• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Hurricane Classic Dates Jan 2-4

Started by ricepig, December 07, 2013, 03:00:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MDXPHD

Quote from: Almatrackster on January 05, 2014, 04:58:50 pm
If Clarksville is only losing to Jonesboro by 3 then that makes me a little more scared for Alma's game against them Friday.

Watching JHS, I can see how Clarksville would have hurt them inside.  Clarksville has a couple of guys inside that can play, then the Lees outside.  They are a pretty balanced team.

FD4

To answer the question did my team lose, not really, my team plays in 5A, and no, I dont think we would have done any better against JHS, that is with those officials, which by the way, frequent our gym too.  CR lost against JHS because they simply got mugged.  Touch fouls against CR, JHS could have tackled those guys and got away with it that night.  Heck, the CR center got an elbow in the eye, you know, that chicken wing fling that is supposed to be a technical foul. Split his cheek below the eye socket, no call.  But, in a case like that, you just have to play your game and control what your in control of.  If the refs are one sided, so what, you cant do anything about, so just concentrate.  CR's guard took JHS #10 to school on bringing the ball into the front court against his press.  Good stuff.

ricepig

Quote from: FD4 on January 07, 2014, 03:30:07 pm
To answer the question did my team lose, not really, my team plays in 5A, and no, I dont think we would have done any better against JHS, that is with those officials, which by the way, frequent our gym too.  CR lost against JHS because they simply got mugged.  Touch fouls against CR, JHS could have tackled those guys and got away with it that night.  Heck, the CR center got an elbow in the eye, you know, that chicken wing fling that is supposed to be a technical foul. Split his cheek below the eye socket, no call.  But, in a case like that, you just have to play your game and control what your in control of.  If the refs are one sided, so what, you cant do anything about, so just concentrate.  CR's guard took JHS #10 to school on bringing the ball into the front court against his press.  Good stuff.

When's the last time Wynne's done anything against Jonesboro with any officials? I would assume Jonesboro got no more "home" calls then any team does, but I didn't see the CR/JHS game, so I'll withhold judgment. I know in the Clarksville game, more fouls were called against Jonesboro than Clarksville. What was the foul differential in the CR game?

Oh, what D-I school has the CR guard signed with?

brown2010

what did your big jb team do with nlr at forreset city.  GOT BEAT  same thing happens when they come there

ricepig

Quote from: brown2010 on January 07, 2014, 07:26:29 pm
what did your big jb team do with nlr at forreset city.  GOT BEAT  same thing happens when they come there

Never said otherwise, I'd say they are at least double digit favorites, especially since Jonesboro lost their inside big man to an injury. When a team goes 8/8 from the three, and is 20/26 overall, and this is in the first half alone, then you are going to get spanked. However, they are beatable, PV beat them by about 10, and ECS took them to the wire.

ricepig

Thought I'd bring this one back up, just glad that JHS was able take "their" officials to all the conference games, state tournament games, and the finals in Hot Springs. Hopefully we'll do the same again next year, it's not like we have any talent or coaching.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas