• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-1 Scores 12/21

Started by Hawk4L, December 21, 2018, 07:30:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawk4L

Girls
Pea Ridge 59
Prairie Grove 27 final

beach bum

Sheesh, I remember when the PG girls were a consistent top team for nearly the last 2 decades.... They have fallen way off in the last few years.

oldtimeeagle

Final senior girls score
Huntsville 33
Shiloh 30

Halftime score senior boys
Huntsville 37
Shiloh 18

Hawk4L

Boys
Pea Ridge 48
Prairie Grove 25 final

Hawk4L

Quote from: beach bum on December 21, 2018, 07:35:24 pm
Sheesh, I remember when the PG girls were a consistent top team for nearly the last 2 decades.... They have fallen way off in the last few years.
Yeah. Pea Ridge girls are really good this year though

beach bum

Quote from: Hawk4L on December 21, 2018, 08:20:01 pm
Boys
Pea Ridge 48
Prairie Grove 25 final

Thanks for the updates as always.... That's like 3 games in a row where PG boys  can't even get to 30. They obviously must be offensively challenged this year. Not going to win a lot of games without playmakers to get the ball in the bucket.

oldtimeeagle

Final senior boys score
Huntsville 62
Shiloh 55

beach bum

Quote from: oldtimeeagle on December 21, 2018, 09:03:05 pm
Final senior boys score
Huntsville 62
Shiloh 55

Thank you for the score updates as well.... And to any 1-4A posters who have all season so far.

prHOG13

Quote from: beach bum on December 21, 2018, 08:37:23 pm

Thanks for the updates as always.... That's like 3 games in a row where PG boys  can't even get to 30. They obviously must be offensively challenged this year. Not going to win a lot of games without playmakers to get the ball in the bucket.
They really try to slow the pace down. They had a couple possessions that would last 1-2 minutes just passing around the perimeter.

Game started off slow and PR really turned it on in the 2nd half.

Girls game got out of hand in a hurry. PR has a really good group of guards that are very good in transition and hitting some spot up 3's on the break. It was 42-10 at half.

Just one of those down cycles for PG right now. Looks like they've got some young guys that have a lot of size, just a little raw right now.

beach bum

December 22, 2018, 09:25:59 am #9 Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 09:44:09 am by beach bum
Quote from: prHOG13 on December 21, 2018, 10:05:37 pm
They really try to slow the pace down. They had a couple possessions that would last 1-2 minutes just passing around the perimeter.

Game started off slow and PR really turned it on in the 2nd half.

Girls game got out of hand in a hurry. PR has a really good group of guards that are very good in transition and hitting some spot up 3's on the break. It was 42-10 at half.

Just one of those down cycles for PG right now. Looks like they've got some young guys that have a lot of size, just a little raw right now.

Honestly, I am not the biggest fan of that. It does not allow you to get in any flow whatsoever, and makes kids always question in the back of their head if they should be the one take the shot or not. If you're open, let the ball fly and don't question it. If you can't trust a kid to shoot an open shot why is he out there in the first place? The HC has never been a run and gun offensive guy, but I have never seen him do that either. I think the assistant has been there for about a decade now, and he has influenced the system more and more over the years. PG also used to be exclusively zone and now plays mostly man in the recent years (not sure if they're doing man this year?).... I am a big fan of teaching kids at the small town high school level how to play zone actively. 4A and down usually is only truly 8 deep at most. In reality, they usually only have about 6 guys who can really play if we're being honest. Zone allows your guys to stay fresh throughout the game and if right causes fits to teams who have little outside shooting. I am not sure when the offensive and defensive changes exactly happened at PG though.

Good luck to your Pea Ridge teams. The boys will need to click at just the right time to reach their potential. They're solid, but will need the right bounces in postseason to go really far.

The girls team is flat out rolling for you all and with Farmington & other good ones in the league too those the 1-4A should be strong state wide. The 1-4A girls conference usually has depth compared to the other conferences in girls 4A. Not saying its always the best league, just quality down to the 5 seed sometimes which you do not see all around the state.

RZback

I'm not sure I quite agree with the philosophy that if they are on the floor they ought to be trusted to let if fly.  Basketball offense needs shooters to be really good with that mentality and all ball teams don't have lots of good shooters.  In which case they run offenses designed to get the best percentage shot opportunities, thus the timely use of clock working for the best chance to score, a baseline shuffle, passing game, weave, something like that would create close shots or layups while using movement and makes the game look more interesting but against the zone defense so many like to play passing the ball around the perimeter and trying to collapse the zone by swinging the ball backside takes a little time.  As I said sometimes your best players are not great shooters.  Every open shot is not a good shot for every player. That's where coaching comes in to teach each player what their role is and what shots are within their game ability.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas