• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 3 @ Melbourne

Started by Head Lion, February 17, 2018, 12:37:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

YSpanther

Valley posted on Max Preps.  Survived 65-61 over Corning.

So no sweep for the 3.  See whoever makes it tomorrow there.

Head Lion

Quote from: YSpanther on February 21, 2018, 09:59:01 pm
501 still covering those bets?   ;D  Or was it Nea? Nope it was HeadLion.  8)

Anyone got an update on the Valley game?
Let me know how much cash to bring? I will cover ALL BETS straight up on Osceola/YS!

drybones

February 22, 2018, 12:44:37 am #102 Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 12:54:04 am by drybones
Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 20, 2018, 07:08:29 pm
Tomorrow I like

Riverside girls by 15
Manila Boys by 14
Mt View by 30 over Rivercrest
Valley by 8 over Corning
You were pretty close.

biglion1985

As seen against us if Yellville can manage to work the ball around and make there shots and slow the pace down they may have a shot at taking down the Noles but I doubt it happens but best of luck to both teams

biglion1985

Oh and most importantly don't turn the ball over lol

YSpanther

Quote from: biglion1985 on February 22, 2018, 12:46:20 am
Oh and most importantly don't turn the ball over lol
That goes without saying. The Valley guys was talking from playing at their house.  They would put their length 3 strong right up front, instead of a full pressure man like Osceola likes with their guards. We have fared much better against most teams than we did against the two games in Valley's gym.  The early Clinton game was a perfect storm of nothing going in for us and everything going in for them combined with us missing our football players. Valley Springs, Deer and Huntsville had our number and beat us twice.  The other losses were a 3 point last minute shot in overtime to Alpena, 12 point loss down at Marshall and a 2 point loss to 4A Berryville.  Huntsville got us by 3 at their place.  So other than the Clinton debacle and the sound beating over at Valley the first trip over, we have been in every game we played this year.  Now I know we haven't seen anything like Osceola, but this year we don't go into regionals with 2 starters sitting with a messed up ankle and another at home in bed with the flu.
T
The seminoles will get our best shot.  Whatever that is worth.  My question is how was the crew calling the games? Tight or loose?  If they call it tight, we might get them in foul trouble on the bigs and we do at least shoot free throws okay.  If they call it loose, it might get out of hand. 

Good luck to all, the final four will be set tomorrow night either way.

501Arkansas

If my noles come to play and is all about business they wouldn't have no problem beating anyone. Long as they don't look over anyone and play Seminole ball, it wont look good for other teams. Far as yellville, Osceola will be the most fastest, dangerous, physical and athletic team they have played this year. The pressure these guess are about to lay on yellville is about to be crazy. Hope both teams come out ready. I will miss this game have to work. Noles by 10+

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 21, 2018, 09:57:16 pm
It would really help here at Riverside. It would keep us from trying to hold the ball for an entire quarter! Lady Rebels aren't that good at it either as was evident tonight.

Last week he got blasted for running up the score on a 1st round game... And he has been blasted a few times for it through the season.   Guess he decided to let the foot off the gas.   He has a great team if I was him I'd just let them go and try to clock everyone.  leave no doubt.  Good Luck Lady Rebels!!

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: NEABBALLFAN03 on February 21, 2018, 06:53:14 pm
Final Manila 65 Marshall 48.

Congrats to HL & the Manila Lions!!   good luck Lions the rest of the way!!

NEABBALLFAN03

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on February 22, 2018, 07:52:06 am
+1

Head Lion

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on February 22, 2018, 07:52:06 am
Thanks my friend, look like we are finally hitting our stride. Best of luck to the Mustangs.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Head Lion on February 22, 2018, 08:16:03 am
Thanks my friend, look like we are finally hitting our stride. Best of luck to the Mustangs.

Yes looks like it! Good thing Mustangs are in 2A !  J/K  I know you had some sick kids when they played at the MAC!

Thanks!!  Mustangs are going to need some luck tonight for sure!   it can be done just a lot has to go right for them. 

BoxNOne

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on February 22, 2018, 07:48:10 am
Last week he got blasted for running up the score on a 1st round game... And he has been blasted a few times for it through the season.   Guess he decided to let the foot off the gas.   He has a great team if I was him I'd just let them go and try to clock everyone.  leave no doubt.  Good Luck Lady Rebels!!

+1 Mustang. I've watched a lot of high school games and have never seen a team up 17 at the start of the 4th quarter hold the ball the whole 4th quarter. Every Rebel fan I talked to after the game couldn't figure it out either lol! But at least the Lady Rebels "hung on" to advance to state!

General Lee

Quote from: BoxNOne on February 22, 2018, 08:24:43 am
+1 Mustang. I've watched a lot of high school games and have never seen a team up 17 at the start of the 4th quarter hold the ball the whole 4th quarter. Every Rebel fan I talked to after the game couldn't figure it out either lol! But at least the Lady Rebels "hung on" to advance to state!

So let me get this right, they held the ball the whole 4th quarter and were up 17? Like didn't shoot the ball?? It's one thing to let off the gas but that right there is the only conceivable way to lose that ballgame!

BoxNOne

Pretty sure they only took one field goal attempt in the 4th, an uncontested layup on a out of bounds play.

zebra73

CoachDrennan

After playing Yellville at district I firmly believe that Osceola stands no chance at beating Yellville. Yellville is far more superior at everything (Ex. Shooting. Defense, and athleticism) I will take all bets on this. Osceola is over ranked.

Basketballfan13

They scored 11 in the 3rd not holding the ball, and scored 10 in the 4th holding the ball. They made the free throws when it counted down the stretch.

baller334

Quote from: CoachDrennan on February 22, 2018, 11:15:46 am
After playing Yellville at district I firmly believe that Osceola stands no chance at beating Yellville. Yellville is far more superior at everything (Ex. Shooting. Defense, and athleticism) I will take all bets on this. Osceola is over ranked.

WOW DID I JUST READ THIS RIGHT???
I'm all about opinions but dude this crazy!!!

NEABBALLFAN03

Sounds like someone is just trying to rattle some nerves.  I'm sure this will be put to rest tonight.  Like buried at least by at least +25.  Y'all better respect the 3A-3!

501Arkansas

Osceola is the most athletic team yellville will see this season. Over ranked How? What kind of crack you smoking? Lol

501Arkansas

Quote from: baller334 on February 22, 2018, 11:45:23 am
Guess he woke up on the wrong side of the bed

YSpanther

Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 22, 2018, 11:57:17 am
Osceola is the most athletic team yellville will see this season. Over ranked How? What kind of crack you smoking? Lol
Quote from: baller334 on February 22, 2018, 11:45:23 am
Insert my trolling motor meme here if I could

RedWolf275

Today I like

Melbourne girls by 15
Clinton boys by 7
Hoxie girls by 3
Osceola boys by 22

bobcats

THIS IS AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL WHO MAY READ ANY OF THIS IMPOSTERS POST!!!

This is not Coach Drennan.  He has never and will not be posting on FF.  Most who follow the 3A-1E on this board know I am Coach Drennan's dad and can assure you this is a fraud.  I will be requesting the moderators remove this ASAP.

JimmyChitwood

Quote from: bobcats on February 22, 2018, 01:12:03 pm
THIS IS AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT TO ALL WHO MAY READ ANY OF THIS IMPOSTERS POST!!!

This is not Coach Drennan.  He has never and will not be posting on FF.  Most who follow the 3A-1E on this board know I am Coach Drennan's dad and can assure you this is a fraud.  I will be requesting the moderators remove this ASAP.
z
I was about to say. I brielfy know Kelby and he is an intellegent hard working guy that knows the game. He wouldn't do anything like this.

drybones

I agree. After watching Manila (who beat the noles) play y'all last night and knowing how Yellville thumped you then I don't even see it being a contest.

501Arkansas

Quote from: drybones on February 22, 2018, 02:17:43 pm
I agree. After watching Manila (who beat the noles) play y'all last night and knowing how Yellville thumped you then I don't even see it being a contest.
You putting it like the noles haven't already beaten manila twice this season. Manila is darn good. If anything yellville won't stand a chance with manila. C'mon now

drybones

All joking aside, I think it will be a closer game than y'all are expecting. And if not then I will be expecting the "I told you so" to roll in. Good luck tonight to the 1E teams!!

CoolBreeze

Quote from: The not CoachDrennan and not too bright on February 22, 2018, 11:15:46 am
I'm curious, is "Ex." an abbreviation for example (FYI: the actual abbreviation is e.g.) or for except?

biglion1985

NEABBALLFAN03

Melbourne 71 Corning 51 girls.

Head Lion

Rivercrest 35 Clinton 30 at half

ISU7

Head Lion

Rivercrest 53 Clinton 40 after 3

501Arkansas

NEABBALLFAN03

Paperman

Head Lion

NEABBALLFAN03

hogball12

Any of the games being covered on the radio?

NEA Razorback olfan

501Arkansas

Great job Colts. Let's go noles!!!

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on February 22, 2018, 07:09:54 pm
Great job Colts. Let's go noles!!!
Yes sirrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Good luck Noles... 8)

ISU7

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 22, 2018, 12:27:26 pm
Today I like

Melbourne girls by 15
Clinton boys by 7
Hoxie girls by 3
Osceola boys by 22
Great job Colts +9😱

zebra73

RedWolf275

The Colts definetly surprised me there!

Girls final Hoxie 62-49 over Valley Springs