• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A North Boys/Girls Regional at Morrilton thread.

Started by Sigmund Sauer, February 16, 2019, 08:24:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigmund Sauer

beach bum

I posted on the 1-4A thread do I have these boys matchups right?

Pottsville vs Farmington (Pottsville will be too stout defensively)
Morrilton vs Huntsville (Devil Dogs should ride that home court although them Madison Co boys are sneaky)
Pea Ridge vs Dardanelle (this should be the dandy of them all and a close matchup)
Harrison vs Ozark (Goblin boys are clicking at the right time)

Someone post the ladies matchups when you can. I know the 1-4A is very stout on the ladies side

Go Postal

According to Maxpreps:
Girls
G1 2/20 @ 4
Farmington
Ozark

G2 2/21 @ 4
Pottsville
Harrison

G3 2/20 @ 7
Clarksville
Pea Ridge

G4 2/21 @ 7
Berryville
Morrilton

Bracket link

http://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/view.aspx?tournamentid=19f6e826-c512-e911-80cb-ffcbfef4f97a&ssid=b4272dfc-79ea-48c8-8b26-b05e9cf75695

Go Postal

Boys
G1 2/20 @ 5:30
Harrison
Ozark

G2 2/21 @ 5:30
Morrilton
Huntsville

G3 2/20 @ 8:30
Pottsville
Farmington

G4 2/21 @ 8:30
Pea Ridge
Dardanelle

Bracket link

http://www.maxpreps.com/tournament/view.aspx?tournamentid=2291821b-c212-e911-80cb-ffcbfef4f97a&ssid=e7097e2b-5b73-4259-b3b5-79244bd0f71e

Go Postal

Though not sure yet but live links should be available from the following schools:
Farmington - Farmcards Live on YouTube
Harrison - GobTV on YouTube or Mascot Media
                - Kool 96.1 KCWD
Pea Ridge - esenetworks.com

I don't know about any of the other schools on if they have video or radio links, but if anyone knows of any, that this would be a good place to post them.

StevenGlen

Pottsville games will be on 100.9 FM KWKK out of Russellville.  Clarksville's games will be on KIX 106 (106.9) from Clarksville and I think the host Morrilton's games will be on KVOM 101.7.  I'm not aware of any online video streaming.  For those coming from the 1-4A the Devil Dogs have a fantastic facility.  Let your GPS get you to the High School and I promise you can't miss the Arena.  For my money the Morrilton Drive Inn is the best place to eat there. 

doctor in the house

The game that I hope to see is Harrison vs Huntsville.. Anyone that watched their previous match ups knows what I am talking about..

Gray lizard

I like Pottsville on the boys side and think they will win the region.  Of course there is a reason they play the games.

I like Berryville on the girls side and think We could see three teams out of the 1 move on to state.  The question I have is how will the 1 match up against a big girl in the paint.  Clarksville and Morriliton have good paint play.  I would love to see Pottsville move on to state but they have lost all three earlier games to 4-1A teams.

Hawk4L

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 18, 2019, 08:10:00 am
I like Pottsville on the boys side and think they will win the region.  Of course there is a reason they play the games.

I like Berryville on the girls side and think We could see three teams out of the 1 move on to state.  The question I have is how will the 1 match up against a big girl in the paint.  Clarksville and Morriliton have good paint play.  I would love to see Pottsville move on to state but they have lost all three earlier games to 4-1A teams.
Pea Ridge beat Clarksville by 5 earlier this year. If they do so again I see all 4 of the 4A-1 advancing 

Gray lizard

Quote from: Hawk4L on February 18, 2019, 10:49:10 am
Pea Ridge beat Clarksville by 5 earlier this year. If they do so again I see all 4 of the 4A-1 advancing
I could see that all the 4-4A teams seem to be very up and down depending on the team match up. If Pottsville is hitting the 3 they can give anyone a game. Problem is they lack the ability shoot the 3 well every game.

HogCall11

Is Morrilton girls pretty good? I know they will have home court advantage. It looks like they have some good wins and some bad losses also.

Gray lizard

Quote from: HogCall11 on February 18, 2019, 01:06:51 pm
Is Morrilton girls pretty good? I know they will have home court advantage. It looks like they have some good wins and some bad losses also.
They have a tall big girl I would continue to force the ball to.  If they do that they will be a tough out. They also have a girl you have to cover or she will drain several 3's.

HogCall11

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 18, 2019, 01:40:51 pm
They have a tall big girl I would continue to force the ball to.  If they do that they will be a tough out. They also have a girl you have to cover or she will drain several 3's.

Thank you!

Go Postal

I watched Pottsville boys win 51-45 against the Goblins back on 1/4/19.  They looked pretty good.
Harrison girls won 65-43 against the lady Apaches in the game before.  Here is the link if anyone wants to watch it.

https://youtu.be/rKc2sGn5jhM

HogCall11

Only game that I'm worried about from the 1-4a not making it through is Clarksville/Pea Ridge. Could be a toss up.

Go Postal

Quote from: HogCall11 on February 18, 2019, 05:55:58 pm
Only game that I'm worried about from the 1-4a not making it through is Clarksville/Pea Ridge. Could be a toss up.
Yeah, but you got to watch out for the Red Panther's cheerleaders too.  ;)

Go Postal

...and the 4A-4 players with their fans cried out in terror, "What is that noise?"
The players and fans of the red Panthers and Devil Dogs calmly watched the horizon.
The  4A-4 players with their fans yelled, "Why is the ground shaking?"
The players and fans of the red Panthers and Devil Dogs stood unwavering in their stance.
The 4A-4 players with their fans asked the red Panthers and Devil Dogs, "What is it and what do you know that we do not?"
The red Panthers and Devil Dogs said, "We've been through this before." "Beware, be very aware.  There's a storm coming in from Northwest Arkansas "  ;)

Livewire

Gray lizard

February 19, 2019, 08:03:16 am #19 Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 09:02:47 am by Gray lizard
I think the Pottsville boys team is as strong a team as the 4A-1 girls will be in this region. Their margin of point win has increased greatly in the second half of the season. They go 8 deep with out any loss of talent.  They can shoot from anywhere on the court and have 5 players that shoot the 3 ball well. I may be proven wrong but I can see them matched up against Mills in the final game.

3 Dollar

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 19, 2019, 08:03:16 am
I think the Pottsville boys team is as strong a team as the 4-1A girls will be in this region. Their margin of point win has increased greatly in the second half of the season. They go 8 deep with out any loss of talent.  They can shoot from anywhere on the court and have 5 players that shoot the 3 ball well. I may be proven wrong but I can see them matched up against Mills in the final game.

It's 1-4A or 4A-1!!

3 Dollar

Predictions:

Girls:
1.  Farmington
2.  Berryville
3.  Harrison
4.  Pea Ridge

Boys:
1.  Pottsville
2.  Harrison
3.  Morrilton
4.  Dardanelle

Gray lizard

February 19, 2019, 09:15:04 am #22 Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 11:40:02 am by Gray lizard
Prediction
Girls
1. Berryville
2. Harrison
3. Farmington
4. Clarksville

Boys
1. Pottsville
2. Morrilton
3. Harrison
4. Pea Ridge

Gray lizard

Anyone know how admission will be done?  Will they have a early session and late session.  If so will they clear the gym between the sessions?

Hawk4L

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 19, 2019, 09:15:04 am
Prediction
Girls
1. Berryville
2. Harrison
3. Farmington
4. Morrilton

Boys
1. Pottsville
2. Morrilton
3. Harrison
4. Pea Ridge

Your girls prediction can't happen as Morrilton plays Berryville

Gray lizard

Quote from: Hawk4L on February 19, 2019, 10:55:48 am
Your girls prediction can't happen as Morrilton plays Berryville
You are correct I meant to put Clarksville. Sorry about that.

LRRandy

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 19, 2019, 09:21:02 am
Anyone know how admission will be done?  Will they have a early session and late session.  If so will they clear the gym between the sessions?
in the past they have only cleared the gym on Saturdays.

MDXPHD

I think Harrison girls win this Region. Can any of the girls teams who aren't in 4A-1 compete here? I know nothing about them.

HogCall11

Quote from: MDXPHD on February 19, 2019, 12:53:39 pm
I think Harrison girls win this Region. Can any of the girls teams who aren't in 4A-1 compete here? I know nothing about them.

You think Harrison will get revenge on Farmington in the Friday game?

MDXPHD

Quote from: HogCall11 on February 19, 2019, 01:14:21 pm
You think Harrison will get revenge on Farmington in the Friday game?

I do! I think Harrison will have a fire under them for it. Revenge is the best motivation sometimes - especially for high school kids.

HogCall11

Gray lizard

Don't get me wrong. I pick them by what I have watched and a good dose of luck.  There are three teams out of the 4 that are good teams and could catch fire at any time.  Those teams being Clarksville, Morriliton, and Pottsville. I just think the 1 has the three best out of the 8 teams. We will see basketball gets fun this time of year.  Some teams come together and some fall apart. Of course I am hoping for an Apache run.

Hawk4L

Quote from: Gray lizard on February 19, 2019, 02:35:08 pm
Don't get me wrong. I pick them by what I have watched and a good dose of luck.  There are three teams out of the 4 that are good teams and could catch fire at any time.  Those teams being Clarksville, Morriliton, and Pottsville. I just think the 1 has the three best out of the 8 teams. We will see basketball gets fun this time of year.  Some teams come together and some fall apart. Of course I am hoping for an Apache run.

So you don't think Pea Ridge is in top 8?  They have beaten Farmington and Berryville.  All 4 of those teams are capable of beating each other.  Pea Ridge won the west so to not so they are top 8 come on. They have already beaten Clarksville

Gray lizard

Quote from: Hawk4L on February 19, 2019, 02:44:00 pm
So you don't think Pea Ridge is in top 8?  They have beaten Farmington and Berryville.  All 4 of those teams are capable of beating each other.  Pea Ridge won the west so to not so they are top 8 come on. They have already beaten Clarksville
It would not surprise me at all if the 4 teams from the 4A-1 move on to state. Way better chance of that than the four teams from the 4A-4 moving on to state.

prHOG13

doctor in the house

Girls
1. Harrison
2. Berryville
3. Farmington
4. Pea Ridge

Boys
1. Pottsville
2. Harrison/Huntsville
3. Huntsville/Harrison
4. Pea Ridge

Go Postal

It will seem like a old 5A West homecoming for 8 of the boys and girls teams playing.  8)

Go Postal

StevenGlen

Quote from: MDXPHD on February 19, 2019, 12:53:39 pm

I've seen Clarksville 5 times this year broadcasting the 2 games where they played Pottsville, as the Lady Apache broadcaster then filling in for the Clarksville radio crew a couple of times.  In 4 of the 5 games I've seen the Lady Panthers shoot lights out from 3 point range.  Clarksville is also good in the post, with depth at that position.  I"d be quite surprised if they don't qualify for State, but the only teams I've seen from the 1-4A are Harrison and Farmington and then only once each. 

Fans coming from the 1-4A please drive safely.  Wave at me when you go past the Pottsville exit, as I'll be in my office slaving away over a hot computer until game time.

Steve

Dawgz12

On the girls side, I do think the 1 is the better conference. However, those top 3 teams from the 4 could get hot at any time, especially Clarksville and Morrilton in my opinion. Homecourt advantage could also come into play for Morrilton if the crowd gets involved. Nonetheless I expect there to be some good games on both the girls and boys side all throughout the tournament.

Go Postal

Go Postal

Go Postal

Go Postal

Go Postal

Go Postal

beach bum

Lady Cardinals looked like they were locked in defensively with that dominating performance

And GOOOOO GOBLINS

Go Postal

Go Postal

Boys
Harrison 26
Ozark 29

Half

Great 3s by Ozark.  Goblins need to wake up.

Go Postal

Boys
Harrison 33
Ozark 38

End of 3.

Don't know what's going on with GOBS but they need to get the ice off.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas