• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bohannon to announce the 19th @ 2p.m

Started by bigbrew25, December 15, 2017, 06:32:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Letmland

Quote from: mr.gametime on December 16, 2017, 01:27:05 pm
No he don't ...thats just for show, glamour, and politics.....he just wants his grandson to be able to say he played football at the University of Arkansas....he will never be the starter

Mr. G:  I lived in Dallas for 25 years. My last son grew up playing against him. He's a baller and Grand Daddy's money will do the talking. Wait and see. That aside, John Steven Jones is an incredible athlete. I hope they put him in as a running back or even a receiver. I'm not sure if that would placate the egos in this equation. Gerry needs to go where he has no chances of getting politic'd out.

couch-coach06

O dear God every school has politics but no coach I know would ever not play who he thought his best chance too win ball games was I mean there stinking job depends on it .. if he is the best player he will win the job . It's silly too think otherwise.

dart

Quote from: couch-coach06 on December 17, 2017, 12:06:21 pm
O dear God every school has politics but no coach I know would ever not play who he thought his best chance too win ball games was I mean there stinking job depends on it .. if he is the best player he will win the job . It's silly too think otherwise.
+1

Letmland

I hope I have to eat crow. What I see of Coach Morris is very good.

Dogg

Quote from: Mr. Trill on December 17, 2017, 03:33:39 am
My prediction lies heavily on Baylor it's just a gut feeling. Baylor 60%, UA 30% and the other two share 10%.
U of A has no chance thanks to Brett and Lunney. Enos didn't try either

couch-coach06

And none of those guys are going too be involved with him if he comes to the u of a so what they did shouldnt make a crap .. sure lunney is still there but he recruited who he was told too by the previous staff. . if he doesn't come and that's his excuse that's pretty crappy !

Mr. Trill

YOUre right about that, Arkansas chance should has taken a big dip

Champ74

This is totally an alternate reality statement. It happens all the time.

Dogg

Quote from: couch-coach06 on December 17, 2017, 01:31:05 pm
And none of those guys are going too be involved with him if he comes to the u of a so what they did shouldnt make a crap .. sure lunney is still there but he recruited who he was told too by the previous staff. . if he doesn't come and that's his excuse that's pretty crappy !
No one said that's his excuse, the Hogs never put forth any effort. Morris came and had a helluva presentation but he's up against coaches that have been recruiting Gerry the last 2 years. Gerry was at Memphis this weekend. Recruiting is about the relationship and with one week before signing day it was impossible for Morris to do that. Lunney could have done a better job if he wanted to. Lunney had no interest in Gerry. By the way Gerry went on the hill and worked out at every skill position on O & D and the Hogs still took their time in extending an offer. Hogs blew it.

couch-coach06

I guess I see what you mean ... I just get frustrated with kids . I'm one of the guys if given the opportunity to play at Arkansas would have shut down everything right then and there and it wouldn't matter who the coach was .. but I do understand the people who aren't like me lol

bdubyab60

We just fired one who played favorites. So it does happen

Dogg

RiceMan3

I'm hearing it's Memphis.  Morris has about a 1 in 5 chance.

Dogg

NEark tigers

Personally, I hope and pray he goes to Memphis.

Make it happen, Coach Norvell!!

Missco

I think Memphis would be a good fit but I could see it being Baylor or the Hogs.

sheepdawg92

I hope GB goes to Arkansas. But my buddy of mine say he believe its Baylor with all the Sanction i hope not. He also says that Memphis is in the running so who knows. They say that Arkansas drop the ball on recruiting him smh.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: sheepdawg92 on December 19, 2017, 10:44:34 am
I hope GB goes to Arkansas. But my buddy of mine say he believe its Baylor with all the Sanction i hope not. He also says that Memphis is in the running so who knows. They say that Arkansas drop the ball on recruiting him smh.
Would be $hocked of $omeone cho$e the Bear$ with all their $anctions.

Pit Bull

sheepdawg92

Quote from: Oldman on December 19, 2017, 10:47:13 am
Would be $hocked of $omeone cho$e the Bear$ with all their $anctions.
if he goes to Baylor he should went to Ole Miss lol

Jimbo Morphis

December 19, 2017, 11:54:44 am #70 Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 12:34:59 pm by Oldman
Quote from: Pit Bull on December 19, 2017, 10:57:09 am
It's still Big 12 Football
Thought you were in FF jail?

Champ74

December 19, 2017, 12:25:59 pm #71 Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 12:27:37 pm by Champ74
It's almost time.

sheepdawg92

Quote from: Pit Bull on December 19, 2017, 10:57:09 am
It's still Big 12 Football
Pit Bull is back but Big 12 it is not the SEC and I heard its looking like Baylor where he be going school in Jan.  SMH....

Mr. Trill

brown2010

sheepdawg92

C.C.TbirdFan

WTD

December 19, 2017, 02:25:00 pm #77 Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 02:40:20 pm by WTD
Hat game looks like Baylor. He'll have one other QB to compete with vs 2-3 incoming freshman and what's already there at Arkansas. This is the hand he was delt based on his location, I imagine he's a great kid and is choosing a school he'll have the best opportunity at. Baylor is that school. He's been the best athlete at his school since he was in the 8th grade, best player in 2a since he was a sophomore. He's never been challenged for a position and he's light years behind in understanding a complex college offense. No more "z go" "x slant"... Baylor will be the best fit for him. Good luck to him!

Mr. Trill

IM watching Netflix 2 Facebook live videos if anyone wants to join. He hasn't came out yet, last I heard was that he was on the phone with Chad Morris

Sports Guru

Quote from: Mr. Trill on December 19, 2017, 02:30:03 pm
IM watching Netflix 2 Facebook live videos if anyone wants to join. He hasn't came out yet, last I heard was that he was on the phone with Chad Morris
Where the live video at?

M.I. D

mr.gametime

bdubyab60

Jimbo Morphis

beach bum

Well when he gets a degree from Baylor it will mean a lot more than one from Arkansas....

Mr. Trill

December 19, 2017, 02:46:29 pm #85 Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 02:48:36 pm by Mr. Trill
GB has made his selection. After following all of his retweeting I knew this would be his selection

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Mr. Trill on December 19, 2017, 02:46:29 pm
GB has made his selection after following all of his retweeting I knew this would be his selection
WHO?

Mr. Trill

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: beach bum on December 19, 2017, 02:46:15 pm
Well when he gets a degree from Baylor it will mean a lot more than one from Arkansas....
Please explain?

Mr. Trill

beach bum

Quote from: Oldman on December 19, 2017, 02:48:17 pm
Please explain?

Baylor is just highly known when it comes to academics.  It is also the largest Baptist university in the country which carries a lot of weight in this part of the country in particular for some reason. I think Baylor was a great choice for him for his football future and his future in general after football.

Pit Bull

Pit Bull

Quote from: Oldman on December 19, 2017, 11:54:44 am
Thought you were in FF jail?

Broke out in time for the announcement, now I'm back on the run.

mr.gametime

And the kid from Charleston flipped from Arkansas to Oklahoma State yesterday..smh...gotta keep in state talent home.

C.C.TbirdFan

HorseFeathers

Quote from: mr.gametime on December 19, 2017, 02:55:13 pm
And the kid from Charleston flipped from Arkansas to Oklahoma State yesterday..smh...gotta keep in state talent home.

He flipped because of Arkansas still not having a DC... Bohannon didn't flip, bielema ignored him....and Morris didn't have time to fix that problem....

I think Morris will be able to cherry pick the best kids in the state....but it's hard to mend fences in a week

couch-coach06

couch-coach06

Quote from: beach bum on December 19, 2017, 02:46:15 pm

Ok I've set back and let you run your mouth about our hogs and not said a word but this is the dumbest statement I have ever heard. . Baylor is not a dang ivy league school or Stanford you get the same degree as Arkansas .. the only reason he is going there is cause he is a chicken  and scared of a QB battle .. jokes on him cause they have a very good qb that played several games as a freshman and he will likely set 3 years behind that kid .. you are talking about a university that had one of the largest sex scandles ever   . And won 1 football game and trying too make it sound like harvard .. Arkansas takes care of it's own ! Baylor will not ! I don't wish any I'll will on the kid ..

beach bum

Quote from: couch-coach06 on December 19, 2017, 03:58:54 pm
Ok I've set back and let you run your mouth about our hogs and not said a word but this is the dumbest statement I have ever heard. . Baylor is not a dang ivy league school or Stanford you get the same degree as Arkansas .. the only reason he is going there is cause he is a chicken  and scared of a QB battle .. jokes on him cause they have a very good qb that played several games as a freshman and he will likely set 3 years behind that kid .. you are talking about a university that had one of the largest sex scandles ever   . And won 1 football game and trying too make it sound like harvard .. Arkansas takes care of it's own ! Baylor will not ! I don't wish any I'll will on the kid ..

Duly noted  ;D

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: beach bum on December 19, 2017, 02:51:28 pm
Baylor is just highly known when it comes to academics.  It is also the largest Baptist university in the country which carries a lot of weight in this part of the country in particular for some reason. I think Baylor was a great choice for him for his football future and his future in general after football.
Done much hiring in this state? If he stays in Texas after football and if he gets a degree you may be right. If he ever wants to come back to Arkansas a degree from Baylor is no different than one from UAM.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas