• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Postseason bids....

Started by Bluekatz12, January 04, 2019, 03:58:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluekatz12

Who's bid on what so far? And when does AAA announce it?

CTEPirateFan

The meeting takes place Thursday (1/10) at 2 p.m. and if it's like last year, they will announce each location through the AAA Twitter account as decisions are made.

Mr. Basketball

Oxford Cat

Sir Sack, looks like you will be heading north to the Cougar Den.

Moonshiner

deep purple

Gonna feel like peanut butter and jelly in a "sack" lunch in that gym.

SportsFan5

Does anyone know which schools have even placed bids to host?

SackAttack

Quote from: deep purple on January 05, 2019, 08:48:06 am
Gonna feel like peanut butter and jelly in a "sack" lunch in that gym.
Sack most assuredly will not grace the doors!! I called this last summer cause Sack just knows more than others!! What a letdown after the great venue at Morrilton last year. The phrase "penthouse to outhouse was coined for situations such as these! Best of the good ol boy system at work! Sack knows what he knows if you know what I mean but you probably don't! Not you Purple just people in general

NewToTheLake

Is there a  list of who all submitted bids. Was ICC the only one to put in for state? Awful news if that's the case.

Mr. Basketball

AAA Bids

1A State - Izard County

Region 1 - Alpena, County Line

Region 2 - Calico Rock, Izard County

Region 3 - Mt. Vernon Enola

Region 4 - Bradley, Caddo Hills, Emerson

3 Dollar

Quote from: Mr. Basketball on January 05, 2019, 12:10:30 pm
AAA Bids

1A State - Izard County

What's your source, Mr. Basketball?

Mr. Basketball

An accurate one who has seen the list.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Mr. Basketball on January 05, 2019, 01:29:35 pm

Well what about the other classes lol

Oxford Cat

Quote from: SackAttack on January 05, 2019, 09:03:27 am
Sack most assuredly will not grace the doors!! I called this last summer cause Sack just knows more than others!! What a letdown after the great venue at Morrilton last year. The phrase "penthouse to outhouse was coined for situations such as these! Best of the good ol boy system at work! Sack knows what he knows if you know what I mean but you probably don't! Not you Purple just people in general
It is hard to make the "Good Ol' Boy" argument when apparently no one else wants it. But Sack knows what he knows.  ::)

ballmember

Glad to see it stay in north Arkansas. Gym with an atmosphere. I know u can't take ur recliner in but it feels like a ball game goin on.   Morrilton has a beautiful facility where u can set in peace and quiet and discuss the stock market.  Reason class a most popular is because u have to watch a real game going on.  Class a state tournament should be in a class a gym.

Oxford Cat

Quote from: ballmember on January 05, 2019, 02:27:01 pm
Glad to see it stay in north Arkansas. Gym with an atmosphere. I know u can't take ur recliner in but it feels like a ball game goin on.   Morrilton has a beautiful facility where u can set in peace and quiet and discuss the stock market.  Reason class a most popular is because u have to watch a real game going on.  Class a state tournament should be in a class a gym.
+1

Flobbito

AAA Bids

1A State - Izard County

I can confirm region 3

SackAttack

Quote from: Oxford Cat on January 05, 2019, 02:06:12 pm
It is hard to make the "Good Ol' Boy" argument when apparently no one else wants it. But Sack knows what he knows.  ::)
Yes yes Sack knows what he knows which is primo High Seedo Uber way more than the masses! Do you know the ICC brass cause Sack does and it wouldn't be a favorable scouting report when talking about rights and wrongs cause Sack knows what he knows!

3 Dollar

Quote from: Mr. Basketball on January 05, 2019, 01:29:35 pm

Check your personal messages.

ballmember

Class A gyms that meet aaa requirements:  ICC-Hillcrest-Calico Rock-Greers Ferry Westside_Others??  these should be the only gyms to holds class a state------Class a gym !!!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ballmember on January 05, 2019, 08:09:16 pm
Class A gyms that meet aaa requirements:  ICC-Hillcrest-Calico Rock-Greers Ferry Westside_Others??  these should be the only gyms to holds class a state------Class a gym !!!

I'll admit that Hillcrest is the best atmosphere I've watched games in.... But to call a gym quiet because of it's size is odd....seems to me that would still be on the fans 🤷

Fwiw I thought Mt Ida atmosphere was the worst I've been to (not at any fault of what they did or the gym)

Oldref

Congratulations to the locations that actually wanted to host it. AAA gets all the money and the local schools do all the work. I can understand the sentiment of some wanting it to be in a class A gym but the finals are in a bigger venue so no state champions will be crowned any place else but HS. AAA loses money when it is in a smaller location because of smaller gates. Fans that just like to watch basketball with no team in the tournament likely will be worried about getting in and may be reluctant to make the drive. Morrilton was nice and large and pretty central for everyone. Just seems to me there are plenty of places like that around that could host. ICC was only one that was willing to take it on and I know they will do their best to make it a good tournament. Good luck to those that make it.

riccoar

How many does ICC seat?  1200 or more?

Bears_94

Quote from: riccoar on January 06, 2019, 02:24:51 pm
It doesn't matter the school makes hardly any money on it.ICC was smart and went ahead and got it. You can't blame them they are winning the whole thing anyway.

SackAttack

Quote from: Oldref on January 06, 2019, 12:20:34 pm
Congratulations to the locations that actually wanted to host it. AAA gets all the money and the local schools do all the work. I can understand the sentiment of some wanting it to be in a class A gym but the finals are in a bigger venue so no state champions will be crowned any place else but HS. AAA loses money when it is in a smaller location because of smaller gates. Fans that just like to watch basketball with no team in the tournament likely will be worried about getting in and may be reluctant to make the drive. Morrilton was nice and large and pretty central for everyone. Just seems to me there are plenty of places like that around that could host. ICC was only one that was willing to take it on and I know they will do their best to make it a good tournament. Good luck to those that make it.
Oh crap heaven forbid the Tripalay would have to lose a few dollars! Cancell the season I say! Can't make any money then why play Sack says

ballmember

Sack----with all ur influence why didn't u get Greers Ferry Westside to put in a bid??? 

Bigleague

sack is upset. Business is still down at the local sonic

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on January 06, 2019, 07:27:00 pm
sack is upset. Business is still down at the local sonic
Yep and we all know why

Woodrow1

Quote from: Bears_94 on January 06, 2019, 06:21:54 pm
It doesn't matter the school makes hardly any money on it.ICC was smart and went ahead and got it. You can't blame them they are winning the whole thing anyway.

You can make a pretty good amount on sponsorships for the program and hospitality room, shirt sales, and a load in your concession stand. But it is a lot of work. Takes a community to chip in, not just the school.

MomaLion

Quote from: HorseFeathers on January 06, 2019, 11:54:18 am
I'll admit that Hillcrest is the best atmosphere I've watched games in.... But to call a gym quiet because of it's size is odd....seems to me that would still be on the fans 🤷

Fwiw I thought Mt Ida atmosphere was the worst I've been to (not at any fault of what they did or the gym)

HF, we did the Mountain Home tournament over Christmas break and our game with Paragould was just plain weird...at times the only sound to be heard was the basketball hitting the floor. It wasn't an extremely large gym either, smaller than Carlisle.  I was afraid our guys would be thrown off by that lol.

RedWolf275

Quote from: riccoar on January 06, 2019, 02:24:51 pm

Does ICC still have the same gym as 8-10 years ago with the very steep bleachers?

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: RedWolf275 on January 07, 2019, 09:07:12 am
Does ICC still have the same gym as 8-10 years ago with the very steep bleachers?

Yes

RedWolf275

riccoar

Quote from: Bears_94 on January 06, 2019, 06:21:54 pm
Well, if they can't seat 1,200 or more than the AAA's mandate is a joke.  That's what the official bid document said for 1A.  You can still award the tourney and then mandate to have the tourney they move to a closer, and bigger venue to host.

Mr. Basketball

SackAttack

Flobbito

Quote from: SackAttack on January 07, 2019, 05:52:34 pm
What?? 1600 what??

Capacity and seating are two different things. I have never been there, but my guess is that the seating is far fewer than 1,600, but because of the number of exits the capacity of the gym is 1,600, even if the gym couldn't hold that amount. Per the state fire code capacity of a space is determined by the number of exits.

Ctucker

Is ICC gym same as it was in 1988?

Mr. Basketball

Gym was remodeled in 2012 and an end zone was added that seats over 550 that adds to original seating. In the 2012 remodel, 2 additional dressing rooms and 2 additional restrooms were also added in the new end zone area so there are now 6 dressing rooms and a set of restrooms on both ends of the gym.

riccoar

Quote from: SackAttack on January 07, 2019, 05:52:34 pm
What?? 1600 what??
It don't and won't hold 1,600.  Quitman's capacity is a tick over 1,500.  Gonna be one helluva tight fit come State.

baller334

Quote from: riccoar on January 08, 2019, 01:19:23 pm
It don't and won't hold 1,600.  Quitman's capacity is a tick over 1,500.  Gonna be one helluva tight fit come State.

😂😂

HorseFeathers

AAA Bids

1A State - Izard County

In case anyone doubted this....it's confirmed

ballmember

Instead of being worried about size of gym enjoy watching class a basketball !!!   Everyone got in last time they had it there.  Plan on enjoying the games. 

1a basketball fan

AAA Bids

1A State - Izard County

region 4 I believe is in bradley

Sports Loser

Where are all of the district tournaments?

Flobbito

Quote from: Sports Loser on January 12, 2019, 03:13:09 pm
Where are all of the district tournaments?

1a 5 is at Timbo, I think Izard is hosting too. Don't know about the rest.

HorseFeathers

Some are posted in the stickied thread....I'm adding to it as I find out more

3 Dollar

Quote from: Emanburns20 on January 12, 2019, 12:04:43 pm
region 4 I believe is in bradley

These are also posted in the stickied thread

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas