• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hoops for Hunger Russellville

Started by Gray lizard, December 26, 2018, 02:08:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gray lizard

Anyone see the Boys side bracket?
I noticed the side Russellville is on the three other teams have a total of 5 wins combined include Russellville and you have 10 total.
The other side has 35 wins combined.

FoxandHound34

Sounds like Lonoke's tournament they host every year 😂😂😂. They load one side of the bracket and Lonoke plays Bradford, Carlisle, or Hazen boys to make sure they are in the finals. Same thing again this year from the brackets I saw

athletic supporter

Host your own tournament and make the draw where the host team might not win a game. Watch the attendance dwindle to nothing if they lose early. Smart scheduling if you ask me

FoxandHound34

People would rather see competitive games in the tournament not blowouts by the host school against much weaker competition

athletic supporter

Then get your school to host one and see how many volunteers you get to work when their team isn't in it anymore

wait4it

Do you have accessories to a bracket? If so please post.

Gray lizard

I do but can not get them to post.
Boys
11/27 bottom
LR Catholic VS Pottsville  11:30 am
Baptist Prep VS JC Westside  2:30 pm
11/27 top
Episcopal VS Two Rivers 5:30 pm
Russellville vs De Queen  8:30 pm

Girls
11/27 bottom
Two Rivers VS JC Westside 10:00 am
Charleston VS LR Central 1:00 am
11/27 top
Pottsvile vs De Queen 4:00 pm
Russellville vs Southside 7:00 pm

Gray lizard

Girls
Two Rivers over JC Westside by 30+

Boys
Pottsville over LR Catholic  by 21 or 22

HorseFeathers

Charleston girls beat LR CENTRAL by 2

Gray lizard

Boys
Baptist Prep over JC Westside by over 40.
Girls
Pottsville over DE Queen by about 12 or 14.

HorseFeathers

Gray lizard

December 28, 2018, 08:18:30 am #11 Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 08:55:19 am by Gray lizard
Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 27, 2018, 05:42:23 pm
So Baptist vs Pottsville?
Yes should be a great game today at 5:30.
Two teams loaded with shooters.  Hope Pottsville's team length can affect Baptist shooting.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: Gray lizard on December 28, 2018, 08:18:30 am
Yes should be a great game today at 5:30.
Two teams loaded with shooters.  Hope Pottsville's team length can affect Baptist shooting.

Should be a good one.  Looking forward to it!

Yesterday Baptist did not miss a shot in the 1st Quarter and lead 34-7.  Felt bad for the JC Westside guys running into that kind of hot shooting in what was going to be a mismatch anyway.

Gray lizard

Yes but that big boy from JC WS was on cloud 9 when he hit the 3 at the end of the game.

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: Gray lizard on December 28, 2018, 02:09:51 pm
Yes but that big boy from JC WS was on cloud 9 when he hit the 3 at the end of the game.

Play of The Game!  Loved it!

Gray lizard

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on December 28, 2018, 02:24:50 pm
Play of The Game!  Loved it!

Not picking on the young man, but I watched him warm up.  That was a true miracle.

HorseFeathers

Charleston putting on TR right now...38-21 at half

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

Baptist 64-62

McBride with 36....

Pottsville shot at the buzzer looked good, but didn't go....

Heckuva game

RamblinRazorWreck

December 28, 2018, 08:25:06 pm #19 Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 10:30:37 am by RamblinRazorWreck
Fantastic game! Apaches are an excellent team.  Their size & shooting should get them deep into the State with a good chance to make it to Hot Springs.

That game could have gone either way!

Bbal789

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on December 28, 2018, 08:25:06 pm
Fantastic game! Apaches are an excellent team.  Their size & shooting should get them deep into the State with a good chance to make to Hot Springs.

That game could have gone either way!

Pottsville can really shoot it and their coach is one smart coach.

Gray lizard

Great game. Two teams that could win State. McBride can create his shot. I think he is a game changer and you better put the game away in the last few minutes or he will get the win.

RamblinRazorWreck

HorseFeathers

McBride scores 58...and Baptist loses....that's insane

RamblinRazorWreck

Congrats to Russellville boys.  McBride stung his ankle & came back to almost steal the game back.

Mackey not getting MVP was tragic, no offense to Russellville player that got it.

Blonde jokes withheld in the Spirit of Sportsmanship.  :)  If you were there you would understand.  Last two foul calls on Spoon were totally bizarre, to say the least.  McBride not getting 2 additional triple FT attempts was weird too... but that is frequent for him.

scrapdig

Note to Pottsville fans.  McBride is really good.  There is a reason he's going to Kansas.  He doesn't foul or walk every time he has the ball.  Some of the dumbest fans I've ever heard.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: scrapdig on December 30, 2018, 01:08:14 pm
Note to Pottsville fans.  McBride is really good.  There is a reason he's going to Kansas.  He doesn't foul or walk every time he has the ball.  Some of the dumbest fans I've ever heard.

Should get out more 🤷

RamblinRazorWreck

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 30, 2018, 01:11:57 pm
Should get out more 🤷

I'm confused by that one too.  Scrap is definitely not a Baptist fan.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RamblinRazorWreck on December 30, 2018, 02:30:55 pm
I'm confused by that one too.  Scrap is definitely not a Baptist fan.

I heard more yelling from the Baptist side to be honest....But I was sitting on that side

RamblinRazorWreck

December 30, 2018, 08:33:38 pm #29 Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 07:43:34 pm by RamblinRazorWreck
Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 30, 2018, 05:25:26 pm
I heard more yelling from the Baptist side to be honest....But I was sitting on that side

Pottsville game?  I was really surprised at the low turnout for them, being such a short drive.

Gray lizard

As for loud fans. Most every school has one. Sometimes the louder they are the less they know about the rules. Then if you go to many games you will see the officials calls  very greatly from one crew to another. As for Pottsville the fans understand basketball much better than football.

RabAlumni

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on December 26, 2018, 03:07:14 pm
Sounds like Lonoke's tournament they host every year 😂😂😂. They load one side of the bracket and Lonoke plays Bradford, Carlisle, or Hazen boys to make sure they are in the finals. Same thing again this year from the brackets I saw

You mean the same tournament that they thrashed Stuttgart in the championship game of?  Who from the other side of the bracket would you have preferred they met up with in the first round?

scrapdig

Quote from: Gray lizard on December 31, 2018, 06:01:48 pm
As for loud fans. Most every school has one. Sometimes the louder they are the less they know about the rules. Then if you go to many games you will see the officials calls  very greatly from one crew to another. As for Pottsville the fans understand basketball much better than football.
There is a big difference in being loud and ignorant....   They thought McBride fouled or walked every possession.  Totally clueless. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas