• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

West/Central Region at Magazine

Started by BigLion10, February 18, 2018, 09:41:14 am

Previous topic - Next topic

STATGUYQHS

Quote from: FromTheBench on February 24, 2018, 01:55:23 pm
Hated to see #15 for Quitman's boys go down last night. Watched him help carry them to that district title and through this tough Region as well. Pray he is not seriously injured and makes a quick comeback. They will miss him against WCC tonight.
He has been really good this year he will be missed! Next man up!

Rackjack74

Quote from: FromTheBench on February 24, 2018, 01:55:23 pm
Hated to see #15 for Quitman's boys go down last night. Watched him help carry them to that district title and through this tough Region as well. Pray he is not seriously injured and makes a quick comeback. They will miss him against WCC tonight.

He's been instrumental in their run no doubt.  Good kid and man is he quick!  He'll definitely be missed tonight.

BigLion10

What happened sportsman with the girls??

jsky14

STATGUYQHS

Quote from: jsky14 on February 24, 2018, 02:37:01 pm
Any scores?
Bigelow a girls won 55 to Hackett 51.

England 44
Lighthouse 38
End of 3rd.

BigLion10

STATGUYQHS

keohog

I will say it again England Boys have done  WAY more than any of us expected this year. CONGRATS TO THE COACHES AND PLAYERS. Good luck in State!!!

ballislife42

Does anyone know how to watch the game livestream? Or what radio stations are broadcasting? I'd prefer to watch the game in person than listen to it but with this weather...

Ctucker

Quote from: keohog on February 24, 2018, 03:41:36 pm
I will say it again England Boys have done  WAY more than any of us expected this year. CONGRATS TO THE COACHES AND PLAYERS. Good luck in State!!!
congrats to y'all at the first of the year nobody said a word about y'all we thought it would be easy this year with y'all being down and lighthouse losing Doakes but I be dang here comes Quitman, lighthouse and England but that is great we'll help all of our teams in State! I think we have some great coaches in this district and of course players too!

Cheek

The loser between WCC and Quitman has MT first round.  Talking about a tough first round game. 

Ctucker

Quote from: Cheek on February 24, 2018, 05:00:28 pm
The loser between WCC and Quitman has MT first round.  Talking about a tough first round game. 
yes this game has big implications!Good luck to everyone hope WCC pulls it out! But if not no shame! They is a tough draw but you have to win them all to win it! The number 2 in south gets the bye this year!

Rackjack74

Rackjack74

Ctucker

Ctucker

Ctucker

RATTLER43

Ctucker

Quote from: RATTLER43 on February 24, 2018, 09:14:08 pm
Congratulations.
Thanks! And good luck to Quitman, England and Lighthouse in state!

MICHAELSPAPPY

February 25, 2018, 05:35:11 pm #119 Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 05:44:28 pm by MICHAELSPAPPY
Takeaways from the regional.

Quitman girls are for real. Just WAY more physical than anyone else, plus they have skills to go with it.

I was really impressed with White County boys. They have all the tools, but losing the kid who got injured will hurt them in state; he was pretty good.

Lighthouse and England had athleticism through the roof. The rebounding was fierce, and they have been well coached so that they do not try to block every layup like a lot of the other teams do, and get into foul trouble. If their shooting improved some, they could make some noise at state. And cut down on turnovers.

The East is definitely ahead of the West right now. There is a TON of young talent coming along. Watch out for Bigelow and Westside  a couple of years from now.

Ctucker

Who got hurt from white county thought it was quitman

MICHAELSPAPPY

Ah! you are correct. I have slept since then. Not having him hurt against WCC.

After 16 games in four days, my mind is a little blurred.

Ctucker

I hate it for that boy any report on him!

MICHAELSPAPPY

I talked to him the night it happened, and he was afraid it was an ACL, but the next day he said it was not. Hope that is the case. Good player.

Flobbito

Quitman had a starter from the girls and boys teams go down didn't they?

MICHAELSPAPPY

I don't recall the girl, but it could have happened.

FromTheBench

#24 for the girls (torn ACL)
#15 for the boys (MRI this morning)
Both were starters and both were key players. Good news for Quitman is they are both just Juniors I believe.

RATTLER43

I think the girl's injury was during practice instead of a game. 

FromTheBench

I gotta throw this out there.. Was anyone else on here shocked at how bad the officiating was in this regional tournament? I saw some of the worst calls and even officials mocking fans and coaches. Was I the only one noticing this? There were some really good officials but mostly guys that looked like it was their first time.

BW2015

Quote from: FromTheBench on February 26, 2018, 12:54:47 pm
I gotta throw this out there.. Was anyone else on here shocked at how bad the officiating was in this regional tournament? I saw some of the worst calls and even officials mocking fans and coaches. Was I the only one noticing this? There were some really good officials but mostly guys that looked like it was their first time.

Bad doesn't even begin to describe it!  These refs should never call a basketball game again.  What's worse is when they knew they were wrong they refused to fix their error and stormed off from the coach questioning the call!  I paid money to get in the door and it irritates me that they received a penny to do that poor of a job.  I would be fired from my job immediately if I performed that poorly!!

FromTheBench

Quote from: BW2015 on February 26, 2018, 01:12:53 pm
Bad doesn't even begin to describe it!  These refs should never call a basketball game again.  What's worse is when they knew they were wrong they refused to fix their error and stormed off from the coach questioning the call!  I paid money to get in the door and it irritates me that they received a penny to do that poor of a job.  I would be fired from my job immediately if I performed that poorly!!

I am glad it's not just me. I noticed in the girl's championship game that they gave the wrong player a foul in the 2nd qtr making it her 4th personal and when it was brought to their attention they laughed about it as if it's what they meant to do. That's how you screw up someones season right there. All it takes is one or two bad refs to punch a ticket for the wrong team. I was happy to see Quitman girls win after that. I had no dog in the fight and nothing against Westside girls, but that was just wrong. Good luck to all teams advancing.

Flobbito

Quote from: FromTheBench on February 26, 2018, 01:17:53 pm
I am glad it's not just me. I noticed in the girl's championship game that they gave the wrong player a foul in the 2nd qtr making it her 4th personal and when it was brought to their attention they laughed about it as if it's what they meant to do. That's how you screw up someones season right there. All it takes is one or two bad refs to punch a ticket for the wrong team. I was happy to see Quitman girls win after that. I had no dog in the fight and nothing against Westside girls, but that was just wrong. Good luck to all teams advancing.

I'm sure Gene Keady, I mean Hooten, gave 'em an earful for that.

BW2015

Quote from: Flobbito on February 26, 2018, 02:25:55 pm
I'm sure Gene Keady, I mean Hooten, gave 'em an earful for that.

He tried until thhe coward walked away laughing!

JCWLADYREBELDAD

Quote from: FromTheBench on February 26, 2018, 01:17:53 pm
I did have a dog in the fight and I agree the officiating was not the best but I don't think it was lopsided either way, just bad. I do recall the foul being called on the wrong girl from Quitman and it is not right that the officials would not correct it. At the same time I don't understand why Quitman's coach had her on the floor in the 2nd QTR knowing she had 3 fouls already. At least it didn't have an affect on the outcome of the game. As a Westside fan and father of one of the starters I have to give Quitman's lady's the respect they deserve. They just came out and outplayed us.

BW2015

Quote from: JCWLADYREBELDAD on February 26, 2018, 05:52:51 pm
I did have a dog in the fight and I agree the officiating was not the best but I don't think it was lopsided either way, just bad. I do recall the foul being called on the wrong girl from Quitman and it is not right that the officials would not correct it. At the same time I don't understand why Quitman's coach had her on the floor in the 2nd QTR knowing she had 3 fouls already. At least it didn't have an affect on the outcome of the game. As a Westside fan and father of one of the starters I have to give Quitman's lady's the respect they deserve. They just came out and outplayed us.

Yes the calling was bad both ways, definitely not lopsided.  They sucked all the way around.

MomaLion

Don't feel bad, most of the refs in the North regional were awful as well.  Even allowed a coach to jump onto the floor impeding our players who had already inbounded the ball to call a time out.  She was allowed to do that 2 or 3 times.

FromTheBench

I'd say let's hope for the best of the best at State tourney, but it sounds like we don't have a lot of best to choose from if the North was bad too.

Ctucker

We have a couple of good sets of rest in our area wcc but I do not know who is refing but should be good ones! I hope

FromTheBench

I think with the regions being as close as they were this year and literally any team having the opportunity to win it's region, this should be an exciting week in Judsonia!

redrider30

I will have to brag on the officiating at the North Region. Honestly is was the best that I've seen at a tournament in years and Ive seen a lot of tournaments.

MikelB

Quote from: redrider30 on February 27, 2018, 08:13:39 am
I will have to brag on the officiating at the North Region. Honestly is was the best that I've seen at a tournament in years and Ive seen a lot of tournaments.

For the most part it was better than I've seen in a long time, but I think it's because they were not with their regular crews so maybe they tried harder to do their best.  I did see one ref in the EPC/MT game call an over the back call on #55 (his 4th) for being over the back of another EPC player smh! Also the ref that is from Earle being allowed to call the Earle/Salem girls game should have never happened with that many other refs there that could have called the game.

Ctucker

Quote from: FromTheBench on February 27, 2018, 08:09:59 am
I think with the regions being as close as they were this year and literally any team having the opportunity to win it's region, this should be an exciting week in Judsonia!
Judsonia is just a address the name of the community is providence!

MomaLion

Quote from: redrider30 on February 27, 2018, 08:13:39 am
That's because they favored y'all lol. Teams not from NEA got the shaft.

Dogg

Quote from: MikelB on February 27, 2018, 08:57:38 am
For the most part it was better than I've seen in a long time, but I think it's because they were not with their regular crews so maybe they tried harder to do their best.  I did see one ref in the EPC/MT game call an over the back call on #55 (his 4th) for being over the back of another EPC player smh! Also the ref that is from Earle being allowed to call the Earle/Salem girls game should have never happened with that many other refs there that could have called the game.
I never knew it was anyone from Earle that has ever ref basketball

patriot15

I thought it was some of the best officiating that I've seen all year and neither ref that officiated in the tournament was from Earle. I saw one that has officiated some games in Earle but hes not from Earle.

MICHAELSPAPPY

All the refs that I saw are familiar faces from the general western Arkansas area. The AAA assigns them.

BW2015

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on February 28, 2018, 01:26:33 pm
All the refs that I saw are familiar faces from the general western Arkansas area. The AAA assigns them.

I feel sorry for the Western part of the state if this is the type of refs that they deal with all year!

MikelB

Quote from: patriot15 on February 28, 2018, 08:52:22 am
I thought it was some of the best officiating that I've seen all year and neither ref that officiated in the tournament was from Earle. I saw one that has officiated some games in Earle but hes not from Earle.
Are you sure Rashod is not from Earle?

1995fan

Quote from: MikelB on February 28, 2018, 02:20:40 pm
Are you sure Rashod is not from Earle?

The ref in question is from West Memphis.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas