• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pine Bluff girls

Started by SNWA, January 03, 2014, 08:20:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

SNWA

Greenwood is traveling to Little Rock today to take on Pine Bluff. Does anyone have any input on the lady Zebras.

zebradynasty

PB girls are very athletic not very tall but they do have some inside presence. They have two scorers from outside and one inside. They go about 8 deep. Not very discipline on defense. They beat Parkview I didn't see the game but it tells me they are playing well so far this season.

SNWA

awesome.. thanks. Should be a good game.

urban legend2

Is that some type of classic at PA? I heard it mentioned, but have not seen much on it. And yeah, this is probably the best PB team they've had in probably the last 7-8 years. Not world beaters by any stretch but pretty good.

SNWA

No we were short games due to weather so coach got this game scheduled. We will play at 4:00 right before PA plays their games.

Blindsided

PB girls return all their starters from last year, and they also return a guard who was injured most of the year last year, that also started.  They are having a great year so far, and should be able to dethrone a Benton team who has won the conference two years in a row.  Look for them to give GW a game, but in the end, GW has too much. GW by 15.

urban legend2

Quote from: SNWA on January 03, 2014, 11:39:28 am
No we were short games due to weather so coach got this game scheduled. We will play at 4:00 right before PA plays their games.
Good deal. Should be a pretty decent game.

SNWA

Final...Greenwood 68 Pine Bluff 32........Gw Up 46 At One time

Mike Love

If Pine Bluff is "supposed" to be pretty good, the rest of 6a must be playing for 2nd place. Greenwood beat PB in every aspect of the game. I was there, and the only time the game was in any kind of doubt was before tip-off. Nothing Coach Moore tried worked against GW. Gw can really shoot the ball well.

Blindsided

Was PB missing anyone?  I had GW beating them but my goodness, not by 40!  PB beat Park view and Central.  I think that shows you right there that in basketball, anything can happen on any given night. 

climo

Quote from: Blindsided on January 04, 2014, 08:56:23 am
Was PB missing anyone?  I had GW beating them but my goodness, not by 40!  PB beat Park view and Central.  I think that shows you right there that in basketball, anything can happen on any given night. 

Pine Bluff lost to Central 63-54 in finals of Wynne Tourney on Monday

zebradynasty

I was not at the game but I got this report: PB played slow and lazy seemed tired. Also, could not understand why we played zone on a team that shot the ball as well as GW. GW is well coached but not the most athletic team no reason not to play them tight man to man. Most of GW shots were uncontested did not look like the same team that beat Parkview.

So hopefully a lesson was learned and PB will be much more prepared if not....they'll lose by more than 36!

SNWA

Pine Bluff Played Man To Man A Large part Of The Game. Gw Defense Slows Teams Down And Makes Teams Play A Different Game. Same Thing Happened When Gw Beat Hall A Couple Of Weeks Ago. As Far As Athletic, I Would Say You Would Have A tough time Finding A Team With More Athletic Girls That Go 10 deep Than Gw. 

TheMercenary

If I was coaching against GW, no way would I play tight M2m unless I had 5 lockdown D playing athletes.

These girls know how to turn up the tempo themselves and can play end to end as good as anyone.

zebradynasty

Quote from: SNWA on January 04, 2014, 10:17:22 am
Pine Bluff Played Man To Man A Large part Of The Game. Gw Defense Slows Teams Down And Makes Teams Play A Different Game. Same Thing Happened When Gw Beat Hall A Couple Of Weeks Ago. As Far As Athletic, I Would Say You Would Have A tough time Finding A Team With More Athletic Girls That Go 10 deep Than Gw. 

Like I said I wasn't at the game but I was told we played more match-up zone. To be clear I was not told that GW was not athletic only that PB has played more athletic teams this year and that PB is pretty athletic. I know PB has a couple of girls that play tennis and are not bad at it. A few play softball. The joke in the stands is if we took the girls basketball team they would win several relays at the state track meet. But I was told that GW made us play their style.   

Mike Love

Greenwood played a "tough" 1-3-1, and I would say the forced PB into at least 30 turn-overs. PB played man, then a match-up zone, nothing they did fazed GW. PB may be more "athletic", but are certainly not as good basketball players. GW was at least 10 deep, and everybody seemed "in-sync" in what they wanted to do.. PB may well win the south, and Lord knows Coach Moore is due, but if they dont take better care of the pea, the likes of Benton, El Dorado and Sheridan will be tough on them.

urban legend2

Ran into Moore today and he simply said his girls had one of those days where they just wasn't interested in playing. Everything they did was half arse and with no feeling or enthusiasm. Gave GW credit but was disappointed that his team didn't show up and got showed up.

SNWA

That Was Nice oF Him To Give Gw Credit For That 40 Point Win..lol  ..

DogsWin7

Quote from: SNWA on January 05, 2014, 06:01:11 am
That Was Nice oF Him To Give Gw Credit For That 40 Point Win..lol  ..
I heard it could have easily been by more. 

SNWA

Starters Played About Two And A Half qtrs

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas