players. Younger reaves was out with the shoulder injury.

MomaLion

I still say playing him at the last minute was not called for and the parents should have said NO.  If he was injured during the rest of the game, he was still injured at the end when they were losing.

MDXPHD

Quote from: MomaLion on February 24, 2014, 11:49:45 pm
I still say playing him at the last minute was not called for and the parents should have said NO.  If he was injured during the rest of the game, he was still injured at the end when they were losing.

Desperate attempt because of the coaches pride.  He will risk anything for a W.

MomaLion

I still hold the patents accountable. They could have stopped it.

bdog32

The parents are the ones that gave the ok to play him according to what i have been told.  Both are conpetitors abd pribably played on a sprained ankle or 2 in their playing days. 

MomaLion

Well then any damage he may have done as the result of playing is on them. In Clarendon you have a Dr recommendation saying how long you should be out and the school WILL NOT under any circumstances allow you to play until you bring proof that they have been cleared for activity.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: MomaLion on February 25, 2014, 01:55:49 pm
Well then any damage he may have done as the result of playing is on them. In Clarendon you have a Dr recommendation saying how long you should be out and the school WILL NOT under any circumstances allow you to play until you bring proof that they have been cleared for activity.

Makes it tough to win at times

MomaLion

When you consider your child's health and possibly lifelong injuries...one or a few games lost are nothing.

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on February 25, 2014, 01:55:49 pm

Same rule applies at England.

MomaLion

We even have that rule for the cheerleaders...mine is out the rest of the season with a possible ligament tear in her wrist. Her physical therapist said no so she's done.

Lions84

Your right Mom I am hobbled up today due to HS injury I came back and played on too soon.

MomaLion

Anybody could see the younger Reeves was hurting last night. I understand it was the semis but come on...he got clipped pretty good by England and finally took the bench toward the end.

Timberwolf08

He was hurting last night because his shoulder came out again Tuesday morning early. He'll be fine for finals. He's been cleared to keep playing and have surgery at the end of the season. He isn't playing baseball this year.

Donnie Jamon

Yeah he went to the hospital Tues morning bc it popped out in his sleep.  Was cleared tho so he should be fine but it will still bother him

MomaLion

Quote from: Timberwolf08 on March 12, 2014, 12:21:50 pm
He was hurting last night because his shoulder came out again Tuesday morning early. He'll be fine for finals. He's been cleared to keep playing and have surgery at the end of the season. He isn't playing baseball this year.
Bless his heart...you could tell he was hurting. My daughters hip pops out a lot...not from an injury, she's double jointed...but it hurts. I'm praying that he heals quickly and completely.

bdubyab60

Mine used to pop out at anytime. Got real easy to put it back in. The more relaxed you are the easier it is. Also if you just get it in the right spot out it comes. Had my surgery later in life and it stays in now. Hopefully he gets this taken care of because I still have problems with mine to this day.

MomaLion

Quote from: bdubyab60 on March 12, 2014, 05:58:52 pm
Mine used to pop out at anytime. Got real easy to put it back in. The more relaxed you are the easier it is. Also if you just get it in the right spot out it comes. Had my surgery later in life and it stays in now. Hopefully he gets this taken care of because I still have problems with mine to this day.
My daughter has gotten really good at getting hers back in.  It's mostly her hip but occasionally its also her knee or rarely her shoulder.  Her coaches used to pop it back in and she just got used to doing it herself....she did competitive cheer for years and was a power tumbler so that didn't help lol.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas