• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

clint conque to bauxite

Started by Pick_DA_EAGLES, December 13, 2018, 04:17:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: justafan33 on December 14, 2018, 11:27:12 am
Bash Bauxite, like you did all season. There isn't a school that wouldn't want their children to play for Patton, Calley, and staff anywhere. Never met Conque, but I have always followed the UCA Bears. His former players enjoyed playing for him.

No one is saying they're bad coaches. That's not the issue. Bauxite can certainly hire who they want, but they will certainly face criticism for some of their hires as well.

bigchief72455

Quote from: youhavenoidea on December 14, 2018, 11:57:08 am
Staff parties and get togethers will be legendary...you mean!!
LOL. I see where you are heading.

Oldbadger

If school districts hired solely in relation to purity and sanctimony in their coaches there would be a tremendous lack of applicants to choose from! lol  Somewhere I read this quote, "Let those of you without sin, cast the first stone" or, maybe a football. Alas, there would be no need for wide receivers! lol

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Oldbadger on December 14, 2018, 01:17:10 pm
If school districts hired solely in relation to purity and sanctimony in their coaches there would be a tremendous lack of applicants to choose from! lol  Somewhere I read this quote, "Let those of you without sin, cast the first stone" or, maybe a football. Alas, there would be no need for wide receivers! lol

Sure, we all have sinned, but I can safely say I have never been fired or resigned from a job for the reasons these guys have been. But that's just me.

Should they never work again? I'm not saying that, anyone is free to hire them as I've said. But with those hires comes criticism. There are definitely some folks who value winning above all else, that's always been true. We'll just have to wait and see how it works out.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on December 14, 2018, 01:31:12 pm
Sure, we all have sinned, but I can safely say I have never been fired or resigned from a job for the reasons these guys have been. But that's just me.

Should they never work again? I'm not saying that, anyone is free to hire them as I've said. But with those hires comes criticism. There are definitely some folks who value winning above all else, that's always been true. We'll just have to wait and see how it works out.

Roll Tide

STUNNA

Hide your daughters... hide your wifes...

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: STUNNA on December 14, 2018, 02:10:02 pm
Yep everyone can't have a moral upstanding program like Warren.

STUNNA

Quote from: Oldman on December 14, 2018, 02:30:56 pm
possibly true.... or we just don't get caught;)

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: STUNNA on December 14, 2018, 02:51:42 pm
possibly true.... or we just don’t get caught;)
That made me laugh

Big Fan

....so what reasons have you been fired or resigned from a job?  Just asking....

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on December 14, 2018, 02:30:56 pm

True.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Big Fan on December 14, 2018, 03:06:55 pm
....so what reasons have you been fired or resigned from a job?  Just asking....

Never been fired from a job in my life. I've only moved on to better jobs.  :)

Beaver Fever

Bauxite is like the Last chance U for coaches.

justafan33

Beaver Fever:
Bauxite is like the Last chance U for coaches.

---End Quote---

So are you saying DP and Calley couldn't coach anywhere else? Every major school would take Patton in a heartbeat.  He wasn't asked to leave Fayetteville. I've been around a lot of coaching staffs all over the State. Bauxite coaches have class.  Unlike many other programs. I won't point any fingers.

Beaver Fever

??? He left Fayetteville on his own to go to Bauxite? ?? Come on now Digger , He ended up the because they were 0-10.

justafan33

I'm not Digger, however family ties brought him home.  Bauxite's coach Prescott quit in June to Chicken Farm,  a week later,  Patton was hired. It was great timing

phdefense

Too early to petition for a name change to the "Mos Eisley" Miners?

Sonofasonofasailor

Quote from: STUNNA on December 14, 2018, 02:10:02 pm

Any thread that can have a play on AC/DC is a good thread.

So lock up your daughter
Lock up your wife
Lock up your back door
And run for your life
The man is back in town

beaverfan007

It's a matter of time before they win a state championship

richboy

Quote from: beaverfan007 on December 15, 2018, 07:36:43 am
It's a matter of time before they win a state championship
after losing most thier starters, I doubt it plus they have to get past arky and warren first

Trojanbird

You seem to like to talk about others.  Would you mind explaining that baggage that your coach there at Stuttgart has created?  How do you justify that?

#1thetruth

Quote from: beach bum on December 13, 2018, 05:34:09 pm
Heard he got a horrible reputation for his behavior in Conway..... Honestly I have lost all respect for Bauxite administration cause add another tally to the row. I love when I hear people say "what does a person's character have to do with them doing their job as coach"...... Give me a break. This is not pro football. This is small town high school football where this will be the last stop for at least 95% of these kids. It is the parents jobs first and foremost to be the role model of their kids, but if I have kids and they play sports they may be with a coach at least 3 hours a day then yes he better be a good example for my kids of how to be a decent human being. More importantly at the high school game then even winning games its a coaches job to be a role model to teach kids about life in general.

You do know who we voted in as president??
Character is overrated!!!
Get you a hand full.......

Oldbadger

December 15, 2018, 02:31:34 pm #72 Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 02:33:51 pm by Oldbadger
Changed my mind!

FootballFan00

Quote from: #1thetruth on December 15, 2018, 10:39:14 am
Quote from: beach bum on December 13, 2018, 05:34:09 pm
Heard he got a horrible reputation for his behavior in Conway..... Honestly I have lost all respect for Bauxite administration cause add another tally to the row. I love when I hear people say "what does a person's character have to do with them doing their job as coach"...... Give me a break. This is not pro football. This is small town high school football where this will be the last stop for at least 95% of these kids. It is the parents jobs first and foremost to be the role model of their kids, but if I have kids and they play sports they may be with a coach at least 3 hours a day then yes he better be a good example for my kids of how to be a decent human being. More importantly at the high school game then even winning games its a coaches job to be a role model to teach kids about life in general.

You do know who we voted in as president??
Character is overrated!!!
Get you a hand full.......

agreed. I'd bet 90 percent of the people bashing bauxite admin voted for Trump. Hmmm seems hypocritical.

bigchief72455

CC is only going to be at Bauxite until the next college comes calling.

Digger#23

I'm intrigued by this hire.  Should be interesting to see how all of this unfolds. Go Miners!!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bigchief72455 on December 17, 2018, 08:49:08 am
So

bigchief72455

nomorewhining

Quote from: bigchief72455 on December 17, 2018, 08:49:08 am

Any coach at any level is only going to be where he is until something better comes along

Mulerider4Life

Something stinks at Bauxite. What is the admin hiding?

nomorewhining

Hammer down

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on January 08, 2019, 11:36:37 am
Something stinks at Bauxite. What is the admin hiding?

What's wrong with giving guys a second chance? Or are you more upset that's Bauxite is on the rise?

beach bum

Quote from: Hammer down on January 08, 2019, 12:20:56 pm
What's wrong with giving guys a second chance? Or are you more upset that's Bauxite is on the rise?

This is his third chance we know of.... That is why he went from HC at FCS schools to Bauxite. And give us a break you finished 4th in the conference and bounced in the 2nd round. No one is jealous of Bauxite. When you go from HC at an FCS school to a small town high school as an assistant that is not a 2nd chance..... That's you burning all your bridges you have no other shots. If you don't see that then that is pretty sad you don't see the obvious.

Jimbo Morphis

beach bum

January 08, 2019, 01:24:24 pm #84 Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 01:26:34 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Oldman on January 08, 2019, 12:53:12 pm
Something about rocks and glass houses.

Or do the opposite.... and just wear a blind fold and ear plugs your whole life so you can pretend people never behave inappropriately?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: beach bum on January 08, 2019, 01:24:24 pm
Or do the opposite.... and just wear a blind fold and ear plugs your whole life so you can pretend people never behave inappropriately?
I deal with the public everyday. I try not to judge but know exactly how people behave.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Hammer down on January 08, 2019, 12:20:56 pm

Nah. Just poking fun at Bauxite hiring the equivalent of Bobby Petrino. Or maybe just the trash of a school it is? Hard to tell. 

IAFLAR7

Quote from: justafan33 on December 14, 2018, 11:27:12 am
Bash Bauxite, like you did all season. There isn't a school that wouldn't want their children to play for Patton, Calley, and staff anywhere. Never met Conque, but I have always followed the UCA Bears. His former players enjoyed playing for him.
That's exactly right. Perhaps they are better role models if they have made mistakes, learned from them and in the long run, better people because of it.
But I imagine the keyboard warriors that post on here have never made any mistakes in their life and don't see it that way.

Beaver Fever

If the mistakes are repeated then I doubt they learned from them.

IAFLAR7

Quote from: Beaver Fever on January 20, 2019, 09:02:32 am
If the mistakes are repeated then I doubt they learned from them.
You can doubt but unless you really know them you don't know.

Mulerider4Life

Regardless these boys on the Bauxite football team need real guidance. A guidance to show them they don't have to get their high school girlfriend pregnant and have a baby outside of marriage. A guidance for those who don't have a dad. A guidance to show that you can go and have a career and a family. Not just be another wash upped former Bauxite player that attends the games and tells of stories of back in my day. Not some coach that had an affair on his wife up at Fayetteville. The men at Bauxite need and deserve the best. I have talked to many boys, and they love the coaches, but say it's more like having big brothers, not fathers. I'm not perfect by all means, but we have to admit our faults. We can't pretend they aren't there.

Oldbadger

As I have said earlier in this thread, I don't see many stones being thrown, just a lost of useless words. If I were to ask all posters, "if you haven't made any mistakes in your life, you may post" this message board would be empty. Most of us don't know all there is to know about any of the situations, including Petrino, so, until you can go by something other than "hearsay", it would be better not to "say" anything. You have to remember, what you say publicly, even if true, hurts people other than the one you are discussing-son's, daughters, mothers and fathers, and many more. It isn't right to victimize those who aren't responsible for the actions of one they love. So, also as I've said before, "Be careful of Stones that you throw".

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Oldbadger on January 21, 2019, 03:56:57 pm
As I have said earlier in this thread, I don't see many stones being thrown, just a lost of useless words. If I were to ask all posters, "if you haven't made any mistakes in your life, you may post" this message board would be empty. Most of us don't know all there is to know about any of the situations, including Petrino, so, until you can go by something other than "hearsay", it would be better not to "say" anything. You have to remember, what you say publicly, even if true, hurts people other than the one you are discussing-son's, daughters, mothers and fathers, and many more. It isn't right to victimize those who aren't responsible for the actions of one they love. So, also as I've said before, "Be careful of Stones that you throw".
Well said Badger

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Oldbadger on January 21, 2019, 03:56:57 pm

But there are varying degrees of "mistakes". Forgetting your wife's birthday is a mistake, but it's not the same as cheating on your wife now is it?

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 22, 2019, 07:59:19 am
But there are varying degrees of "mistakes". Forgetting your wife's birthday is a mistake, but it's not the same as cheating on your wife now is it?

Well said SUGARTOWN

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 22, 2019, 07:59:19 am

cheating once could kinda be a mistake, more than once is called a habit.

Oldbadger

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 22, 2019, 08:33:22 am
cheating once could kinda be a mistake, more than once is called a habit.
My primary reason for posting what I did was to protect, to some extent, those who are not guilty of anything but being a friend or family member, such as a son or daughter or mother or father. If one steals five dollars or another steals one hundred dollars, both are thieves. If  one tells a small lie or a big lie, both are liars! Forgetting something and doing something intentionally are different. Insinuating facts on a public forum isn't a good thing for those innocents to read. And some do read this stuff.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Oldbadger on January 22, 2019, 01:30:43 pm
My primary reason for posting what I did was to protect, to some extent, those who are not guilty of anything but being a friend or family member, such as a son or daughter or mother or father. If one steals five dollars or another steals one hundred dollars, both are thieves. If  one tells a small lie or a big lie, both are liars! Forgetting something and doing something intentionally are different. Insinuating facts on a public forum isn't a good thing for those innocents to read. And some do read this stuff.

True, both are liars. But a white lie can be harmless, perjury can send you to jail. Stealing five dollars is no big deal, stealing a car is a felony. Yes, both are thieves and they're not same and painting it with that broad brush is unwise.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Oldbadger on January 22, 2019, 01:30:43 pm

public forum is just that, public forum. I was simply stating that 1 affair is overlookable (maybe) IF someone does it more than once (not saying anyone mentioned in this thread did) that's a habit.

as far as hurting peoples feelings, well the main stream media does it on an hourly basis.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on January 22, 2019, 02:12:44 pm
public forum is just that, public forum. I was simply stating that 1 affair is overlookable (maybe) IF someone does it more than once (not saying anyone mentioned in this thread did) that's a habit.

as far as hurting peoples feelings, well the main stream media does it on an hourly basis.

Good statement, and we also have the right to express our opinions just like OldBadger.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas