• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 3 brackets

Started by Flobbito, February 18, 2019, 09:33:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Flobbito

First Round Boys Side:
Game 1      1st -6 Marvell 
2/20 5:30  4th- 5 Concord

Game 2      2nd- 5 Westside
2/21 5:30   3rd -6 Bradford

Game 3      1st- 5 Timbo
2/20 8:30   4th- 6 Augusta

Game 4      2nd- 6 Brinkley
2/21 8:30   3rd- 5 Mount Vernon-Enola

First Round Girls Side:

Game 1      1st- 6 Brinkley
2/20 4:00   4th- 5 Rural Special

Game 2      2nd- 5  Mount Vernon Enola
2/21 4:00   3rd- 6  Augusta

Game 3      1st- 5  Wonderview
2/20 7:00   4th- 6  Midland

Game 4      2nd- 6  Bradford
2/21 7:00   3rd- 5  Concord

Quote it with your predictions below!

Weiser

Quote from: Flobbito on February 18, 2019, 10:38:50 am
First Round Boys Side:
Game 1      1st -6 Marvell 
2/20 5:30  4th- 5 Concord

Game 2      2nd- 5 Westside
2/21 5:30   3rd -6 Bradford

Game 3      1st- 5 Timbo
2/20 8:30   4th- 6 Augusta

Game 4      2nd- 6 Brinkley
2/21 8:30   3rd- 5 Mount Vernon-Enola

First Round Girls Side:

Game 1      1st- 6 Brinkley
2/20 4:00   4th- 5 Rural Special

Game 2      2nd- 5  Mount Vernon Enola
2/21 4:00   3rd- 6  Augusta

Game 3      1st- 5  Wonderview
2/20 7:00   4th- 6  Midland

Game 4      2nd- 6  Bradford
2/21 7:00   3rd- 5  Concord

Quote it with your predictions below!
Boys
Game 1 Marvel by 6
Game 2 Westside by 8
Game 3  Timbo by 12
Game 4 MVE by 4

Girls
Rural Special by 15
MVE by 17
Wonderview by 21
Concord by 18

We will see how is goes, great Basketball this week.

Jackmerius Tacktheratrix

The 1A 5 is the most well rounded district from top to bottom in 1a and it's not even close.

PTplayer

Any chance for a 1a5 team to lose a first round game in this region

ballmember

boys games chance to be closer.  5 could lose 3 0f the 4, but probably win 2 or 3.  concord will have a fight with marvell; Bradford beat concord by 20 last time they played per MaxPreps, westside playing well, could be tough.  mve close game last time with Brinkley so toss up; I think timbo will roll against augusta

girls from 5 could win all 4 but possibly just 3.   if rural wins first day all the 5 girls will win .  will stick with 6 of 8 for 5; worst case 4 of 8; timbo boys and 3 girls in the certain category.  5 could also go 8 for 8.   

Flobbito

February 18, 2019, 01:10:13 pm #6 Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 01:53:44 pm by Flobbito
Quote from: PTplayer on February 18, 2019, 12:50:16 pm
Any chance for a 1a5 team to lose a first round game in this region

I think the boys side is wide open. On the girls side, you have to think based on the results during regular season that the 5 will sweep. Wonderview is the top girls team in the 5 (and maybe in the 1A class), but 2-4 aren't as far behind as they have been in the past. And teams 2-4 are all very good teams.

ballmember

Wednesday games at 4 and 530 are important  if rural girls and concord boys win , 4 beating 1 seed !!!! Lookout if  this happens

Weiser

Quote from: ballmember on February 18, 2019, 01:13:22 pm
Wednesday games at 4 and 530 are important  if rural girls and concord boys win , 4 beating 1 seed !!!! Lookout if  this happens

I agree it that happens lookout

J.D.

I pretty much agree with most things that have been discussed on here.   Unless one of the girl teams from the 5 just lay an egg, they will sweep and it really won't be that competitive.   

Boys will be a complete toss-up from game to game during the entire tournament.  However, if you want a chance to make a run at hot springs, you better win the tournament or you're going to see ICC @ ICC. 

Girls seeding really doesn't matter a whole lot in my eyes.  It's a dog fight for most girl teams starting second round of state. 

justafan13

Here goes nothing:
Wednesday's games:
Brinkley vs Rural Special - Brinkley is an athletic squad but haven't had many tests in a weak conference. Athletes will keep them in it for a while but in the end Rural is to tested. Rural by 15-20

Marvell vs Concord- Marvell may have the 2nd best player in 1A they will pressure and trap but don't guard well if you don't turn it over. Don't think they make enough shots to overcome Concords coaching. Concord by 5.

Wonderview vs Midland- not much to say Wonderview by as many as they want. 50 would not be an exaggeration.

Timbo vs Augusta- Augusta has the best player in this game and a couple shooters around him. But too many times do they have 2 or 3 players on the floor that aren't much threat of scoring. Timbo by 8.

Thursday's games
Mount Vernon vs Augusta- chalk it up for the home team. Another that will be as ugly as they want to make it. MVE by 35

West Side vs Bradford- Bradford hasn't had many games in a stretch. They have a solid core. West Side rides the freshmen. Are they ready for the big stage? Real toss up here. I will go Bradford by 3.

Bradford vs Concord - Bradford is the beneficiary of the weak conference as well. These 2 have already played twice and neither close. Concord by 19.

Brinkley vs MVE- definitely the opening matchup of the week and it's the last first round game. A double overtime thriller a couple weeks ago. Think Brinkley uses their athleticism and races in front early. MVE makes 3s down the stretch and it comes down to the wire. Brinkley by 3.

SmallTown

Quote from: justafan13 on February 19, 2019, 09:02:56 pm
Here goes nothing:
Wednesday's games:
Brinkley vs Rural Special - Brinkley is an athletic squad but haven't had many tests in a weak conference. Athletes will keep them in it for a while but in the end Rural is to tested. Rural by 15-20

Marvell vs Concord- Marvell may have the 2nd best player in 1A they will pressure and trap but don't guard well if you don't turn it over. Don't think they make enough shots to overcome Concords coaching. Concord by 5.

Wonderview vs Midland- not much to say Wonderview by as many as they want. 50 would not be an exaggeration.

Timbo vs Augusta- Augusta has the best player in this game and a couple shooters around him. But too many times do they have 2 or 3 players on the floor that aren't much threat of scoring. Timbo by 8.

Thursday's games
Mount Vernon vs Augusta- chalk it up for the home team. Another that will be as ugly as they want to make it. MVE by 35

West Side vs Bradford- Bradford hasn't had many games in a stretch. They have a solid core. West Side rides the freshmen. Are they ready for the big stage? Real toss up here. I will go Bradford by 3.

Bradford vs Concord - Bradford is the beneficiary of the weak conference as well. These 2 have already played twice and neither close. Concord by 19.

Brinkley vs MVE- definitely the opening matchup of the week and it's the last first round game. A double overtime thriller a couple weeks ago. Think Brinkley uses their athleticism and races in front early. MVE makes 3s down the stretch and it comes down to the wire. Brinkley by 3.

This is a really good breakdown. I pretty much agree with your picks. I will take Marvell over Concord though. It's hard to pick against Cornett in a tournament but Marvell is too fast and well coached themselves.

J.D.

End of 1st

Rural Special - 13

Brinkley - 4

J.D.

Halftime

Rural Special - 34

Brinkley - 14

FoxandHound34

So much for the 1 seed in Brinkley. Getting manhandled

J.D.

End of 3rd

Rural Special - 51

Brinkley- 26

Ctucker

Concord boys 16 Marvell 3 end of 1st

Flobbito

Rural over Brinkley 64-43. If the 1A 6 girls were going to win a game this was it. Look for a sweep from the girls in the 1a 5.

Fleaflicker

Quote from: SmallTown on February 20, 2019, 09:09:41 am
This is a really good breakdown. I pretty much agree with your picks. I will take Marvell over Concord though. It's hard to pick against Cornett in a tournament but Marvell is too fast and well coached themselves.

How about that Marvell pick? Gettin man handled

FoxandHound34

That speed sure killed concord tonight 🤣🤣

SmallTown

Wish I could say it was the first time Cornett made me look dumb for picking against him.

HorseFeathers

Wonderview up 29 at the half

Flobbito

Quote from: SmallTown on February 20, 2019, 06:49:04 pm
Wish I could say it was the first time Cornett made me look dumb for picking against him.

Score?

J.D.

Believe the final for Concord/Marvell boys was 67-45 Concord.

Someone can correct that later but it was Concord by 20+

J.D.

Wonderview - 62

Midland - 20

End of 3rd

J.D.

Final

Wonderview - 68

Midland - 34

J.D.

Timbo - 13

Augusta - 8

End of 1

Scout404

Jackie Moon for Concord is a beast.  He probably had 25 tonight

J.D.

Halftime

Timbo - 34

Augusta -13

Flobbito

Man, J.D. Is onnit tonight! Thanks for the updates for all the regions.

Flobbito

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: Flobbito on February 21, 2019, 06:05:59 am
Timbo 66
Augusta 54

Final.
don't know how long #13 is out for Timbo but they miss him. I don't know if they can win regionals without him. Does #31 have any offers? He is a very skilled player and is a very hard worker. Never seen him lose his cool. #3 for Augusta could flat elevate but Gammil seemed to still get several rebounds. On the girls side district 5 is second to none. A total mismatch. Good luck to all teams today

Batman44

Could use a little help from my friends. Watched all the games last night. Really impressed with Timbo and Concord boys. Can't make it tonight. Wondering what the bracket looks like for tomorrow night. Time, and guesstimate on who will be meeting from tonight's games. Thanks in advance, and go CONCORD.
PS, someone needs to tell Kenny C that he needs to be out supporting his team, school, community, son, and brother at these games:)

J.D.

Quote from: Batman44 on February 21, 2019, 02:58:06 pm
Could use a little help from my friends. Watched all the games last night. Really impressed with Timbo and Concord boys. Can't make it tonight. Wondering what the bracket looks like for tomorrow night. Time, and guesstimate on who will be meeting from tonight's games. Thanks in advance, and go CONCORD.
PS, someone needs to tell Kenny C that he needs to be out supporting his team, school, community, son, and brother at these games:)

Friday

Mt.Vernon-Enola vs Rural Special girls

Concord vs Bradford/WSGF boys

Concord vs Wonderview girls

Timbo vs MVE/Brinkley boys

I assume game times will be similar to Wednesday/Thursday

Batman44

Thanks J D for the info, and I'm not slighting MVE, I would like for them to win tonight, for sure. Maybe I'll see you there tomorrow night.

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Batman44 on February 21, 2019, 03:44:32 pm
Thanks J D for the info, and I'm not slighting MVE, I would like for them to win tonight, for sure. Maybe I'll see you there tomorrow night.
Don't forget Batman, games are live on www.lakeareasports.com.

J.D.

Quote from: Batman44 on February 21, 2019, 03:44:32 pm

I'm here tonight, might be here Friday or Saturday.  We will catch up.

J.D.

Mt.Vernon-Enola girls won by a lot. Didn't catch the final

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

Batman44

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on February 21, 2019, 05:02:23 pm
Don't forget Batman, games are live on www.lakeareasports.com.
Thanks BNS, I'm all on it! Looks, and sounds great!

yesteryearman

yesteryearman

Final (girls)

Concord  64
Bradford  48

ProudMary

Wish someone would have sat that idiot down woo was standing in front of the camera the whole game.

Fleaflicker

At the buzzer wow Mt Vernon

Batman44

J.D.

Final Boys

Mt.Vernon-Enola - 65

Brinkley - 64

ballmember

First round now finished.  District 1a-5 has won 7 of the 8 matchups with District 6 and only one of those games were close, MVE and Brinkley boys.  Bradford boys only winner for district 6 and they beat a young greers ferry westside team that starts 2 freshmen and 3 sophmores, who could be a force in the future.   After watching the first round the 5 girls teams that did not get to participate out of district 5, in my opinion could have beaten the district 6 girls teams that I saw.   My point is the AAA don't make things fair and equitable in their alignments of conferences.   

Flobbito

Central Ark

Quote from: J.D. on February 21, 2019, 10:20:32 pm
Final Boys

Mt.Vernon-Enola - 65

Brinkley - 64
HEADLINE READS:

MVE barely squeaks by Brinkley, but 1a-5 dominates

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas