• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2010 Arkansas Razorback Baseball Thread

Started by Chosen 1, February 16, 2010, 07:09:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Griffey Jr.

Guys, I don't know if DVH will be around after today.  In the 5th inning we have only scored 4 runs and htey have already scored 1.  We need at least 10 more.

B&GT

Quote from: Ken Griffey Jr. on March 20, 2010, 04:40:33 pm
Guys, I don't know if DVH will be around after today.  In the 5th inning we have only scored 4 runs and htey have already scored 1.  We need at least 10 more.

The 10 more part is no friggin joke.

AB™

Van Horn pulled Smyly too early. He had a 4-1 lead and then the bullpen gave up 8 runs in the 7th.

theHammer

Quote from: Ken Griffey Jr. on March 20, 2010, 04:40:33 pm
dude..

Chosen 1

AB™

I think the Hogs ended up losing 8-7.  They had a 4-1 lead in the 6th or 7th, Smyly got pulled, and the bullpen blew up.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: AB™ on March 20, 2010, 07:19:14 pm
I think the Hogs ended up losing 8-7.  They had a 4-1 lead in the 6th or 7th, Smyly got pulled, and the bullpen blew up.
We actually blew a 5-1 lead.

B&GT

Yeah Cox hit a solo homer in the top of the 7th.

Ken Griffey Jr.

Wow, sorry guys.  I will not post until we have actually won the game from now on.

theHammer

Quote from: Ken Griffey Jr. on March 20, 2010, 10:21:19 pm
Wow, sorry guys.  I will not post until we have actually won the game from now on.
That's more like it. lol

DevilDog4

Eibner had a great game against lsu the 1st game of the series but kinda strugled at the plate the second game..cant believe the bullpen blew up the second game

DevilDog4

Anybody know about the game tonight (score)

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: DevilDog4 on March 26, 2010, 08:36:57 pm
Anybody know about the game tonight (score)
Hogs were down 5-0 in the 5th. Cox hit a 3 run homer and Wilkins hit a 2 run homer in the 5th. It is now 6-5 in the bottom of the 6th.

DevilDog4

DevilDog4

Hogs take it from tide 9-8 woo pig sooie.

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: DevilDog4 on March 26, 2010, 09:29:58 pm
put on the rally cap
Down 8-5 in the bottom of the 8th, Cox gets a bases clearing double to tie it. The next batter hits to the SS and it goes between his legs to score the go ahead run. Hogs end the game on a double play. Baxendale has been a stud so far. Hogs take game 1 after being down 5-0. Great win to start the series.

AB™

Whoever the freshman playing SS tonight made two errors, on what sounded like routine plays from the way the radio guys described them, and that lead to the Bama 3 run first.  Cut those out and Arkansas probably never trails or really has much trouble in this one.

RGP

What a great night for baseball. The outfield fans were having a lot of fun with the center and left fielder and it was quite the game. Reynolds screwed us early with his two errors but he also had some nice plays. Heluva night by Cox. Also, DJ has really developed into a player within the past year. After the game, he talked to some of his ole buddies while signing autographs for little kids. Still the same guy as last year, just now he's an excellent closer for the Hogs....

Let's see if we can ride this momentum for these next two days.

B&GT

Being down 5-0 and winning in the SEC is a pretty big deal.  Often the only difference between the top and bottom of the SEC is teams that manage to come back from big deficits 2 or 3 times and the teams that let 2 or 3 W's slip through their fingers.  Everybody in the SEC wins games.  As of tonight, every team in the West has a conference win.  LSU did it to the hogs last week, so now we're even.  I think we just need to be plus 4 or 5 in games decided by one run to finish in the top three of the SEC.  Tennessee and Georgia are both 0-4 so far.  Georgia will wake up I suspect and Tennessee last year was the worst SEC team of the last decade probably.

bulldogs1159

Those guys in LF that were having fun were my and my buddies. Glad you noticed Lol.

DevilDog4

Yes coming back from being down 5-0 is impressive in the sec..Who the hogs got starting out on the mound 2day?

RGP

Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on March 27, 2010, 02:49:39 am
Those guys in LF that were having fun were my and my buddies. Glad you noticed Lol.
Some of your friends may be some of my friends, then. I was out there with about four guys and we were getting after the "two and a half men" with about 10 other guys from the fence. Also, very random, but were you driving a red car? I could be completely wrong but I thought I recognized you from facebook profile picture. I think I had parked close to you and noticed while we were getting back in my car.

theHammer

Last night was freaking intense. Some of the stuff that went on was just ridiculous. bammer's 3rd base coach giving it to Cox, retarded bammer fans, bad umps, the awful attitude of bammer's players (not to mention the incredible amount of batter interference that occured), etc., etc. I don't usually get bothered by opposing teams fans, because its usually in good fun. But, last night was different. I would have been perfectly fine with knocking the crap out of a few folks (one, in particular), had it not been for the kids around.

BTW, did anyone notice the left fielder? I saw at least two middle fingers and a crotch grab from the guy. lol

I hope we beat the living mess out of bammer today.

B&GT

That's Alabama for you.  I prefer Auburn fans by a wide margin, and I don't necessarily like them either.

RHS

I know this much from my few trips to Baum, you don't want to be an opposing left fielder.

bulldogs1159

Quote from: RGP on March 27, 2010, 11:03:14 am
Quote from: bulldogs1159™© on March 27, 2010, 02:49:39 am
Some of your friends may be some of my friends, then. I was out there with about four guys and we were getting after the "two and a half men" with about 10 other guys from the fence. Also, very random, but were you driving a red car? I could be completely wrong but I thought I recognized you from facebook profile picture. I think I had parked close to you and noticed while we were getting back in my car.
Haha yes I do drive a red car. Small world.

theHammer

HUGE comeback victory for the second day in a row for the hogs. Trailed 3-0 going into the 8th, before finishing that inning tied 3-3 heading to the 9th. Then Hauskey, pinch hitting, drives in a run to end the game. It was awesome. If bammer was demoralized after last night, I can't imagine how bad its going to be tonight.

Hopefully the hogs can get the sweep tomorrow.

B&GT

Quote from: RHS on March 27, 2010, 02:36:29 pm
I know this much from my few trips to Baum, you don't want to be an opposing left fielder.

Hehehe.  No sir.  Unless you're a huge crybaby and go running to coach and tell him those mean old Arkansas fans are getting in your head, and if he doesn't make them stop you'll call mommy.

gatecrasher

Isn't Alabama ranked? If so this is a big series win for the Hogs.....

B&GT

Quote from: gatecrasher on March 27, 2010, 11:06:47 pm
Isn't Alabama ranked? If so this is a big series win for the Hogs.....

I know they are #20 this week in Baseball America.

DevilDog4

Yes i believe they are ranked somewhere around there..

DevilDog4

Hogs putting on a hitting clinic today lots of HR..

Ken Griffey Jr.

Got the win today, and the sweep.  Beat Bama today 10-5 after 4-run innings in the 6th and the 7th.

B&GT

gatecrasher

I'm waitin for the return series with LSuckU.

We GOTTA take that series. They are a thorn in the Hogs' side....

rsvl_hogfan4

Quote from: gatecrasher on March 28, 2010, 05:51:09 pm
I'm waitin for the return series with LSuckU.

We GOTTA take that series. They are a thorn in the Hogs' side....
There isn't a return series. You play everyone, but I think one team, in one series. We don't play Tennessee this year, but play everyone else in one series.

I expect us to go 5-1 in our next 6 games, but wouldn't be surprised with 4-2 or 6-0. We should jump up a few spots in the rankings this week, and if we can sweep this next week we may crack the top 10.

gatecrasher

Ah....ok.

For some reason I thought it was a home-and-home thing, like basketball.....

B&GT

Quote from: gatecrasher on March 28, 2010, 11:29:47 pm
Ah....ok.

That would be a 60 game conference schedule.  I'm down.

gatecrasher

Shows how much I pay attention sometimes....;D

AB™

Quote from: B&GT on March 28, 2010, 11:41:45 pm
Quote from: gatecrasher on March 28, 2010, 11:29:47 pm
Ah....ok.

That would be a 60 game conference schedule.  I'm down.

You could do a home and home within your division then an atlernating one game series with the other division, just like in basketball.  That would make it a 48 game conference schedule.  Still brutal and a little too long, though.

jbell96

Zac Cox was named SEC offensive player of the week today. Good week for the baseball Hogs.

AB™

If I was an Arkansas fan, I would just completely boycott basketball season until a change is made, and start doing whatever you can do to support the baseball team a couple of months earlier.  At least the baseball program has proven to be a consistent top 25 program since Van Horn was hired.

bulldogs1159

Hogs are up to #10 in the nation in the Baseball America poll this week. We could climb even higher after this week where we should go 4-1 and possibly 5-0.

gatecrasher

Centenary is the midweek series....

Who do we play during the weekend this week?

bulldogs1159

Kentucky comes to Baum and they are just 1-5 in the SEC. While not SEC series is a given if we play like we should we should def win the series and probably sweep. But its the SEC and you never know.

RHS

The SEC East looks like the weak sister again. Their bottom 3 teams have garbage records in conference already.

msubulldogs21

Quote from: RHS on March 30, 2010, 06:44:20 pm
The SEC East looks like the weak sister again. Their bottom 3 teams have garbage records in conference already.

We might finish 3rd in the East, and we're terrible.

The West is basically like the AL and the East is like the NL.

AB™

Sounds like the two divisions just switched roles from basketball season.

Josh, where was State picked to finish in the West?

msubulldogs21

Quote from: AB™ on March 30, 2010, 08:04:15 pm
Josh, where was State picked to finish in the West?

Last, for a reason.

This is Cohen's 2nd year but his 1st with his own recruiting classes. I think we had like the 7th best class in the nation but it was primarily pitchers. Probably the youngest team in the SEC. All 3 of our SEC weekend starters right now are true freshman if that tells you anything, and our best pitcher (who's currently hurt) is just a sophomore.

hb14lh

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas