• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Morriliton @ Pottsville tonight

Started by Gray lizard, January 08, 2019, 10:37:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

Anyone have any thoughts on this game? Looks like two pretty even teams on the boys side. Hope Pottsville's shooting is better than it was in Harrison.

athletic supporter

I will be in attendance for this matchup

Gray lizard

Two very good games.
Boys
Pottsville 52
Morriliton 47

Girls
Pottsville 55
Morriliton 43

Nothing against the players or the town but I just love to see the girls coach get beat.  This game was won by Pottsville because of lack of coaching. There are only a couple of people in this world I just can not stand and this lady is one of them. I wish Pottsville would have beat them by 50.

athletic supporter

Quote from: Gray lizard on January 09, 2019, 07:52:55 am
Two very good games.
Boys
Pottsville 52
Morriliton 47

Girls
Pottsville 55
Morriliton 43

Nothing against the players or the town but I just love to see the girls coach get beat.  This game was won by Pottsville because of lack of coaching. There are only a couple of people in this world I just can not stand and this lady is one of them. I wish Pottsville would have beat them by 50.

Wow! Why the beef? She's a former coach of the Lady Apaches. Does that have anything to do with it?

Gray lizard

No She also coached at Dardanelle.  That is where the beef came from.

athletic supporter

Quote from: Gray lizard on January 09, 2019, 12:14:23 pm
No She also coached at Dardanelle.  That is where the beef came from.

Gotcha. She's coached at Hector, Pottsville, Dardanelle, ATU, and Morrilton

3 Dollar

Quote from: athletic supporter on January 09, 2019, 04:49:45 pm
Gotcha. She's coached had a job at Hector, Pottsville, Dardanelle, ATU, and Morrilton

Fixed it

Andersdog

Wow someone's got an agenda.  I have a daughter in the Morrilton Girls program and haven't seen anything out of our coach that deserves such comments.  But I also know coaches can't please every parent.  My parents didn't like my coach either lol!

Gray lizard

Quote from: Andersdog on January 10, 2019, 06:30:10 pm
Wow someone's got an agenda.  I have a daughter in the Morrilton Girls program and haven't seen anything out of our coach that deserves such comments.  But I also know coaches can't please every parent.  My parents didn't like my coach either lol!
Maybe she has changed. I hope so, but she has left every program in a lot worse shape than when she arrived.

Andersdog

I think it's safe to say that you have personal issues with our coach, and I can only a speak on our program with regards to her professional abilities and my daughter experience.  Before she took our head job our girls team only won 5 or 6 games a year.  After our best player ever to play at Morrilton graduated we were down.  The wins have steadily gone up since Coach McNabb took over.  My daughter loves her so again that's all I can speak of.  But I'll do a little research and see if the numbers back up you claim at the previous places she was coaching.  I'll get back to you on that

slemmer1987

I am a Homer for the Devil Dogs and i freely admit it. With that said those were the worst excuses for officials i have seen in a long time in high school sports!  When we meet again in Morrilton it will be a different story! our Lady Devil Dogs will roll. I have nothing against Pottsville girls nothing at all. Our girls are a much better team!
As far as the boys go the Pottsville team is pretty good. I don't think they are any better than us with out the three clowns in pinstripe running the floor with them.  Again i think it will be a different outcome @ Morrilton.  last the Tech that was called on our Boys coach was absolutely horrific and that official should be suspended if not fired!
Good Luck Devil Dogs and Good luck to Pottsville until me meet again!

GO Devil Dogs GO[/size][/color]

NO ONE LIKES GREEN/BLUEBRIER[/size]

Gray lizard

January 11, 2019, 02:00:41 pm #11 Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 03:59:52 pm by Gray lizard
On the last T I don't agree.  I feel if you do a chin up after the dunk any where you will get "T"ed up.

I do agree there were some bad calls, but that is the same every where.

I will explain to you the same as I did to my wife when she complained when my boy was starting football. 
The refs do not care who wins the ball game.  Sometimes they are just bad refs.  They just want their check.
In basketball Refs are much closer to the crowd and home teams tend to have a larger and louder crowd.  Some hesitate to blow the twitter on the home team.

I am also surprised the boys coach did not get a second T when he walked out to the ref that T ed him up after chewing on the other ref up and down the side line.

As for the girls game.  If they would forced the ball to the big girl inside it would have been a different out come.

Sigmund Sauer

January 11, 2019, 05:10:46 pm #12 Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 09:25:15 pm by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: slemmer1987 on January 11, 2019, 01:35:02 pm
I am a Homer for the Devil Dogs and i freely admit it. With that said those were the worst excuses for officials i have seen in a long time in high school sports!  When we meet again in Morrilton it will be a different story! our Lady Devil Dogs will roll. I have nothing against Pottsville girls nothing at all. Our girls are a much better team!
As far as the boys go the Pottsville team is pretty good. I don't think they are any better than us with out the three clowns in pinstripe running the floor with them.  Again i think it will be a different outcome @ Morrilton.  last the Tech that was called on our Boys coach was absolutely horrific and that official should be suspended if not fired!
Good Luck Devil Dogs and Good luck to Pottsville until me meet again!

GO Devil Dogs GO[/size][/color]

NO ONE LIKES GREEN/BLUEBRIER[/size]
Looks like they've both dropped one to Dover now......unbelievable....

Motownsportsfan

January 12, 2019, 05:25:34 pm #13 Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 06:42:50 pm by Motownsportsfan
Quote from: Gray lizard on January 11, 2019, 07:50:51 am
Maybe she has changed. I hope so, but she has left every program in a lot worse shape than when she arrived.
someone told me 3 winning records in career. I heard another coach use the term program killer. Her husband is a good football coach. Maybe the program gets turned around. It's been down for years

Andersdog

Well again the research that I said I would do is only partially completed.  Maxpreps only goes back so far and then most of those are only partially completed.  But what I could complete was from Morrilton.  The three years prior to Coach McNabb coming our records were as follow, 6-15, 1-17, and 3-15.  Total of 10 wins in 3 years under a coach tha had been in the state finals multiple times.  These are what I could find for Coach McNabb here at Morrilton 10-18, 17-10, 13-8, 15-15,5-16, 8-20, 18-10, currently 12-5.  So I would not say program killer here at Morrilton.  In fact looks like her first year she won the exact same amount as the three previous years combined.  Again this is obviously personal with Gray Lizard. Same with you Motownsportsfan I guess.  Agree husband is great coach. 

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: Andersdog on January 12, 2019, 06:50:26 pm
Well again the research that I said I would do is only partially completed.  Maxpreps only goes back so far and then most of those are only partially completed.  But what I could complete was from Morrilton.  The three years prior to Coach McNabb coming our records were as follow, 6-15, 1-17, and 3-15.  Total of 10 wins in 3 years under a coach tha had been in the state finals multiple times.  These are what I could find for Coach McNabb here at Morrilton 10-18, 17-10, 13-8, 15-15,5-16, 8-20, 18-10, currently 12-5.  So I would not say program killer here at Morrilton.  In fact looks like her first year she won the exact same amount as the three previous years combined.  Again this is obviously personal with Gray Lizard. Same with you Motownsportsfan I guess.  Agree husband is great coach.
so it's personal if people think a losing record overall is not good. That doesn't make the coach a bad person. Some coaches are better at their profession. I didn't make the statement. It's what was said to me. I think the boys coach does a great job. They are just having a down year. I get that  It's when it becomes a trend that is unsettling. Good luck in State

3 Dollar

She is a good person!  And she was probably one of the best players of all time from here in the River Valley!  There's a difference in being a great player and being able to teach and convey what you know and are thinking to students!

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: 3 Dollar on January 13, 2019, 08:18:18 am
She is a good person!  And she was probably one of the best players of all time from here in the River Valley!  There's a difference in being a great player and being able to teach and convey what you know and are thinking to students!
agreed. I watched play. A great player no doubt. Sometimes the best players don't always make great coaches . Great point 3 dollar

slemmer1987

Well here goes another Homer comment. Coach McNabb record withstanding i have not gone back and looked at her career as a coach, frankly i have a few things better to do. Like root for our girls this year!  Let me say this for her . she volunteers in the community coaching softball  as well as volunteering  at many events and activities around Morrilton through  Parks and Rex's , & etc.  I wonder how many of you arm chair critics do the same?  Is she the greatest coach in girls basketball probably not but chances are she better than any of you posting on this thread.  So after you finish your long day at work weed eating or whatever you do. Go volunteer in your community and make a positive difference in someone else's life other than you own.

no one likes Green/Bluebrier

Sigmund Sauer

January 19, 2019, 12:27:32 am #19 Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 07:23:29 am by Sigmund Sauer
Quote from: slemmer1987 on January 19, 2019, 12:15:37 am
Well here goes another Homer comment. Coach McNabb record withstanding i have not gone back and looked at her career as a coach, frankly i have a few things better to do. Like root for our girls this year!  Let me say this for her . she volunteers in the community coaching softball  as well as volunteering  at many events and activities around Morrilton through  Parks and Rex's , & etc.  I wonder how many of you arm chair critics do the same?  Is she the greatest coach in girls basketball probably not but chances are she better than any of you posting on this thread.  So after you finish your long day at work weed eating or whatever you do. Go volunteer in your community and make a positive difference in someone else's life other than you own.

no one likes Green/Bluebrier
Since you chose to reignite this discussion. That mess is a tough read, even a bit arrogant against (blue collar workers) people in lawn care it seems considering you have a less than impressive set of writing skills yourself. Either way, is she the one that went from a college coaching career to high school or am I thinking of someone else? Also, this isn't a "community service" thread, it's a basketball forum. Many local admins, coaches, staff and players give back to the community in many ways. Doesn't make any of them a great "coach."  ;D

slemmer1987

My last post on the subject. make fun of my writing skills and make fun of everyone you can all it shows is your short comings as a man, women, father,mother,husband, wife , neighbor or whatever God allows you to be. Also yes  making a difference and leading by example, through acts of  being the best person you can be. By serving in areas you get no reward from other that the joy it brings to others. Well ,that is the makings of a great coach and great person its not all about winning. It about raising young people up to be responsible adults.  Yes winning is great but its not everything in life not all the girls in fact very few will go on to play professional sports and get paid for it. However what they will do is become parents, tax payers and hopefully good Christians.      Have a nice day lawnmower man!

sevenof400

Quote from: Andersdog on January 12, 2019, 06:50:26 pm

Just wanted to chime in here with a reminder on the accuracy of MaxPreps.  It is not a reliable website - especially the further back in time you go.  It has improved in the last 2-3 years with better reporting of game scores BUT even now it is easy for the wrong results to be reported. 

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: slemmer1987 on January 19, 2019, 11:56:58 am
My last post on the subject. make fun of my writing skills and make fun of everyone you can all it shows is your short comings as a man, women, father,mother,husband, wife , neighbor or whatever God allows you to be. Also yes  making a difference and leading by example, through acts of  being the best person you can be. By serving in areas you get no reward from other that the joy it brings to others. Well ,that is the makings of a great coach and great person its not all about winning. It about raising young people up to be responsible adults.  Yes winning is great but its not everything in life not all the girls in fact very few will go on to play professional sports and get paid for it. However what they will do is become parents, tax payers and hopefully good Christians.      Have a nice day lawnmower man!
Haha I'm just keeping the line tight! ;D ;D ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas