• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big time games in South Ark Girls B-ball 1/25

Started by BigBob, January 24, 2018, 12:01:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBob

Blevins lady Hornets 17-5 @ Home vs the Poyen Lady Indians 17-2

Camden Harmony Grove 19-2 @ Home vs the Spring Hill Lady Bears 17-3

These 4 teams should represent the South region in the state tourney. I'll take the lady Indians and Lady Bears for these games.

Thoughts, predictions?

Mr316

The only team I've seen play is Camden Harmony Grove and they have a lots of talent. Also their fans have a powerful presence so playing at home will help them tremendously

ak58

I've seen all but poyen. Watched HG twice, they have one really good player the rest are average at best. 1 or 2 shooters.  SH fans travel as well as anyone one so it won't be too much of a disadvantage.
Blevins has 3 solid, speedy guards. Idk what poyen has but they're doing something right to be winning.

Hgalum50

Quote from: ak58 on January 24, 2018, 01:39:11 pm
I've seen all but poyen. Watched HG twice, they have one really good player the rest are average at best. 1 or 2 shooters.  SH fans travel as well as anyone one so it won't be too much of a disadvantage.
Blevins has 3 solid, speedy guards. Idk what poyen has but they're doing something right to be winning.
If you think HG has just one good player then you are in for a rude awakening.

ak58

No I don't think so, seen them twice this year. A few good shooters, #12  is really good. But nobody else was really draw dropping. They play well as as team. It will be a good game. Went into overtime last year last season so I expect the same type game this year.

Hgalum50

Quote from: ak58 on January 24, 2018, 08:12:15 pm
No I don't think so, seen them twice this year. A few good shooters, #12  is really good. But nobody else was really draw dropping. They play well as as team. It will be a good game. Went into overtime last year last season so I expect the same type game this year.
It doesn't have to be pretty all you need is a bunch of girls/guys that will get after it and maybe one outstanding player.

ak58

eldofan

I was impressed with the CHG girls tues nite .

BigBob

Quote from: eldofan on January 24, 2018, 10:11:26 pm
I was impressed with the CHG girls tues nite .
It's easy to be impressed when you're playing against pc girls.

eldofan

Quote from: BigBob on January 24, 2018, 10:35:03 pm
It's easy to be impressed when you're playing against pc girls.
They impressed me more than the Springhill girls!!!

BigBob

Quote from: eldofan on January 24, 2018, 10:38:54 pm
They impressed me more than the Springhill girls!!!
since the starters played a total of 7 minuets that game.

ak58

January 24, 2018, 11:21:31 pm #11 Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 11:32:31 pm by ak58
Their most impressive win is against Hampton. The only team with a winning record they've beat, or the only team with a winning record on their schedule besides Spring Hill. (2 words)

eldofan

January 25, 2018, 09:45:42 am #12 Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 11:49:01 am by eldofan
Quote from: BigBob on January 24, 2018, 11:16:24 pm
since the starters played a total of 7 minuets that game.
They played more than that at Pc . Besides I stated an opinion about CHG and your donkey has to throw your bs about the Pc girls . They are struggling this year . Your comment wasn't called for bc I made no comment about your team until u made that Bs comment .

eldofan

Quote from: ak58 on January 24, 2018, 11:21:31 pm
Their most impressive win is against Hampton. The only team with a winning record they've beat, or the only team with a winning record on their schedule besides Spring Hill. (2 words)
Thanks for letting me know how it should look. Lighten up and quit being so defensive if your team is as good as u think

ak58

Sorry it's a pet peeve and a common mistake. Not being defensive, just pointing out a very weak schedule. No doubt they are a good team.

Hgalum50

Quote from: ak58 on January 25, 2018, 01:01:15 pm
Sorry it's a pet peeve and a common mistake. Not being defensive, just pointing out a very weak schedule. No doubt they are a good team.
It's kinda funny how alot of people said our boys have a weak schedule but have went toe to toe with 2 of the best teams in the state. PC and Bearden! Should have beat PC but foul trouble ruined it. Sounds about like what you're saying about our girls team.

BigBob

Finals

Poyen 67
Blevins 56

Spring Hill 51
Harmony Grove 43

PapaHog

Those girls across the river just didn't have enough fire power. SH girls just keep coming at you. Deep team. That pg can flat out play.

BigBob

Quote from: eldofan on January 25, 2018, 09:45:42 am
They played more than that at Pc . Besides I stated an opinion about CHG and your donkey has to throw your bs about the Pc girls . They are struggling this year . Your comment wasn't called for bc I made no comment about your team until u made that Bs comment .
I'm  sorry "eldo"fan. I didn't think it would hurt your feelings that bad staring an opinion or maybe even a fact about PC. You should be happy SH didn't beat them as bad as they could've and that coach pulled them back early out of respect for pc.

ak58

Quote from: PapaHog on January 26, 2018, 07:44:56 am
Those girls across the river just didn't have enough fire power. SH girls just keep coming at you. Deep team. That pg can flat out play.
yes sir. HG with   1 really good player and the rest are average at best. It's was nice to see another scorer emerge for SH!

eldofan

Quote from: BigBob on January 26, 2018, 07:57:41 am
I'm  sorry "eldo"fan. I didn't think it would hurt your feelings that bad staring an opinion or maybe even a fact about PC. You should be happy SH didn't beat them as bad as they could've and that coach pulled them back early out of respect for pc.
Like I said and will say again . Your starters played well into the second half

ak58

It doesn't really matter who impressed you more eldo, we handled  pc, just about how everyone does, and beat HG. held a double digit lead for most of the game too. It's all good.

eldofan

No it's not when u lie about mins played. Tell the truth and I'm ok with it .

ak58

Which game are y'all talking about? SH has had several different starting groups this season. They are very deep

BigBob

They may have played in the second half, I didn't mention half or quarters. I said minuets, the top 10 or 11 Girls get equal minutes on most nights. Not gonna complain about a 23 point win or argue with someone who thinks is necessary or even relevant to create 5 threads about pc instead of just posting the Scores in the Scores thread.

eldofan

Well don't read what I post then. I think u are the same guy complaining about the score of the football game last sept .

eldofan

Quote from: ak58 on January 26, 2018, 10:59:56 am
Which game are y'all talking about? SH has had several different starting groups this season. They are very deep
Its  obvious that I support Pc.

BigBob

Quote from: eldofan on January 26, 2018, 11:25:58 am
Well don't read what I post then. I think u are the same guy complaining about the score of the football game last sept .
No sir, only thing I complained about were SH coaches and admired PCs.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas